The Devil Is My Guardian

By brech33se

One thing I'll always remember is my parents saying "Everyone has a story" "Everyone has a story with a past... More

The Devil Is My Guardian
Chapter One ~ From The Start.
Chapter Two ~ Raccoon Eyes.
Chapter Three ~ Overweight Angry Meatball.
Chapter Four ~ Stall Buddies.
Chapter Five ~ Coopers Cupcake
Chapter Six ~ Badass Ninja Warrior.
Chapter Seven ~ Turbo
Chapter Nine ~ Creepy Horny Old Man-boy
Chapter Ten ~ Sweet Cheeks
Chapter Eleven ~ Bambi
Chapter Twelve ~Crazy Teenage Girls
Chapter Thirteen ~ Overly Possessive Boyfriend
Chapter Fourteen ~ Awkward Turtle
Chapter Fifteen ~ Pumpkin
Chapter Sixteen ~ Ava Baby
Chapter Seventeen ~ Dip-Twad
Chapter Eighteen ~ Nasty Perveted Old Man
Chapter Nineteen ~ Dark Hero
Chapter Twenty ~ Return of the Raccoon Eyes
Chapter Twenty One ~ Tomato Face
Chapter Twenty-Two ~ A Stab To The Heart
Chapter Twenty-Three ~ Boneheads
Chapter Twenty-Four ~ Miss Cutie
Chapter Twenty-Five ~ The Last
Bonus Chapter
Important News!

Chapter Eight ~ Chubs

965K 27.3K 14.3K
By brech33se

Chapter Eight ~ Chubs

Ava Chance

Hurry up, I'm freezing. -Cooper

Opening my window, I found Cooper standing holding his next rock he would throw at my window. I was still tired as I tried to hold back a yawn and rubbed my eyes from the glaring light of the street lights.

"Cooper, what are you doing here?"

"Juliet, oh, Juliet."

"Shut up!" I hissed, afraid my grandma would come in any second and ruin me.

"Calm down, Kitty," he smirked. "Move."

"What?" I looked around myself afraid for a murder, burglar, or spider to be there.

"Just move away from the window," he calmly ordered.

If he's calm, then there must not be a spider or he's just great at acting...

"Coop-"

"Unless you want to wake the neighbours, move."

With a huff, I pushed away from the window sill, walking backwards until my heel hit the footboard of my bed.

"Cooper, what are you doing?" I semi-yelled, the very same moment I heard him running. Was he leaving?

Scurrying towards the window, I saw Cooper's hands were suddenly gripping the window with the rest of his body dangling beneath him.

"Cooper!"

"A little help, Chubs?"

"Excuse me?" I exclaimed, faking outrage.

"What?"

"You did not just call me Chubs?"

"Oh, I did - but enough of that. A little hel-"

"Just for that I'm not helping you anymore," I smirked, walking away from him as he helplessly hung there.

"Ava wait, no - please!"

Ignored.

"Ava please. Shit shortcake."

Ignored.

"Kitty, I'll do anything-"

"Anything?" Suddenly I was interested in what he had to say so I took a few extra steps towards him.

"Yes for God's sake. Help me-"

"Pinky swear?" I leaned over the window at him with my pinky out.

"Wha-"

"Do you pinky swear you'll do anything I want?"

"Fuck." He groaned when I gave him a disapproving look. "Okay, Yes. I pinky swear."

I held out my pinky, waiting for him to accept.

"Ava, come on."

"You have to pinky swear."

"I'm a little tied up right now," he growled.

"Cooper, unless you want to be hanging there for the rest of the night, pinky swear."

"Fine." Next Cooper hastily ungripped his left hand from the window sill and his large pinky connected with my smaller one.

"Your fingers aren't crossed are they?" I asked curiously as I peered around him.

"AVA!" He growled. Like really growled.

"Okay, okay. Who got your panties in a twist?" I snickered as I helped pull him through the window.

And let me tell you something. He wasn't the lightest of the litter, so I had to pull all my weight back just to slightly move him. Unfortunately my stupid Homer Simpson slippers decided to make an entrance right at that moment, resulting in me falling and bringing Cooper with me.

"Oof."

"You really are clumsy, aren't you?"

