Cigarette Daydreams // Archie...

De QueenieLale

"Cigarette daydream You were only seventeen So sweet with a mean streak Nearly brought me to my knees" The Bl... Mais

SUMMARY + CAST
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

CHAPTER ONE

15.7K 308 19
De QueenieLale

The dreaded first day of school finally arrived and as being part of one of Riverdale's most powerful family, Athena Blossom was required to give a tour to the new girl with Betty. Meeting Veronica Lodge was indeed a shock as Athena found out that she was the girl from last night that captured Archie's gaze and probably more than that. "So, I usually start off my tours with a little history and context. Riverdale High first opened its doors in 1941 and-" Betty says with confidence. On these things, Athena would always let Betty do her thing because she was great at it and absolutely loved it.

"And hasn't been redecorated since, apparently. Honestly, I feel like I'm wandering through the lost epilogue of Our Town." Veronica interrupts "Amen to that." Athena nods looking at the semiformal posters on the wall. "So, what's the social scene like here? Any nightclubs?" Veronica asks when lo and behold, Kevin Keller bursts into the conversation. "A strip club called the Ho Zone and a tragic gay bar called Innuendo. Friday nights, football games and then tailgate parties at the Mallmart parking lot. Saturday night is movie night, regardless of what's playing at the Bijou, and you better get there early, because we don't have reserved seating in Riverdale. And Sunday nights, Thank God for HBO." Kevin swoops next to Athena giving her a one arm hug which still seemed to comfort her.

"Veronica Lodge, Kevin Keller." Betty introduced the strangers. "Veronica's new here. Kevin is -" Veronica interrupted Kevin, holding out her hand for him to shake. "Gay, thank God. Let's be best friends." Athena was about to ask Veronica a question when Kevin suddenly turns into a gossip queen. "Is it true what they say about your dad?" Athena hits Kevin's non-existent abs as he finishes his sentence.

"That he's the devil incarnate? I stand by my father. Does everyone here know?" A short silence confirms Veronica's suspicions. "Wonderful. Ten minutes in and I'm already the Blue Jasmine of Riverdale High." Deciding to change the subject, Betty quickly interjects. "Oh, and of course there's the Back-to-School semi-formal dance this weekend."

"Oh! There's the hottie we were with last night. The red-headed Ansel Elgort. Is he your boyfriend?" All at once the three friends defend themselves. "No, he's straight." Kevin says with a sigh "No, we're just friends." Betty says putting on a fake smile. "God, I wish," Athena says ignoring Betty's stare. "In that case, mind putting in a word? I've tried every flavor of boy but orange." This caused Athena to gag a little bit.

"To clarify Betty and Archie aren't dating, but they are endgame." Kevin clarifies. Athena then realizes that Betty hadn't told Kevin about how Athena had the same feelings for him as Kevin wasn't the type to simply ignore someone's feelings. "You should ask him to the semiformal then." Veronica nods, encouraging her new friend.

"She should, but I heard it might be getting cancelled. Because of what happened to Jason. They're going to tell us at the assembly." Kevin and Betty supportively each wrap an arm around Athena's shoulders "Whose Jason and what happened to him?"

+ + +

Standing next to her sister Cheryl as she talked about how Jason loved everyone, Athena had tears in her eyes. She glanced over to her sister to see if she needed support but her sister did not shed a single tear. Athena stood as Cheryl announced that the cancellation was not to be done for the semi-formal. The crowd cheered and she looked at her friends who were all supportively waving at her but as she glanced over at her long-time crush, she could see his longing stare directed at the teacher of music at Riverdale High, Miss Grundy. But what Athena thought was a boy crushing on his teacher was different as she looked and saw that the teacher was reciprocating his longing stare, Athena knew something was up and she was determined to find out what.

It was clear to everyone around her that Athena was acting differently from her usual antics. She sat beside her friends listening to Archie's angelic voice sing to her through his laptop. "Can I join?" Veronica comes with her tray standing next to Athena. "Yeah" Athena shuffles closer to Kevin as the new girl sits beside her. "What are we doing?"

"Listening to one of Archie's songs." Betty boasts with a huge smile on her face. She already acted like a proud girlfriend, all that had to happen was for her and Archie to get together. "I thought we were going to have to pretend to like it, but it's actually really good." Kevin chuckles as Athena once again hits him in the stomach. "Wait, that was you singing something you wrote?" Veronica asks picking at her food, sounding genuinely interested. "It's rough."

