I Can't Fall Inlove with You

By dino31grant

What happens when one has feelings for the other but he knows he can't love her for she loves someone else. F... More

A New Friend
A Day I won't Forget
Author's Note
Fateful Encounter
A Promise to Keep
Starting Over
Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids
Am I Jealous?
Admitting The Truth
What Happens Now?
Stolen From Me
I Can't Love You Anymore
Give Me A Reason
Somewhere Only We Know
High School
Lyca's Graduation
Fixing Everything
Right Here Waiting for You
Locker Notes Part 1
Locker Notes Part 2
Locker Notes Part 3
To be Lucky
Leaving on a Jet Plane
Perfect
You and Me
Three Simple Words
Photograph
An Unwanted Guest
A Secret to Tell
I'll Always Remember You
As Time Passes By
Books and Hot Chocolate
Meeting by Chance
Tears in the Rain

Meeting Again

498 26 8
By dino31grant

Meeting Again

Justin's POV

I know it's already been 8 years since I saw her but the memory is still fresh in my mind I still feel gentle touch, her warm brown eyes and her sweet smile always stay in the back of my mind.

FLASHBACK

I never saw her again after that day at the Park....

Sometimes in my spare time I would wait for her there for hours and hours but she never came. 

I never got the chance of asking her full name, all I got was Lyca.

On the first day of school I asked everyone if they knew her.

They did.

But they told me she moved away.

.

.

.

.

.

I was too late..... 

She was gone....

I wasn't much focused in class after that, all I could think about was her.

I didn't know why that girl had such an affect on me.

I tried to shake it off knowing I would eventually forget about her.

.

.

.

But i didn't she stayed in the back of my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I arrived home I lied on my bed facing the ceiling letting out a big sigh.

Just forget about her, just let her go. I told myself.

.

.

.

But I couldn't.....

She wasn't the kind of person you would forget easily.

I placed my hand on the cheek where she kissed me.

I smiled, there was no way I would forget her.

There was just no way.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 Years Later

I can't believe I'm finally qualified to enter the voice kids. I won't waste this second chance.

I'll make my family proud and coach Bamboo proud.

Right now I was having rehearsals with Hans and Romalyn for the upcoming battle rounds and we were just waiting for coach bamboo and our secret mentor of the day.

I'm thinking it could be Gary V. or Donna Cruz or Jaya to be honest any filipino singer could be coming.

"Alright kids before we start rehearsals I have a special guest for you all, please welcome Jane Gairanod." Coach Bamboo announced revealing the season 1 champion.

Her name was Jane Gairanod, she won the shows first season and only being 9 years old at the time.

I'll admit I have a big crush on her ever since I saw her in season 1.

But I couldn't shake the fact she looked very familiar to me.

could she be......?

No she's gone, she's forgotten you by now. I told myself.

"Justin are you okay?" Coach Bamboo asked me.

"Yes po." I said shaking the thoughts out of my head I had to stay focused.

"Okay let's begin, our song will be I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz." Coach Bamboo said handing us out lyrics with Jane helping out.

I was seating on the stairs when Jane came up to me handing me a lyric sheet

She gave me the Lyric sheet with a sweet smile.

Wait.... that smile.... no... it can't be....was she Ly-?

I wasn't able to finish my what I was thinking when she asked me.

"Excuse me po. Are you okay." she asked me.

"Y-yes thank you I'm fine.."

"Are you sure? Because you haven't let go of the sheet yet." she said making me look at our hands which were intertwined with each other.

"Ayieeeeee new love team." Hans and Romalyn teased and I could also see Coach Bamboo smirking behind them.

We let go, I could tell my face was red judging by the heat I was feeling.

"Sorry." 

"No it's okay. What happened to you back there?"

"Oh... Uh.... nothing I.... just.... remembered someone." I answered honestly.

"Really who?"

"Someone special, very special to me."

"Who?"

"Um.... she was a friend.... a good friend of mine... I met her when we were kids."

"She must have been very special?" She asked.

"Yeah she was."

"What was her name?"

"Ly-" I wasn't able to finish it because...

"Jane can you help me with this I can't pronounce this part properly." Romalyn called.

"I'm sorry Justin can we continue this later?" She asked as she stood up.

"Yeah sure, I'll see you later?"

"See you later." She said going off to Romalyn to help her out.

Now I was left to think.

I couldn't concentrate with the song... All I could think about was Lyca.

All of the sudden the memories of her came flashing back .

Why?

Because of Jane.....

Everytime I look at hr I remember Lyca.

It was so weird.

Everytime I saw her smile at Romalyn when she got the note right I saw Lyca, I saw her sweet smile again.

No..... no.... this couldn't be her.... stop.... she's gone.... she's never coming back to you.... forget her now.... before you get hurt again.....

.

.

.

.

.

Who am I kidding I could never forget her, the harder try the more I remember her.

I knew I wasn't focused enough to practice so all I could do was rest my head on my knees.

.

.

.

.

.

"Justin are you okay?" Jane came over putting a hand over my shoulder.

"Yeah I'm fine. I promise."

"Do you want to practice together?" She said holding up a guitar.

"Sure." 

"Do you know the lyrics?" She asked me while handing me the guitar.

"Can we sing something else instead?" I really didn't concentrate enough to memorize the song.

"Sure what did you have in mind?"

"Well there is this one song." I said beginning the strumming pattern for the song.

I walked across an empty land. I started

I know the pathway like the back of my hand. She singed along.

  I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete

Oh simple thing where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin....

  And if you have a minute why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go
Somewhere only we know?

.

.

.

.

Somewhere only we know?  Then a memory flash came. it was just like before....

With the lack of concentration i accidently hit the wrong note.

"Oh.... what happened?" Jane asked.

"Sorry I'm not good without a pick." I said making an excuse.

" Do you want to borrow mine. Ayyy sorrry." She said dropping the pick to the ground.

I reached to get it but she had the same idea.

.

.

.

Our hands touched...

It was familiar....

"C-c-can I see you again."

"I think we'll be seeing each other for a long time." My mind went back to that moment because of this.

Jane looked shocked too. She looked at me with the same look I was giving her.

I need to know if this was really her.... but how?

.

.

.

.

The pick....

I removed my hand to see what color the pick was.

.

.

.

It was red... with a fiery design... it was the pick I gave to...

"Lyca?" I looked at her.

She looked at me with a puzzling look.

.

.

.

"J-justin?"

It was her......
.
.
.
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 378 15
In the solitude of unrequited love, I have danced alone, weaving dreams that were doomed from the start. Each step I took towards you was like naviga...
836 30 11
Currently being edited I have a crush on my best friend. That I can't deny, but I am too shy to confess. Also I don't want to ruin our friendship. Be...
219K 4.4K 37
Falling in love with your childhood friend is troublesome, especially when he treats you like his special someone but he falls in love with another g...
1.9K 120 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...