Bobby's Adopted Daughter

By Castiels_Bumble_Bee

Maximum Singer has had stranger powers since she was young, and the only person who knew was her best friend... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
hi guys! :))

Part 21

616 14 11
By Castiels_Bumble_Bee

This chapter is based off of episode ten, season four.
'Heaven and Hell.'
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"That can be arranged." Uriel said, stepping closer to Max.

"You want Anna? Why?" Sam asked, causing Uriel to step even closer.

"Out of the way."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Okay, I know she's wiretapping your angel chats or whatever, but it's no reason to gank her." Dean said, shaking his head.

"Don't worry. I'll kill her gentle." Uriel said with a sick smirk.

"I can't say I'll do the same for you." Max said, her wings expanding behind her. Her fists clenched beside her, and a dark green light shined through the cracks.

"You're some heartless sons of bitches, you know that?" Dean asked, trying to insult them enough to get them to leave.

"As a matter of fact, we are. And?" Castiel piped up.

"And Anna's an in innocent girl." Sam said.

"She is far from innocent." Castiel said, earning another scoff from Max.

"So are you and Uriel. So why don't I just rip your grace right out of your chests?" Max asked, stepping closer to Uriel. Her eyes started to glow a dark green, and all eyes were on her.

"What's the supposed to mean?" Sam asked, looking over at Dean in confusion.

"It means she's worse than this demon you've been screwing." Uriel said, motioning towards Ruby. Max backed away from him and turned and looked at Sam, the green slowly leaving her eyes." Now give us the girl."

Max turned away from them and looked at Uriel.

"Sorry. Get yourself a new one. Try JDate." Dean said, beating Max to saying something.

"Who's going to stop us? You two? This abomination? Or this demon whore?" Uriel asked, moving his hand from Ruby to himself, causing her to be pulled his way and thrown into a wall.

Castiel started to walk towards Sam and touched his forehead, Sam fell to the floor as Castiel started walking towards the back room.

"Hey, Cassie!"

Castiel turned around, as soon as he did Max punched him across the face. Max went to bend down to pull Castiel up, but there was a bright blue light that shined through the room, causing all the angels to disappear. Including Max.

"Max?" Dean called out, looking around the room. He stood up and walked to the door Anna was in, he opened it and saw blood.

Anna cut her hand open and made a marking on the mirror with her blood. Dean ran to her side and made her sit down.

"Are they - are they gone?"

"Did you kill them?! Max disappeared too!" Dean asked, taking a bandanna out of his pocket and wrapping it around Anna's wound.

"No. I sent them away... far away." Anna said between breaths.

"You want to tell me how?" Dean asked, looking up at the symbol on the mirror.

"That just popped in my head. I don't know how I did it. I just did it."

*Max's Pov*

Max was blasted away four states over from the cabin Dean and the others were in. She was sent crashing down in a ball of fire that looked like a meteor. The ball went through a billboard and crashed into the ground.

Max slowly stood up after crawling out of the giant hole she made.

"That was pleasant." Max whispered to herself as she ran her hand down her face, gasping slightly as her lip started to burn as she touched it.

Max removed her hand from her lip and looked at it, noticing it now had blood on it." This is great."

Max reached in her pocket and pulled out her phone, noticing it shattered in the fall.

"Damn."

*Time Skip*

Max sat in the living room of her fathers house, looking around as she bounced her knee up and down viciously as she awaited the Winchester's, Ruby's, and Anna's arrival.

Max was covered in bruises, dirt, and her own blood. All of her major wounds healed on their own but she'd still have some bruises for a few days, probably because she thought they looked cool and was too lazy to heal them.

Once the front door opened and Dean came into view, Max jumped up and ran into his arms." I was so worried."

"You was worried?! Max, what the hell happened?! You're a mess!" Dean yelled as he held her close.

"No clue. Probably something to ward off angels." Max said, snapping her fingers to clean the blood and dirt off.

Max let Dean go once she saw Anna and smiled, grabbing her hand." I have something cool to show you." Max said, pulling Anna through the house and down the stairs that led to the bunker.

Max opened the iron door and showed Anna the panic room. She walked in and turned around, smiling brightly at Max." This is awesome."

"Iron walls drenched in salt. Demons can't even touch the joint." Max said, stepping in and banging the walls.

