Artemis

By shayschiesler

Artemis Lily is a witch in a werewolf town, and it seems like she's the only one that knows that. Running fr... More

just a warning
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Willow

4

22K 817 108
By shayschiesler

I wore striped tights today with brown combat boots, a grey sweater with a lace underlay. My hair was wild around me, just the way I liked it. My eyes were the violet purple that captivated people's attention, my dimples shining out as I grinned to myself.

Time to make that dumb Alpha jealous.

I quickly rode to school, the loud sound of my engine drawing the attention of the school parking lot. I could feel the gaze of the one wolf destined for me, practically feel the burn of his eyes upon my back. I just shook it off as I stepped out of my car, my sunglasses covering my startling eyes as I turned to face the growing crowd.

I grinned and showed off my straight white teeth, waving to a human boy that dared to stand close to my body. "The names Artemis, and you are?"

He flustered a bit, his large physic showing off the muscles he obviously worked hard for. "Uh, er, I'm Josh."

I nodded as I walked around him, waving him to follow me into the school. I could feel the crackling anger through the air as I made my way up the steps, the human following close behind. "So Josh, I'm assuming you're a senior like me?"

"Ye-yeah! I'm a senior, and I play football as well." I smiled as I got to my locker, turning o face him again. He had soft features, a boyish charm to his round face. He wasn't much taller than me, only a couple of inches or so, but made up for it with the muscles along his biceps. His chocolate brown hair matched his wide doe eyes, which were currently wide and watching my every move.

"I hope I haven't taken you from your group of friends." I pointed slightly to the group of humans that had pretty much followed us inside, their whispers floating along the air in the hallway.

I could easily tell the boys were jealous by the way they kept glancing over here and puffing out their chest to show off their dominance, while the woman just glared at me. I guess this Josh guy was a well liked dude.

"No no, you're okay. I'd much rather talk to you anyway." I chuckled as I shut my locker door, his crooked grin causing me to send him one myself.

"I have history, so if you don't mind I'll see you after class." He nodded to me as I turned around, making my way to my class.

I paused momentarily when I saw a seething Jaxon in my history class, my eyebrows furrowed. He didn't have this class with me yesterday, what was going on? His anger quickly dissipated when he saw my confused expression, instead shooting me an infamous smirk that sent the girls around me swooning.

I quickly walked to my seat near Mona and Riley, facing forward to look at the whiteboard. The air was dense and awkward around us, my head finally turning to look straight to Jaxon.

"Why the fuck are you in here?" I seethed, his smirk growing as he caught on to just how angry I was.

"What, can't a wolf change his schedule for his mate?" I grit my teeth as a few girls turned to look at us, their whispering not that subtle and quiet.

"Pretty sure you fucking rejected me."

"Which reminds me, how do you know of the bond? You're human after all?"

"What bond? I mean, so what?"

"So what!? What do you mean so what!?" I bit my tongue and thanked the goddess that the teacher walked in right after he said that, setting her briefcase down with a loud thud that sounded throughout the room.

"Okay class, project time!"

-

Turns out the project was just a stupid PowerPoint over the world war, and I was in a group with my favorite people. Alpha Asshat and his Beta and Beta female. I didn't mind Riley and Mona, but Jaxon would unconsciously inch closer and closer to me.

Normally, I wouldn't bother moving away and just deal with seeing whoever the hell it was's death; but he was my mate. I'm supposed to love him and have him love me unconditionally, not see his bloody death! I don't think he noticed me moving away, mainly because of the fact he didn't realize his body was drifting towards mine, but Mona sure did.

She would raise her eyebrows every couple of seconds and look pointedly at the space I kept between us. It was at least a foot, and every inch he drifted closer I drifted farther and farther off my chair. It finally got to the point where he suddenly shifted so close I scampered away and fell onto the hard linoleum under us right in the middle of history class, his eyes wide as he looked down to me.

"Art!" Mona shouted the nickname she came up with a few minutes earlier, her body moving out of her seat faster than I could think. I gave everyone an awkward wave as I fully sat up, taking Mona's hand she offered to me.

I sat back in my seat with a red face, letting my hair fall in my face so I could pretend to hide my blushing cheeks. God this was embarrassing, and I officially hate my life.

"You okay there Art?" I grumbled back in response to Jaxon and his sarcastic tone, rolling my eyes instead of punching him like how I desperately wanted to.

