The Manipulation Game

By Yelokun

A genius manipulative bastard, an emotionless control freak, a narcissistic jerk, a conversion disordered ama... More

00
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
00
Note:
-13

01

3.7K 170 114
By Yelokun

#EmotionVsLogic

To start with, let me ask you a question. And I want you to answer it FAST.

How many fingers does a man have on his hands?

Good.

Now, How many on ten hands?

If you are like most people, then you probably answered 'one hundred' or 'ten'.

The second answer is perfectly correct, and the first answer is perfectly wrong.

Well both answers will always lead to one definite route.

You'll still be manipulated.

Others might not.

But trust me.

I will.

I sat alone in my seat in class as I wait for everyone to arrive. I've been here already at 4 o'clock so basically I was here before the school was acknowledged opened by everyone.

In my many years of existence, this is not the first time that I waited up in school for bell and for class.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not attentive or what. I'm just waiting for my prey like any other predators out there.

And also because my house is shittier than any place I could have stayed at.

Can you imagine my Mom, is having an affair with three men at the same time. Gods. It's so disgusting that I had to leave the freaking house to erase the memories.

But, Mom didn't think I'd be crazier than her.

You see, I have this plan.

Oh wait, the bell's ringing. It's finally 6 o'clock. Great!

Like I'd expected, my first prey entered the room.

I monitored his movements for the last whole year. Today starts the new semester and I'm making my first step.

My first prey is the son of the school's principal.

And every morning without fail, he enters the room at exactly 6:00. People will probably say it's a coincidence, but I take it as; this person is a major control freak.

Mental illness? Check.

I saw it coming. And mostly when creating a team, the craziest people makes the best colleagues.

That's what I'm aiming to do.

First in my list:

• befriend the principal's son.

I smiled at him when he saw me.

Shocked. He took his seat and tried to smile awkwardly at me. Probably because he thought he's the first one to arrive.

And I've broken his record.

He's a socially impaired person. Mama's boy, Daddy issues, second son, Serious type, haven't dated anyone ever, prim and proper, decent child. This would be easy. That's why I took the liberty to sit next to him at the first two seats at the front.

Lesson one: be nice.

"Hi! Good morning!" I greeted energetically.

"Morning." He awkwardly answered.

I mentally smirked.

I extended my arm to him. "I'm Rindelle Louis. But you can call me Rin. Pleased to meet you." I grinned.

He took my hand and shook it. "I know you. You're always the top student here. Many school wanted you." He monotonously said.

Lesson two: build a good background.

"That's not actually true" I laughed and he has this bewildered look on his face so I asked why.

"Your laugh is. . .kind of unique." He said.

I laughed again. He blinks three times when he's flustered and hiding something.

"If you said cute, I would've blushed hard." I snickered and he turned red his eyebrows twitched and his eyes darted for a fraction.

"It's like you read my thoughts." He hesitatingly said.

"Nah, everyone just says that my laugh is cute or something." I frowned and scratched my head.

This guy is not gay right? No, don't think so.

"Oh yeah, Ken. Do you think you can help me with something?" I asked politely.

Lesson three: Get them to do you a small favor.

"My name is not Ken." He said with creased forehead, his lips pouted a little. Irritation, don't like nicknames eh? Doesn't like being underestimated.

I beamed at him. "Your name is Kurt Ethan Novicio, no?"

"Yes. And that's nothing like Ken." His lips turned to a straight line. One-track mind, opinionated, biased.

"Kurt Ethan Novicio." I emphasized each word. "Therefore, Ken." I grinned.

"Nope. No way." Determined, unclouded.

Lesson four: Give them nicknames. Nicknames indicates a closer bond.

"It suits you though. And, at the very least, I'm the first one to call you something else other than Kurt, right?" I grinned.

He looked conflicted.

He was about to say something when students suddenly came like there's a stampede going on and so I prepped myself and stood up.

"Wha—where are you going?" He asked.

I smiled at him. "I'm not from your class. I'm from next room."

His forehead creased. "Then why are you here?"

"Who knows." I laughed. "Visit me in my room sometimes, I'll help you out whenever you're in need. And I said I have a favor to ask you too, so. . . See you at lunch, Ken."

I walked out of the room without another look or word before I heard him shout; "My name is not Ken!"

Lesson five: act mysteriously.

I chuckled.

One down, four to go.

I entered the room—my room—and everyone fell silent.

I mentally smirked. That's right, fear me. It's another form of respect so to say but fear is more powerful than that.

I smiled invitingly at them and took my seat at the far left, near the window, at the front.

Everyone continued what they were doing. Except for one guy.

"Hey!" Victim number two greeted. His long, shoulder length, black hair waving gloriously.