"Which I find racist, by the way." Ruby piped up, standing a bit away from the entrance to the room.

"If this room keeps you away, I'm doing my job right." Max shot back, turning around to face her.

"Here." Ruby said, tossing Max two brown hex bags.

"Hex bags?"

"Extra-crunchy. They'll hide us from angels, demons, all comers."

Max held one out to Anna, who took it and smiled from Ruby to Max.

"Thank you both, so much. You guys are probably the only reason I'm alive." Anna said, smiling sadly.

"Psht, after that blood spell I heard you did, I'm sure you would be just fine." Max said, rubbing Anna's head and sitting on the desk beside her.

"So, Max, Anna, anything on angel radio?" Dean asked, stepping in the bunker and looking at the two girls.

"It's quite." Anna said, looking up at Max.

"I don't hear anything either. Dead silence." Max continued." Which is pleasant. Not troubling at all."

Dean sighed and went to say something but was cut off.

"Hey, Dean, Max." Sam called from upstairs.

Max looked over at Dean and shook her head. "You go, I'd rather not talk to him. I'll stay with Anna."

Dean nodded and walked out of the panic room and up the stairs to Sam.

"We're in trouble, aren't we? You guys are scared?"

Max looked over at Anna and shook her head.

"I can't speak for the others, but I'm not. Castiel has always been a big softy. The thing I'm not sure about, is Uriel. But I promise, I'll kill him before he lays a hand on you." Max said, watching as Anna stood up and walked out of the bunker.

"Wait up!" Max called out, snapping her fingers and appearing beside Anna." Where we off to?"

"To talk to Sam and Dean." Anna said, walking up the stairs. Max just shrugged her shoulders and followed behind her.

Max turned around and noticed Ruby was following once they got up the stairs. Anna walked into the kitchen and stayed silent as they listened to Sam and Dean talk about her.

"So, what's she hiding?" Dean asked Sam. Max felt a tiny bit of anger flash through her.

"Why don't you just ask me to my face?!"

Sam and Dean turned around quickly and saw the three girls staring at them.

"Max, you were supposed to be watching her." Dean said.

"I am, aren't I?"

"No, you're right, Anna. Is there anything you want to tell us?" Sam asked, looking over at Max while he talked.

"About what?" Anna asked.

"The angels said you were guilty of something. Why would they say that?" Sam asked, trying to be gentle with his words.

"You tell me. Tell my why my life has been leveled... why my parents are dead. I don't know. I swear. I would give anything to know."

Max reached over and grabbed Anna's hand, squeezing it gently.

"Okay. Then let's find out." Sam said.

"I'll be back." Max said, letting Anna's hand go and snapping her fingers, appearing in her mother's kitchen.

"Pamela!" Max called out. There was the sound of loud stomps then someone ran into Max's arms.

"Hey, mom." Max said, wrapping her arms around Pamela.

"Hey, Max."

They stayed in that position for a bit then Max remember why she came.

"Hey, I need you to come to Bobby's with me for a bit. We have this girl there, her name is Anna. She can hear the angels talk. The demons and angels are after her. I need you to help her go back to see what she is or what happened to her."

Pamela nodded and smiled." Of course. Poof us there, kiddo."

*Time Skip*

"Now, I'm going to count down from five to zero. When we're at zero, you'll be in a deep state of hypnosis. As I count down, just go deeper and deeper, okay?"

Max and Dean sat on the desk beside the bed that Anna was laid out on. Sam was standing on the far wall away from everyone as Ruby still couldn't enter the room.

"Five..."

"Four..."

"Three..."

"Two..."

"One."

Max sighed softly and stared at her lap, not really paying attention to what was going on around her.

'Max, I'm-'

'Stop, Sam.' Max thought back, cutting Sam's prayer off. Her eyes started to water but she pushed the tears back away and looked over at Pamela and Anna.

"How can you hear the angels? How did you work that spell?" Pamela asked Anna.

"I don't know. I just did." Anna answered, still in her deep sleep.

"Your father... what's his name?"

Max looked over at Dean and sighed.

"Rich Milton."

"Alright. But I want you to look further back... when you were very young... just a couple of years old." Pamela said in a hushed voice.

"I don't want to."

Max's head shot up and she made eye contact with Dean, and they both looked over at Anna with her eyebrow raised.

