Forever Yours

By Sonaij123

Serei's human...I know what you're thinking of course she's human! Well, Peter's a ghost. Spirit to be exact... More

Prologue. MUST READ!
Chapter One: Peter
Chapter Three: Peter's final regret?

Chapter Two: Kyle

6 0 0
By Sonaij123

Hey everyone! How are you liking it so far? Well it's about to get better, XD (i think :P) ppls comment it really helps, and improvements if possible. Cheers 

Kyle Watkins is only ten yards away from me, looking down a street.

                What should I do? It going to be terribly awkward if he and I were to meet now. For me at the very least. I look around, the place we’re in is very open. There is no way I could escape in time without going unnoticed. As I fret, time ticks on and Kyle senses a presence. The moment his gaze is on mine, my mind is searing with panic and excitement, each steps he ascends towards me my heart goes unbelievably berserk. Everything seems slow-motioning, but it wasn’t until he was right in front of me did I realise his journey was short.

               What’s he going to say? Has he already forgotten or pushed the confession right to the back of his head? Of course, he must’ve. But why is he here?!

                Then, he takes me by surprise by gently planting a kiss on my cheek. That was it for Serei Taylor.

I can hear his beautiful voice of concern as I slowly tumble thinking, if am to die now, I’d be more than happy. But I feel awfully ashamed and guilty for making him worry, so I decide that no matter how much I want to stay in this position with his arms around me, it’s prudent I give him any sign that I was ok.

“Sere! Sere! Oh man!” I open my eyes and see him clearly annoyed with himself for some reason. Scratching his head . . . the way Peter does.  

                I jump back to life and yell, “Peter!!!”  he grins evily and sticks his tongue out, “Oops.” He says. It didn’t make any sense, this is Kyle in front of me, there’s no doubt about it. But this is also Peter and I know it is. And I can feel him holding me.

“how can you do this?! I never knew you could shape-shift? And how on earth did you? You’ve never seen Kyle before!” Or have they? Or just Peter in his case. Hang on . . .

Peter smirks. “ I didn’t.”

Holy crap! He didn’t!

“I possessed him.”

                “You what?!”

                “I possessed him.” he says again.

                “Peter!” I say, “You’re barking mad!” It takes so long to glare him out of Kyle’s body that when he does he leaves, he had already took three kisses and hugs from me, and held my hand quite a lot. For some insane reason, I actually let him. Is it because he’s Kyle? Or . . .

I realise it’s close to late evening when everything is returning to normal. I’m scared Kyle would find out when Peter leaves him, though he all but collapses unconscious. We take him back to his house, and when I say we, it’s really me who’s doing all the work. I have to carry him all the way since Peter can’t touch him, and he is pretty darn heavy. We leave him with his sister Claire who is hysterical and wants to call the doctors. I tell her that it’s ok, that he just needs sleep. She is relive but still decides to call the doctors and thanks me for helping Kyle. And after we leave, I don’t see Kyle anymore, although I don’t really want to. Not after what’s happened. It makes me really uncomfortable. And I still can’t get over it.

One day I’m coming back home from town from the hairdressers. As the bus stops at one of the stations my mobile goes off, my eyes lock on to the recipient; it’s Kyle. 

Under regular circumstances, I would have been absolutely thrilled then end up making a fool out of myself over the phone. Instead, I dismiss it with a sigh after remembering the incident with Peter, Not long, it rings again. This time it’s a text; same person. It’s not as if I have to answer?

Wats up? Look left.

There he is, waiting in the queue to get on the bus, his piercing blue gaze is fixed on mine before I had his. The strange thing was, he’s looks seems hard. The vehicle starts moving right after he takes a seat beside me. We manage a simple greeting. After some time of hearing the roar of the engine running along streets, he finally turns to me and says, “Do you really hate me so much? I’m hurt the way you ignored my call just like that.” He breaths a smile that always takes my breath away.

“No!” I reply, shocked. There’s no way I could hate him, and he knows it, I told him. Now I’m hurt. But I quickly hide it, and say, “No, there was just . . . something on my mind.”

“Something on your mind.” He repeats, shaking his head as if he’s not totally convinced.

“Yeah, something . . .”

“About what?” That gets me stuck, but before I could come up with a good excuse he says, “About . . . the other day?“ I immediately turn to him, “What other day?”  

He takes a deep breath as if to prepare for something terrible. I'm not prepared for it. “That day when . . . I got possessed.” He emphasises that last word, directing them to me.

 The effect was immediate and I literally stopped breathing. My attempt of denial fails, he remembers everything.

He starts talking in a fast and desperate way. “I knew something was insanely wrong when my body stopped moving from my will, with it all of a sudden acting on its own,” he pauses, slowing down, then takes a minute to stare around uncomfortably. “And then I saw you.” He’s looking up at me, “I thought I was going to hurt you.” There was another pause, before he his rapid speech comes again. “and when you fainted, it just proves my terror . . . then you . . .” he trails off . . . as if he couldn’t take it anymore.

He takes a deep breath to composes himself, I’ve never seen him so upset, and it’s making me feel upset too, it’s awful. Really awful.

“I want an explanation,” he says a few moments later. “No. I need one.”

No doubt I owe him— or rather Peter owes him —the truth. The least we can do it let Kyle in. The secret’s leaking anyway, and there’s no possible way to bring it back together. If only Peter could erase memory. Wait . . . could he?

                Kyle’s still waiting, patiently. But explanation won’t be short or easy, no, it won’t be. And definitely not here, not on the bus, besides there’s not enough time. Although I’d rather keep him out of this, it’s not simple and it’s like he said, insane. If there’s an option I’ll be more than willing to try it. even if it means I’ll have to lie to the one I love.

                “Next time,” I say. “I promise.”

                The bus stops at my station.

                “I can.” says Peter, when I return and explains the situation. He’s lying on my bed, listening and answering.

                “So you’ll do it?” I ask, somewhat relive.

                He thinks for a moment then turns this way, “Do you want me to?”

                “Yes!” I reply quickly, wasn’t it obvious? It was the very reason why I asked if he could do it.

                “Are you sure? You’ll lose your connection, your only reason you could properly talk to him like you did today.” He was right, I’ve never had a proper conversation with Kyle before. Not like today, and especially not when I confessed. I only told him that I liked him then ran off, that wasn’t really a conversation at all. I really liked it. It made me really happy that I could ever talk to him face to face, and he worried about me. I thought I was going to hurt you . . .

                “See,” I look suddenly to see Peter is by my side. “You’re not sure.” I don’t know if it’s just me, there seem to be a hint of anger, irritation. But I quickly dismiss it.

                “No! I am sure!” I protest immediately. Of course I’m sure, how can I not be. I can’t drag him into this. “Please Peter, please.” I want to grab his arm, but of course I won’t be able to. So instead, look into his caramel eyes pleadingly, practically begging.

                Peter considers. Then nod. I jump up in the air and thanks him a million saying he’s the best, and he sort of blushes I think. Now we can leave this behind us, leave it behind us.

                Peters smiles and sighs, “I can’t ever go against you.” He reaches out to me as if to caress my face but stops half way.

                There is pain his face, and I could hear in his voice too. “I hate life. Even though I’m already dead.” He withdraws and leaves the room.

Chapter Four is coming up today as well about at 4:00, just to let everyone who likes this know, ^^ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...