FATE'S SECOND CHANCES

By jhbengzon

East Kelly had always an easy life. He was rich, handsome and had the world at his feet. Despite his party go... More

Summary of the Novel:
Note to Wattpad Readers and Friends:
Preface - East
Preface - Nicole
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Note to My Wattpad readers and friends:
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Note to my Readers and Friends:
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 - The Happily Ever After
Epilogue : Five Years Later
A Farewell Note to My friends and Readers:

Chapter 19

16 2 0
By jhbengzon

East had been busy the entire week with the Board's approval at hand. There was licenses to be secure and permits needed for the construction. East was on field most of the time making sure his team was on top of it. They were starting full gear construction next week wherein he would be on the site most of the time. He saw little of Nicole just glimpses of her when he passed by the office. He missed her terribly but was looking forward to the Bowling Tournament tonight. A chance to be together with her once again. Those were the things that kept him going no matter how tired he was.

East felt refreshed as he came out of the shower. Gearing all his energies for tonight. It was going to be a healthy competition giving the Whitman's a chance to sweat. Together with Nicole and the rest of the Hearts Team they would be unbeatable. They would have a one hour pep talk meeting before the actual game and they would be all set.

East dressed casually in a faded blue cotton long sleeves shirt rolled up in the elbows framing his lean built against snugged jeans. He was uptight in a hurry to see Nicole. Ben was also riding with him. Knowing his easy going manner that would surely ease his nervousness.

In the car East was teased mercilessly by Ben non stop. His friend knew how excited he was at seeing Nicole. Both of them even getting fired up to murder Kevin Whitman. Would he love to see that defeat on his face with Nicole by his side.

The Bowling Tournament was going to be held in Tony's Grand Bowling Alley just a ten minute ride away from their office building. The place takes pride in it's ultra modern bowling equipment. It also had a wonderful snack area for a variety of food and drinks. East and Ben arrived feeling the adrenaline in the bowling alley seeing most of their team members present.

East's eyes roamed around the place. His gaze finally spotting Nicole who was throwing out a perfect strike. She was a beautiful sight in a butter yellow playsuit exposing her tanned shapely legs. She was in a high ponytail her cheeks rosy with a slight tinge of lip-gloss. East just loved looking at her. She felt his eyes on her as she looked up their gazes interlocked. East came near her smiling boyishly at her.

Ready to knock them dead Nicky? he asked loving the steady flow of Nicole's hand at bowling.

You bet! Can't hardly wait. I've never felt this competitive in a long time. she admitted laughing like a little girl touching East just by looking at her.

Me either East admitted. With you by my side Nicky we're going to murder them alright! He was looking at Nicole fondly reminiscent of the wonderful times they had as a couple.

Kevin's going to kill me. He's used to coming out on top. He hates to lose in anything. she admitted.

East just grinned confidently. Well there's always a first! And we're going to make sure about that. he squeezed her hand as she responded back.

Fight! Fight! Fight! they both chanted together like little kids laughing together.

East, Nicole and the other respective teams assembled pooling their strategies together. Team Spirit. They designated East as the Captain of the Hearts Team and Nicole the Co-captain. They made a consensus of the real good and average ones on their team. They had 2 other allies who were excellent bowlers and the rest were average. Overall it was a good group. East was a natural giving no pressure to their team but just having fun and do your best. Everyone just cheered.

Nicole could only check out East in his cotton shirt it's buttons slightly open exposing his buff chest. Even the faded jeans tapered the whole length of his tall frame. He was incredibly sexy to Nicole making her heart race. Karen Whitaker the official flirt in their team was ogling at him.

Honestly that East is hot Nicole. If all architects look that way I should have shifted careers in the first place. No one even catches my eye in the Accounting Department. They're all so stuffy but that East! she exclaimed.

Nicole just laughed. But if she could only talk openly. East was off limits to anyone. He was still her East and she felt it should remain that way.