"It'll be okay. Anna, just one look -- that's all we need." Pamela assured.

"No."

Ruby stepped closer to the door as everyone got more interested in what was happening.

"What's your dads name? Your real dad. Why is he angry at you?"

Anna started to twitch and squirm in her sleep." No. No! No!"

The lights started to flicker and the iron door to the panic room slammed shut. Anna started to scream as she flew up then plowed back down.

"Calm down."

"He's gonna kill me!" Anna yelled.

"Anna, you're safe."

Max stands up as the lights start to blow. Dean and Sam hit the ground and covered their heads. Anna's screams got louder as Max walked closer and kneeled down beside her.

"Calm down." Pamela said.

"He's gonna kill me!" Anna yelled. Dean stood up and walked over to her, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Dean, don't."

Anna threw Dean across the room and he landed on a chair, breaking it.

"Wake in one, two, three, four, five." Pamela said, standing up and touching Anna's head. She calmed down and laid on the bed completely still.

"Anna... Anna." Pamela called out as she wiped the hair out of her face. Anna's eyes opened as she slowly sat up, looking around the room.

"You alright?" Max asked, standing up and sitting beside her.

"Thank you, Pamela. That helped a lot. I remember now."

Max looked over at Sam and Dean then back to Anna.

"Remember what?" Sam asked.

"Who I am."

Dean looked over at Sam then to Max." I'll bite. Who are you?"

"I'm an angel."

*Time Skip*

"Don't be afraid, I'm not like the other angels."

Max sat beside Pamela on her fathers desk, the boys leaned up against the wall and Ruby a little bit away from Anna.

"I don't find that very reassuring." Ruby said, leaning against the door frame.

"Neither do I." Pamela said.

"So... Castiel, Uriel -- they're the ones that came for me?" Anna asked, walking over to Dean and looking up at him.

"You know them?"

Anna looked over at Sam and nodded." We were kind of in the same foxhole."

"So, what, they're like your bosses or something?" Dean asked, tilting his head.

"Try the other way around."

Max sighed as Dean smiled and nodded." Look at you."

"But now they want to kill you?" Pamela asked, crossing her arms.

"Orders are orders. I'm sure I have a death sentence on my head." Anna said, walking over to Max.

"Why?" Pamela asked. Anna stopped in her tracks and looked over at Max who was staring at her.

"You disobeyed." Max said, standing up and looking down at her.

"Exactly. Which, for us, is about the worst thing you can do." Anna continued, looking at Max.

"You fell. That's why I couldn't sense your grace. You lost it during the fall."

Dean and Sam looked at Max and Anna like they were crazy.

"Meaning?"

"She fell to earth, became human." Pamela answered Dean, motioning towards Anna.

"Wait a minute. I don't understand. So, angels can just become human?" Sam asked. Max turned around and bitch faced him.

"For someone who almost became a lawyer, you're pretty slow to stuff we've already made official. It's not that simple. It hurts, like hell. Try cutting your kidney out with a butter knife."

"I ripped out my grace." Anna said, looking over to Dean.

"Come again?"

"Our grace. It's... energy. It's basically what keeps us from being human." Max paused looking over at Anna like she was an idiot." You hacked it out and fell."

"My mother, Amy, couldn't get pregnant. Always called me her little miracle. She had no idea how right she was."

"So, you just forgot that you were God's little power ranger?" Dean asked, still trying to get a grasp on the situation.

"The older I got, the longer I was human, yeah."

Max sighed loudly and grabbed her head with both hands as she started to pace around.

"I don't think you all appreciate how completely screwed we are!" Ruby said, causing Max to point to her.

"Even the demon lady gets it! We're dead meat walking!" Max said loudly as she started to pace again.

"Max and Ruby are right. Heaven wants me dead."

Max stopped in her tracks and turned around to face her.

"Might we add hell just wants her! A flesh-and-blood angel that you can question, torture, that bleeds." Max said, looking over at Ruby for her to back her up.

"Sister, you're the Stanley cup. And sooner or later, Heaven or Hell, they're gonna find you." Ruby said.

"I know. And that's why I'm gonna get it back." Anna said. All the color left Max's face as she sat down on the floor and put her head in her hands." I'm gonna get my grace back."