"Do you have that much of a problem with touching me?" He asked innocently, Inchon closer to me with his head on his hand.

"As a matter of fact, yes." His eyebrows raised in surprise, before shooting his hand out to try and touch my face.

I shot back, narrowly missing his hand by inches. I grit my teeth, staring at him with my purple eyes. "Don't you dare, fucking touch me."

The bell rang and I shot out form my seat, my hair flying behind me as I scurried out of the room. I could hear Riley chuckling behind me to Jaxon, and something along the lines of, "'Bout time someone put you in your place."

"She's my mate-"

"You rejected her!" I could hear Mona shout, and undeniably by the way everyone seemed to stare at me, they heard her and knew she was talking about me.

Great. Awesome. Superb.

I rolled my eyes as I made my way to English, sending Josh a small smile and a wave as I made my way to the back of the class. Jaxon came in soon after, his eyes watching me as he sat across the class. I groaned inwardly, before straightening up a bit when Josh moved to sit by me at the back of the class.

He took out a sheet of paper and wrote on it quickly, sliding it to me across my table.

I know this is weird, but you know I'm not interested in you right?

I scrunched my eyebrows at him before shrugging, taking out my own pen to write back to him.

That's fine, honestly I'm just trying to make Jaxon jealous. I know that makes me sound like a bitch, but he's an ass.

He cracked a smile before chuckling, glancing up to see a furious Jaxon glaring at him.

He's jealous alright, and it's fine. Shouldn't you be screaming and demanding you know why I'm not interested?

It's not my place, if you wanted me to know then you'll tell me. I can only assume either a), you're gay, or b), you have a girlfriend, or c), you're just plain not interested.

Let's go with a.

I grinned up to him, looking back to the front when our teacher finally came in. She began to hook up her computer before pulling out a PowerPoint and grinning to us. "Now let's talk about Wüthering Heights."

-

I grinned when I stepped into the lunch room with Josh close to me, his eyes scanning the entire room. I smiled when I saw Mona waving like a mad woman and a grumbling Jaxon with Riley. I chuckled before pointing to the group to Josh, a little bounce in my step as I got to the table and a saw a fuming Jaxon.

"Josh, gang, gang, Josh." I smiled sitting down, practically feeling Jaxon's waves of fury rolling off of him. He got up and left the room quickly, his fist clenching and unfurling the entire time he walked out.

"That wasn't nice." I smirked when Josh spoke, flinching a bit at Rileys harsh gaze.

"Riley chill, Josh is gay." His eyes flickered up to me, before an amused grin came upon his face along with Mona's.

"This'll be exciting. You can't let him get killed though." I shrugged when Jaxon finally walked back in, his knuckles redder than they had been when he left.

"No promises."

-

I was running the perimeter when I felt the wolf behind me, my fingers itching as I placed runes along the tree bark. I could tell it was a female, and was high ranking, but I just didn't know who it was until I smelt her scent along the breeze.

Mona.

I gritted my teeth as I climbed up the tree, swinging my legs up as I straddled a thick tree trunk. I watched her wolf run into the clearing I was previously in, my scent changed and shifted until it was completely anonymous.

I sighed when she lay down on the ground, weighting my options. Do I tell her? Or just wait?

I wanted friends, and she was the closest thing I had at the moment. I mean, we hadn't bonded all that much, but I did invite her over this weekend to work on the project; although that included the guys. Maybe she could just stay the night...

I grumbled before standing up and leaping to the branch right above her, looking down at her blonde wolf that matched her hair. I sighed again before jumping, landing on in a crouch on the ground. She immediately jumped back, her wolf eyes widening as she stared at me.

"Mona, I know it's you." If it was possible, they widened even more before her bones cracked before my eyes and her body shifted.

I stared at her in her eyes since she didn't even bother cover her naked body, her mouth gaping as she stared at me. "What- how? How?!"

I sighed before erupting a ball of flame in my hand, running it over the tree bark. The protection rune blazed an electric blue, her eyes widening when she stared back at me.

"You know the witch your Alphas been having protect the land? I'm her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 75.7K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...
601K 15.3K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...
1.8M 50.4K 80
Artemis Terry, living in her father's pack- Emerald Guardians located on the edge of the Romanian border. Artemis was an Alpha's daughter and yet she...
4.5M 133K 46
(COMPLETED) * "Look, Mavis, you're a beautiful girl with lots of potential and I'm so sorry about this but I reject you, Mavis Anders, as my mate...