WILD // (Harry Styles)

By tswords

❝You drive me fucking wild,❞ he says, pulling at his hair. He moves closer again--this time grabbing me by th... More

description
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R
T H I R T Y F I V E
T H I R T Y S I X
T H I R T Y S E V E N
T H I R T Y E I G H T
T H I R T Y N I N E
F O U R T Y
F O U R T Y O N E
F O U R T Y T W O
F O U R T Y T H R E E
F O U R T Y F O U R
F O U R T Y F I V E
F O U R T Y S I X
F O U R T Y S E V E N
F O U R T Y E I G H T
F I F T Y
.
?
WEAK

F O U R T Y N I N E

107K 3.1K 5.2K
By tswords

CHAPTER 49

HARRY

The ambulance drove out into the distance, while I was forced to stay behind and talk to Yang about what happened. When we were done, she drove Niall, Michael and myself to the hospital, where I had to spend 13 hours in total wondering if she was going to make it or not. The doctor came out of the OR and told us that she had lost a lot of blood, and that only time will tell if she's gonna survive.

I held her hand for 2 straight hours. I stared at her closed eyes, praying for her to be ok. She was prepared to sacrifice her life to save mine.

I kicked Niall out of there once we got to visit her. There was no way I was going to let him look at her, touch her, be near her... Even till this day, I'm so angry. I don't think I've ever felt so betrayed and infuriated.

But I'm able to ignore it, because at the end of the day... I am able to look at her, touch her, be near her every day. Not him.

She smiles at me, pushing off the duvet. We are supposed to remove the bandage on her stomach today. I'm still amazed with how well she is dealing with all of this, she has yet to complain about anything. She got out of the hospital about 2 days ago, and I've been taking care of her since then. She stands up, then sits down on my lap.

"Careful," I say.

"Y'know I'm not made of glass, right?" She assures me, giving me a kiss. Ever since she remembered me, I haven't been able to kiss her properly. I can't help but smile whenever her lips touch mine.

I frown for a second when I'm reminded of the coffee on the bed side table.

"You didn't want coffee, did you?" I question, a growing suspicion entering my mind. She grins, giggling to herself.

"Nope," she shakes her head, wrapping her hands around my neck. I place my hand on her thigh, the other on her back, bringing her close to me.

"I figured at least one of us should get some fresh air, we've hardly stepped foot outside in a week," she frowns at me, pressing her forehead against mine. That's true. Even at the hospital, I stayed by her side constantly.

"So what? I like taking care of you," I shrug. I close my eyes for a second, savoring this moment right here. Two weeks ago, I would've never imagined this to happen. Claire is in my arms again, and we love each other. Claire is my girlfriend.

She moves her hand to my chest, resting it calmly, feeling my heartbeats. She gazes deep into my eyes, placing her other hand on my cheek, her thumb stroking just beside my lips.

"Then... take care of me," she breathes. Warm waves of lust grows deep within me, compelling me to touch her waist, feeling the power that comes from holding her.

"Claire..." I whisper, fighting the urge to rip her clothes off.

We haven't been intimate in more than a month, and it is driving me crazy. But the bullet wound hasn't healed all the way yet, and the doctor said to be careful... I just don't want to hurt her.

"Harry, I want... you," she complains, putting her leg over the other side of my lap, facing me. My heartbeat gets out of control when I feel her grind slightly, but something makes me back away.

"Harry, it's been a month!" she nags, and I find it so fucking hot that she wants me this much. But...

"I want it to be perfect," I say. She crosses her arms, making me smile.

"When we are together, it is perfect," she says, moving close again.

"Go out with me tonight," I suggest. She smiles widely at me, kissing me again. Things are slowly getting back to normal. We spent a month being tormented by Niall and Zayn, and now that things are returning to how things were before... I couldn't be happier.

The first night we spent at the apartment, I finally had her in the same bed as me. When she stayed at the hotel with Niall, I slept on the couch. I couldn't stand the thought of sleeping in this bed without her. I actually resented going to sleep. Because all I wanted to do was experience her. Look at her, talk to her, kiss her, touch her... But she passed out after I kept her up for a few more hours than I should've.

"I'd love to, if it means getting into your pants at the end of the night," she blurts, tugging at my pants. My eyes widen, and I laugh slightly, caught off guard by her comment. She starts giggling, leaning her forehead against my chest.

"Wear your purple shirt," she says as she recovers from her outburst of laughter. She kisses me again.

"Why?" I ask, my whole body tingling from her lips.

"Because... I want us to match."

I stare at myself in the mirror, drops of water rolling down my body. I just got out of the shower, and now I'm looking at the ridiculous grin I can't seem to wipe off.

She was just in here before me, and it smells of her perfume. She took off the bandage that was wrapped around her waist, and it showed the small stitched up wound. It will become a small scar. A sexy as hell one.

That is all that will be left on her skin from this wild time. All the challenges she faced, what she lost... it all resulted in a small scar, just below her chest.