I pulled a rubber out from my pocket and gave it to him. He looked confused and was staring at the rubber band with so much frustration.

"Tie your hair with it. You'd look better and it will make your head more lighter." Not that there's something inside that head anyways. "You're welcome."

"Ah, salamat." He tied his hair with the rubber band and smiled at me. "Ano, bagay ba sa'kin?"

My eyebrows raised a bit and my smile wavered. Narcissistic. Vain.

"You'd be a model." That's enough compliment right? In fact he has a decent face that'd go well with the ladies so, being a model is a possibility.

I can probably make that come true. That way, he'll owe me more than he'd have to.

He grinned. "Talaga?" This goofball is such an idiot. Redundancy intended because he's stupid.

I can use that though.

"Yeah. So, do you have something to tell me. . .?" I inquired.

"Oh, uhm, nawawala kasi 'yong susi ng locker ko. They said you know everything so sa'yo raw ako magtanong." He scratched his head, looking a bit perturbed, bothered, something important is inside the locker. Books? No. Documents? No. Pictures? Yes.

Hah! People these days want the easy way out to everything. Well, who am I to judge, right? Wala naman talagang gustong nahihirapan.

"What's in it for me?"

"Uh, ililibre kita?"

"May pera ako."

"Papayag akong maging PA mo. Tulungan mo lang ako hanapin yung susi ng locker ko. Please?" Desperate. Scandal? Maybe. Loved ones? Sure.

I smirked.

"Deal."

Locker key, important pictures, loved ones, family, girlfriend.

Fangirl.

Stalker.

I scanned my classmates—and nope nope nope. I groaned inwardly.

"May problema ba?" Tanong niya.

"Wala rito. Kainis."

"Ang alin?"

"Ang locker key mo. Anyways, maupo ka muna, mamaya na natin hanapin pagtapos ng klase." I said and faced the board. He nodded and went back to his seat.

Two down, three to go.

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask his name, I'm pretty sure it's Zeke, Well, it doesn't matter 'cause he'll be named Zen.

Ms. Lougie walked in the door with her uniform that appeared to be more dashing and revealing than the normal attire of teachers. Adultery, pedophilia, horny.

I pity this homeroom teacher. I should probably hook her up with some random guy just so she could leave her students alone. Ugh. She reminds me of my mother. Only younger, she's 26.

"Good morning class!" She seductively said.

So all the curious boys said 'good morning' back. There are only two boys inside this classroom who she haven't touched yet. Me and Zen.

Zen is a loyal being. Like a dog. He has a girlfriend. I on the other hand, doesn't really like Ms. Lougie. Last year, I gave her a lollipop and a condom for a Christmas present. Instead of being humiliated she winked at me and whispered 'call me'.

I never did call. She's gross.

"Rindelle, love. Can you read the next paragraph?" I stood up while holding the book. Her eyes darted to my hands and down below. Hand fetish. Sex addict.

I really should hook her up to someone before she lunges to me whenever she can. I smiled hesitantly at her.

After an hour of that class I immediately went out of the room because staying inside would make me vomit whatever it is I ate this morning.

So yeah, victim number three, here I come.

"Lazaro!" Someone shouted my beautiful name. I turned around and saw Zen running towards me with a bothered look.

Hah, looks like Ms. Lougie got to him. Nothing happened though, he ran away. Good for him!

"S-sama ako sa'yo." Hinihingal na sabi niya. Hands on his knees—shaking. Traumatic experience? Molested. Uncle? Gay uncle.

Poor Zen. I mentally smirked.

"Alam ko na pala kung nasa'n yung locker key mo." I smiled at him warmly.

His eyes brightened. Hope. "Talaga? Salamat!"

"Nah, may kapalit 'to so don't thank me." I reminded him which he responded with a sharp nod.

Nagsimula kaming maglakad sa hallway, patungo sa hagdan dahil pupunta kami sa 1st floor kung nasaan ang mga 1st years. In three, two, one. . .

"Lazaro." Nyahaha! I knew it! I mentally smirked.

"Hello, Ken!" Bati ko sa kaniya. Of course meeting him in the hallways from his room is not a coincidence.

"My name is not Ken." He fixed his glasses. Tense, he wants something, afraid to vocalize it.

"Why don't you come with us?" I offered. Besides, I want them to meet each other.

"Where are you going?"

"To meet his stalker." I pointed at Zen who's at my back. "His locker key is missing."

"Ha? Stalker?" Zen confusedly asked.

"Wait, if he doesn't know he has a stalker, how did you?" Ken asked, nonplused.

I shrugged and continued to walk. They both followed suit which made me smirk. I'm really tempted to answer, 'I'm Rindelle fucking Lazaro.' But I didn't.

