The CEO's Hoodie

By efleni

Arabella who is a young and aspiring business woman, takes over her father's business at the age of twenty-fi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 7

5.6K 185 9
By efleni

Arabella's POV

"What do you mean she can't find it?" I sigh defeated, pressing the bridge of my nose while pacing up and down my bedroom.

Not happy with the answer I get, I press the phone closer to my ear, my frustration getting the best of me. "Where's Suzana anyway? She should be the one telling me all this."

"I don't care if she's sick. The USB can't just vanish into thin air. I expect her to find it and fix this mess!"

Cameron in the meantime, who's currently sitting on my bed cross-legged and eyeing me agitated, makes weird signs with his hands, trying to grab my attention. As soon as he has my full attention, he takes deep breaths, silently pleading with me to mirror his actions and calm down.

"I'll come by the company later and by the time I get there, you better have this figured out." I hiss at the phone.

And with that I end the call.

"Whoa there godzilla. Wasn't that a bit harsh?" Cameron argues accusingly.

"They haven't seen harsh yet. That USB contains really important information." I say irritated.

"Don't you have a back up or something?"

"Of course I do! But the USB can't just disappear. I can't mess this up Cam." I release the breath I was holding, slouching on the bed, my shoulders sinking from anger and disappointment.

"Besides, it was locked in a drawer and only me and Suzana had a key." I continue.

"Hey hey, you aren't messing up. It's not your fault that the stupid USB got lost. And even if it was, we would still find a way to figure this out." Cameron says, while bringing me closer to his body, engulfing me in a big hug.

"It is my fault. I should have kept a closer look at it."

"Let's give Suzana some more time, okay? In the meantime, you should simply breathe and think rationally. Does anyone else know about the USB?"

"No. It's just me, Suzana, the girl on the phone and dad."

"I'm sure this is just a big misunderstanding then."

"I really hope so."

- - -

Looking down the elegant, spiral staircase which is bejeweled in sparkling lights, what beholds my vision is striking. The designers have truly outdone themselves.

The enormous room reflects the image of gleaming, white snow, the shiny, white marble floor and glassy snowflakes that hung from the ceiling creating a magical and lavish environment. In the middle of the room, a huge Christmas tree occupies the space, which is embellished with red and golden decorations, its luminous, white lights being impossible to miss.

Around the room there are countless tables with white tablecloths, red napkins and tall candles, with tiny, golden stars scattered symmetrically onto each table and blossoming red roses arranged in small circular bouquets in the centre of each table. The buffet, looks just as glamorous, with a variety of traditional Italian food and most of the guests have already arrived.

"It's time sweety." Dad's voice breaks my thoughts. "Have I told you how beautiful you look?"

"Only a million times." I laugh, as he takes my hand and starts leading me towards the lower level of the room. As soon as we descend the last step of the staircase, as on cue, all eyes turn towards us, the flashes of cameras momentarily blinding us.

As we keep walking, dad lets go of my hand and takes long strides towards the centre of the small stage at the right corner of the room and proceeds to turn on the microphone.

"Dear friends" he begins with a smile. "Thank you for being part of..."

But soon enough his voice fades away, as thoughts of my previous conversation with Suzana from this morning start consuming my mind.

"Arabella!"  Suzana had shouted at me, trying to keep up with my fast pace since I was checking that every last detail was in place for tonight's event.

"Suzana? Should you even be here? Shouldn't you be resting?" I asked troubled, but soon turned my attention towards the flower arrangement on the tables.

"Who brought the white roses here? Only the red ones go on the tables!" I shouted at the people around me.

"I'm much better now. Thanks for the flowers by the way. They were lovely." She smiled genuinely.

"Don't mention it. What did the doctor say?"

"He said something about food poisoning. Arabella, I tried to get back to you as soon as I saw your calls but I was either throwing up or sleeping from exhaustion."

Abruptly stopping, I take a closer look at her, her paleness and dark under-eye circles showing just how much she must have been through these past few days. "Oh god Suzy, I didn't know it was that bad. I'm so sorry you had to go through that and at the same time stress over the USB."

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry. I came here to tell you that I've found the USB! I thought I'd placed it at the correct drawer, but I must've accidentally placed it at the wrong one and missed it when I looked the other day. With work and everything, it must've slipped my mind. I'm really sorry Arabella, that was completely unprofessional and I promise it'll never happen again. I understand if you're mad, or if you want to fire me." She finished off sorrowfully.

