Dating Days and Campfires

By _justanotherwriter_

**SEQUEL TO A BLIND DATE, MUST READ BEFORE GOING FURTHER** Cass and Alex. The most perfect couple. At the e... More

School's Out, Scream and Shout!
Cabins and the Initiation.
Skinny Dipping? PSYCH!
Midnight Changes Everything.
Here's to Never Growing Up and Revenge.
You Make Me Crazy and Counselor's Night.
Anger and Treehouses.
Dangerous Waters.
One Year.
Camping.
Spiders.
A New Turn of Events.
Understandings.
Taking It Easy.
Lights, Camera... ACTION!
Cat Fight.
Bonfire.
Epiphanies.
Alone.
Control.
Confessions.
Angry.
The Truth.
Perspectives.
Girl's Night Out... or Not?
Home.
Scared.
Rollercoaster.
Circles.
Memories.
Trying.
Irresistible.
Confusion.
The Date, 2.0.
Oops.
Cassandra Ann Williams.
Inner Peace.
Finding Each Other.
Stuck.
Almost There.
The Calm After The Storm
In The End.

Screw This.

84.3K 1.3K 400
By _justanotherwriter_

NOW SAY HEYYY

*crowd yells* HEYYY

Recap: Cass gets hit with volleyball, has a midnight snack with Taylor, tells story about their life to Alex and is now playing truth or dare drinking style. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

"I dare you to kiss me." His lips curl up in a smirk, challenging me. 

Taylor, Taylor, Taylor. 

I grabbed the bottle in between us and tilted my head back, taking a sip. "Screw you, Taylor," I scoffed. 

Although I knew he was pissed, he was a douche. 

Like a total douche. 

Taylor pouts. "You're no fun, Cass." 

"Can we just go now?" I groan. All I wanted to do was sleep and forget about tonight. 

They all shake their heads and Alex lets out a moan. "Who's next?" He crosses his arms. 

*********************************************************************************************************************

"I think that... that..." Kelly trails off, rubbing her eyes. But before she can finish her sentence, she yawns and curls up on the floor, fast asleep. 

"And that's the last of them!" I dust off my hands. Taylor, Belle, Juliet, Mark, Chase, and now Kelly were all sound asleep after a couple more rounds. Alex yawned, stretching. 

"You know for a second there, I really thought you were going to kiss him." 

"Taylor?" I scoff. "You're so insecure," I giggle. "Don't know what for. You're turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or-" 

"Please, don't," he groaned. "But anyway, I'm beat," he sighed. He leaned over and gave me a quick kiss. 

"Night, CC. See you tomorrow." 

"See ya," I smiled at him and he winked. After he exited, I got up and collected all the empty alcohol bottles and put them in a corner. Just as I opened the door to leave, a groggy voice stopped me. 

"Cass?" 

I slowly turned around to find Taylor rubbing his eyes, trying to sit up. "Go back to sleep, Taylor," I whispered. "This is all a dream. Oooooo...." I made some spooky noises and waved my arms around. 

Don't judge, this works in movies, okay?! 

He frowned at me. "You're weird." 

Okay, so Taylor was a mean drunk. 

"Just go to sleep!" I hissed, fed up with him. He shook his head, grabbing his shirt from the floor and putting it on. 

"In my own bed," he demanded and stood up, stumbling and swaying left and right. I rushed over quickly and caught him before he hit the ground. 

"Gah, you're heavy," I groaned, straightening him. 

"Not heavier than you, fatty," he chuckled. 

"You're so mature," I muttered, grabbing his arm and putting it around my neck for support. I put my arm around his back and helped him to the door, where we quietly exited. 

"Why are you always so grumpy, Cassandra? You're killing my vibe, man!" Taylor exclaimed, grinning. (Gif on the right ------>). 

"First, keep it down. Second, don't call me Cassandra!" I whisper-shouted. 

"What? Keep it down for the kids?" Taylor groaned. "You know what?" 

He stumbled forwards, peeling myself from my arms. "Screw this!" He loudly exclaimed. 

"Screw life!" He held up both middle fingers towards the starry night sky. 

"Taylor!" I sprinted over and clamped a hand over his mouth. "Shh..." I hushed him, my eyes wide. He was going to get us in SO much trouble. 

"Oh, stop being such a uptight prune," Taylor shoved me away. 

