Harry Potter: Harry Slytherin...

By littlejadelady

Back for his fourth year of Hogwarts not only will Harry have to study hard but he has to deal with somebody... More

NEW-Part1
NEW-Part2
NEW-Part3
New-Part4
NEW- Part 5
NEW-Part 6
Information
Chapter 1: A Trip
Chapter 2: Hogwarts Express
Chapter 3: Triwizard
Chapter 4: Krumbal
Chapter 5: In the Forest
Chapter 7: Schemes and Dreams
Chapter 8: Yule Ball
Chapter 8: Yule ball - Part 2 -
Chapter 9: Secret of the Egg
Chapter 10: The Second Task
Chapter 11: That was Never an Option
Chapter 12: Prep for the Final Task
Chapter 13: The Final Task
The Return of the Dark Lord
Aftermath: (Fin)
NEW-Part 7

Chapter 6: The First Task

169 1 0
By littlejadelady

"Dragons!?" Harry says eyes wide. "what do you mean dragons!?"

"I saw them Harry in the forest there was dragons in cages." Jade replies. "this tournament is shaping up to be very dangerous Harry. If dragons are the first task I hate to see what the second and third task will be."

Harry leans back in the leather seats to think about all this news for a moment. "alright... so dragons is a thing..." Harry grumbles and glances around the room. "I should probably tell Cedrick. Since we're both Hogwarts champions and Krum already knows I think it'd be only fair." He looks at Jade. "you're the white wolf... I never would have guessed."

"yes I know it's very confusing Harry I'm still trying to deal with it myself." Jade replies.

"it's really neat." Harry chuckles. "actually I was thinking I might become like that myself but the O.W.Ls aren't till next year."

"that's true." Draco frowns. "but even though it is very far I should probably start studying all I can for it."

"we can study for the O.W.Ls after we find out how to best a dragon Malfoy." Jade replies. "Don't worry Harry will do what we can to give you a leg up."

"we'll be behind you every step Potter." Draco smirks.

"thanks guys that means a lot but..." Harry puzzles for a moment. "I think I would like to do this myself. You both have your own studies to worry about and I have mine on top of the Tournament I'll be fine."

"well we'll still be here if you decide you need us Harry." Draco replies. He then turns to Jade and after a moment of thought he sighs. "alright Jade... I'm only going to say this once..."

"hm?" Jade questions looking at Draco.

"Krum is awesome... he's very popular and he's famous I'm sure girls are just dying to be on his friend list... and it's really unfair of me to say you can't talk to him so..." he pauses for a moment. "I don't care if you talk to Krum... just be very careful ok."

Jade smiles. "It's only until the Tournament is over." She replies. "Once the other schools leave things will be normal again."

"that's true." Draco nods. "I am sorry I got nosey I guess I really am just a little bit jealous."

"of course you are." Jade replies with a small chuckle then she stands up and makes her way towards the dorm rooms. "I'm going to head in for the night. See you boys in the morning."

"night." Harry and Draco both call after her but they stay on the sofa.

"you've changed quite a bit since that first year Malfoy." Harry smirks. "the past Malfoy would never apologize for anything or admit to jealousy."

"well..." Draco turns a bit red embarrassed that Harry had noticed his shift in personality. "it's mostly thanks to you and Jade that I have been able to change my attitude towards people." Draco replies. "Potter..." he glances at Harry. "I very much like Jade but I haven't the nerve to tell her."

"you told your dad." Harry replies. "it's the same thing right?"

"no it isn't..." Draco frowns. "I told my dad I like her and that it was a mutual feeling to her as well, but we both know I only said that so my dad wouldn't try to force her to join the death eaters. Telling somebody you like them and meaning it at just the right moment is very different then saying how you feel to get out of bad situations."

"well you've got a life time to figure it out." Harry chuckles. "don't rush yourself." He glances at the steps and sighs. "you can go to bed if you want but I'm going to go ask Hagrid for some information about dragons... after all he's the beast master if anyone knows about dragon's it'd be Hagrid."

"alright Potter." Draco nods. "I will take your advice. And I will also be going to bed." He stands up. "good luck with Hagrid." He walks up the steps to the dorm rooms

-a few days later-

Jade and Krum continue to hang out around Hogwarts. This draws the attention of Karkaroff who wonders why this girl in particular drew Krum's attention. He decides to confront the two while they are talking in the hallway. "excuse me." Karkaroff clears his throat as he steps over to the two of them.

