The Alpha's Lifeline

由 Shaunaclouds123

~In a world full of mythical creatures and other terrifying beasts~ **Mature Content** Rylan Cooper was diffe... 更多

\~Intro/Disclaimer~/
~Chapter one~
~Chapter two~
~Chapter three~
~Chapter four~
~Chapter five~
~Chapter six~
~Chapter seven~
~Chapter eight~
~Chapter nine~
~Chapter ten~
~Chapter eleven~
~Chapter twelve~
~Chapter thirteen~
~Chapter fourteen~
~Chapter fifteen~
~Chapter sixteen~
~Chapter seventeen~
~Chapter eighteen~
~Chapter nineteen~
~Chapter twenty~
~Chapter twenty-one~
~Chapter twenty-two~
~Chapter twenty-three~
~Chapter twenty-four~
~Chapter twenty-five~
~Chapter twenty-six~
~Chapter twenty-seven~
~Chapter twenty-eight~
~Chapter twenty-nine~
~Chapter thirty~
~Chapter thirty-two~
~Chapter thirty-three~
~Chapter thirty-four~
~Chapter thirty-five~
~Chapter thirty-six~
~Chapter thirty-seven~
~Chapter thirty-eight~
~Epilogue~
~Bonus Chapter~

~Chapter thirty-one~

28.8K 885 44
由 Shaunaclouds123

"Adeline." Isaac woke her up, she'd fallen asleep again.

"Hmm?" She opened her eyes and sat up, her hand still loosely in Rylan's.

"It's been a few hours, most of the blood we're transfusing back has already transferred over, he's doing well," Isaac told her and she smiled, nodding.

He was still sleeping.

"You were asleep, but he got quite critical last night, I didn't want to worry you. his heartbeat was going down, but we gave him a shot of insulin just to keep his blood sugars and glucose levels up." He told him.

"Was he okay?" She asked quickly and he nodded.

"We monitored him for a while, but he was fine... He should be okay to go back home in a few hours, but he's going to need to sleep and rest until he feels less faint. it might take a few days but knowing his wolf he'll be fine overnight."

"You might not have to postpone the ceremony, see what he wants to do when he wakes up... I'm sure he'll still have his persistent opinion." Isaac smiled and Adeline nodded, smiling to herself.

"Thank you." She said. "I can't believe that worked."

"I'll thank Patrick for you too, he's going to stay a few days to get to know the pack a little better, I think Jonathan might visit too... I thought it might be helpful for Rylan..."

"That's an amazing idea." She nodded. "I think he'd like that."

"I'll leave you be if he wakes up, comes and get me and I'll explain everything to him... I'll help you get him home and up the stairs too!"

"Thank you, Isaac." She said smiling.

Nearly another hour later, at about 4 in the afternoon he started to wake up. Adeline had rang a

people to check up on the situations, but all seemed well.

"Hi, gorgeous," Adeline said smiling. She leaned forward and kissed his forward.

"I'm...gorgeous? Am I?" he said slowly, he smirked, he felt so strange, like a demon had been lifted off his shoulder. It was bittersweet, he had lost a third of himself that he had learnt to deal with for so long.

"Very," Adeline told him and he smiled, still feeling weak.

"I feel weird." He admitted, "Little dizzy." His words were slurred and fuzzy.

"Don't move around too much." She laughed.

"I need to pee." He admitted and she smiled, "I want to sit up."

"Slow down, wait a minute." She let go of his hand and got Isaac, who came in straight away.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, clipboard in hand.

"Ehhh." He span his head round, drugged up.

"He's gone?" Isaac checked and Rylan nodded.

"It feels strange."

"It will do, Rylan. You won't remember a life without him, it's alright to take your time."

"I need to pee." He said again, looking up at the ceiling and trying to look around before putting his head back to the side, feeling dizzy.

"You're not going to be able to get up yet, Buddy... Give yourself time."

"Can I sit up?" He asked. Isaac sighed, he always lost the battle with Rylan's will. He pressed the button on the bed to raise him up a bit.

Rylan sat up, talking, and relaxing for a little while before Isaac decided he could try to walk to the bathroom.

"Right, swing your legs to the side of the bed," Isaac said. "Take your time, you don't need to rush."

"I'm fine." He told him. He had to keep his arm connected to the machine, which was on wheels. But it moved along with him as he stood up and took tiny steps to the bathroom.

