Beyond Your Imaginations

Por NatalieJewellStormHodgson

The year is 2030 and the world has evolved so much. In the war of 2012, so many human caused the annihilation... Más

Chapter 1: The raid
Chapter 3: Home sweet cave
Chapter 4: The Bunker.
Chapter 5: Nowhere is safe. Not even home.
Chapter 6: Baring my fangs.
Chapter 7: Jail Break
Chapter 8: Blood lust
Chapter 9: Jailed....Again

Chapter 2: Escape is sweet

50 1 0
Por NatalieJewellStormHodgson

New years day. Check. Pinned under a vampire. Double check. 50% chance of dying. I'll take my chances.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" He snarled.

"Dude, you just almost got saliva on me!"

Shit! Why did I say that? Mya, this is not the moment to get snarky. I told myself.

He pulled my bandana down my face so it was around my neck, giving him a good look of my face. I glared up at him and that is when I got a good look at him.

He was beautiful, like Greek god beautiful. He had a strong jaw which at this point was clenched in anger. His eyes were a gorgeous forest green with flecks of yellow in, which I assume was because he was angry. His hair was a mess of dark chestnut brown curls, which incidentally made him less scary and intimidating.

"Where did you come from?"he asked.

"My mother, I'm told." I looked up at him.

He bared his fangs at me, growling at me with frustration. Now that had me scared because it wasn't just an imitate a dog growl, this was a genuine growl that sounded like it should belong to a tiger or another large cat.

"Just tell me. Now!"

"Never!"

I moved myself so my lips brushed against his, watching his expression go from anger to shock. In less than a second he kissed me back forcefully, his hand loosening slightly on my wrist. I pulled on his bottom lip with my teeth gently, then I bit down hard. I tasted the blood in my mouth and felt him pull away but I didn't delay.

I forced my knee up, connecting it with his groin. He doubled over beside me groaning in pain, however he was still on top of me. I rolled slightly onto my side before hitting him in the side of the head with my elbow with as much force as I could muster.

I pushed him off my fully, before pushing myself up of the ground. When I was standing, I kicked him swiftly in the gut before running from the room. I ran to the stair case where I jumped off onto the ground below instead of wasting time going down them. I landed, stumbling slightly, before running towards the kitchen and out the door.

When I reached the outside, the girls had already gone which left me to find my own way back. I sprinted across the large lawn, reaching the gate where the unconscious guards were. I chuckled to myself but continued running, knowing there was little time before the vampire would have recovered.

I choose to run via the woods nearby where there was a river I could run through, hopefully allowing me to get away as it would wash away my scent. As I ran, I had to jump over roots, duck down to avoid low branches with only the moon light to guide me.

After about an hour of running, I begun to hear the trickling of water and I knew I wasn't far. I pushed myself even harder than before with my goal now within earshot. Within ten minutes of hearing the river, i burst through thicket and straight into the river.

The river was murky and grey but reflected the moonlight where it had broken through the leafless trees. I waded through with even a moment hesitation, knowing full well the dangers of a river in winter. But it didn't appear too swollen and by the time I reached the deepest part, it only went to my armpit. The water was way below the 0°c but I really didn't care so much, as long as I got away.

I climbed up the bank at the other side, the wind causing a chill to course through my body but I got up and continued running. By the time I was once again out of earshot of the river, A cold splodge landed on my cheek. I looked up at the sky where I could see a few specks of water coming down. Great! Just my luck.

Before long the rain was hammering down, impairing my vision greatly and making me even colder by the second. The bare trees offered very little protection as I continued at a unsteady jog. Bye the time I broke free of the trees, my muscles were so cold I could barely move faster than a speeded up walk.

I continued to walk until I got to an old rotten fence with the letters CE and OTAG still visible. This was the fence that ran on the outside of my Cousin's old farm, Peace Cottage. It was here that he build the underground lair underneath his bomb shelter. I Climbed over the fence and followed the old dirt road to the house.

It was a large building that had obviously been built up considering it used to be a cottage. It mainly was in disarray, with the door hanging off its hinges and the windows boarded up. But it used to be gorgeous when it was painted white, with yellow trimmings round the windows. There used to be planters under every window, with a hanging basket on either side of the front door. There was still the old tyre swing on the tree beside the house, but the rope would snap if anyone sat on it now. Of course I'd never saw it in its glory, well not that I remember, but I had been shown the pictures.

