Bad Boy Isn't My Type... (Pub...

By Lilohorse

"The good girl always falls for the bad boy," he sneered and I smirked. "Well, you're in luck because I'm not... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
'The Badboy, The Sat Nav and Me' Preview.

Chapter 1

6M 76.1K 41.7K
By Lilohorse

Helloooo! Another story from me! :) I hope you enjoy it and please, drop me a comment and a vote!

Underwear – check!

New house key – check!

Clothes – check!

Money – check!

Dad's credit card – check!

Toiletries –check!

                Looking proudly at my organised bag was when my mum opened my bedroom door and gave me a sad smile. She wasn't looking forward to saying goodbye to me; I was going to miss her but couldn't wait to get up to university either.

                "Have you got everything, sweetheart?" she asked and I nodded, patting my suitcase and putting my list down on my bed.

                "Yep, I'm ready to go." I tried to keep the excitement out of my voice at least until I was in the car with Kenzi.

                "Good, have you got your underwear?" she asked. Typical mother. I smiled and nodded.

                "Yes, I have everything. Check this list," I replied whilst handing it to her. I watched as her eyes skimmed over my checklist and a small smile appeared on her face.

                "Good girl." She stepped forward, taking my face in her hands and forcing me to look at her as she spoke.

                "You promise to take care of yourself?" she asked and I nodded.

                "Yes. I'll eat every meal time, I won't drink, I won't take drugs, I won't blow my money and I promise to do my studies," I recited and she grinned, placing a kiss on my forehead.

                "I've brought you up well," she grinned again, ruffling my newly curled hair. I swatted her hand away.

                "Mum!" I groaned, trying to fix my hair in the mirror as she watched me, chuckling softly.

                "I'm going to miss you," she said in a hushed tone, looking at me with another sad smile. I couldn't take anymore of her depressing looks so I decided that it would probably be a good idea to get out and into Kenzi's car before my mum started to cry.

                "I'll miss you too." I walked over and gave her a hug, wrapping my arms around her fragile form. She'd always been the strong one in the family; I didn't think that she'd crack just because I was going to university.

                "I'd better go, Kenzi's outside," I murmured against the woollen fabric of her cardigan.

                "Okay, sweetie. Make sure that you call your dad when you get there and send me a text," she rambled. I smiled, grabbing my suitcase.

                "Calm down, I'll call," I replied, listening to the thump that my suitcase made on the floor.

                Saying goodbye to both my mum and my bedroom was harder than originally expected. Unfortunately, I couldn't take my bed or my mum with me so I turned off the light and stood in the passage.

                I hadn't lied about Kenzi being outside. When I glanced out of the window, I saw that her red bug was positioned on the other side of the road with Kenzi inside, texting.

                I carried my suitcase down the stairs and out of the front door. My mum grabbed me for one more hug and a kiss. After another promise to behave, I strolled across the road and into Kenzi's car.

                "At last! I thought she'd tie you up and never let you go!" Kenzi exclaimed when I has shoved my suitcase in the boot and slumped into the car.

                "I know, I think she was considering it at one point." I rolled my eyes, slipping my seatbelt on and looking at my best friend.

                "Did you tell her that we weren't living together?" she asked whilst starting the car. I scoffed and shook my head.

                "Hell no! She'd freak out!" Kenzi laughed and drove out onto the open road with a grin on her face. She turned the radio up and started to sing along at the top of her lungs. I laughed and sat back in my seat, closing my eyes.

                My mum was very... protective and when I told her that I was going to the university in Sheffield, I told her that I was going to be staying in a dorm with Kenzi. That wasn't exactly the case. Even with the money that my dad sent me every month, I couldn't afford the rent and neither could Kenzi, so we both decided to go our separate ways and live with other people. I hadn't met my roommate and neither had Kenzi, we'd just sent an email and they sent us back the address. We were going to be living in the same apartment block so I wasn't too bothered. All I knew about my roommate was that he was called Hunter and wasn't asking much for rent.

                "Have you heard from your roommate?" I asked when we had finally reached the motorway. Kenzi shrugged, looking out of her window at some good looking guys that were driving past us.

                "Nope," she replied, popping the 'p'.

                "Have you told your parents?" she shook her head, chuckling.

                "They'd have a bigger fit than your mum! Especially since Seb is a guy." She winked and I laughed.

                "You have a point." The night that Kenzi lost her virginity, her mum locked her in her room for a month for being careless. Kenzi being Kenzi, snuck out nearly every night to meet our crew.

                Kenzi and I were dancers, break dancers to be precise and every weekend we'd go out to the club and perform or have a dance off with her sister's crew. My mum knew about it but Kenzi's didn't.

                "Maybe we'll find a new crew up there," she said after a few moments of just listening to the radio. I gave her a one shoulder shrug, glancing out of the window at the passing cars.

                "We might do." We left the conversation at that and decided to shout out to the lines of 'I'm sexy and I know it' for the rest of the journey.               