When we got to the 1st years' room, everyone looked at us in awe. Yeah, well, I'm with two good-looking and tall guys. Anak pa ng principal yung isa.

"Sino po'ng hanap niyo, kuya?" One girl asked, Elise, eh?

I scanned their room and tried to match my description to one of them.

There you are.

"Uhm, can you call that girl for me, please?" I said while looking straight at Elise's dark orbs. She looked hypnotized for a second. Her forehead creased so she shook her head and called Jill.

Jill came over to us, shy. Her eyes constantly darting to Zen's face.

"Jill, the keys, please." I politely asked while smiling warmly at her.

Lesson six: never lose poker face. Keep a good façade.

"A-anong susi?" She denied. Sweat falling from her forehead, her eyes locked with mine, convincing me. She bit her lip. Ah, so that's what you look like when you're lying.

"You see, my friend here—" I motioned towards Zen. "—lost his keys. I know you found it, so. . . If you would please give it back? It's important." I asked with a tone as polite as I can manage.

She bit her lower lip again. "Hindi ko po alam ang tinutukoy niyo."

"But—"

"Sinabing wala nga sa kaniya diba? Bakit niyo ba pinipilit, ha?" Someone cut me off before I could finish what I'm going to say. That's rude, and that's what I hate the most.

Hello, victim number three.

"Jane Irish, manahimik ka nga." Zen suddenly said.

Jane's expression became dark. Her long brown hair getting brushed off her face. And she gritted her teeth as she glare at Zen. Name issues, doesn't like being called in her real name. Boyish, two sisters, middle child.

"Shin. Ang. Pangalan. Ko."

"Jane Irish, ang pangalan mo. Tae."

"Will you two shut up? We're in the middle of something here." Ken exasperatedly said while fixing his glasses. Nyahaha! It's sometimes convenient having an authoritative figure and a control freak with you at times like these. I chuckled. Which got Shin's attention.

"Hoy, ikaw, cute-senpai. Wala nga raw sa kanya yung hinahanap niyo. Ano ba?"

I cleared my throat and faced Jill.

"You entered highschool here because you're in love with Zen—Zeke. You're from the same neighborhood. You knew him by the help of your friend here, Shin. Which is in the same vicinity as the two of you, of course. You constantly stalked him. Quite obsessive, eh? So hearing that he finally has a girlfriend you took his keys because of disappointment." I smirked.

"Anong pinagsasabi mo, kuya?" The girl still denied. Biting her lower lip.

"You took his keys." I grinned.

"I did not took his locker key. Dammit!" She hissed.

Got you. I grinned more widely than ever.

"Who mentioned locker keys, Jill?" I seriously said.

She stopped in her tracks. Her eyes darted back to Zen, then she bit her lower lip.

I laughed. "You see, instead of asking how I knew your name you skipped that part and denied that you took Zen—Zeke's keys. Which I never revealed which key it was." I grinned maniacally at her. "Also you do this when you lie." I looked at her and bit my lower lip.

Elise gasped a little so I winked at her. She turned bright pink.

"Yung susi ko, please?" Zen asked politely while holding his hand out, in front of Jill.

Jill—looks like she's about to cry—bit her lip and pulled out a locker key from her skirt's pocket.

"Sorry, kuya Zeke. Hindi na mauulit." She sobbed.

Zen, being the sympathetic guy that he is, pat her head and smiled ruefully at her. "Okay lang, salamat sa pagsauli, Jill."

"Yeah, and next time, wag kang mang-stalk. Pwede mo naman siyang lapitan at kausapin. Monggoloid naman siya e." Shin comforted her with a laugh.

Which Zen didn't like by the way.

Everyone inside the classroom who's watching us clapped in awe and showered us with praise.

I bowed gleefully and the three of us got on our separate ways.

We didn't see each other after lunch. But the not-so-coincidental meeting after school happened.

I greeted them but I walked past them. So I mentally smirked when the three of them followed me.

That's right my victims. Do as I say.

"Uhm, Lazaro, salamat kanina." Zen said, catching up on me.

"No prob. Besides, you owe me." I smirked.

"I know." He scratched his head. "Bitbitin ko bag mo."

I smiled at him and gave him my backpack.

"Rindelle-senpai! Gusto ko malaman kung paano mo nagawa yung kay Jill kanina!" Shin shouted while skipping steps trying to keep up with me and Zen. She has her suspicions about me. I smirked at the thought.

Binilisan ko ang paglalakad ko. And grinned widely. That's right just follow me, get interested, be curious about me.

