Counting the Seconds

By 1_BabyJ

{Book 2} Last time we saw Emely, she had just moved to Central City, where her life got turned upside down. N... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
"Chapter" 44
GUYSSSS

Chapter 40

69 2 0
By 1_BabyJ

"You're not my mother. Why are you doing this to me?"

"We're not doing anything to you, sweetheart. You're just so tired. Sit, Barry, sit." 

Barry sat down and sighed. "You were right all along. I haven't accepted it. Not for a second. I don't think I ever will."

Nora reached out and placed her hand on his. "My beautiful boy. You have to find a way."

Barry looked at his mother with eyes full of tears. 

"How?"

"I don't know, but I know this. What you've become? It's wonderful. A miracle even. But it won't make bad things stop happening to you. Even the Flash can't outrun tragedies the universe is gunna keep sending your way. You have to accept that and then you can truly be free."

Barry nodded. "I know. I just miss her."

He sniffled. "I miss you so much."

"What if I told you she's proud of you? And of the man that you've become?"

"Who's telling me that? The Speed Force or my mother?"

Nora caressed Barry's cheek. "Both."

Nora brought him close and planted a kiss on his forehead. 

Back in S.T.A.R Labs, they were trying to find a way to escape from Tony when Cisco realized something.

"What if Barry wasn't ready to leave the Speed Force because he didn't wanna come back?"

Barry sat on the couch as Nora held a book. 

"Do you remember this book? It was your favorite."

They began to read the book together until the end, and Nora turned to him. 

"You're ready."

Barry stood up and the shadow whooshed in front of Barry. Barry closed his eyes and when he opened them, he saw himself in the Flash suit. They merged together as one as Cisco began to vibe Barry again. Iris was going to touch Cisco's shoulder as he vibed and Barry heard Iris' voice.  

"Barry."

He stepped forward and saw her with her hand out reaching to him. 

"Come home, Barry. Emely needs you. I need you." 

Nora stood up and had a smile on her face as Barry looked back at her. 

"Run, Barry. Run." 

Barry smiled and reached for Iris' hand, letting her bring him back. 

"I'm so glad you're back, because we're about to die."

Barry was confused. "Wait. What?"

Tony knocked down the door and Barry and Iris lured him back to Cisco's workshop. Barry then used his speed to charge the magnets which helped put Tony down. Harry went to go to Jesse's side and Barry followed shortly after. Barry grabbed Jesse's hand, the electricity sparked between them, and Jesse stirred until she finally woke up. 

"Hey."

Jesse looked around. "Where's Wally?"

Barry looked at Iris for an answer.

"He's home. He's resting."

"And Emely?"

Barry looked at Harry for an answer, but he didn't want to look Barry in the eye. 

"Dad."

Harry sighed before shaking his head. 

"When the explosion went off, Wally, Jesse and Emely got out of the Time Vault and got hit. Zoom came in here and saw that you weren't there, so he thought we'd killed you. He left and when we went to check on them, Wally and Jesse were there, but Emely wasn't. We thought she'd left until we found this."

Harry went to get the mask that as part of the suit that Emely was wearing. 

"It was on the floor."

Barry held the mask tenderly as his heart sank. 

"No."

Jesse looked over at her father. "What happened to her?"

"Zoom took her."

"Em, l-"

"Don't call me that. Only my friends can call me that."

Emely was getting angrier at Jay by the second as he kept trying to convince her to join his side. 

"Emely. We've been through this, but have gotten nowhere. I need to know where you stand. I don't need an answer now. Just think about it. I'm gunna go out there and talk to my friends and you think about it. If you stay, then that means you're with me. But if you go, that means that you've chosen your friends over me instead, and I will show you exactly as much mercy as I will show them the next time we see each other. So there you have it." 

Jay took in a deep breath before pulling his mask on and walking out to his friends. 

"My brothers and sisters. I've brought us to this new world, which I lay before us defenseless, ours for the taking. The humans think that this planet belongs to them. Whose world is this?"

"Our world!"

~

Chaos had begun in Central City. 

Every single meta-human that Zoom had recruited to his side began running amuck throughout the city. The remaining police officers couldn't handle all of them at once. They decided to leave when Captain Singh got hurt, but the meta-humans wouldn't let them leave. Barry came, however, and put an end to all the chaos by taking the metas away. 