"This isn't my day. Not my day at all." Max whispered as she starts to breath heavily.

"Max?" Sam asked, walking slowly towards her. Dean called at him to stop and ran to Max, sitting down with her and looking into her eyes.

"Max, are you okay?"

Max starts to pale as she shakes her head. Tears form in the corner of her eyes and she starts to have a full on panic attack.

"Shit! Max, calm down. It's okay. It'll be okay." Dean whispers. He pulled Max into a hug and rubbed her back.

"Dean? What can I do--"

"Nothing, Sam! Just -- just, let me handle it!" Dean said loudly, cutting Sam off. Sam backed away as he watched his brother calm down the girl they grew up with.

"What's happening?" Ruby asked. Everyone looked over at her.

"Panic attack."

Max started to cry into Dean's shoulder as everyone watched in silence. Dean rubbed her back and tried to say things that might soothe her. After a few minutes, she calmed down.

"You okay?" Dean asked. Max looked up at him and nodded, sighing as she stood up and dusted herself off.

"Sorry for wasting time. I -- I'm gonna go. Call me if you need me. I can't be here right now. I can't." Max snapped her fingers and appeared at a beach. It was mid November so it was chilly and no one else was there.

Max snapped her fingers and her clothes changed into a navy blue sweater, grey jeans, and a black scarf.

Max pulled the scarf over her mouth as she walked closer to the rocky shore. She sat down in a grassy like area and traced her fingers over the ground, causing pink flowers to grow.

"Hiya, kiddo."

Max turned around and pointed her demon knife at the figure behind her. The man she faced had brown hair and honey colored eyes, just like hers.

"Who are you?" Max asked, snapping her fingers, she was now standing up with the blade pointed at the man.

"Jeeze. You got skills don't you?" The man asked, looking Max up and down.

"Answer my question, asshole." Max threatened, looking at the mans facial features.

"Well, I have many names. I'm known by the trickster, Loki, and so on."

Max's eyes widened slightly as she realized who stood before her.

"You're the trickster Sam and Dean have been struggling to deal with, aren't you?" Max asked, pulling her scarf closer to her face.

"I am. But of course they never seem to be able to kill me. I wonder why that is?" The man asked. He snapped his fingers and a sucker appeared in his hand, he unraveled it and stuck it in his mouth.

"Don't you think this is an inappropriate time to have candy?"

The Trickster shrugged his shoulders and smirked, he snapped his fingers and Max's blade disappeared and was in her knife holder." It isn't now."

Max's eyes widened as she took a step back, staring at the man in front of her in confusion.

"What are you? You're too powerful to be a trickster. I've only met two things that can do that." Max stated, trying to figure the man out.

"And what are those, sweetheart?" The man asked with a smirk.

"An angel and a demon. And you're no demon." Max said, stepping closer to the male.

"Obviously. So, can I see your real hair?" The man asked, walking around Max in circles.

Max tilted her head in confusion but snapped her fingers anyway, her normal red hair turning to its natural light brown.

The man in front of her smiled proudly as Max tilted her head in confusion.

"Isn't there something you want to ask me?" The man asked, his smile never leaving his face.

"Of course, but that doesn't mean you'll answer them." Max said, crossing her arms.

"Try me."

"What's your name? And I mean your real name." Max asked, looking him in the eyes.

"It's --"

'Dean Winchester gives us Anna by midnight, or we hurl him back to damnation.'

Max looks over at the man in front of her with wide eyes." If you heard that you know I have to go. I'm sorry, is there a chance I'll see you again?" Max asked, snapping her fingers and changing into a pair of gray jeans, red shirt, and a leather jacket.

"You will. All you have to do is call." The man said, walking to Max and patting her head.

"How do I do that if I never got your name?"

"Just sing,' Heat of the Moment,' by Asia. I'll come a runnin'." And with that the man was gone.

Max snapped her fingers and appeared in the room with Dean, Sam, Ruby, and Anna.

"Do you know any weapon that works on an angel?" Sam asked Anna.

"To what? To kill them?"

Max walked behind Dean and placed her hand on his shoulder. Dean turned around quickly and tried to punch her in the face. Max dunked down and used her her right leg to kick Dean's feet out from under him, causing him to fall on his rear.

"Max?"

Max looked over at Sam and shrugged her shoulders, then looked back down at Dean.