Look at him in that shirt I just like to tear his clothes off. Even his face with that stubbles and all. That come on mustache. Makes me all heated up. Does he have a girlfriend? she asked.

Maybe. I don't really know. And why ask me. she looked at her bewildered.

Oh I don't know you seem awfully close to him and the way he looks at you as if he has been granted the moon and the stars.

Nicole blushed at her comment shaking her head not realizing East looked at her that way. It made her thrilled all over. East and I are friends. We work together. That's all. Better not arouse curiosity. she thought.

If I know better. I won't be able to resist a hot gorgeous guy like that. He is even so nice. I think he's way cuter than Kevin. Kevin is rich and all but lacks the charm East has. If I say so myself. she gushed.

Nicole didn't comment but she knew Karen was right. There was a lot magnetism in East that Kevin lacked.

East wanted some time alone with Nicole before the game but she was talking to someone and he didn't want to interrupt. His gaze fell on Kevin's team instead as he caught Kevin leaning on a post laughing with Sharon the Account Officer of the Sales Department. They were almost body to body his hand slightly grazing Sharon's shoulder then they pulled apart. They were even in the same team. East's jaw hardened sensing something far much greater than the usually officemate chatter. Call it a gut feeling but East felt something was going on between both of them. Was Kevin really playing with Nicole behind her back? He wanted more conclusive evidence to save Nicole from an impending disaster. East had to be sure. He just would wait for the right timing to finally catch them in the act. He would not allow anyone to hurt Nicole ever.

The tournament was about to start as they all geared up feeling the excitement course through them. They were 3 Teams. Each group had one round to play. One group who finished last would get eliminated and the 2 remaining teams will vie for the price of $1000 dollars and the trophy. Each member of the team would also get free spa gift certificates. Everyone wanted to win.

The elimination games began. East's team performing excellently even the average bowlers where at their best. The flower team got eliminated. Leaving Kevin's team pitted against East. The Board was cleared down to zero once again.

Let's cream them East. Murder! she giggled. To hell if Kevin gets mad at me. This is war! And I'm itching to be a winner. she said her eyes glowing making her even more beautiful to East.

Then your wish is my command my lady East said gallantly giving her an adorable grin.

East 's team bowled all their best. The average bowlers giving everything they've got. They might have not given a strike but the points were marvelous. The excellent ones turned out brilliantly not all of them were strikes but the points sky high. Nicole was striking like crazy. But East was superb bowling his heart out earning strike after strike. Everyone in their team was going crazy clapping with every strike he made.

Kevin's team was starting to feel the heat. Although as captain he bowled straight and true. His points were good but strikes were minimal. His team mates however were feeling the pressure. Instead of doing well they started to foul up losing points some balls even ending up in the gutter. Kevin was scowling almost cursing seeing East's team cream them. The score a 70 to 30.

East's team was declared the winner. East could not help himself as he spontaneously hugged Nicole taking her into his arms. They looked at each other at the roaring of the crowd everyone shouting and yelling in triumph.

We won Nicky. We did it together and the rest of the team. he said softly still holding her. He could feel Nicole responding back. It felt so good. East didn't want to let her go.

Nicole could only at East seeing the love in his eyes for her. As if they were brought back to their college days all the good memories flooding back of their bowling triumphs as a couple. She could only whisper.

We've always been the unbeatable pair haven't we East. As their eyes locked each was thinking the same thing that moment

They parted suddenly feeling a bit shy suddenly at their surge of emotion. East could only notice the deathly glare Kevin gave him as he hugged Nicole. He could also observe the bad mood he was in. Evident in his face. He hated losing. Let him he was not scared of him. On the other hand call it a gut feeling. Kevin was the player in this whole set up. East just needed a far more concrete evidence.

East's team was on high spirits congratulating each other at the same time thumping East on the back. Others hugging Nicole. They were all smiles as the team claimed their prize with the trophy. Pictures were taken. Ben was also enthusiastic at their great turn out. East could see Nicole come over to Kevin consoling him but he didn't look at all that happy.

