Angels And Demons | ✓

By WackyMinx

#38 in Fantasy "Go." he commanded. "I can't bear the sight of you." The wind blew my hair out behind me. "I h... More

I
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX

II

3.7K 194 59
By WackyMinx

I cried on the hill of ashes for a long time. My chest ached as my broken heart yearned for the Vlad it would never again feel. My tears pooled around me. If I had wanted to, I think that my tears could have flooded this realm.

There were three realms: the realm of the humans, the real of the angels and the realm of the demons. Humans commonly referred to my realm (the realm of the angels) as heaven. They referred to the demon realm as hell.

I stood up and went over all my memories of Vlad. Despite the fact that they now caused me pain, I still didn't want to forget any moment I had spent with him.

We had both been born in the realm of Angels. We had met during our training to become guardian angels. A guardian angel was an angel that was a warrior and fought against demons. I could still remember the day that we had met.

Flashback

"Hey." I looked up from my stretching at the sound of a rich and attractive voice. I met the dark eyes of an angel. He smiled, flashing his straight white teeth. I smiled back and absently blew a strand of hair out of my face.

I straightened up and said "Hi." He smiled. His smile was worth millions.

"I'm Vlad." He said confidently as he reached out and took my hand. "Pleased to meet you." he added warmly.

I smiled back. "I'm Mia." I tried to say confidently. Then I frowned. "Why is your name Vlad?" I asked, "Isn't it named after the dracul-" silly me. I forced myself to stop as it was an inappropriate question. It brought a deep blush to my cheeks.

He chuckled and touched a finger to my cheek, rubbing it around my skin. Then he sighed and dropped his hand. I had to look up at him – he was a head taller – to see his reaction. The smile was gone but his eyes were still friendly. "I have been touched by the devil. It happened as I was born and so I was named Vlad."

He saw my look of shock and smiled down at me and took my hand in his. "Don't worry." he assured me. "I'm not bad. Satin hasn't been able to lead me down the path to hell yet."

I looked up at him and confidently grasped his hand in mine. "I hope that is something that never happens." I whispered. He laughed at my reply and glanced over at our instructor.

"Would you like to be my partner?" He asked, sweetly.

I shrugged, feigning indifference. "Of course. Why not? You're on."

He smiled as he led me to the centre of the floor. I noticed the way the muscles around his chest moved as he walked beside me. I shivered with lust. I had to control the urge to touch his abs. I wondered how many did He had. I mentally slapped myself for thinking so naughty. He turned to me and motioned for me to make the first move. "Ladies first, partner?"

This guy was something.

Flashback Ends→

Vlad and I had instantly bonded. I had learnt from others that even though he was an experienced fighter and was attractive, he didn't have many friends. He tended to shy away from company and stay on his own. At first I had wondered why he had approached me. Later I had learnt – after asking him before going to bed one night – that it was because since the first time he saw me during that training session, I had a compelling attraction on him. His comment had made me so happy. I was on cloud nine.

We had many things in common. We were both aspiring to become elite angels (the top fighters of the guardians) and we were both good fighters. I could never forget the way he looked; Dark messed up hair, pale skin, prominent jaw bones, a well muscled chest. He'd got that brown skin adonis look going on, dark almond eyes that made me weak at the knees. His appearance was imprinted on my mind.

He always said that I was his guardian angel. The thing he loved most about me was my blue eyes. They started indigo around the edges but became azure around the iris. They were framed with thick and naturally long lashes. He also loved my thick chestnut brown hair which was always cascading in waves across my shoulders. Then, my hair had been to the middle of my back. Now it was down to my waist. Even though my skin was as pale as his, it still didn't seem to have the faint and subtle luminosity that his did.

I sighed as I stood up and stretched out my white wings. The wind blew my loose dress against my petite body as I lifted up into the air. I had met Vlad on the hill of ashes because it was underneath a portal between our realms. It was in the human realm, though the humans didn't call this blackened hill the hill of ashes.

The tears had stopped but it still caused me pain to remember the last day I had seen him as my Vlad.

Flashback

"Vlad, please don't go." I pleaded him for the hundredth time.

He stopped outside the portal and drew me to him. He had been on many missions, but none was ever dangerous as this one. He had never been sent to the realm of the demons on a mission. It was even more dangerous for him because he had been touched by the devil.

He took my face in his hands and promised, "I will be back." as he leant down and lightly touched his lips to mine.

I pulled back and said "How can you know that? You can't be sure that you'll come back."

He looked into my eyes and said seriously, "I know that I will come back because I love you and neither heaven nor hell will ever keep me away from you." It brought tears to my eyes, seeing him leaving. I was scared to think, that he might not come back.

I wiped my tears away and  prepared myself to say good bye to him. "I'll hold you to that promise. You better return or else." I threatened him, making a pout face.

He smiled and hugged me tightly to him. "You will become an Elite whilst I'm away and when I come back – which I will – I will become one too. Think of that." He encouraged.

I tried to give him a smile, and nodded at him. "I'll miss you, Vlad."

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "I will miss you too, more than anything."

I buried my face in his chest. "By the way, I love you." I confessed.