EXCUSE ME? UPTIGHT PRUNE? 

"Listen here, Taylor," I stepped forward and pushed Taylor in the chest. He fell backwards and hit the ground on his butt. "You're drunk. You're stupid. You're annoying. And quite frankly, I hate you. So you need to get your butt to bed, or so help me god, I will ensure that you will never have children." 

Taylor opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off. 

"Ever." 

I glared down at him, pointing a finger in his face. 

"Okay. Can you help me up?" 

Muttering profanity under my breath, I held out a hand for Taylor. He grabbed it, but the moment I pulled upwards, he tugged downwards, pulling me next to him. 

"Ouf!" I exclaimed, hitting the ground hard. "Taylor," I scowled. "Can you go to bed now?" I went to get up, but Taylor grabbed my wrist, stopping me. 

"Wait," he whispered, staring at the sky. "Just look," he pointed upwards, letting my wrist go. My eyes followed his finger to the starry night sky and I sighed, laying back down, so our heads were next to each other. "How many do you think there are?" 

"A gazillion." 

"That's not a real number, Cass." 

"Then I honestly have no idea," I sighed. 

"Stars are like people." 

I chuckled. "People aren't burning balls of gas zillions of miles away." 

"Haha, you're so funny," Taylor quipped. "No, I mean they're so many of them-so many of us- yet just one isn't very special on its own." 

I thought about this for a moment. "I disagree. I think that every star in that sky is important. If you just saw one, and the rest of the sky was pitch black, wouldn't it be beautiful?" 

"But-" Taylor, began but I cut him off. 

"No buts. A constellation wouldn't be a constellation without every star, right?" 

"I guess." 

"Then every single person matters. It wouldn't be a world without them." 

There was silence as Taylor mulled this over, and then he sighed. But it was a happy sigh. Like an after thanksgiving dinner sigh. 

"Thanks," he said softly, his head falling on my shoulder. I glanced at him and his eyes were closed. 

"For what?" 

"For giving me a reason." 

"What?" 

But he had fallen asleep.

***********************************************************************************************************************

The bright sun behind my eyelids woke me up and I groaned, rolling over on my pillow. But then my pillow sifted underneath me without my help. 

Wait a minute. 

Pillows aren't supposed to be breath. 

My eyes flew open and I discovered that I was using Taylor's stomach as my pillow. We were in a T shaped position, him being the top and me being the 'I' part. My eyes trailed upwards to his face, where he looked peaceful sleeping. 

"Are you done checking me out yet?" He said, not even opening his eyes. 

"Hey!" I hit his chest, sitting up. "I was not checking you out." 

A lazy grin took ahold of his face. "Sure. And my name is not Taylor Herrings." 

I decided to avert the attention from me. "So. Hungover much? Wanna open your eyes?" 

He shook his head, eyelids shut. "Nope. Sun hurts too much." 

I looked over at where the cabins were and it seemed that nobody was awake yet. "Come on," I said, standing up and dusting my pants. Taylor groaned and rolled over so he was completely on his back. 

"I don't wanna. My stomach hurts." 

"Oh, man up, you sissy," I scoffed, placing my hands on my hips. 

"Help me up?" He stuck his hand in the air. 

"Not after last night, no thank you." 

"Last night?" A confused expression appeared on his face, his hand still in the air. 

He didn't remember. 

All the questions I had were never going to be answered: what did he mean by 'I gave him a reason?' A reason for what? 

"Um... never mind," I blurted, then grabbed his hand and pulled my upwards. He slowly opened his eyes, then swayed a little bit, when he stood up. 

"God," he muttered, then took off stumbling for the trees, clutching his stomach. I quickly followed and found him a couple feet away from the trees, hands on his knees. "I wouldn't recommend walking over there," he jerked a thumb behind him. I scrunch my face up, disgusted. When Taylor rights himself, we begin to walk back to our cabins. "So what happened last night?" 

"Um..." I stuttered. What do I say? "You got drunk?" 

"Thanks for that great observation! But seriously, did I say anything weird?" 

"Uh, er, nothing really?" I shrugged. 

Yeah, Taylor, you sorta did!

"And you're sure about that?" He raises an eyebrow. I nod my head rapidly. 

"Positive. But you did skinny-dip," I chuckle. 

"Did I really? I think I vaguely remember being naked. But I have that memory after every night that I drink, so..." 

