The Family (III)

By boss_baby_

BOOK 3. The Family series. ORIGINAL. More

Her
His Angel
Moon's Goddess
Empire
His Joy
HIM and him
My Lady
With Her
Heart Filled With Hate
Jealousy
In Three Days
The News
Announcement
Darkness And The Moon
Scared To Death
THE FAMILY
PART IV

Like A Brother To Him

9.6K 258 321
By boss_baby_

EUCLIFFE ESTATE

Maids served food in the long table for the two brothers.

Everything was peaceful.

After it was just the two of them, they started to eat.

Well, Rogue started to eat. Sting barely touched his breakfast. He just stared at it. He didn't have the appetite.

"Is this about Lucy again?" Rogue sighed loudly.

"...I can't," the blond whispered, not looking at him.

Rogue's face went from calm to anxious.

"Brother please," he started, "I told you. Forget about her. You're not the one she waits for every night."

Sting still stared at the food in front of him.

This made Rogue mad. He lightly slammed his hand on the table, making the blond look at him.

"Are you listening to me? Stop this infatuation! Do as you are told for once." He half-shouted.

Sting stood up and looked at him with stubborn eyes.

"I can't do it! I can't stay away!" he shouted and ran to the door.

"Sting!" Rogue called out to him but he didn't stop.

That was it. He couldn't keep it all in anymore. He loved her, needed her.

And he wanted her to know.

He ran out of the mansion and slid into his white Ferrari, drove out of the mansion and through the gates.

As he rode along the city, he reached for his phone. He searched for a number. Her number.

.

.

DRAGNEEL COMPOUND

"And just like that, I wasn't the only man in her life anymore," Lyon said dramatically, "Gray swept my little sister away from me so easily."

Everyone in the living room laughed.

They were having a good time. Lyon Vastia went to visit his half-sister at the main house that day.

"Brother! Stop it, you're embarrassing me!" Juvia complained, but still looked like she was enjoying it.

"But I think Gray is digging the attention," Loki at the corner teased.

Whistles and swooning filled the room.

"I'm not! Leave me out of this!" Gray shouted with his face turning red.

"Your face is giving you off, Gray," Erza smirked at him.

"Oh you're picking on me just because Jellal isn't here," he talked back, now he was the one smirking.

It went silent for a moment then laughter and whistles made the room noisy again.

"WHY YOU!" Erza's face flushed as she threw a couch pillow and hit him on the face, hard.

"OW!"

"You deserve that!"

"Gray-sama~"

"Fight like a man!"

Lucy laughed along with the others. There was never a boring day as long as she was with them. They always made her laugh when Natsu was not around.

Then her phone rang.

She picked it up and saw an unknown number dialing her.

Lucy lifted a hand telling everyone to keep quiet.

They did. She got along with everyone in the family, they made jokes and had fun with her. But they never forgot in their mind that she was still the Lady Wife, she had power over them. She can command them whatever she wanted by just a flick of a finger, they would do it. And they didn't mind, she was as good as a sister to all of them.

Everyone was silent. They watched Lucy as she answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Lucy, it's me. I need to talk to you."

"Sting? Is that you?"

Lucy remembered she forgot to save his number from the calling card, wherever it may be now.

"Yes. Can we meet up?"

She could feel that he was very troubled by something.

"What's the matter? Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine. I just...can we please meet right now?"

"Right now?"

"I'm headed to the restaurant. Please come."

"Wait- Sting!"

"I'll wait for you."

And the call ended.

Lucy stared at her phone and sighed. Guess she didn't have a choice but to go. She couldn't leave a troubled friend alone.

"I'm going to Eucliffe's restaurant. I need people to go with me," she said as she stood up and headed towards the door.

"Gray, lead the others and accompany her," Lyon turned seriously to the raven-haired who nodded at him, "Keep her safe."

Gray, Erza and the other men followed Lucy. Correction, almost all of the people in the room followed her out.

"Levy," Lyon turned to the blue-haired,

"Inform Natsu."

.

.

EUCLIFFE RESTAURANT

As soon as Lucy entered, she instantly found Sting sitting on the same spot, on the same table.

She approached him and sat down on the chair, facing him. He looked like he was carrying a very heavy problem.

If you consider being madly in love with the wife of a Don of a big mafia a very heavy problem, then yes. Yes it really was. But she had no idea about it.

Gray and the others stayed outside, guarding the entire place. They had to be alert at all times. Their sudden departure from the compound wasn't planned, if anything happened to Lucy, well you know what's next.

And that wasn't enough, Lucy was carrying his child as well. Gray's the one worrying the most since he's the only one who knew about it.

"Hey, you okay? What's with the long face?" Lucy started with a smile, hoping to lighten his spirit up.

It wasn't working. He only looked at her with the same troubled eyes.

"I'm here now. What is it you want to talk about?" she asked.

"I fell in love with someone I shouldn't have," he spoke, "She will never be mine".

It took a while for Lucy to speak up again.

"Love has no limits," she smiled, "don't hurt yourself with the idea that she'll never be yours."

"You don't understand... she's...important."

"How do you know you don't have chance with her?"

He stared at her brown orbs.

"I just know it."

