Chapter 4: Krumbal

The next morning Jade meets with Viktor Krum outside the school and she answers questions for him.

"and you're a pure blood yes?" Viktor questions. "why not go to school in Drumstrang?"

"oh I..." Jade frowns. "I only just found out I am a pure blood. I used to be a no-blood."

"oh I see." Viktor nods. "then you couldn't have been excepted without a blood test. Only pure bloods are allowed in Drumstrang."

"that seems a little boring though don't you think?" Jade frowns.

Krum nods. "incredibly." He shrugs. "but its school policy. What kind of magic do you learn here?"

"all sorts of magic." Jade replies and then goes on to list some spells that she knows. "and last year I know that some seniors were practicing the animagus charm. Apparently it's harder than it looks to turn yourself into an animal."

"practicing?" Krum questions. "that doesn't seem like something you practice in front of other people?"

"right." Jade shrugs. "it's not a big deal though I mean sure the spell hit me but i..." she trails off.

"their spell hit you?" Krum says interested now. "then can you transform into an animal?"

Jade looks over her shoulder and then turns back to Krum. "can you keep a secret?" she asks.

"yes of course. Anything for a pretty lady." Krum smile a little bit. "tell me."

"yes I can..." Jade nods. "it isn't an easy task though I still haven't managed to master the complete transformation." She concentrates for a moment and pure white ears and a tail appear but that is where her transformation stops. "McGonagall has been trying to help me she said I did transform completely but I lose my memory when I do, so I can't recall how I manage to do it."

"cute." Krum smirks rubbing the ear to see if it is real. "it feels real enough."

Jade shakes her head and the ears disappear. "yeah I just wish I knew how to hold the transformation."

"well it isn't your fault you can't." Krum nods. "after all that's an advanced spell which very few people can use let alone master." He puts his hand on his chin. "does the ministry know about this?"

"McGonagall said she told the department head about my accident." Jade nods. "they registered me as an albino canine a pure white wolf."

"that sounds pretty bad ass." Viktor smirks. "why keep it a secret though?"

"I don't want Harry and Draco to find out." Jade frowns hugging her arms together. "if they knew my near fatal injury was caused by me protecting them then..." she frowns. "I don't want them to feel bad."

"injury?" Krum questions.

"I must have managed to transform myself that night..." Jade recalls. "I had gone to the forest to practice when I heard a wolf howl... the professor of the dark arts class last year was a were-wolf and he had forgotten to take the potion to stop him from transforming... he attacked Draco and Harry." She sighs. "I just... can't recall what I did after I saw it..."

"because you lose your memory." Krum nods still puzzling. "look no offence to Hogwarts or its staff but Igor Karkaroff, my head master, is a very skilled wizard he might know a spell that could help you."

"you really think so?" Jade questions.

"I'm certain." Krum smirks and looks up at the castle. "at our school the dark arts is practiced as part of the curriculum. If anyone knows a spell that could help you it is somebody in our school."