Releasing a huge breath of relief after hearing that the USB was found, I softly touched her shoulder. "Suzana you're one of the most efficient and trustworthy workers in the company. A single mistake won't determine your entire career. Everyone makes mistakes, just please make sure to be more careful next time. That's all. I'm glad you're feeling better and as much as I'd love for you to stay, you look horrible. So please go home and take off as much time as you need."

"But I-I want to be here in case you need something." She had insisted.

"I got this. You go home and I'll text you later how it went. Have a good rest yeah?" I finished off with a small hug.

Loud clapping and booming of voices bring me back to reality as Cameron gives me a small, encouraging push towards the stage.

Oh right my speech.

As soon as I finish my own speech, dad approaches
me and hugs me tightly.

"Your mother would have been so proud of you my baby."

"Well, I'm as proud as I could ever be." Intervenes another voice which has me gasping in shock and disbelief.

"Jason?!" I say dumbfounded, my feet feeling rooted on the spot making it impossible for me to move even the slightest.

"Did you really think I'd miss your big day little sis?"

"You-you idiot. I-I thought you wouldn't make it." I choke out, a few tears escaping my eyes as I attack him in a tight, breathless hug. Enjoying the feel of my big brother's arms around me, I refuse to let go of him.

"Can't really breathe here." He says in a breathless whisper as I bite back a laugh and let him go, after giving him a kiss.

Facing dad I raise a scolding index finger at him. "Did you know about this?"

"Weeeell..." dad answers with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Daaaad!" I scold him playfully.

After greeting my brother and tasting the delicious food, Jason offers to accompany me for the next dance.

As we slowly sway to the music, I take a closer look at his features, his short, brown hair being neatly pulled back, his blue eyes, identical to mine, staring back at me with wonder.

"Looking good sister." Jason complements.

Looking down at myself, the delicate silk of my golden gown shimmers beautifully under the fainted lighting of the dance floor.

"You too, Jay."

"I know." He replies cockily while smirking, to which I laugh, hitting him playfully on his shoulder.

"How's work, you old man?"

"Old man? Haven't even touched my 30s yet." He laughs lightly. "I've been assigned with a rare surgery next week. Extremely dangerous, but it's so exciting!" He says as his eyes light up.

"Good for you! I'm so proud of you."

Our small talk is soon interrupted by a gravelly voice, booming with authority.

"Can I cut in?" Dominic asks my brother, while sizing him up and down before moving his gaze up and down my own body.

As one of the new partners, dad had insisted to invite him as well.

Jason looks at me questionably, then turns his threatening stare to Dominic and with a small nod of my head, he places my hand in Dominic's awaiting palm. 

Dominic wastes no time in placing his other hand around my waist, bringing our chests together, as I hesitantly place my hand on his stiff shoulder, trying to put as much space between as as possible.

"You look lovely Arabella." He states, as he looks deeply into my eyes.

"Thank you. Glad you could make it Mr Torres."

"No need for formalities, you can simply call me Dominic."

"Well then Dominic, are you having a good time?"

"Yes. You've done a good job."

Aways simple and to the point. His slow, graceful movements move us around the dance floor, as he brings our bodies even closer, chests flat against each other, while his thumb traces light patterns on the inside of my palm, which is surprisingly relaxing.

After a few more moments of silence, his eyes search mine and when my full attention is focused on him, he starts talking again.

"I've talked with the workers and they have already started the renovations. The first hotel is in Los Angeles and I was thinking we could go there for a few days to check things out."

"Sure. That sounds like a good idea."

"I'll let you know the exact dates soon." He states, as the song comes to an end. He bows lightly, as if telling me he's about to go and I give him a smile. "I'll see you around." He says, as he casts me one last glance, before his retreating figure approaches a gorgeous young lady, who gives him a kiss on the cheek, as he affectionately places his hand on her waist. The lady, seeming to stand a bit shorter than me, is wearing a tight black gown with a deep v-neck, leaving little to imagination. Her pretty face and perfectly done make-up make her stand out even more, causing my unexplainable frustration to grow bigger, making me turn away from them and make my way towards my friends.

The rest of the night is spent peacefully with my friends and family, even though at times I catch myself looking towards the direction of two specific people who can't keep their hands off of each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400K 18K 85
Fifty thousand dollars in exchange for three weeks of sheer commitment and consented submission. It was a simple proposal from the employer to an emp...
1.2M 25.8K 37
[FIRST VERSION] During her business trip to LA, Ayla develops a sexual relationship with her dad's middle aged business partner and inevitably falls...
14.1M 369K 22
WARNING!!! MATURE content inside for 18 years old and above! If you're an INNOCENT or NOT AN OPEN-MINDED reader, please refrain from reading this sto...
1.2M 42.5K 82
♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People hang on to his every word. A bachelor, st...