I put on cologne and dry my body with a small towel, before wrapping it around my waist. I get out of the bathroom, and into the bedroom and I realize she isn't there. I walk straight out, and into the living room, the kitchen...

She isn't there.

"Claire!" I shout.

"What!" She yells back from my office, and I lean back on one of the stools that rests beside the counter. She walks out, with a confused look in her eyes.

"I- I'm sorry, I just- I thought you were..." I say, a bit out of breath. She walks up to me quickly, hugging me tight.

"I'm right here," she whispers into my ear, calming me.

"I'm right here," she repeats, and I feel my heartbeat slow down again. I take a deep breath, and I hold her close.

"I'm here, and I love you, and I'm never leaving you ever again," she insists, and I feel a tinge of guilt as she presses my body against hers. There are episodes where I panic like this, at the smallest things. She repeats that exact sentence till I calm down, and I don't know when I won't be paranoid like this. I just... lost her so many times.

"Now go get dressed, we're gonna miss the dinner reservations you made," she says, slapping my bottom on top of the towel. I walk to the bedroom, resenting leaving her embrace. I put on my purple shirt, black dress pants and black dress shoes to match. This is our first date in weeks, and tonight is a special night.

I get to the closet, opening it up. I'm reminded of when I had to move most of my clothes into the office, since Claire and Michael were staying in this room. Even small things like that devastated me completely. To think that we are getting back to normal... I can keep my clothes in here, I can take her hand whenever I want to, I can love her knowing she loves me back.

I hear the shower start running again, and I regret already putting my shirt on. I could've hopped in there with her. I get to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water before sitting down on the couch, overlooking the city, as the color returns. The trees are green again. Greener than the grass.

I don't know what I would've done if I lost her. Claire told me that Zayn wanted revenge because he was deranged enough to think that he didn't assault her that time in California, and that I pushed her to tell the media. She told me that he wanted me to end my own life.

And he almost succeeded, too. I sat right here in this spot, with a gun pointed at my head. Claire woke up just in time, and I have a feeling she was meant to. We are meant to be together.

"Hey there handsome," she surprises, placing her hand on my shoulders. I look back, and I see her in a white robe, with her hair all wrapped up in a towel. She leans her head over my shoulder, exhaling heavily. Her cheek presses against mine, as we both stare out the window.

"You ready?" I ask her, turning to kiss her forehead.

"I just have to get dressed," she smiles, kissing me on the lips.

"Ok hurry," I smirk, slapping her bum as she climbs off the couch. She lets out a laugh before holting, turning around to me.

"Why did you make reservations so early?" she asks, her brows furrowing. I glance at the clock, and it's no more than 17:00.

"You'll see," I smirk.

"Help me?" she says after a few seconds pass, and I smile widely.

"Of course," I jump off the couch, already getting butterflies as we walk to the bedroom. My breath hitches and I stop in my tracks when I see the purple gown laying on the bed.

My mind immediately travels back to when I saw the casket laying on the bed, and I had to open it to see Claire's lifeless face. Her lips pale, her eyes closed. I'm brought back to reality when I feel Claire tug at my arm, then placing her hands on either side of my face. I look into her eyes, reminded once again that she is here. And that she loves me.

There are so many negative memories tied to that dress. She was wearing it the night we met Zayn, when I found her dead, and the date we went on after she forgot me. The last wasn't necessarily a bad memory, but I always had in mind that she didn't love me like she used to. And now she does.

If I had lost Claire, the dress would be the first thing to go. I wouldn't have bared having it near. But now that she is mine again... I want to see it on her. Zayn is gone. He is in our past.

She walks over to it, gently lifting it off the bed by the shoulders. She tucks her feet through the top of it, sliding it over her smooth legs, up her torso. I watch with awe, the purple satin shining in the dim light. Before she slides it over her torso, I see the small red mark on her stomach, so I walk over and kiss it. She looks down on me, giving me the sight of her smile. I get up to my feet, and I kiss her, as I lift up the dress all the way.

"Zip it up?" she smirks, turning her back towards while moving her hair out of the way. I can't help but gulp as I approach her, because I'm brought back to when I gave her this. It was back in California, and we had just began seeing each other secretly. It was riveting, but also annoying that I couldn't kiss her, hold her, touch her whenever I wanted to.

"There," I say when done, and I kiss the base of her neck.

"You are beautiful," I breathe as she turns around again.

"Surprise," I say as I open the car door, and we step out onto the ground, the wind brushing softly against us. Her mouth falls agape when she sees the private jet.

"What is this!" she squeals, taking a few steps towards it. She looks back at me, and my heart fluters when I see her smile. I remain silent, walking up to take her hand and lead her inside. Her eyes don't leave me, the hazel in them brightening up the otherwise dark surroundings.

"Harry, wait! Where are we going?" She asks as we both sit down opposite each other on the right side of interior. She grabs my arm, and my silly smirk nearly caves.