"You're un-believably strong willed, young man." Isaac said, letting him walk slowly.

He held onto the bar of the blood machine on wheels and there was a handle as soon as he stepped into the bathroom. Adeline and Isaac had helped him walk and balance.

"Right. do you want help?" Isaac asked.

"Um. I got it." he said awkwardly. "Isaac piss off, I can stand up." He said laughing.

"Call me if you want me..." he said putting the door to, he knew he wouldn't ask for help.

"What do you want me to do?" She asked she was standing behind him just in case he fell backward.

"Could you just like hold my sides so I don't wobble...?" He asked slightly confused and she nodded.

He let go of the handle at the side of him and tried to pull down his shorts and boxers with one hand, which didn't work. Adeline helped him pull them down from his behind and he thanked her, doing his business and washing his hands with the help from Adeline's hold. She tried not to look at his booty.

He walked back into the room and sat back down on the bed.

"When can I go home?"

"Don't get too ahead of yourself..." Isaac told him. "Give it a few hours...then we'll discharge you, but no running about or shifting for tonight. I'm sure you'll feel fine in the morning... Knowing you...."

"What about the ceremony tomorrow?" He asked.

"Your choice. If you feel okay in the morning you can go ahead, but we'll have to do a small blood test to make sure you've gotten enough blood to cope with mating and becoming alpha officially..." Isaac told him.

"I can deal with that." He nodded, starting to feel more normal.

"How do you feel about it? You know if you're not ready to mate we can wait now, there's a full moon nearly every week." He suggested but Adeline shrugged.

"Whatever you think." She told him and he nodded.

They waited a little while longer until all of the blood he needed was transfused back into his bloodstream.

"Okay, you can walk home... Slowly... I don't want you walking around by yourself and don't push yourself too much for tonight, chill out, go and see your parents, whatever... Just no rushing around or stress..."

"What happens now?" Rylan asked slightly confused.

It had all happened very quickly.

"This was a quick process, let yourself get back to normal and then focus on solving case 9. Patrick will assess you in the morning and if you're feeling okay, the ceremony can still go ahead... You'll feel a little strange for a while, you're not used to not having Lucius there."

"What about marking Adeline?" He asked. "Can she still mark me?"

"It should work as normal, Patrick will check your fangs and everything tomorrow morning, but for now you need some rest... Don't be surprised at how quickly you heal, Odion is strong anyway, let alone the fact it's just you and him now."

"Okay... Can I go home now?" He asked.

"Sure, just take it slow... You can leave now, and I'll get all of your paperwork ready for tomorrow morning. 9 okay?" He asked and Rylan nodded.

They finished off at the medical centre and Rylan walked slowly along the corridors and out onto the field surrounding the main buildings. He was glad of the fresh air, and didn't realise how long the process had taken, It was getting dark.

They walked at an extremely slow pace, and Rylan held Adeline's hand, still feeling very confused. They were getting a few looks from pack members as they passed the packhouse, but they soon got to Rylan's parent's house.

"Mum," Rylan called softly.

"Hi, sweeties!!" She came down and gave them both a hug. "Adeline's been texting us updates all night, how do you feel!" She asked, taking his arm and helping his to the sofa with |Adeline on the other side of him.

"Better." He nodded, relaxing now he wasn't a fall risk.

"Well, that's very good news." she said smiling. "Have you eaten dinner Adeline?"

"No, I haven't." She shook her head.

"Let me make you something sweetie. You can both stay here tonight, all your stuff is still upstairs anyway." His mum stood up and kiss her boy on his head, before going into the kitchen to make Adeline some food.

They both relaxed, knowing tomorrow they could be the official Alpha and Luna. So much had happened in the last few days. 

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

68.3K 1.1K 33
Book 1 of Mate of the Alpha. Werewolves ruled the world. There were only a few more human villages left, and after a while, the wolves found out wher...
1.7M 38.8K 40
*WARNING: there are descriptions of abuse and rape in this story. I strongly suggest that readers should be 18+ years and older. I do not condone any...
167K 4.4K 26
A girl named Emma has gone through a lot of problems. One day she is given a chance, to start a new and fresh life with her father. Emma won't pull a...
211 31 12
Born to an Alpha father and a twin brother, Ivy struggles to claim and secure her rightful title as the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack. As a female, sh...