He lifted me up and pulled my face to his and kissed me passionately. It was our goodbye kiss. When he pulled back he said, "I love you too. More than my own life."

I held the tears back whilst he stepped back from me and took a step towards the portal. "Goodbye." He said.

I smiled but I felt like doing anything but. "Goodbye." I whispered as I watched him disappear.

Flashback Ends→

That was the last time I had seen him as my Vlad. I had gone on to become an Elite, just like he had said and I had waited every day for his return. When he at last returned, he was different.

←Flashback→

The portal shimmered as Vlad was about to come through. I smiled and my heart felt like it would burst. It had been a very long month.

His body finally began to appear starting from below and at last he stepped through and I took a step towards him and cried, "Vlad!" As I prepared to jump at him. I froze when I took a proper look at him. "You aren't Vlad!" I gasped.

He opened his arms for me and beckoned me towards him. I couldn't move. He was different. This Vlad had black wings instead of white ones and even though his chest was still bare he was dressed in black. "Vlad, what happened!?" I asked him, pointing towards his wings. I desperately wanted him to tell me that it was all a mix up and that he was still his usual self. He didn't.

"The devil found me." he said flatly as he lowered his arms.

A sense of shock splashed through my face. "You're a Demon." I realized as my legs started to shake. I collapsed but he caught me before I could hit the ground. My world was shattering, falling to pieces around me. Vlad, who was my life, was now my enemy.

"I came back for you. I'm taking you with me back to the demon realm. I won't stay there with out you."

I shook my head, still coming to terms with what was happening. "I... Wha- No! You're an angel, not a demon. Please be my angel!" I begged.

He slowly shook his head and glared at the ground. "I was never meant to be an angel, Mia." He growled. He tried to lift me up but I put down a fight. "You are coming back with me to this realm."

I shook my head and yanked my arm away from him. "No, I'm an angel. They will kill me."

He reached for me again but I skipped back. "They wouldn't kill you, they would make you into a demon like me." he said harshly.

I gasped. "How can you say that?" I asked, outraged. "I'm an Elite – like you should be. I can't be a demon, they're evil!" I cried. I couldn't believe this.

He growled and reached for me again. "I am an Elite. I'm a demon Elite." He insisted. I tried my best to be away from him. I didn't wanted him to take me to the Devil's realm. There was no way I would go there.

I froze. "What are you talking about?" I asked him confusingly.

"I am Vlad, the demon of Hatred." he stated. Only elites had titles. It was really hard for me to believe what he just said.

I screamed and pulled back from him. "I'm Mia, the Guardian Angel of Truth. I won't come with you." I couldn't decipher what was going on.

He looked at me stunned. "Y-you won't come with me?" He asked slowly.

I nodded at him in affirmation. "I won't be a demon. I will never become one of them. Please, Vlad, you have to stay!" I said softly.

He glared at me. "I won't stay here; I will go back to my realm where I belong, with or without you."

I gulped. "No way, stay here with me! What is wrong with you?" I begged him.

He angrily shook his head. "The only way you can stay with me is if you come back with me to hell!" he shouted.

I flinched back from him. "I can't do that. Y-you can't ask me to do that." I whispered brokenly. What did those demons turned him into?

He reached for me one last time but I pulled back. "Please...don't do this." I whimpered one last time as I looked up into his dark eyes.

His expression became blank as he stepped away from me. "I'm sorry. I am what I am and I am a demon." he said.

I reached out to him as he continued to increase the distance between us. "No! Vlad, don't leave me. I love you!" I cried. I latched onto his arm tightly, not letting him go. I tried dragging him away from the portal. I had to stop him.

"Please, you can't leave!" I cried but soon his other hand took hold of my hand and pried it off his arm.

He just slowly shook his head as he stepped through the portal. Once he was through the portal, it exploded and made a deafening sound.

"No!" I broke down with heavy tears.

Other angels came to the source of the explosion and crowded around me, asking what was wrong. I couldn't move, I couldn't think. I just kept looking at the place where the portal had been and cried hard, "Vlad, Vlad, my Vlad..."

Flashback Ends→

I sank down to my knees. I was now in the realm of the angels, where I belonged but where Vlad did not. I buried my wet face into my knees and closed my eyes tightly. How had it all gone so wrong in so little time? I was still waiting for my Vlad to return. I was still holding him to his promise.

←→

Next update: 31/05/2017

V O T E

C O M M E N T

S H A R E

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 26.2K 60
[BOOK 1] Not Edited - For the edited version see my bio Aquilam and Ignis, two clans fighting each other for more than a thousand years now. A pl...
33.5K 1.4K 49
He came into my world like a hurricane, unpredictable, dangerous and out of control, destroying everything I had built in his wake. There would be no...
223K 18.2K 45
As usual, I'm up to my eyeballs in trouble. With the fate of mankind hanging in the balance, I'm on a new mission to stop the Dark Ones from unleashi...
2.9K 133 34
Prologue Ayla I had him...and then I lost him. I lost everything. My wings were ready to fly, but the Devil clipped them, feather by feather, until I...