Jade looks up and her eyes go wide. "your head master is here..." she says in a low voice.

Viktor turns to Karkaroff a bit surprised. "sir? Did you need me?"

"yes I wonder if you have been properly taking time to prepare for the first task." Igor grumbles glancing at Jade. "you seem to have an offal lot of time to speak with this young lady."

"oh that reminds me." Viktor holds his hand out towards Jade. "I forgot to introduce you. This is Jade she's a third year."

"Igor Karkaroff." Igor smiles a tiny bit then faces Krum again. "have you adequately prepared?"

"yes sir." Viktor bows. "I have been pouring over books about dragons and articles of news and script about the previous Tournaments. I assure you I am well prepared."

"very well then." Karkaroff nods to Viktor and turns his attention to Jade. "I didn't happen to catch a last name to go along with your first."

"you didn't because he never asked me my last name." Jade replies. "Legally it's Lestrange though while I was at the orphanage they had called me Firegem."

"Lestrange!?" Igor repeats shocked. "a direct descendant?"

"my father was Rabastan Lestrange." Jade says.

Igor looks around very shocked now. "Y-you don't say? I wasn't aware he had a child?"

"me either..." Jade sighs. "I only just found out last year. Apparently he died in Azkaban so I guess I won't ever get to know him."

"say again?" Igor raises an eyebrow.

Jade glances at Viktor and then back at Igor. "I suppose it won't hurt to tell either of you... my dad and mother were both death eaters... I'm not sure at what point I was born or at what point I was given away but I do know they both died in Azkaban."

Viktor frowns. "then what you said before about having nobody... was true?" he puts his hand on his chin. "I can't imagine not having any family and then later finding out my true family were bad people."

"the worst kind of people." Igor huffs. "let us hope you do not follow in their shoes." He turns and takes his leave. 'Rabastan Lestrange...' Igor looks over his shoulder. 'that's one of the death eaters I put away. I didn't know they had a brat. A tremendous oversight on my part... this will need to be rectified.'

-The day of the first task-

Harry and the other champions learn they aren't supposed to kill the dragons but they are supposed to use quick thinking and such in order to take a golden egg from the dragon. It is the most important thing that they obtain the egg because he holds a clue to the second task and without it they will most likely fail.

Cedric goes first and manages to pass the task obtaining the egg by using transfiguration to turn a rock into a dog, however the distraction only half worked and Cedric ended up with a burn on his face. Fleur goes second and hexes her dragon to sleep, however while she was grabbing the egg the dragon breathed fire in its sleep catching her skirt on fire and causing a mini freak out. Viktor used a binding spell on his dragon and took the egg while it was stumbling around, however he was docked points as the poor dragon smashed half of its real eggs while struggling to get free of the spell. Finally, was Harry who had been in the tent waiting for the others to go before him.

Moody entered the tent to offer Harry some advice and then when Harry was called to go out Moody left. Using Moody's advice harry summons forth his broomstick and uses it to maneuver around the dragon. Harry manages to get the egg with only a scratch on the shoulder earning him a tie for first place with Viktor Krum.

"you did it Harry!" Draco says happily bursting into the tent where the champions had been unwinding after the first task. "gotta say I wasn't expecting you to fly! That was pretty clever."

"Thanks Malfoy." Harry smirks a bit. "I managed to get the egg without getting murdered by a dragon."

"very well done." Jade smiles. "you too Krum. You both did excellent."

Cedric smirks a bit. "oh I see you don't congratulate me because I don't sit at your table?"

"oh no its just..." Jade starts.

"nah it's fine." Cedric chuckles. "I was only teasing a bit." He's interrupted by a Ravenclaw who pulls him off to the side so they can talk. "oh hey cho." He mumbles as he's dragged outside the tent for some privacy.

"well champions that was impressive." Ludo chuckles entering the tent with crouch senior. "I've come to inform you all... wait... where is Cedric?" he questions.

"hold on one second." Cedric says from outside the tent, then he forces his way back inside and smiles. "I apologize."

Harry notices a small lipstick stain on Cedric's collar and motions towards it.