Our legs were intertwined as I struggled to get up with a 175 man-boy on me.

"Cooper, get up," I cried as well as unsuccessfully trying to push him off.

"But you're so comfy!" He argued as he snuggled his head into my chest area.

Well this is awkward...

"Cooper, my boobs aren't your pillow."

As soon as the word boobs was used, Coopers head snapped up faster than Eminem rapped Rap God as his eyes were the size of saucers.

"I thought this was your butt," he stated indignantly.

"Like that's any better," I muttered. "Are you going to get up or...just lie there?"

With a slow nod, Cooper pushed himself up and his hands accidently skimmed my hips, causing a girly laugh to erupt from me.

"Ticklish are we?" Cooper raised an amused eyebrow while his eyes danced with mischief.

"Pfft, no." I failed at lying.

As if he was a punishing me for my awful lie, Cooper began tickling me from head to toe. I bit my tongue from laughing to loud; grandma wouldn't appreciate it.

"Say I'm amazing!" Cooper snickered.

"You're amazing!" I laughed.

"Say I'm beautiful!"

"You're beautiful!"

"Say I'm your," - He paused - "best friend." He said best friend softly, followed by falling beside me on my queen sized bed onto his back, breathing heavy.

"You're my best friend."

Hours later, Cooper and I were falling asleep after playing several different board games. Although we were in the same bed, we were nowhere closer to each other; both of us on the edge of different sides of my bed.

"Ava, are you still awake?" Cooper whispered.

"Mmhm." I merely nodded. "Are you?"

"Well obviously if I'm talking I'm still awake," Cooper lightly chuckled.

"How was I supposed to know you didn't have sleep-talk syndrome?"

"Is that even a thing?"

"In my books it is."

"Well in my books." He paused. "I need someone to cuddle with in order to fall asleep."

"Me too," I yawned, barely aware of what I was saying at this point of restlessness.

"Incoming," he slightly whispered as he shifted himself beside me, wrapping his muscular arms around my waist and grabbing my hands to lightly place on his chest. We were facing each other now.

"You never did tell me why you were avoiding me today."

"Oh yeah...about that., I laughed.

"Ava?"

"My grandma has forbidden me."

"It's about you coming home late in my clothes, isn't it?"

"And she got the wrong idea," I finished.

I expected for him to answer in a fit of curses, but after minutes of waiting for his answer, the light snores erupting from him showed he was fast asleep.

"Dad?" I pushed myself up, feeling blood oozing from both my arms and legs. "Mom?"

Squinting my eyes, I could see bright blue and red lights in the distance and from the corner of my eye was my dad.

"Dad?" With all my strength I pulled my limp legs towards him. "Daddy?"

Touching his face I only smeared more blood on him. "Daddy, please, please answer me!" Tears welded up in my eyes.

"Wake up!" I yelled as loud as I could as I shook him violently. "Wake up!" Now I was screaming. "Wake up!" My voice cracked at the end as I felt all the tears quickly fall down my face. "Dad."

The smell of burning gas exploded in my nostrils and made my eyes water even more. Turning my head, I saw there soon would be fire everywhere and I would be de-

"Ava!" My eyes snapped open to see Cooper looking at me with worry in his eyes. "Why are you crying?"

I was crying? Wiping under my eyes, I realized there was indeed wetness from tears there.

"J-Just a bad dream."

"I've had bad dreams before. This was way worse."

"Cooper, I'm fine. Just-" Looking toward the clock, I read 6:58 a.m. "I'm just going to get ready, I guess."

Pulling off my blanket, I revealed my legs with Stitch shorts.

"Ava, wait." He grabbed my bare leg. "Can you please tell me?"

"No."

"Why not?" He shifted closer while I could smell his surprisingly minty mornings breathe.

"Because." Moving closer our lips were almost touch-

"Beep, beep, beep!" My loud obnoxious alarm clock went off, catching me by surprise and sending me off my bed as I jumped with a loud thud.

The next thing I heard was Cooper launching into a fit full of laughter.

"Shh!" I jumped up, popping my head just above the mattress. "You might wake up the ogre!"

"The ogre?"

"My grandma."

"Ava?" My grandma's shaky voice erupted from the end of the hall. "Who are you talking to?"

