The Only Magic I Need

By turdckekskkskes

"I pulled my head a little further back, so I could see the rest of his face. Draco started to slowly close h... More

Chapter One: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter Two: Quidditch Tryouts
Chapter Three: The Apology
Chapter Five: Ron's Return
Chapter Six: Cheater Cheater
Chapter Seven: Eyes Wide Open
JUST FOR FUN <3
Chapter Eight: First Date
Chapter Nine: Stolen
Chapter Ten: The Posion of Christmas
Chapter Eleven: Aftermath
Chapter Twelve: Rita Skeeter
Chapter Thirteen: Obliviate
Chapter Fourteen: Forget Me Not
Chapter Fifteen: Finding You
Chapter Sixteen: Golden Fields
Chapter Seventeen: OWL's
Chapter Eighteen: Last Day
Chapter Nineteen: Hogwarts Express

Chapter Four: Midnight Kiss

14.1K 432 235
By turdckekskkskes

I tapped my quill annoyingly against the wooden desk in my room as I tried to finish my charms homework. My quill made loud scratching as I quickly wrote down the answer to question number 59.

"Could you turn that quill down!?" Ginny bagged. Ginny, Neville and I were studying for the charms test tomorrow.

I turned around to face Ginny.

"You can't turn down a quill!" I grinned.

Ginny smirked as well, though her freckily cheeks were flushed with a bright pink. Neville laughed. I looked hard at Neville for a minute.

"You like Luna, don't you Neville?" I asked.

Neville looked up from the book, his cheeks even more of a bright pink than Ginny's.

"Wha- what?" Neville stuttered, "I-I don't like Loony Lovegood, ha ha. Good-good one Her- Hermione! ha ha..."

"You're not fooling anyone, Neville," Ginny said causally, not taking her eyes of the charms text book, "So just admit it."

Neville looked around horrified.

"You can tell us," I said honestly, "We'll keep your secret."

"Yeah, we will." Ginny said, her mouth filled with Chocolate Caludrons, which made her seem less trustable. But Neville gave in anyway.

"Yeah," He whispered.

"What!?" Ginny said loudly, leaning in as if she couldn't hear him. I smirked at the silly sight.

"I like her..." Neville admitted.

"You like who?" I asked, grinning broadly.

"Luna," Neville said sheepishly, "I like Luna Lovegood!"

Me and Ginny cheered. I spinned around in my chair.

"The truth comes out!" I call.

"He has admitted it!" Ginny yelled to my ceiling, "I we finally know for sure!"

There was three loud bangs on my door.

"What's going on in there?" Draco called through my door.

"Nothing!" We all call out in sink.

I slowly walked out into the common room an hour after Ginny and Neville left. It was quite late, around midnight, I suppose. The common room was dark and Draco was sitting on the couch, looking at the fire.

"Hey!" I say, walking closer to him.

He didn't not answer. I walked around to see his face. What I saw shocked me. He was crying. Like, actual crying. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal to you, but to me it's huge! I've never seen Draco cry before.

I sat down beside him and laid a hand on his shoulder.

"Draco, what's wrong?" I asked.

Draco grabbed a copy of the Daily Prophet and shoved it into my arms. I carefully read the article Draco was pointing at.

"Earlier today, Lucius Malfoy, former death eater and one of the helpers of You-Know-Who's rise, has been sentenced to death by the Minister of Magic himself, Kingsley Shaklebolt. Newer aurors had undercovered more events Malfoy had takin part in. He will be beheaded on November the 10th, at 8:30 Am in Azkaban prison, cell 45. Giving you the lastest, Rita Skeeter is out once again.

I gasped when I finish reading it.

"Oh my goddness, I am so so soo sorry Draco!" I cried, grabbing his hand.

"Look at the date." Draco whispered, "On the paper."

"October 28th, so?" I asked after reading it on the paper, "What about it?"

Draco stood up and ran a hand through his white blonde hair. He sighed loudly.

"When was my mother going to tell me?" Draco asked, looking down at me.

I slowly rised and walked over to him.

"I don't know.." I started.

"Why wouldn't she tell me?" Draco yelled, "I'm his son! I know, he's done a lot of bad things... but he's still my father! I'd like to know that he was being sentenced to death..."

I slowly backed up until I hit the wall. Draco was really angry now. But he had a reason to mad. His father was sentenced to death four days ago and his mother hasn't sent a little letter  to tell him. That's pretty awful.

"Maybe her letter got lost..." I suggested.

"It didn't!" Draco snapped, quickly stalking over to me.

I looked down at my shoes, I could feel him near me. I looked up into his pale face. The light made his features look darker then usual. I coward at the angry look in his eyes, scared for what he might do to me in all this anger, frustration and confusion. I could only imagine how he was feeling inside. I would feel horrible.

Draco smacked the wall on either side of me. He had me cornered. No way of escaping even if I wanted to. I could feel his breath on my lips. The monster inside me that once wanted to attack the boy standing less then 10 inches away from was now purring, begging him to come closer.