"EW!" I exclaim, shoving him. 

"What can I say?" Taylor smirks and punch him in the arm. 

"Just go brush your teeth," I shooed him into his cabin. Taylor went in, laughing. Shaking my head, I went into him, where the girls were getting ready for the day. I also changed into a pair of denim shorts and a blouse. We headed to breakfast and I grabbed some food, sitting in my usual seat next to Alex. 

"You get to bed okay last night?" He questioned, dark circles under his eyes. 

"Yeah, except Taylor woke up so I had to help him to his cabin. But as it turns out-" I begin, but with a look from Alex at the mention of Taylor, I shut up. "You guys should be chill now," I groaned, taking a bite of my bacon. 

"We should, but you're forgetting that I'm Alex Waters," he pointed out, raising his eyebrows. 

"Good point," I giggled, nudging him gently. A moment later Taylor stumbled in and went straight for the coffee. I shook my head, smiling. He walked over to us, his hair still messy. 

"Hey guys," he nodded at us. "Are the rest of the counsler's still in the shed?" He asked. 

"Yeah, I'll get them after breakfast," Alex said, shrugging.

"Okay, so are we going to do a play to teach the kids the message or whatever Aunt Kathy wanted us to do?" I question, looking at both of them. 

"I'm down for that," Alex shrugged and Taylor nodded. 

"Coolio! I'll write the script and stuff and we can practice tonight!" I chirp. 

"Okay, but don't make it too educational. I do have a reputation to uphold, after all," Taylor grinned at me.

I scoffed, shaking my head. 

**********************************************************************************************************************

"Ugh! I can't do this!" I wiped the sweat off my forehead for the hundredth time, plopping down at a picnic table. It was free time and the heat was intolerable. 

"You look like you need this." 

I turned to see Taylor sitting down next to me, a lemonade in his outstretched hand. "OMG! Yes!" I grinned, accepting it and downing the cool drink. "That was sooooo good," I moaned as I took a piece of ice from the cube and put it in my mouth. 

"You're welcome," Taylor rolled his eyes. 

"Thank you," I laughed, biting down on the ice. 

"Okay. So, last night I have this really weird memory of like stars. And quick question, why did we wake up outside?" Taylor cocked his head to the side. 

"Woah, okay. Lots of questions. Why didn't you ask that me these earlier?" 

Taylor gives me a 'duh' look. "Hangover? Remember?" 

"Oh. Okay, well, um, I was walking you back to your cabin last night and you fell and looked up at the sky. And for waking up outside? Uh..... you got tired and fell asleep and I guess I did too?" I shrug. 

Okay, so maybe I wasn't telling the full story, but a voice in the back of my head was saying that I didn't want Taylor to remember what he said last night and explain it, because that could mean trouble! 

Don't ask, my brain is weird. 

"Huh." Taylor thought about this. "I'm never drinking again." 

"Hm, you sure about that?" I tilted my head to the side. 

"Good point." 

We both laughed and then just sat in silence, watching the kids splash around in the lake. "Cass?" 

"Yea," I turned to him. 

He averted his gaze, instead playing with his fingers. "I, um, you see, well, I think that-" 

"Hey, Cass!" 

I turned to see Alex jogging up to us. "Mind if I steal my girlfriend, Taylor?" He put his hand on my shoulder. An unreadable expression flashed across Taylor's face, but he quickly put on a smile. 

Strange. 

"Sure, yea." 

"What were you saying before?" I asked, curious. 

He looked at me, then Alex and back at me. "Uh, never mind. Just forget about it," he shrugged, getting up. 

"Taylor-" 

"It's fine, don't worry about it," he waved his hands at me, walking away. 

What was he going to say?

***********************************************************************************************************************

"Okay, I thought that we need some alone time away from these people, so.... how about a canoe ride?" Alex asked as we walked to the pier. 

"Sounds great," I chirped, but Taylor kept nagging me. What was he going to say? 

God, that boy was weird. 

Alex and I both got on to canoe and began paddling around the lake. "Okay, I'm tired," Alex sighed when were floating around the center of the lake. 

"Wimp," I stuck my tongue out at him. 

"Hey! Don't make me come over there." 

"I dare you," I gave him a smug look, leaning back against the boat. Alex wouldn't try to stand up and walk on a canoe. He'd have to be an idiot. 

Oh wait. 

That's right. 

He is an idiot! 