                We weren't that far from home, only about an hour which would give my mum time to check up on me. Hopefully, she wouldn't and would just take my word for it, I hadn't done anything that would cause her to lose any trust in me, not that she knew of anyway, so I should be okay.

                "Right, I'll drop you off first and then I'll leave for mine," Kenzi replied in a chirpy tone when she pulled up into a car park. The university was only about half a mile away from the apartments so I wouldn't have very far to walk when Kenzi couldn't take me.  The apartments themselves didn't look too bad, not for the price anyway. I got out of the car and felt the cold air blow against my cheeks and through my hair as I walked to the boot to get my suitcase and Kenzi got out after me, meeting me around the back of the car.

                "I've just got to pop to the shop, I need some new toiletries," she replied and tapped my back.  "Make sure that you text me about your roommate!" she called over her shoulder as she got back in her car.

                "Will do!" I hollered, hauling my suitcase along the car park and towards the door.

                Pushing the door open with my back was easier said than done, after hauling my bag through and over to the dangerous looking lift, I took a breath. Strands of my hair were hanging in my face and I pushed it away, pressing the button for the fourth floor.

                After making a few unhealthy sounding clunks, the lift started moving upwards, along with my stomach. Up until then, I'd been quite happy with living with somebody that I didn't know but as soon as the lift arrived on the fourth floor, I felt my stomach churn with dread and nervousness.

                My apartment was on the end of the corridor, it looked quite daunting as I rolled my suitcase up to the door. Hunter had posted me a key so I could easily get in if he wasn't there.

                I decided against knocking and just gently pulled down on the handle, as suspected, it was locked. Putting the key in and twisting it caused me to pause when the door swung open. My original thoughts were that the place didn't look too bad, that soon changed when I walked inside.

                The passage was a dark blue and once I was in the front room, I soon realised that it was near enough the same. The floor was laminate and there was a couch as well as an armchair and a fairly large TV. I had no idea as to why the rent was so low but I was far from complaining.

                "Wow," I muttered, putting my suitcase in the middle of the room and sitting down on the sofa. To my surprise, it was clean, something that I hadn't been expecting from a guy.

                I'd been sitting there for about half an hour before I decided that I should give my dad a ring to get it over with. There was no way that my mum would ring to tell him which meant that the job fell on my shoulders. Since the divorce, they'd barely spoken.

                After the third ring, he picked up, sounded extremely stressed out.

                "Hello?"

                "Hi, Dad," I replied, sitting back on the sofa and feeling it relax beneath me.

                "Hi, sweet, how is everything?" he asked and I guessed that he'd moved somewhere else as the background noise quietened.

                "Everything is good; I was just ringing to tell you that I was at my dorm and am settling in fine." I twirled my hair between my fingers whilst listening to my dad basically repeat the speech that my mum had given me before I left.

                After dealing with that phone call and sending my mum and Kenzi a text, I heard the front door open. I waited a few seconds and then a guy emerged in the doorway, looking extremely shocked to see me. He sighed and held his hands up defensively.

                "Look, I don't remember your name, hell, I don't even remember getting with you so please, just leave," he replied, side stepping the door and gesturing for me to leave. I only raised an eyebrow and stood up.  His broad shoulders in his dark jacket were pretty much covering the doorway but I wasn't planning on leaving any time soon, I just crossed my arms over my own chest. I soon realised that it was a mistake when his eyes moved to my chest.

                "Um, I'm not some stalker ex-girlfriend or hook up or whatever, I'm your new roommate," I said as calmly as I could. He hadn't made a good first impression on me and the fact that his dark eyes were searching my body head to toe wasn't making it any better.

                "But you're a girl?" he choked out with a confused expression clouding his face. I smirked, looking down at myself and then back at him.

                "It would appear so." He frowned.

                "But you said in the email that your name is Andy?" I nodded.

                "Yeah, Andy, short for Andrea." He shook his head, running his hand down his face.

                "Look, Andy, I don't live with girls," he muttered, glaring.

                "Well, you're going to have to because I paid rent and I'm not leaving," I retorted and he smirked, taking a step closer to me. It took everything in me not take another step back; he wasn't going to scare me off. His eyes travelled down the length of my body and then back up to my eyes.

                "Especially not girls like you." 

A/N Please don't advertise your works on my story, it's really rude and the comments will be deleted as soon as I find them. Thank you!:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 2.8K 16
Kendall Lockwood spent her life in the shadows of other people. She was athletic but her brother, Austin, was the star quarterback. She was popular b...
860K 24.3K 30
"They always say that a bad boy is like a fire and he needs snow to tame him and calm him down. Some may call me the snow to his fire. But that's not...
65K 2.4K 23
"I'm sorry that I put you in this situation." "I'm not following." I really wasn't. "This. Us! What we did last night was reckless and so so perfec...
341 41 16
"Dad, there are a few things that a teenage girl is supposed to hide from her parents. It's a rule. Read the rule book." I told him seriously. "Okay...