Daddy's Little Girl (Complete...

By JustMike75

Harrison Kringe loses more than his wife when she suddenly dies after giving birth; he loses his mind. He bla... More

Chapter one: Time of Death...
Chapter two: The War Within
Chapter three: Trust Issues
Chapter four: Broken Spirit
Chapter five: We Have Shots Fired
Chapter Six: The Way Life Is
Chapter seven: In the Flesh
Chapter eight: Ambidextrous
Chapter nine: In the Dog House
Chapter Ten: The Reunion
Chapter 11: Private Meeting
Chapter 12: Foul Play
Chapter 13: Mine's Bigger Than Yours
Chapter 14: Scavenger Hunt
Chapter 15: Catching Up
Chapter 16: Business and Pleasure
Chapter 17: Bloodbath
Chapter 18: The Invitation
Chapter 19: Stress-Free Day
Chapter 20: Death For Dessert
Chapter 21: Mind Struggle
Chapter 22: Unsupervised
Chapter 23: Ready For The Kill
Chapter 24: Slipping Away
Chapter 25: Know Thy Enemy
Chapter 26: The Good Samaritan
Chapter 27: Redemption Denied
Chapter 29: End of the Line
Chapter 30: Pummeled
Chapter 31: Toying With The Law
Chapter 32: Game Over
Chapter 33: Forget Me Not
DLG POETRY CONTEST
Poetry Contest Winners
Daddy's Little Girl ~ BLURB Entries
COMING SOON!!!

Chapter 28: Breaking News

1.9K 83 11
By JustMike75

Deciding to stop just outside the boundaries of North Point, Harrison thinks it is wise to stay off the roads. For one, the police will be looking for them. Secondly, the storm makes driving conditions hazardous. Harrison chooses to stop at an old run down motel. He parks the car around the back, out of sight from passing traffic; specifically any police that might be driving in the area.

Having spent most of her life indoors, Abby has never had the privilege to watch a thunderstorm. She stands at the window staring out into the night. Her eyes widen at every bright flash of lightning that illuminates the dark sky. The loud cracks of thunder shake the ground and Abby flinches at the awesome power of Mother Nature. Though it is a scary experience, the excitement of the storm has her adrenaline pumping and she can't seem to look away.

Just across the street from the motel is a bus stop. Abby watches the buses come and go, pedestrians boarding and exiting the buses. The concept of this mode of transportation is interesting to her. Where do the buses come from? Where are they going?

Harrison rests on the bed watching Abby, studying her behavior. He thinks how far she has come and how much she has learned in so little time. She is such an amazing little girl.

"Abby?"

She turns her attention away from the window and looks to her father.

Harrison smiles to her, "How are you feeling?"

Abby lifts her shoulders, "Okay."

"Well, are you at least happy that you finally got to kill the police woman?"

She nods, "Yes." Her emotions remain the same, blank.

Harrison is pleased she is happy. He has high hopes her urges to kill have been satisfied enough that he won't have to worry about her, at least for a little while.

"Daddy? The man at the gas station...he died, just like all of the women did."

Harrison seems confused by her words, "Yes, why wouldn't he?"

Abby isn't sure what she was expecting from her first male victim, "I don't know. I just thought it would be different because it was a man."

Harrison chuckles, "No sweetie, I'm afraid that men and women both bleed red."

Abby is quiet, she seems disappointed.

Harrison sits up, "Abby, it's all about being creative. Do you remember your lesson on resourcefulness?"

She nods, "So it's not about who I kill...but how I kill them?"

Harrison grins a big smile, "That is absolutely right, Abby."

Harrison turns on the television and begins to flip through the channels trying to find something that meets his educational standards. "Come have a seat." He pats the bed. "I want you to sit here and watch T.V. Okay?"

Abby sits holding her teddy, her eyes glued to the screen. Harrison stops at the program COPS.

"Pay close attention to this program. You can learn how the police think." Harrison stands observing her for a moment. "I'm going to take a shower and after I'm done maybe I'll order a pizza, okay?"

Abby doesn't take her eyes from the show but acknowledges Harrison, "Okay. I like pizza."

***

Steam fills the small bathroom as the hot water beats down upon Harrison's body. The water is refreshing and relaxing as his muscles are sore and tired. Since his struggle with Brandy in his front yard this morning, Harrison has been looking forward to this therapeutic shower. While the water is swallowed noisily by the drain, he tries to concentrate on a plan. He must do whatever it takes to avoid being captured. His mind plays out every possible scenario it can imagine; each one ending badly for Harrison. He can't foresee his future as a free man. Harrison is more concerned about Abby's future than his own. He feels he has the responsibility of Abby's future in his hands and he must do whatever is necessary to ensure she does not end up in the custody of the law.

Abby's gaze is fixated to the television. She watches the show as the police are harassing an intoxicated man, forcing him to the ground and yelling at him to cooperate. She doesn't understand why they are treating the man this way.

Suddenly 'Breaking News' flashes across the screen. A male reporter broadcasts live in the midst of the violent storm.

He is practically screaming to be heard above the howling wind and splattering rain. "This is Gary Cooper reporting live outside the North Point Hospital, where earlier today one of North Points own, a Police Detective has suffered a severe neck laceration! The police have not released the name of that detective as of yet, though we do know that the victim is alive but in critical condition..."

Abby stares hard at the television, her eyes locked on the news reporter. Every word he speaks is like a knife poking her brain with curiosity. The wheels of her mind begin to turn. Abby realizes that even though the news reporter, Gary Cooper, did not mention her name, the victim he spoke of is Brandy Page.