He got up, the boat shook, rocking gently from side to side. "Alex," I trailed off, clutching the boats of the side, trying to steady it. "Sit down." 

"You dared me," he sing-songed, taking a careful step towards me. 

"Seriously! The boat's gonna tip over! Just sit down!" I hissed, heart picking up pace. 

"Aw, is CC scared?" Alex smirked, then crouched down, grabbed the sides of the boat and began to rock it from side to side. 

"Alex! STOP!" 

"Make me," he winked, the boat now violently rocking. I squeezed my eyes shut, the canoe lurching. 

I was going to frickin KILL that boy. 

"Open your-" 

"AHHHH!" We both screamed, the boat finally tipping over. I caught a glimpse of the water right before I fell in. Gasping, I reached the surface of the water. 

"Alex?!" I hurriedly questioned. 

I turned around, splashing, but the water lay still except for the overturned boat. "Alex!" I exclaimed again, then went underwater to see if I could see him. I couldn't see anything, so I went back to the surface, turning around and around. 

He couldn't have.... 

"Boo." 

"AHHHH!" 

"I got you good," Alex laughed, throwing his head back. He bobbed in the water, droplets falling from his soaking hair. 

"I thought you were dead, you flipping idiot!" I placed a hand over my racing heart, kicking away from Alex. 

"But I'm alive! Aren't you happy?" Alex swam after me. 

I wheeled around, absolutely pissed, and smacked him upside the head. "That was for tipping the boat over." 

I hit him again. "Ow!" he winced. 

"That was for pretending to drown." 

I smacked him again, and he cringed, rubbing the spot. 

"And that was for fun." 

"Ow, this brings back memories, huh?" Alex tried at a weak grin. 

"Oh, don't remind me. Those were the good times. When I still hated you," I sighed, floating on my back. 

"Oh?" 

"Yeah, it was easier when you were a prick." 

"Really? Well, it was easier when you were a bi-" 

I cut him off with a gasp, changing from my floating position to looking at him straight in the eye. "You better not finish that sentence," I growled. 

"Hey! You get to insult me but I don't get to defend myself?" Alex gave me an astonished look. 

"It's called having me as a girlfriend, buster, better get used to it," I winked, giggling, and splashed him a little. 

"Oh, that's how its going to be, huh?" He grinned and splashed me back. 

"Don't you dare, Waters!" I laughed and threw some water at him. 

"I'm gonna get you!" He yelled, and began to swim after me, splashing. 

"Ah!" I screamed, laughing, when his hands wrapped around my waist. I turned around in the water so we were face to face. 

"Much better," he sighed, as he rested our foreheads against each other. "I was lying before, you know. I didn't like it better then. You know why?" 

"Why?" 

"Because I could never do this." 

And with that, he pressed his lips to mine as my legs wrapped around his waist under the water. My fingers got tangled up in his wet hair and his hands pressed on my back and neck. We both pulled away for breath and I sighed, happy. 

"It's nice to know I can still get you mad. I haven't lost my touch," he poked my nose, and I giggled. 

We stayed in silence for a minute and I could feel those words pressing down on me again. 

Those three words. 

That one dreaded L-word. 

No, Cass, my brain screamed at me. You don't know what you're feeling! You're just a teenage girl! 

I had to do something, or sure enough those words would come tumbling out. 

So, I placed my hands on top of Alex's head and dunked him. He came up a moment later, gasping for air. I cackled evilly, throwing my head back. 

"Oh, no you didn't!" he lunged for me. 

Alex, Alex, Alex. 

What are you doing to me?

___________________________________________________________________________________

SPUNKY727 inspired this chapter, go follow her! 

Suggestions, comments, concerns, wishes?

Don't forget to vote, follow and share! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 27.2K 30
Annie and Kyle were best friends, until he ended it? but why? She soon uncovers the truth about being a rejected mate, will they make it or fail com...
10.1K 252 12
Sequel to Do I wanna Know. Reader and Spencer start dating and everything is perfect. Until it's not. How will they deal with Emily's death and the...
4.4K 71 19
***Sequel to All I Ask.**** In the 8 years that have passed, how have Justin and Cassandra changed? Can the relationship still thrive through the mos...
867K 25.5K 26
"I own you, Cassia. Your body, your heart, your soul- they belong to me. Don't ever try to deny me something that's mine because I can promise you th...