Just My Life

By brighter_than_night

Legend has it, that one day, all whisperers will be exposed, and humans will not rest until every superior cr... More

Trouble Much
Beautiful Stranger
What Whisperers?
Gummy Bears
Hostage Yet?
A Peek In The Past
To Kill A Man
Dates Or Mates?
Just A Dream?
Escaping Fire
Forever Alone... Nate.
First Day At School
Unknown School Boy
See that boy... No?
Loads Of Visions
A Hand-Full Of Nat
What Happened?!
How Did She Do That?
When Time Freezes Over
My Dignity For A Hug
Achmed The Dead Terrorrist
Time To Say Goodbye
Drunk On Ribena
Leah, Don't Die
My Old Family
Shadow
In The Dark Dark Cave

OMG, Stacey's back!

170 5 0
By brighter_than_night

Nat’s POV:

I have no idea what is happening to me. Where is Oliver? I need him, I need my brother. He was always there for me, and I want him NOW!

Something is wrong with Nate. Or something is wrong with me… I’m probably the problem; everyone was staring at me and looking as if they had seen a ghost.

The last thing I remembered was when a kind beautiful girl called Stacey asked to take over my body for a while, she said she had a message she need to pass on, and that the only way to do that was for me to hand over my body.

I agreed to do and she lunged at me… that was the last thing I remembered than a split second late I open my eyes and see everyone’s pale faces staring at me in shock.

Memories of my vision came rushing to me. Nate was locking me up in a glass coffin, I don’t know why, but I certainly wanted to find out.

I’ve known Nate for 1 month now, and I trusted him. I even still trust Oliver; I believe that it wasn’t Oliver that was going to go bad. It was something taking over Oliver… something he couldn’t control.

Jake was looking softly at me, and he laid me down on the grass, with my head resting on his lap. I got comfortable and placed my feet on Nate’s lap as he snorted in frustration.

“Nat?” Jake whispered.

“Mhmm?”

You’re going to come to school with me.” He said, “I know you’re only four, but you act older, and I can’t leave you here, even with Nate. Sheila can make an illusion to anyone who looks at you. You’ll look exactly like Stacey, who you were in your past life. Her friends will welcome you back, so don’t be freaked out if a heard of teenagers come towards you and hug the living daylights outta ya.”

“Do I have any say in this?” I asked standing up and stepping on Nate’s thing in the process. Nate fell down on the floor holding his thighs and howling in pain, when I just touched his check and he stopped.

“No, you don’t.” Jake replied and looked from me to Nate. “Your healing powers are getting better.” She stated and with that he got up and went into the dome. Sheila came towards me and chanted

“Ya bint sgheer ikteer

Ikbary ikbeer ikbeer

May shoofikee ya warrdah

Talaay ilkbeer feek”

I couldn’t believe! She was Egyptian? “Your Egyptian?” she shook her head and said “the spell is though. It uses a special kind of magic called hadaraht IL masryeen, it’s really old, and only a number of people can use it.”

Sheila was gazing adoringly at me and saying, “I, am a friggin, genius”

I ran into the dome, where everybody gave me weird looks until one person approached me asked “D’ya want anything little girl?”

“I’m not little!” I snapped, “I’m thirteen years old!”

“R-Right ma’am, sorry ma’am”

“Yeah. You are.” I replied flatly.

I ran into the office, where Timmy was sitting, doing paper work.

“Oh, hey, Stace… thought you were meant to be in Japan?”

“Your mum said what now?”

“You know, you were in Japan, with your dad?”

“N-n-no sorry you lost me”

“Stacey Evangeline parker, do you hear what I am saying?!”

“Ohmygodyeah!”

He gave me a flat look and stared at me “I mean, yeah, I’m Stacey… the Stacey, just flew in from japan… that’s right. This is totally not an illusion an’ um just sayin’”

He sighed. “’ight, safe man, see ya’ round cool?”

“Safe”

Today was my first day at high school… and I’m 4. Is it going to end well? Jake said a bunch of Stacey’s friends were going to be there. I hope they’ll buy the story that I had amnesia…

What am I doing? I’m totally screwed! There is no way I will pull of being Stacey; the children there have to be so stupid to fall for it.

(Un) luckily, we don’t have a uniform… what was Stacey’s style like? You know what; I’ll just wear something simple, denim shorts and a blue tank top, with a brownish pink cardigan and a beanie.

“Wow that is hot” said Timmy, from behind me.

“Are we goin’ out or su’in?” I asked.

His face turned the cutest shade of red and stuttered “N-n-no were just friends”

I tuned into his thoughts, which I totally forgot about… HEY! This can really help me!

Oh my god, she looks so hot now. Even hotter than the picture of her I keep under my pillow… which is kinda ruined now, since I’ve kissed it too much. Not to self: take another pic of Stacey… a really cute one. He he he, M sow ganeeus. Last part he said in a weird Russian accent… freaky.

“Just friends?” I asked. “Timmy is there anything you wanna tell me?”