All good things must come to an end. Harrison shuts the water off and begins to towel off. He swipes his hand across the steamed mirror and looks into his own evil reflection.

He speaks to himself, "You are one sick fuck." Immediately he chuckles and answers himself, "Yes I am." He quickly changes his facial expression to anger and he bangs his hand against the glass, "What are you looking at?" He laughs aloud at his own actions.

"Abby? Are you ready for that pizza now?" He waits and listens, but an answer never comes.

Harrison quickly throws open the bathroom door, "Abby?" He searches the room quickly with his eyes, he doesn't see Abby anywhere. "Shit!" He looks under the bed and in the closet, constantly calling her name. No Abby. He rushes to the window and checks behind the curtains, she isn't there either. Harrison is in a full blown panic.

Through the paned glass window and the pouring rain, Harrison suddenly spots Abby. She is standing on the opposite side of the road holding her bear. He beats on the window, yelling at the top of his lungs, "Abby!" There's no way she can hear him, the storm is too loud. Just then a bus pulls to a stop, blocking Harrison's view of Abby. He watches in fear and it seems to be taking forever for the bus to move. Finally the bus pulls away and Harrison's mind immediately fills with worry. Abby is nowhere to be seen.

Ask and You Shall Receive

Ron sits slumped in the extremely uncomfortable hospital chair fast asleep. He is physically exhausted and emotionally beaten. As hard as he tried, his eyes couldn't resist closing. Still at Brandy's bedside, he has refused to leave her in her time of need. Brandy's condition still hasn't changed. She lays motionless at rest.

The powerful storm still terrorizes the town outside. The lights begin to flicker and the building trembles as a loud rumble of thunder shakes Ron from his sleep. His eyes flutter and open slowly. Ron is disoriented at first having forgotten where he was. It takes him a second to remember the reason for being in this hospital. He had hoped this nightmare was just that; a bad dream. He looks to Brandy as reality settles within him and a feeling of dread washes over his mind.

An elderly nurse peeks into the room, "Visiting hours are over soon..." She notices the deep sadness that covers his face. She doesn't have the heart to ask him to leave, "...but you can stay as long as you need to." She offers a kind smile.

Ron gives her a nod as to say 'thanks' but doesn't risk trying to speak. The nurse softly pulls the door closed.

The lights flicker again, threatening to go out. Ron looks to the ceiling, watching them. He says a silent prayer, hoping that the lights will remain on. Ron isn't so sure how much good praying will do at this point. He is struggling with his own faith, trying to understand why his partner is even in this situation, but right now prayer is all he has.

Ron takes Brandy's hand in his own and bows his head. He begins to talk to God, asking Him to spare Brandy's life. He asks for the strength he needs to get through this tough time and that they will catch the man responsible. He asks God for a sign, anything to prove He is listening.

A massive 'boom' of thunder vibrates the glass window of the room and the lights flicker again. Ron looks to the sky outside. A power outage isn't the sign he was hoping to get.

Suddenly, there's a soft knock at the door. The nurse returns, opening the door, "Detective?"

Ron clears his throat, "What is it?"

"Oh, um, I just wanted to let you know that a woman just came up to me and asked if there was a patient here by the name of Brandy Page."

Ron's defensive side is present in his voice as his instincts kick in, "What woman?"

The nurse feels intimidated by Ron's bark, "I...I don't know, s-she didn't give me her name, she, she just asked about detective Page...I-I didn't tell her anything...I-I told her I couldn't give out patients' information, an-and then she left."

Ron stands, "Show me where she went."

Ron follows the nurse as she explains, "She went this way...down this hall."

Ron racks his brain trying to figure this out, "What I want to know is how the hell she knew to ask for Brandy Page...we haven't released her name to anyone yet...no one except the police knows she's here."

They reach the end of the hall where it T's off. To the left are the waiting rooms and to the right are more hospital rooms. The nurse points down the hallway leading to the left, "She went that way, toward the lobby."

"What did she look like?"

The nurse fumbles her words trying to remember, "S-she was short, well not really short, about my height. She h-has short brown hair and she was wearing a light blue shirt and jeans."

"About how old was she?"

"I don't know, maybe thirty."

Ron looks down the long stretch of hallway to a set of double doors that lead into the waiting area, he huffs, "Alright, thanks." He hands the nurse his business card, "If you see her again or if anyone else comes to visit, you call me right away."

The nurse looks to the card, "Sure thing. I-I have to go...back to my station." She scurries off, leaving Ron at the intersection.

He continues to look toward those double doors wondering, who the hell knows Page is here? The description the nurse had given isn't ringing any bells in Ron's mind. He begins walking toward the doors. He pulls his phone out and calls for backup.

"Neilen? It's Travis. I need you and Sturn at the hospital asap."

Neilen is curious, "Everything okay?"

"I'm not sure yet...wemight have a situation. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote and Comment Please

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

656 54 7
In a well known world, where science is at the top of everything, Porchay is a mystery. A real anomaly. An error no one can explain. A monster. He f...
202K 8.1K 94
Dominant. A person of aggression, disrespect is never in their tolerance. Prideful, strong, and fearless... none would come across them. Alexandriell...
450K 10.4K 53
⚠️ Cringe Warning ⚠️ my story is literally a joke don't say i didn't warn you 💀 . . . Victoria Kalie Maurice, despite having a terrible truth about...
53 0 12
Two Parents decided to take care of one child better than the other one. But the other grew twisted and angry. He Then grew powerful and stronger and...