"It's great, ginger," Athena assures him with her nickname for him. Betty nods her head, agreeing with the girl. When they were younger, Archie would hate the name and would call her strawberry shortcake to annoy her. But now, Archie smiled as he took it as a sign that Athena was slowly but surely going back to her feisty self. "It's incredible, actually. The little snippet I heard. Is that your thing? Music? Are you doing something with that?" Kevin looked at Betty as Betty stared at Athena. The trio all knew that Veronica was trying to get somewhere with those comments.

But alas Betty smiled a fake smile and Athena shot subtle glares. This was how they worked. Betty concealing her feelings completely and Athena only a little bit. It seemed like Veronica did not conceal hers at all. "Yeah, that's the plan. So, how's your first day going? Good?" Archie questioned with genuine interest. "Not to be a complete narcissist, but I thought people would be more--."Kevin cut her off, knowing exactly what she was going to say. "Obsessed with you? Any other year you'd be trending number one."

"This year, it's all about Cheryl trying to win the best supporting psycho Oscar for her role as Riverdale Highs bereaved Red Widow," Athena says, remembering the way that she had not shed a single tear for their dear brother since his death. A half awkward silence followed with Archie breaking the silence. "I should go. Meeting with Grundy, then football tryouts."

"You play football too? What don't you do?" The trio all connected eyes once again. Before it was fine when it was just Betty and Athena who had affections for Archie but now that Veronica, a girl who they basically knew nothing about was flirting with him, it was frustrating considering that Archie was all for it. "Before you ask, Blue Jasmine, no, she has not invited--"

"No, not yet. And don't talk about Archie." Just as Betty finished her sentence, Cheryl strolled up to the group with a sadistic look in her eyes which was the usual. "Veronica Lodge. I'd heard whisperings. I'm Cheryl Blossom, Athena's better half. May I sit? Betty, would you mind?" Cheryl slides onto the chair opposite the new girl, only glancing at Athena slightly. "So, what are we gossiping about? Archie's Efron-esque emergence from the chrysalis of puberty?" Just as Athena whipped her head to look at her sister, Veronica saved the day by changing the subject.

"Extracurriculars. Weatherbee wants me to sign up for a few." Veronica all though she was new, could spot a mean girl from anywhere and she knew that Cheryl was one of them. "Cheer-leading. You must. I am senior captain of the river vixens."

"Is cheer-leading still a thing?" Kevin asks sarcastically. "Is being the gay best friend still a thing?" Cheryl's snaps at the boy causing Kevin to roll his eyes and continue to eat his food. "Some people say it's retro. I say it's eternal and iconic."

"At Spence, I sat at the top of the elites' pyramid. I'm in. Betty and Athena, you're both trying out as well." The two girls looked reluctant as Veronica roped them into the cheerleading discussion. "Of course. Anyone's welcome to try out, But Betty's already got so much on her plate right now and Athena is still a bit too emotional but open to all." The devil stood up telling the group her twitter handle before strutting away. "Okay, go ahead and hate on cheerleading, but if hipster Prince Harry--"

"Oh, I'd love to be a cheerleader. It would look great in my college applications, but last year when I tried out Cheryl said I was too fat." Athena scoffed at the thought, shaking her head at her sister who sat with her back to them at another table. "'Too season five Betty Draper.' It was a good line but not at all true." Veronica turned to Athena with a raised eyebrow "And you Athena?"

"Cheerleading was a goal of mine but Cheryl is very territorial and doesn't want another Blossom on the team." It was true. When Cheryl became captain, Athena didn't have a shot as her sister was very against her being on the team. "Well, you're a total smoke show now and I think that the team needs another Blonde, Brunette, and Redhead. Look if you want to be river vixens, I'll help you prep. I have moves." Athena and Betty locked eyes and within that stare, they both agreed. "Alright, let's do it." The girls nodded before smiling at their new-found friendship.

(EDITED)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

543K 11.4K 30
"I need a gangsta to love me better than all the others do..." Sweet Pea X OC
2.4K 152 48
In the small town of Riverdale, nothing bad ever happens. Until the Fourth of July, when the town's beloved Jason Blossom was murdered. The mystery o...
1.2M 36.4K 60
"Before she heard her best friend die, she was already having a pretty bad day." In which an aspiring novelist named Jughead requires the help of a...
404K 8.3K 37
Lola Carter. Former bad girl gone good. Serpent royalty. Best friend of Jughead Jones. When her father sees her being dragged too deep into the snake...