"See?" she giggled, "You've never even tried yet."

"Do you really think she'd change her mind and be with me?"

"...That depends. Maybe she feels the same way about you as well, you just never know because you're afraid to make a move."

"Then...," he started, "How do you think I should tell her?"

Lucy touched her chin, thinking hard.

"I'm not really good at this but let's see. Mmm...why not tell her to meet up with you. Just baby steps at first," she answered, smiling.

Check. He already did that part.

"And?"

"And then everything comes naturally after that. Just tell her whatever it is that you have towards her. Let fate play its course."

"...Fate huh."

Both of them went silent.

He stared at her as she smiled sweetly at him.

Then he did it.

His hand slowly reached out.

The instant he touched and put his hand over hers, Lucy was startled.

"Sting?" she was confused of what he was trying to do.

He stared deeply into her eyes.

He was going to do it.

Now or never.

"Lucy, I-"

But then he saw pink.

A bundle of pink hair neatly slicked back. The man was wearing a suit. Black. Everything was black. Even the look on his eyes.

And he was heading towards their direction.

Sting quickly removed his hands. His face had a trace of panic in it.

"I heard there was an emergency. So I rushed over," Natsu said with composure as he closed in on them.

Lucy turned to him, a bright smile on her face. She wasn't expecting to see him.

She immediately stood up and embraced her husband.

"Baby!" she said happily.

Natsu hugged her back, then he stared at Sting as he tightened his arms around Lucy.

Sting avoided his gaze and looked down on the table. He couldn't endure to look at them. Aside from that, he couldn't endure the look that Natsu was giving him.

Natsu leaned down in her ear.

"I need to speak with him for a moment...about business. Could you wait for me in the car?" he whispered.

She loosened her arms around him.

"Okay," she answered, still smiling.

Lucy headed towards the door, walked past Laxus who guarded the restaurant's entrance, not letting anyone enter.

Now it was just the two of them.

Natsu sat on the chair Lucy was sitting on, his legs crossed.

He stared at the blond who had his eyes fixed on the table.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Natsu broke the silence. His face held no expression.

Sting couldn't seem to lift his head and face him.

"Stop looking at the damn table," he spoke again, the blond hesitantly gave him his attention.

"Are you planning to cross the line?" Natsu's face was calm, but even the readers know he's good at masking his real emotions.

"Natsu...you know I respect you. I've always followed your orders," Sting started, "But...Lucy...There's something about her. I just..."

"You love her." Natsu finished for him.

Sting was speechless.

"You think I didn't know?" he continued, his voice was even, "I already knew it since the moment you saw her walk into the room that day."

The blond was silent.

"But I dismissed it because you are like a little brother to me."

Sting started to open his mouth to speak, but Natsu spoke again.

"If you were just nothing, you would have been dead for a long time already," his voice was serious, anger now slightly evident.

"Natsu..." Sting looked at him with remorse in his face, "I don't think I...I just can't do it."

He stared at the blond with hollow eyes.

"Are you going to betray me?" Natsu asked.

No answer. The other man just looked back down at the table. It angered him.

He slammed his hand on the table, cracking it. Good thing the glass it was made of was very expensive, or else it would have easily shattered into pieces.

It caught Sting's attention. His eyes were wide as he looked at him.

"Don't force me to do something I shouldn't," Natsu said.

His once calm face now turned into a scowl.

He stood up and looked down at the blond.

"Never challenge me to be your enemy," he said before he turned his back on him.

But Sting stopped him.

"Wait!" he said as he abruptly stood form the chair, "Please don't tell Rogue about this..."

Natsu stared at him before giving an answer.

"I don't intend to."

Then he turned to leave and walked away from the blond.

"Natsu," Sting spoke again, stopping him on his tracks. His broad back faced the blond.

"What if...she changes her mind about you and falls for me?"

Natsu didn't flinch. He just stood there, not turning to face him.

"Lucy falling inlove with you is hardly ever going to happen," he started, "but IF it does..."

His head slightly turned to the side,

"Make no mistake, I will kill you."

And he continued to walk to the door, out of the place with Laxus behind him.

Sting watched through the glass wall as the cars drove away one by one.

As if the heavens felt his pain, it started to rain.

He didn't doubt Natsu's words.

Now it was just up to him if he was going to cross the line or stop just in front of it.

.

.

.
Chapter dedicated to enchanted_stardust and meowcatlover123

Thank you for making me laugh 😂😂 you guys are funny. 😊

enchanted_stardust you made my day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 6.1K 22
BOOK 2. The Family series. ORIGINAL.
140K 6.1K 31
Book Two of “Scandal”! Lucy is finally back and ready to start her life. But so much has happened since she left, and not everybody welcomes her back...
35.4K 1.4K 25
Highest Ranking: #1 in nalu #1 in fairytail #3 in gajevy #23 in Jellal 🍜🍚🍘🍙🍥🍣🍱🍤🍛🍝🍖🍗🍟🍔 A tomb. Four Handprints. Four Girls. Four Warrior...
828 59 28
━━━family is everything. fairy tail. next generation. 5/15/22 ; 6/17/22 @𝙣𝙚𝙗𝙫𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙤𝙨𝙢𝙤𝙜