Talk about karma.

Both Cooper and I's eyes went huge. Cooper jumped up, grabbed his wallet and keys, and was out the window before I could snap my fingers.

"Ava?" Her pale face came into view at my doorway. "Is somebody here?"

"No grandma, I was just...on the phone with Grace."

"At 7 a.m.?"

"You ask too many questions, go take your meds." I got up and pushed her out the door, closing it behind her.

Sliding down the wooden door. I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding in and listened to the sound of Coopers motorcycle drive away.

The next morning was like the rest: Quick, quiet, and boring.

Grace picked me up like the usual and was on again about some boy she was into. Honestly I couldn't care less, and she always has a new "Boy Toy" at least once a week.

"And then he tried to get into my pants," she finished.

"What did you do?" I asked the same question I use every time we have this conversation.

"Well, you and I both know I'm not that kind of person. I don't just let them hump and dump so I slapped him." A grin spread across her face. "After that I demanded him to take me home but before that I also made him get me some ice cream for being so disgusting."

"And he did it?"

"Oh yes, but he did try to make another move on me after that. So..." She paused. "I punched him where the suns don't shine."

"Grace!"

"Anyways, what did you do last night?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Oh..." I thought back to Cooper last night, "nothing."

The day went by simple; I didn't have English, so that meant no Milo. I ate lunch in the library, avoiding all the curious glances I've been getting all day. And math class consisted of Cooper throwing paper balls at my head.

"Cooper, stop," I hissed, turning around and picking up the third ball he'd just thrown.

"I don't know..." He looked towards his partner Braxton. "I think this is pretty fun, don't you Brax?"

"Oh yeah." Braxton finished his taunting by mocking the face I made when I was first hit by the paper.

Whipping back around, I tried concentrating on my current question. I was sure he'd thrown at least five in the last minute and at this rate he was soon to run out of paper.

"That's it-"

As I turned a paper hit me square in the forehead, causing both the fools to go into a fit full of laughter.

I made a weird growl sound in the back of my throat and picked up the next paper ball in my hand. Swinging my arm back, ready to throw, I-

"Ava!" Mr. Briggs yelled, causing the paper to drop straight from my hand and my mouth to drop open. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Baseball?" I squeaked.

Well that was a bad answer because the whole class erupted into laughter, causing Mr. Briggs' face to boil.

"I'd expect this from Cooper or Braxton but-"

"Hey!" Both the nim-wits yelled. Mr. Briggs just gave them a daring look.

"But I would never from you, Ava. You're the quiet and honorable one of the class. What happened?"

"I-"

"She got laid," someone in the class snickered, causing the rest of the class to snicker along with him.

"That's enough!" Mr. Briggs yelled at the class. "Ava since this is the first time it's happened, I'll let it slide."

And with that, the bell rang so everyone scurried out of their seats.

"Teachers pet," another person muttered as I exited the class room.

School was over and I had to get to Room 101 and meet up with my team for our shots. I was already running late, so I quickly scuffled to the classroom and struggled to push the door open.

Once I got in, along with my team was Coach Horney.

"Hello Ava." Coach's voice was deep like usual and almost taunting.

"Coach Horn - Harris."

Hey Guise!

Anyways, I'm running a little late with my updates because I've had volleyball, school, homework, more Wattpad, and my social life. This week has been very busy but I think next week probably won't.... but this weekend I'm probably going to be gone again and then the next I have another tournament -_-

Anyways I love it when you guys comment on my chapters and just letting you know I read every single one of them and they almost always make my day :)

So thank you guys for being somewhat patient : 0

Comment some questions you want me to answer! xxx

Fan Banner made by : TrixieLegaspi

Vote&Comment&Follow

LaLaLoveYew&BuhBye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 960 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
20.2K 696 36
I kept on moving back and he kept walking closer till my back touched the lockers. He trapped me in between his huge hands and I closed my eyes facin...
1.7M 41.1K 54
Every Girl wants a bad boy to be good only for her and that's exactly what Hadley got. *** Hadley didn't think much of it when she couldn't make any...
1M 21.5K 52
Guardians of Freecaster High #1 "That doesn't make any sense. You were the one who left me. You didn't care anymore." "If I didn't care, Alexis, then...