"It's a surprise! I know how much you hate them, but you are finally well enough to leave the apartment, and the doctor said you could fly after a week, so here we are! I'm taking you somewhere... special," I say, and she rolls her eyes before smiling at me. She leans over, giving me a kiss as I sit down next to her. I put my hand on her thigh, squeezing gently as the plane starts moving

We're soon up in the sky, overlooking the tall buildings, and I revel in the joy of seeing Claire's eyes wide, full of... pure happiness. It has been a long time since her eyes were that full of joy. And I like to think I had something to do with that.

Niall told me so many times that I was no good for her... But he was wrong. I am. This is the proof, right here. Claire is happy with me. Niall is the one who betrayed her, and made her more miserable than anyone.

"This is amazing... You're amazing," she says, as I see the city lights reflect in her eyes.

"Anything and everything for you." I speak. It's true. I would do anything and everything for her. After several hours, she is starting to get impatient. In a cute way, of course.

"Can you just tell me? I'll still act surprised," she shrugs, making me laugh.

"Be patient, it'll be worth it," I say, putting my arm over her shoulder. She leans down on my chest, as we continue to watch the clouds, lit up by the lights below them.

I wanted to book a plane with a bed installed in the back like I did when we first moved to New York, but there were none available. After this evening is finished, I can't wait to go to bed with her. I've waited long enough.

The plane ride is over before we know it. Time passes me quickly whenever I'm with her. Sometimes I wish time would slow down, so I could appreciate all the small moments with her.

We walk out of the plane, and Claire's eyes widen when she looks around, at the city.

"Are we... In California?" She almost whispers, making me put my arms around her, over her shoulders as she takes one step down towards the ground.

"Yep," I say, kissing her temple.

"Harry, you are officially driving me crazy," Claire exhales, leaning back in her seat. We are in a car, and I've been driving for about 30 minutes. It's currently 11 PM, and we're almost there. But I don't want to ruin the surprise.

"Wait..." she says, her body quickening as she stares out the window.

"I recognize this," she breathes, her eyes squinting. I park the car just in front of the grass, shutting the engine off. My heart is pounding with excitement. I can't wait to see her reaction when she sees where I brought her.

I walk around the car and open the door for her, taking her hand as I lead her down the narrow path between the trees. I keep quiet. She inhales sharply when she sees it. All the lights, gleaming and glowing into her eyes, and... the bench, resting on the hill.

"Harry..." Claire whispers so quietly it's almost inaudible. She takes one step forward, before stiffening. She stares at the view for a few seconds, and her eyes water for a second before she turns to me, running into my arms.

"This is... amazing," she exhales, holding onto me so tightly. Ever since she came back to me, I've been praying for it to not be a dream. When she touches me, it feels so right. Like she is supposed to be in my arms.

"Claire, I brought you here 4 months ago, and I asked you to move to New York with me," I begin as she backs away from the hug. I keep a tight grip on her waist as our eyes connect, the moonlight gleaming onto her skin.

"When you said yes, it felt like... I had gotten something I didn't even know I needed," I continue, struggling to find the right words.

"And I do, I need you," I say, my voice unsteadily speaking as I lead her in front of the bench.

"When I thought I had lost you... I lost a part of myself." I shake my head lightly when I feel my eyes sting. Her cheeks redden and her eyes widen slightly as I breathe deeply.

"I told you last time we were here that I don't want to spend a second without you." I reminisce, as she places her hand on the base of my jaw, stroking my cheek with her thumb.

"I can't promise you that I will be perfect, or that I will never disappoint you," I bob my head down, remembering the countless times I've seen disappointment and pain in her eyes, knowing I've caused it.

"But I do know that you make me better."

"I will protect you with all I have, I will support you with everything you do, and I will love you with all that I am." I breathe, and she lights up as I slowly put my hands in the pocket of my jacket, pulling out the small velvet box I have held onto ever since she went missing.

"Claire Tomlinson. What I want more than anything, is a lifetime of loving you, so..." I say, getting down on my knees.

This may be way too soon. But I don't care. I thought I could wait. I thought I could stand Claire just being my girlfriend, but all that time apart made me realize I want Claire to become fully mine. And I hers.

So I open the velvet box, watching her eyes intently as her eyes lock on the ring inside of it.

3 8 15 15 19 5

A/N

Heyy guys did you like this chapter?!

There is only one chapter left I cannot believeeeee ittttt!

My thoughts and love goes out to Manchester, and all the people involved in the terrible tragedy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 82 30
"No, no. No talking little bug, this is the part where you listen" he cuts me off before I can finish. I'm disappointed in myself for complying to hi...
2.6K 35 10
Alternate universe where all one direction boys are just normal guys in their 20's. They've been friends for years and they love spending time toget...
Insecure By Shyla

Fanfiction

1.6M 47.2K 107
Sara Andrews has always had image issues but now that she's a senior in high school everything seems to be falling apart around her. When she finally...
618K 21.1K 25
❝Don't ever try to get near me! I don't wanna see you.❞ Harry had slurred in his face looking him in the eye. ❝I-I don't understand,❞ Louis managed t...