"You alright?" Max asked, giving Dean her hand and pulling him up to his feet.

"You gave me heart attack. But, yeah, I'm good." Dean answers as he dusted himself off.

"Good. You needed something to keep you on you toes." Max said, smiling.

Sam clears his throat as he turns towards Anna." You were saying?"

"Max?" Dean asked in a low whisper.

Max looked over at Dean who was reaching out for her hair. Once he touched it he brought it into her view, she left it her natural color.

"Shut up." Max whispers with her cheeks tented red.

"There's nothing that could kill an angel that we could get to right now." Anna said, looking over at Max.

"Okay, wait, wait. I say we call Bobby. We get him back from Hedonism." Dean said, taking a step towards Sam and Anna.

"Dean, what's he gonna tell us that we don't already know?" Sam asked, raising his voice.

"I don't know, but we got to think of something!" Dean yelled back, causing Max to walk between them and look over at both of them.

"How about you two quit arguing like a bunch of teenage girls and try and be productive! Now is not the time for one of the famous arguments between the Winchester brothers. Just, go do something to help the situation. And so help me God, if you two start fighting again, I'll kick your ass'. Understand!?"

Sam and Dean nodded and walked off, causing Max to sigh in relief.

"Winchesters."

*Time Skip*

Max looked up from her book and noticed Sam fell asleep. His head was laid down on the table where all the books he already read were stacked.

Max looked around the room and noticed Ruby, Anna, and Dean were gone. She sighed to herself as she looked back over at Sam and smiled sadly.

"Well, I know I'm talking to myself, since you had to fall asleep, Sammy. I just -- I need to tell you this in some way, even if you cant hear me." Max said, shutting her book and placing it down on the table.

"It hurts, Sam. Seeing you and Ruby together, it breaks my heart. But, if she makes you happy, I'll try and loose all my feelings for you, I'll try my hardest." Max said, voice cracking at the end of her sentence.

"All I want is you happy." Max said, wiping her eyes. Once her hand met with the skin around her eyes, it was wet, causing Max to notice she had been crying." Damnit."

"Max?"

Max looked up and noticed Sam woke up sometime during her speech, causing her tears to fall faster.

"Are -- are you crying? Max, what happened?" Sam asked, standing up and walking around the table to Max.

Max looked down at her lap as Sam turned her chair around and kneeled in front of her.

"Max, look at me."

Max let out a few sobs as she shook her head and watched her tears fall onto her lap.

Sam gently grabbed Max's chin and made her look at him." Max, what's wrong?"

Max looked into Sam's eyes and she broke. She slung herself into his arms causing him to fall on the floor with her on his lap.

Max hid her face in the corner of his neck and cried.

"Max, what happened?"

Max sniffles as she sits up and touched his head, showing him what she said while he was asleep. She looked down at her lap as Sam stared at her.

"You said all that while I was asleep? Why not tell me while I was awake?" Sam asked, wrapping his arms around Max's waist.

"So I could make the easier choice. I -- I know you love Ruby, and that's okay. I just wish I could loose these feelings for you so I don't get in the way of that. I'm sorry --" Max was cut off by Sam's lips on hers.

After they ended the kiss, Sam placed his forehead against Max's." I've been trying to explain myself to you since you found out. But I don't blame you. I'd be pissed too."

Max chuckled and looked around, noticing that they were on the floor and she was on his lap. She snapped her fingers and her and Sam were standing up.

Sam smiled down at Max and yawned. Max snapped her fingers and a few blankets and pillows appeared on the ground laid out like a bed.

Sam smiled and grabbed Max's hand, pulling her to the homemade bed and bent down, picking up the blanket for her to crawl under.

"Sam, I'm an angel. I don't need to sleep." Max said, chuckling afterwards.

"You don't need to, but you can."

Max nodded and laughed, crawling under the blankets as Sam did too. Once they were settled Sam pulled Max into his chest and quickly fell asleep.

Max looked up at him and kissed his cheek, cuddling into his chest after. She closed her eyes and quickly fell asleep.

*Time Skip*

"Where's Ruby?"

Max sat beside Dean who was drinking a beer, looking from Anna to Sam.

"Hey, she's your hell buddy." Dean said, looking at Anna as she walked over to him.

"Little early for that, isn't it?"