I walked around the edge of the building and went over to the old bomb raid shelter. I opened the rusting door and followed the steps down into the darkness. I felt along the walls until I reached the light switch and flicked it on. The room was dusty as it was the entrance the least used. It had 6 bed frames still here but no mattresses obviously, we use them at the actual den. At the end of the long room was a door sized bookcase full of books like Twilight, Vampire Academy and Dracula. What can I say? We have a sense of humour.

I went over and inspected each book carefully, looking for a sign. And there it was, A key to success. I pulled the book out of the shelf and opened it. Inside, Mark had cut out a hole, stuck the page together to create secret hidey hole which held the key to the door. I took the key out and put the book back. Then I looked for the next book which would reveal the key hole and handle. Ironically it was called 'the door in the wall', which mark found funny basic it was basically a map to opening the door.

I moved the book to reveal a small keyhole, which I then proceeded to put the key in and turn it. The lock popped, and the door opened slightly towards me. I opened the door fully before putting the key back, and the two books in their places.

Behind the door was a shelf full of wind up torches and a ramp that lead down to the base. I grabbed on before switching the light off in the bunker and shutting the bookcase door. I winded up the torch using the handle on the side before following the tunnel down beneath the ground.

Before long I reach the storage areas where I could already see a few busy souls unpacking our haul from tonight. I walked along there, turning right past the dining area and into the main room. There I could spot the others who were clearly agitate. Green was nowhere in sight, probably getting her head seen to.

"Morning!" I chirped, squelching my way over.

"MYA!" Red yelled, charging over to me and enveloping me into her arms.

"I'm fine Aisha, just a little wet." I patted her back.

"I was so worried, especially after what he did to Ashley." she murmured, pulling away to look me up and down. "What happened in there?"

"Do you want the long story, or short?" I smiled.

I peeled off my wet jacket the cold air hitting my wet skin like a night in deep freeze, I was definitely going to be ill tomorrow.

"Go get changed, then meet us at Mark's room, I think he needs to know as well."

"Can you tell Ashley I'm back too, I wouldn't want her to worry needlessly."

"I will, and for the record, I'm glad you're safe too." She smiled.

She gave me one last worried look before walking back towards the others, no doubt to tell them to go to Mark.

I left the main hall to the right of where I entered, following this tunnel which had little rooms off to the side, set up like bedrooms. Mine was at the end, near another entrance that only got used in summer, it was barricaded in winter to protect us from frost, snow or flooding. I entered into my little room, with a beaded curtain hung up for privacy.

All rooms and corridors were supported with wooden beams that Marks been building long before the war. Over the years while we have been stuck here, he mined and added more rooms with some of the men.

My room was lightly furnished with a single bed and a thin mattresses; a throw cover and duvet; a handmade feather pillow; a few books I got from my older sister; a stolen painting of a lion and a necklace that hung on a nail beside my bed. That necklace was the only thing that connected me to my birth mother, but I never wore it outside of the den.

I pulled out an old oversized Men's t-shirts, with underwear, a sports bra and a holey pair of tracksuit bottoms. I peeled off the rest of my clothes, dumping them outside my room before quickly getting dressed. I went over to my necklace, gently taking it off the nail, before putting it and tucking it in my shirt. I grabbed a towel on my way out of my room to dry my hair with whilst walking back down the corridor the way I came.

Just how on earth was I going to explain that I escaped by kissing a leech. Way to do it Mya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back for chapter 2. Let me know how you liked it and don't forget to vote, comment and share to others. Please! Sorry for mistakes, I proof read myself, but I may have missed a few. Any constructive criticism is welcome, as long as it is constructive. Thanks.

NatalieJewelStormHodgson

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

178 1 17
I DO NOT OWN THE PICTURE, THE MEDIA OR THE CAUSE OF YOU NOT READING THE MATURE CONTENT WARNING. MATURE CONTENT IN THIS STORY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...
1.9K 30 22
A 15 year old girl faces the extremes starting from a young age... Abuse, mentally..physically..emotionally.. hatred, depression, suicidal thoughts...
100K 6.2K 20
They say it's the one thing that will save us, that our humanity is the one thing that separates us from them. But I'm not so sure anymore.
In 1999 t...
434 1 40
The group has to figure out how to stop the bomb before the whole town, and the people in it, explodes. But what they don't know is that it's a dive...