When Cedric notices this he quickly hides it.

"anyway..." Ludo carries on. "the second task will not be until February the 24th." He says. "you have until then to decipher your clues." He takes a small pause. "and then there is the matter of this upcoming Christmas." He smiles a bit. "The Yule Ball is a tradition and is held on Christmas night in the main hall. I expect each champion to come with a date and dress properly for the occasion."

"a dance?" Cho Chang looks at Cedric and smiles. "that sounds delightful."

"it does, doesn't it." Cedric smiles back. "I guess I'm lucky then I already know who I'm taking." He puts one arm around Cho and then turns his attention back to Ludo. "my girlfriend Cho Chang."

Draco is a bit stunned by the whole concept of dancing with a girl. He glances at Jade and frowns. 'I should ask her.'

"I'll leave it up to you guys. You must open the ball with the champions waltz." Ludo bows and he and crouch leave the tent.

Harry frowns. "oh no Malfoy... this is worse than fighting a dragon!" he looks at Draco. "how will I ever decide who to take!?"

As if on cue Sed Hoffmire from the Ravenclaw house peers into the tent. "I know you've been really busy this year Harry but I hope you'll still accept my congratulations."

Harry looks at Sed and smiles a bit. "your timing couldn't be more perfect." He hurries over to Sed. "I've just found out that come Christmas there will be a dance in the great hall. As a champion I must attend and take the first dance I need a partner. Are you free?" he questions.

Sed is a bit surprised. "wow you move really fast." She thinks for a moment. "actually on Christmas... yeah I'm free."

"that's great." Harry nods. "then would you mind going with me... I understand if you only want to sit and chat with friends but I have to do the first dance."

"sure Harry." Sed smiles. "I think I would really like that."

Draco frowns. 'sure Harry can just walk right up to somebody and ask them... it's not like anyone in their right mind would say no to Harry.' He glances at Jade again who is now talking to Krum and Melvin again. 'why can't I just tell her how I feel? Why is this so complicated!?'

Viktor turns to Jade and smiles a bit. "well none of the girls from my school are as interesting as you are. it'd really be something you know if you joined me for the dance."

'that's why.' Draco backs up a few steps till he is outside the tent. 'that's why it's complicated... I'm still jealous... and he... he just.' Draco grumbles frustrated as he walks away. "at this rate I'm going to lose. Maybe I already have. I can't believe he asked her first!?"

Jade is a bit taken aback by the forwardness. "actually... I'm sorry Viktor but I had somebody else in mind..." she turns to look for Draco but can't find him. "weird... I swear he was just here..."

"I see." Krum nods. "well in that case take your time and think about it." he smiles a little. "I will wait."

"there is really no need." Jade replies. "I'm sure he'll want to go with me, but thank you for the offer."

"very your welcome indeed." Viktor replies.

As Draco is walking away he bumps into some students by accident. "pardon me." he growls looking up. When he looks up he sees the students he has bumped into are Faith Spiritwalker and Pansy Parkinson. 

"Malfoy." Faith smirks a bit. "funny bumping into you here." she glances a ways back at the champions tent. 'even though i was standing her because i knew he would be wherever Harry is.' she turns her attention back to Draco. "I heard there will be some kind of dance. you taking anyone?" 'i know the answer already because i was spying on them in the tent.'

"not yet." Draco mumbles and looks back at the ground. "i'm kind of busy Faith if you don't mind."

Faith smirks watching Draco walk towards the castle. "well you can always ask me if it doesn't work out with your girlfriend." she calls after him.

Draco turns around a bit confused to ask what she means but when he does she walks the other way. 'weird... did she just... ask me out?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 1.1K 103
The Triwizard Tournament resufaces and will be held at Hogwarts, school of witchcraft and wizardry. Schools travel from far away to participate in th...
1.1K 38 17
The fourth year Y/N is returning for her fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, along with her friends, Ron, Harry, and Hermione...
6.1K 315 22
Larry and Drarry Year 4 at Hogwarts(alternative reality: Harry Potter is chosen to participate in the Triwizard Tournament....his best friends Ron an...
480 17 19
Haley Potter returns to Hogwarts for her fourth year, where the Triwizard Tournament is soon due to begin. Students must be over seventeen to enter...