Max chuckled to herself once she saw the looks they both gave each other.

"It's 2:00 am somewhere." Dean answered, looking Anna up and down.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, of course."

Max heard a loud gush of wind and felt the power in the area increase. She stood up quickly and looked at the doors as they flew open.

Everyone stood up and stood behind Max as Castiel and Uriel walked into the barn. Once they were close to the angel and her friends the doors shut behind them.

"Hello, Anna." Castiel said, looking at her and ignoring everyone else." It's good to see you."

"How? How did you find us?" Sam asked, stepping up beside Max.

Max turned around and looked at Dean, causing everyone else to do the same.

Dean had the most apologetic look on his face as everyone stared bullets through him.

"Dean?" Sam asked, disbelief in his eyes.

"I'm sorry."

Anna looked over at the two angels.

"Why? Sam asked, looking to anyone for answers.

"Because they gave him a choice. They either kill Anna, or kill you, Sam." Max said, death glaring Castiel." I know how their minds work."

The room became silent for a moment until Anna walked over to Dean and kissed him. Max smiled sadly as she looked over at them then back to Castiel.

"You did the best you could. I forgive you."

Uriel sighed and rolled his eyes as he stared at the four people in front of him.

Anna stepped in front of Max and took a step. "Okay. No more tricks. No more running. I'm ready."

"I'm sorry." Castiel said, looking over at Max and Dean then back to Anna.

"No. You're not. Not really. You don't know the feeling." Anna shot back, earning a sad smile from Max.

"Still, we have history. It's just --"

"Orders are orders. I know. Just make it quick." Anna said, finishing Castiel's senescent.

"Don't you touch a hair on that poor girls head."

Max stepped to Anna and grabbed her hand and pulled her to the side. Dean and Sam turned around and saw Alastair and two demons holding Ruby, who's shirt was covered in blood.

Uriel stepped forward causing Dean and Sam to step over with Max and Anna. The other two demons threw Ruby to the side and stepped up with Alastair.

Max snapped her fingers and Ruby appeared beside her on the ground. Max bent down and touched her head, healing her.

"How dare you come in this room," Uriel paused while he walked closer to the demons. "You pussing sore."

Max smiled down at Ruby and shook her head." I swear I've used that line before. Play hurt, or they'll come after you too."

"Name-calling. That hurt my feelings... you sanctimonious, fanatical prick." Alastair shot back.

"Turn around and walk away now." Castiel said, causing Max to chuckle to herself as she stood up.

"Sure. Just give us the girl. We'll make sure she gets punished good and proper." Alastair said, looking over at Max and Anna, smirking evilly.

"You know who we are and what we will do." Castiel said, stepping up beside Uriel as they faced the demons." I won't say it again, leave now... or we lay you to waste."

"Think I'll take my chances."

Uriel moved first at the two demons who were holding Ruby and started to punch them, he threw one into a wall and the other to the ground.

Castiel went to Alastair and started punching, after a minute he placed his hand on Alastair's forehead and tried to kill him.

"Sorry, kiddo. You gonna go run to daddy?" Alastair said as he removed Castiel's hands from his head and punched him, causing Cas to fly backwards.

Uriel killed one of the demons and started on the other. Alastair walked to Castiel and pinned him down, holding his hand to Cas's neck.

"Potestas infernia, me confirma." Alastair started to chant those words. Max ran and tackled Alastair off of Castiel and started to land punches to his face.

Alastair threw Max off of him and to the other side of the barn." Max, Max, Max... I am so disappointed. You and Dean were my favorites. You both had -- such promise."

Max stumbled to her feet and regained her senses. Alastair held his hand out towards Sam and Dean which caused them to fall to their knees and groan in pain.

Uriel kneeled down and killed the second demon, while he was down, Anna ran to him and stole his necklace that held her grace. She backed away from him and threw it on the floor, the container broke and the grace flew into Anna's mouth.

Max watched in amazement as Anna fell to the ground and started to glow. Max looked over at Sam and Dean and ran to them, jumping on top of them and shielding their eyes.

"DON'T LOOK!" Max yelled, causing the boys to quit struggling against her grip.

A bright light flooded the room and once it dimmed down, Max turned around and noticed Anna and Alastair had disappeared.