"Lazaro, ang sabi mo may—"

Ken hasn't finished his sentence when we all heard a screeching noise. How misfortunate of me, I was crossing the road when a truck let out a hideous sound. According to my calculations, the driver of the truck didn't see us coming and from the looks of it I'm going to die when it hit me.

I'm joking. Because as Sherlock Holmes once said: 'The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.'

I'm going to die. Not.

"Rin!"

"Lazaro!"

"Rindelle!"

It all happened so fast. The only thing I remember is that I was hugged by Zen in the middle of the road so we were both crouching. Ken is splayed out in front of us. Standing like freaking Jesus or Moses when he opened a path in the ocean and Shin jumped to protect me too.

But then the truck stopped. Before it hit Ken, the truck, stopped.

Ken suddenly dropped to his knees and vomited in the middle of the road. Zen cried like a lost child while hugging me. Shin looked shocked so she's dazing off and staring at nothing.

"Ayos lang ba kayo?" Nag-aalalang tanong no'ng truck driver.

I for one, nodded at him without saying a word. We could've all been dead. But we're not. So I stood up, grabbed the three of them by the arm and ran as fast as we can just to get out of there.

We heard the driver shout at us if we're really okay.

We're okay, just shocked.

We're alive.

All that running lead us in front of McDonalds.

Ken pulled his arm off me and grabbed his hair. "Fuck! What the fuck just happened?! My body moved on it's own!" He screamed.

"Hindi lang ikaw Ken!" Zen shouted with the same volume as with Ken.

"My name is not Ken!"

"Tangina! Muntik na tayong mamatay!" Shin shouted as well. "Ang astig no'n!" She added.

"The hell?! I-I never would've thought I'd be capable of risking my life to a person I don't even know!" Ken still shouted. Shocked. Then he looked at me.

"It was over the moment I realized it." Zen stated, bewildered. "Ang nasa isip ko lang kanina 'punyeta anong ginagawa ko?!' "

Then they all paused. Nagkatinginan kaming lahat, then we all laughed.

Yep, we're laughing our assess off in front of McDonalds as if we weren't gonna die earlier. As if we knew each other very well, wait that's an understatement. I knew them well before I even talked to them. Hooray me!

"It's my fault. I'm sorry." I interjected seriously.

"Hindi man namin alam ang nangyari pero masaya kaming ligtas ka, Lazaro." Zen sincerely said.

"Rin. Just call me Rin." I smiled at them. "Thank you, for saving me."

They all smiled warmly at me.

I mentally smirked. That's right, trust me. Offer yourselves to me. Risk your life for me.

Napagkasunduan naman naming apat kumain sa McDonalds bago umuwi.

I'm on my way home when the truck earlier stopped in front of me.

"Bata."

I smirked at the driver. "Thanks." Then I pulled out a bag of money and hand it over to him.

"Kakaiba ka bata." Pailing iling na sabi ng driver.

"I know right?" I grinned cheekily at him. "Don't mention this to anyone, okay? Mostly those three." I warned.

"Oo, salamat." He said before speeding away.

I walked again and when I'm almost at home, I saw that girl standing in front of the gate of my house.

"Lazaro."

"Here you go!" I energetically said and handed her the project that I did for her.

"Kumpleto 'to?" She asked checking the folder.

"Who do you think I am?" I said and raised my brows.

She grinned at me and tapped my shoulder. "Sabi ko nga e. Salamat."

"No. Thank you." I replied.

"Pwede magtanong? Not that I care pero bakit kailangan kong umarte ng gano'n kanina?" She confusedly asked while holding the folders as if they were her most treasured belongings.

I smirked at her and walked inside my house.

"Pleasure doing business with you, Jill." I waved my hand without looking at her.

In business, you don't ask questions, you just do what you're told. Stay being my pawn, Jill Sanchez. The girl who cared for her grades more than her reputation. I salute you.

Question, why did they try to risk their life for me?

Answer, because that's what I do.

That's something only I can do. Because I am the only person who can control my death.

I locked the door and made my way to my room.

Three down, two to go.

Let the games begin!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.3M 2.2M 44
Warning: Do not open if you haven't yet read Hell University. This is just a sequel of that book. Thank you!
Werewolf Game By L.J. Ramos

Mystery / Thriller

860 60 13
[IN PROGRESS] Categories : Survival Fiction • Mystery • Suspense • Whodunit Twenty students. Eight nights. One game host. Werewolf is a cunning foe t...
1.3K 45 5
Anybody can write a chain letter. Sa tamang salita, pwede silang mangako. Pwede silang magbanta. Kaya naman nang matanggap ng Grade 12 student na si...
82.6M 2.4M 73
Erityian Tribes Series, Book #1 || Not your ordinary detective story.