A Wheelchair Cowgirl's Story

By Officiallyheartland

Follow the journey of Hazel Taylor, a fifteen year old barrel racer. When Hazel's life is changed in a matter... More

Chapter 2: The Accident
Chapter 3: The Change
Chapter 4: Something Different
Chapter 5: Finally Home
Chapter 6: New Ways
Chapter 7: Back to the Barn
Chapter 8: A New Opportunity
Chapter 9: Back in the Saddle
Chapter 10: On a road trip
Chapter 11: Off to Canada
Chapter 12: At Heartland
Chapter 13: A morning at Heartland
Chapter 14: Trail Ride
Chapter 15: Time in the round pen
Chapter 16: Last day at Heartland

Chapter 1: Home life

3.1K 64 0
By Officiallyheartland

      Hazel Taylor, is a fifteen year old girl that lives in Montana. She's not just any girl. She's a barrel racer. Barrel racing has been a tradition in her family for years. She grew up riding horses and learning the barrel pattern. She could ride a horse before she could walk. Her dad would always draw the barrel pattern on her hand. She would memorize it, and play with her toy horses. She would move the toy horses around the little toy barrels.
      Hazel's room was full of barrel racing pictures. She had bridles and bits hanging on her bed and wall. Barrel racing was her life. She practiced and practiced. She even had a personal trainer. A trainer that would come over to her ranch everyday and train her to be a better barrel racer. Her parents had plenty of money!
    Star was her horse. Star was a professional barrel racing horse. A five year old quarter horse. Star was Hazel's best friend. Even though Hazel pushed Star hard, they was so close. Hazel got Star when she was ten years old. They had a great bond.
   Hazel's life seemed perfect, until something life changing happened.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 3.4K 52
"You are mine now!" He said with an evil look on his face. "No I'm not. I have a fiance and I certainly don't need you." I replied harshly. "You kno...
14.4K 143 41
Blake and her mother moved to a small town called River Hollow. She attends a new school and meets new people. What she doesn't know is that she has...
36.3K 1.2K 27
When Deeks is faced with some difficult situations that come up from his past he can count on his brunette partner to help him out
38.3K 1.8K 68
What if it wasn't Japan that teleported to another world, but the superpower country on Earth, America's Cold War rival that in our OTL is collapsed...