Draco was breathing hard now, as was I. I forced myself to look up into those large, lovely, stormy grey eyes. I quickly mositened my lips. That's when it happened. Draco's lips met mine and the rest of the world went away. His lips were furious and controling against mine, it sent goosebumps down my back and arms. I finally closed my eyes, although the beautiful image of Draco was still visable. His thin lips, pale face, gorgeous eyes, and strong body. The monster inside me seemed pleased. More pleased then it ever had been. Mine and Draco's lips went in sink, flowing back and forth. It was perfect beside the little nagging in the back of my head trying to remind me of something, but I pushed the thought back and focused on my lips.

Draco placed both of his hands on my face. One was cupping my cheek and the other keeping my head in place. My hands slowly went up his torso to his neck, where both my arms hung. My body aced for more, and I pushed Draco's head closer to mine, eliminating any remaining space between us. His chest met mine and I could feel his heart beating, and I hoped he coudln't feel the fast racing of mine. I felt Draco's tonge feel the edge of my lips, asking for entry. That's when the thing nagging inside of me came forth, and I understood what it meant. I placed my hands in front of my chest and pushed outwards. Draco stumbled back, looking at me confused.

"I'm- I'm sorry." I stuttered, slipping away from him, "I- I just can't."

I ran out of the common room, warm fresh tears flowing down my face. I slammed my door and jumped onto my bed. I had just kissed Draco Malfoy, I just kissed Draco Malfoy! And what made it even worst is that I already have a boyfriend! Ron! What would he say if he found out!? He would probably break up with me... Which wouldn't be so bad since I've been thinking about breaking up with Ron sometime now and it's time to take action.

I rised off my bed and took out some parchament, a quill, and a small pint of ink. I started to quickly write a letter to Ron, tearing's splashing on the parchament;

"Dear Ron,

I am so sorry, but I believe it's best if we went our sperate ways. We just don't connect like we used to... you should move on from me now. We can still be friends, I hope. I really do miss you. I love you.

Love Hermione."

I folded the quill and walked over to my window. I placed the letter on my nightstand. I will send the letter to Ron tomorrow night.

I slowly got into my bed and curled up in a small ball. As I was lying there after hours, I heard Draco walk up to my door.

"Goodnight, Hermione." I heard him say in a chocked sort of whisper.

More tears seemed to flow from my puffy red eyes. I ended up crying myself to sleep that night.

"You didn't!" Ginny cried.

Many people hissed Ginny to quiet down, including me. We were in the library during our free period. I had just told her about me and Draco's little dirty secret.

I nodded at Ginny. Her jaw fell to the floor.

"Oh my!" She squealed, "So cute!"

"I cheated on Ron, Ginny! That is not cute!" I whisper yelled at her.

"No, you and Draco arn't dating ("not yet" she added quickly.) So no, you're not cheating on Ron."

I considered what Ginny said for a moment. About the cheating, not about me and Draco dating!

"But still! It's not right!" I insisted, staring at my unfinished Care of Magical Creatures homework. Hagrid is having us create our own creature. With a picture of it, where you would find it, it's dangers, and such. One year's work if you ask me.

"Hermione." Ginny sighed, cocking an eyebrow.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore." I said bluntly, gathering my things and walking away.

"Where are you going?" Ginny called after me.

"To Hagrid's!" I called back.

Many people were now hissing loudly at us to be quiet.

"Oh, shhhhh your selves!" I heard Ginny snapped behind me.

The corridor was empty as I walked to the stairs leading to the common room. The evening sun was shining through the windows, leaving an imprint on the stone floor.

"He really cares about you," A voice said behind me, "Draco."

I whipped around on my heels quickly. Pansy Parkinson walked out from behind the statue of a witch holding a baby dragon.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Draco. He really does care about you." Pansy repeated, coming alarmingly close.

"How do you know?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her.

"He defended you earlier today," Pansy said, becoming even closer, "When someone called you a filthy Mudblood, like you are."

I swallowed hard.

"Is that so." I breathed.

"Yeah." Pansy said, her face inches away from mine, "And I don't like that."

Pansy pushed me on the stomach and I fell to the floor with a hard thud.

"What's your problem!" I screeched.

"You." Pansy insisted, "So stay away from Draco, and me. And I won't have a problem."

Pansy kicked my foot and stomped away. Leaving me sitting there, the ghost of her words haunting me.

                                                                  ~ Authors Note ~

I'm sorry, this chapter is not as long as the others and it doesn't have as many events as the others, but next chapter I'll try to make it more eventful and interesting. But please continue to vote and comment like you did with all the other chapters. Thank you so much and I love you all!<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.3K 696 10
One day, Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase are accused of being too dependent on one another. Believing this to be untrue, Percy and Annabeth set out...
48.1K 916 36
Percy Jackson is a rising athlete, getting national prestige for his swimming prowess. He doesn't even know how good he is, but his coaches and train...
913K 19.6K 30
Olympus has a ruling Prince named Percy Jackson, who is hosting a selection to find his perfect girl. Annabeth Chase is a small town girl who loves t...
91.5K 1.1K 24
Percy and Annabeth meet at a ball. Their parents are enemies. They meet every night. Will their love be able to grow and survive, even during a famil...