“W-what d’ya wanna know?”

“How comes your dad called it whisperers Inc.?” I asked trying to sound curious.

“Gah, err… a-a dunno!”

I chuckled and decided to play him a little, “jee, you’re so cute when you stutter…. Too bad were just friends Hu?” I sighed.

Yeah, too bad, STACEY DON’T YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU?! WE AREN’T MEANT TO MATE WITH HUMANS BUT I LOVE YOU!

Awkward…

This was going to be harder than I thought. Oh, God what am I going to do? Jake, I’ll tell him, he’ll know what to do.

JAKE!! GET YOUR LAZY ASS OUTTA BED WE NEED TO GETTO SCHOOL!’

‘ya I’m up, I’m up!’

 ‘Is Stacey meant to have a mate?’

‘n-no, who is it?’

‘Timmy?’

‘Yo mama did WHAT NOW?!’

‘Keep your boxers on dude, he’s a whisperer aint he?’

‘How do you know about mates though?’

‘Nate? Well he told me that mates are meant to love each other, but I only thought it was magical creatures that had that’

‘Magical creatures are only meant to have that’

‘Then how come Stacey-‘

‘I don’t know we’ll deal with it when we come from school okay?’

‘Erg, school’

‘It aint half bad’

‘I was thinkin’, maybe I can use my mind readin’ to help me get who Stacey’s friends are?’

‘You can if you wanna, but I’m gunna be in every one of your lessons, so it won’t be that hard, and whoever is Stacey’s friend is your friend. Cuz like, your Stacey…’

‘Goddit’

‘Your even startin’ ta sound likes Stace’

‘Cuz I’m her innit’

‘see ya at the entrance of the dome, if anyone askes say, Jake got me here cuz our mum’s in hospital, and our dad’s in japan, kay?’

‘what’s your dad doin’ in japan, eh?’

‘Never mind that, just brush your hair, keep it down, she likes it like that.’

‘Dude, it is down?’

‘Right, kay, cool, I need to go now, ya know get ready’

‘Yeah I need to go, cuz… well, it’s getting’ kinda awkward. See ya’

What is up with today? If this was an everyday thing with Stacey, I feel sorry for the girl. Then again, she didn’t know about whisperers or mates or Jake getting late for school and having to ask him weird stuff telepathically… so maybe it aint an everyday thing?

I’m so happy no one can read my mind, cuz if they could; I would be labelled as a mad man… women… girl? Well…. Timmy is the only one in the room right now, and he doesn’t read minds, thank god for that.

Come to think of it, I don’t know what power Timmy has, and me being a four year old, asked him without thinking.

“Hey Timmy what power do you have?”

“Mama said what now??”

Oh crap… I forgot. “I-I mean, what power do you have? Ya know, over these people, you have a pretty big office”

He blushed again, and answered, “Well, since my dad died… I’m kinda the boss.”

“Hot”

“Well I don’t wanna brag, but-“

“Ya wanna brag.” I concluded, he just nodded his head and looked away.

“Boys these dayz man”

“say wah?”

“Nuthin’”

“No seriously?”

“Dude, when I say Nuthin’ I mean I just don’t wanna tell ya, heard?”

“Yes ma’am, sorry ma’am”

“S’wat I thought.”

Jeez who pissed in her cornflakes?

God, please give me the strength not to slap him right now.

On our way to school, I had remembered something that totally slipped my mind.

“Hey! Jake!” I said dragging him away from Sheila and Timmy, who were walking to school with us.

“Remember when you were like, oh, my god, SHE used to be able to do that too… did ya mean Stace?”

He shifted uncomfortably, and looked at me from the corners of his eyes.

“No, I meant Amelia… ya see, Miles wasn’t only a psychic whisperer, she had the same power as you, and when she went… evil, she started fighting Stace, because she was jealous of her.

"So before Stace killed her, she merged their souls together. I didn’t know she could do that, so I thought she took it off someone. Well... it's sorta more complicated than that, but you’re too young to get it.

"Because Stace wasn’t a whisperer, her body couldn’t handle it, and it killed her. But now you have her soul, which is also Amelia’s and you’re with me. So I was thinking about it, and I decided that you need to do something, and I have to help out, or one of us do,” he spread his hands towards Sheila and Timmy, he didn’t need to say that Nate was also included "because you came to the exact place where Stace and miles grew up, it must be karma”

I stared at him, and when I realised he was waiting for my response, I said, “oh, my god, I cannot believe I had to listen to that, I mean I got the part where you told me you meant Amelia not Stacey, but after that it was just ya-di-da-di-da”

He was staring disbelieving at me, “hey, I’m four, expect nuthin’ less” and I was about to walk away, when I stopped dead in my tracks. This was something I only saw in movies, and I only saw very little times, because I never watch British things, unless you count Tracey beaker… But Tracey Beaker hardly has a school appearing in it, it was no Hogwarts, but it was BIG.

Right there in front of, was the school I was going to have to attend… god kill me now.

Continue Reading