East was about to head for the snack bar for a drink when he found himself in the lobby alone with none other than Kevin Whitman. Of all the people East muttered. Kevin nodded at him and faked a smile for his benefit.

Great game. Congratulations. Kevin Whitman said it in words but his eyes did not mean it.

Thanks. East replied flatly. He didn't feel like talking to Kevin. It was in his face that look of disgust. That indeed he was a sore loser.

But Kevin blocked East's path before he could even make his escape.

Just so we're clear about this. Just remember East. Nicole is mine. So stay away. he warned through gritted teeth.

Let's let Nicole decide on that. East said his voice firm. His stance solid.

East looked him eye to eye and did not falter. They were facing on head on in the hallway wanting to sock each other.

And by the way. I need the final design for Phase 3. On my desk bright and early on Monday. he stressed.

Power trip. Kevin was getting his revenge on him alright. East thought. Better argue for whatever it may be worth.

Kevin this takes careful planning for Phase 3. You can't design things overnight and get good results. As promised it will be done in a week. East replied his voice hardening.

Just tell me East if you can't cut it. We're paying you to produce. We can gladly get another architect who can exactly meet our deadlines. he challenged him shoving in his face who was boss and he was just his lowly employee.

East was not going to give him the benefit of gloating that he cannot produce or that he was not apt for the hard work. If not his concern for Tuscany he would gladly hand in his resignation and shove it in his face.

Don't worry Kevin you'll have it bright and early on Monday. East's eyes meeting Kevin's head on.

Good then. We wouldn't have hired you in the first place if you can't produce. Have Ben work with you. Have a good weekend then. he grinned widely knowing how East would be slaving away the whole weekend without any sleep to produce what he wanted. Talk about power play. East was still his slave. No one crosses Kevin Whitman and gets away with it.

Nicole saw East and Kevin talking. From the looks on their faces things were not good. Nicole knew from Kevin's temperament awhile ago that he was a sore loser. East's triumph battering at his ego.

East could only look for Nicole his head starting to throb. Kevin was getting his revenge alright. It was a miracle he would even get any sleep at all the entire weekend. Kevin wanting him to do the impossible. But East would move heaven and earth to shove it in his face.

Nicole could only at East's pale face as she came towards him with concern in her eyes. There was distinct anger in his blue grey eyes.

Is everything okay East? I saw Kevin talking to you.

How could East tell Nicole what an asshole his boyfriend was. A sore loser who could not admit defeat. He was also a player who was just good in covering his tracks. He just needed far much greater evidence and expose everything to Nicole. Instead he kept this inner feelings temporarily to himself. Kevin's time will come.

I guess I'll head on back Nicky. Just feel a bit tired. Lack sleep. East feigned an excuse but Nicole knew better.

It was a good game East just like old times she mused. We creamed them well.

Yup we did. he said quietly. All East wanted to do was to take Nicole in his arms and kiss her with all his love. To hell with Kevin.

I love you Nicky. It had really been a great day with you. he could only say to her. His voice quiet.

There was sadness in Nicole's eyes feeling that something happened. East was just quiet just letting things go. The words of love he said touching her heart.

Take care East. she could only say as she squeezed his hand. He looked almost sad as he gave her a half wave saying goodbye to her. As Nicole watched him go she could follow him with her eyes wanting desperately to say I love you too East but couldn't. There was Kevin in her life. She could not bear to hurt him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

718 28 9
Words sounded muffled, like her ears were full of water, yet she spoke as if she knew what people were saying. She just wanted to seem as if she were...
2.9K 156 31
"I opened the card and went through it, yeah it was an invitation card to Patrick's wedding with Jennifer my roommate. Patrick my 5-years boyfriend i...
4.9K 177 38
"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respond." He says taking a step closer to me...
4.3K 93 29
COMPLETEDâś… Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...