Emely was at home, mourning the loss of the beloved canine, as she began to worry if Barry was actually dead. She decided to go to S.T.A.R Labs and noticed everyone was there, minus Barry and Iris. 

"Emely, you're all right."

Her family and friends hugged her as she stared at Harry. 

"You killed him."

Hunter let go and stared down at her. 

"What?"

"You killed him! You killed Barry!" 

Hot tears began to stream down her face as Hunter held her tightly in his arms. He brought her over to a chair as Cisco noticed Barry and Iris coming up the elevator. He ran out to meet them once they got off the elevator.

"Guys, you have to come see this."

Iris was the first one in and gasped as she saw Emely sitting in the chair. Barry followed behind and his heart swelled at the sight of his love. 

"Emely?"

She looked up and through her tear filled eyes, she saw Barry. 

"Barry?" 

She sped to him, surprising everyone, including Barry. She placed her hand on his cheek and felt his soft skin against her palm, indicating that he wasn't dead. 

"I thought you were dead."

Barry shook his head as tears streamed down his face as well. 

"I'm here. I'm right here."

"Oh, Barry."

She hugged him tightly as he lifted her up and spun her around. He set her down and cupped her cheeks before crashing his lips onto hers. Everyone smiled at the sight of the couple being reunited, all except one person. Emely began to explain what had happened and what Zoom had told her and what he was doing. There was an alarm that went off and they saw that Mercury Labs was under attack. 

Harry walked over to Emely and handed her the mask for her suit. 

"Thank you."

She placed it on and smiled at Barry who was smiling at her. They both raced to Mercury Labs and saved everyone. Emely saved Dr. McGee and placed her next to Barry. 

"Thank you, Mr. Allen and Ms. Hart."

Barry and Emely shared a look. They brought Dr. McGee back to S.T.A.R Labs and took off their masks. 

"So how did you know?"

"Your real identity?"

"Yeah."

"Come on, Barry. I'm a scientist. We're paid to be perceptive. As for her, I've never seen eyes quite like hers before. The mask doesn't really cover her face that well."

They caught Dr. McGee up on everything that had happened recently, including Harrison Wells' doppleganger. Emely was running on the treadmill due to Caitlin's request. She was doing fine until she saw Zoom's face. She lost concentration and went flying back from the treadmill.

"Emely!"

Caitlin ran to help her with Alyssa in tow. They helped her up and noticed her expression. 

"Hey, what's wrong?"

Emely shook her head. "I'm fine." 

Zoom had made a Flash symbol on CCPD. Barry sped to CCPD and Emely went with him. 

"Nice to see you again."

Emely listened in as Jay and Barry conversed, Jay wanting Barry to believe that they were the same. A building started to collapse and Jay watched. 

"If I were you two, I'd let that building collapse. But that's where we're different. You both want to be heroes, and that's how I'll beat you."

Barry and Emely sped off, Jay smiling to himself like a creeper. They sped back to S.T.A.R Labs and began to discuss what they could do to stop Zoom from destroying another building. Emely was standing next to Barry when she saw Zoom's face and she let out a scream. She slowly backed up and Barry noticed. 

"Em, what's wrong?"

Emely sped home and went into the bathroom. She tried to lock it but Barry pushed it opened and held her tightly. 

"Emely, it's me. It's Barry."

She heard his voice and instantly began to calm down. 

"Barry. I see him. I see him everywhere."

"Who? Who do you see, baby?"

"Zoom."

"Shh, baby. He can't hurt you."

He petted her hair as she cried into his chest. 

"He won't hurt you ever again. I promise."

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 65.9K 56
| book one | Natalie Reed has just moved to Central City, at first, oblivious to the unnatural events in her new home. She truly feels welcomed in Ce...
82.4K 1.8K 36
"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝗼𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠." - Jodi Piscoult Cora Agápi is far from being a hero. She moved to Central City to get...
22.9K 616 25
Nora West-Allen travells back in time to spend time with her parents before everything got messed up. Her life turned upside down, her mother and fat...
44.8K 1.5K 51
Team Flash is still recovering from the emotional and physical aftershock of the black hole that tore apart their team and Central City. Little do th...