Max stood up and pulled Ruby, Sam, and Dean up to their feet. Castiel and Uriel stood up and walked over to where the others were standing.

"Well, what are you guys waiting for? Go get Anna... unless, of course, you're scared." Dean said.

Uriel growled." This isn't over." He said, stepping up to get in Dean's face. Max stepped up and was about to punch him but Castiel grabbed Uriel and pulled him back.

"Oh, it looks over to me, junkless."

The sound of wings flapping was heard and Uriel and Castiel disappeared. Max sighed to herself as she turned her head and spit blood out of her mouth.

"You okay?"

Max looked over towards Sam and nodded, wiping her mouth." I'm good. What about you, Ruby?"

"Not so much. But thanks."

Dean scoffed, causing everyone to look at him. "What took you so long to get here?"

"Dean, she brought the demons here so they could fight the angels. I got to hand it to us. Brining them all together at once -- was a damn good plan." Max said with a proud smirk on her face.

"Yeah, well, when you got Godzilla and Mothra on your ass, best to get out of their way and let them fight." Sam said, smiling down at Max.

"Now you two are just bragging." Dean said, chuckling at Max and Sam." So, I guess she's some big-time angel now, huh?"

Max looked up at Sam and shook her head.
"No, it's not going to be that easy for her. She's gonna be hunted down, just with higher ranking angels now."

Everyone became quiet as they looked at the ground.

"I hope she's happier wherever she is." Sam said.

"I highly doubt that."

*Time Skip*

"Can't believe we made it out of there... again."

Max looked over at Dean while she sat on the hood of the impala, Sam beside her.

"Yeah, well, I would have zapped you all out of there if it woulda got to bad." Max said, grabbing Sam's hand and intertwining their fingers.

The two hunters and their angel raised their beers and took a drink.

"I know you both heard him." Dean said, looking away from the two.

"Who?" Sam asked.

"Alastair. What he said... about how it was good to see me again."

Max let Sam's hand go and used it to grab Dean's shoulder.

"Yeah. I heard him."

Max brought her hand back to herself and stayed silent.

"You're not curious?" Dean asked, taking another drink.

"Dean, I'm damn curious. But you're not talking about hell, and I'm not pushing."

The three fell silent as they drank, the tension in the air thickened the longer they stayed silent.

"It wasn't four months, you know."

Max and Sam looked over at Dean as he continued to talk about his horrid memoirs in Hell.

"What?" Sam asked. Max looked over at Sam and sighed.

"A month up here, is ten years down there. It was forty years." Max informed.

"Oh, my god." Sam said softly, trying to get his mind to process the words Max just spoke to him.

"They, uh... they sliced and carved and tore at me in ways that you..." Dean paused and bit his lip."... until there was nothing left."

Max felt a single tear slip down her face as she thought about all the pain Dean went through.

"And then, suddenly... I would be whole again. Like magic, just so they could start all over. And Alastair, at the end of every day, every one, he would come over. And he would make me an offer to take me off the rack, if I put souls on. If I started the torturing."

Sam grabbed Max's hand and squeezed it, causing Max to look over and realize he had tears running down his checks as well.

"And every day I told him to stick it where the sun shines. For thirty years, I told him. But then I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't." Dean paused." And I got off that rack. God help me, I got right off it, and I started ripping them apart."

Max turned and put her head on Sam's shoulder.

"I lost count of how many souls. The -- the things that I did to them." Dean said, tears falling down his face.

"Dean." Sam paused, wiping his eyes and clearing his throat." Dean, look, you held out for thirty years. That's longer then anyone would have."

"How I feel. This feeling inside me." Dean let out a sob." I wish I couldn't feel anything."

Max let out a soft sob as she started to shake.

"I wish I couldn't feel a damn thing."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 5.1K 27
Emma thought she was just some normal girl with a mother who didn't care about her feelings. She was used to moving around not staying in one place f...
11.8K 698 23
Sam and Dean Winchester. Two of the most feared hunters on the planet. Castiel Novak. The most bad-assiest angel in Heaven. Together their team is c...
3.1K 129 32
Castiel has been sent by Heaven to be your guardian angel. He watches over you, but he realises that he is watching you a lot more than he should. He...
18.6K 519 13
Ness Singer is being just as there for the Winchesters and her father as before, maybe even a little bit more. Because now that the angels and the de...