Forsaken

By newbiegac2015

"-No offence. But I thought with a last name of Goodwin? You'd have nothing but good luck." He scoffed and l... More

{ The wait is over}
Abrupt stop
Small talk, big revelation.
Black card.
Speak in code
Perfect...
Old Nevada
Building on trust
Hope for the future.
The tour
Sleepover
Cherry with Coffee
Pandora
Negotiations
No introductions needed
Room plans
Baby hands and a snappy man
Mines of the mind
Edward f*cking Cullen!
In for review
The man needs a thermostat
The Riddler
Bow chicka wo- Whos that?!
Margarita escape
The suit-clad man
Luna Labyrinth
A Cucumber Toffee
J- for Jealous
Haunted by him.
Iron Goodwin
Tinkerbell & Big Foot
Marathon
Getting out
Air full of colour
Needing him.
Three words
Making things right... Kinda
Where we are now.
Let's get out of this town.
Away from the crowd.
Fixing me
About Aaron
To be..
Reseda.
Aaron's Muse.
Informal carrot
Lunar Moon
Rollercoasters don't always end.

Out

1.1K 44 2
By newbiegac2015

Do you ever wake up on the mornings and get the feeling that the whole world is against you?

That no matter what you try and do, you always get things thrown at you from all directions until you fall?

Just me?

Well it certainly felt like it was just me as the next morning, after a terrible nights sleep, of crying and overthinking. I had a phone call from Andy, summoning me to work.

As I walked into the store with my head down almost hiding from everyone, I slipped through the warehouse and upstairs to the managers office.

Andy opened at the first knock. "Luna, you're here. Brilliant.. I uh- this is really confused me.. I, well you'll see." He got up collecting a stack of papers and some DVD's before we walked along the corridor and into the large break room.

The fun and relaxing ambience had gone. And in replacement for it, was a strict and confidential setting.

"Luna. Take a seat." A woman spoke.

"W-what's going on?" I stuttered taking a seat at the end of the 'T' shaped table.

I looked to Andy who looked as worried as me. He sat down near me shooting me a concerned glaze. There was a woman with 2 other men. All dressed in dark suits.

"We'll begin when the company director is here.." She answered. Her black bobbed hair moving in a sleek like way.

I nodded and began looking around wondering why the hell someone like me was here. Was I on some trial?

The door opened and Alec gave me a quick smile. However as I was about to ask him what the hell was happening, he took his seat, in the company directors chair.

"You can't sit there, we are waiting for the director." I announced folding my arms already bored with all this.

Didn't they understand that when women were upset with break ups, we needed chocolate, ice cream and Bridget Jones?!

"Well he has just arrived." Alec replied.

"Get another chair then?" I frowned not understanding why he had chosen that seat.

"He won't need a chair because he's already sat on one."

"Who?" I asked looking at them all.

"It's me.."

My blood emptied my face as I looked at him, my legs seemed to buckle as I sat down with a slump. "Y-you said you were a HR man."

"Well I am. I'm also the company director, now shall we start?" He asked looking at me.

I've been in bed with the company director. This is bad, I know this is really bad. Oh god I'm fired. This is why they are here!

"All matters for previous issues are to be left at the door Luna. If you need a minute." He said eyeing me.

That was my cue not to say a thing about leaving him in bed this morning when he came in at 4am to give me a hug cause I was sniffling.

"I-I'm okay." I nodded

"Excellent. Right let's get this meeting underway." He smiled folding his fingers together.

Meeting? What meeting?!

"Luna.. It has been a well known fact and issue that you have an ongoing grievance with Mark. Now I have spoken to you many times about this.. Is there anything you want to tell us?" Alec asked.

His eyes narrowed slightly almost as if he was daring me to say something.

"I- Am I in trouble?" I asked.

His face softened instantly "No. We just want you safe.. Maybe I should start from the beginning. This is Judy, she's the real HR manager. These two gentlemen are plain clothes officers. And Andy? Well if you need support."

I looked at Andy who gave me a sympathetic look. "It's time.." He whispered patting my arm.

I shook my head at them "But I don't know where to start?"

"Take us through the incident in here. The most recent." Alec guided.

So I did, I explained what happened to the point where Alec arrived. "And the bruises.." He nodded.

I had bruises on my stomach when we first met..

"He attacked me in the cloak room.. I spoke to you.." I said looking at Andy. "But he thought it was about him. He sucker punched me before kicking me in the stomach."

"Jesus." He whispered.

"Reports of bruising.." Alec commented looking at a piece of paper.

"Him. He gets angry and when he does... I'm usually the one to receive the brunt end of it."

"Andy has the footage of incidents that have happened over the past few weeks. They are on the DVDs in front of you. Now I'm gonna ask you one question Luna.." Alec spoke making me nod.

"Do you want to press charges?"

It was a question with a simple answer but a part of me couldn't answer. Why? Because I guessed that deep down I would always blame myself, that maybe I was to blame for half of the attacks. Maybe it was me in general?

I wanted him to pay for what he did.. But jail? I-

"No."

"What?!" Alec snapped looking at me.

"I- He wouldn't last 5 minutes inside a prison."

"So?!"

"Alec." Judy spoke making me look at her.

"I don't know what I want to do. I- I don't know. I'm sorry, I can't do this yet, this is all too much!" I panicked.

She gave me a small smile and moved towards me on her wheeled chair. "Luna. He has committed an offence that we can press charges for. Assault is a serious crime. I know this is all daunting and you're probably scared. But what if he is doing this to someone else? Wouldn't you say that they needed to speak up?"

"But-"

A fist hit the table making me jump "Dammit Luna! Open your eyes!" Alec snapped.

"Okay! Okay... I want him to face some justice but I don't want to go to court. I don't want that."

"Lu-"

"No! No, I don't want that and if you can't accept that then I'll just have to leave. I'm not going to court and being accused of beings a liar, I won't do it!"

"Fine." Alec growled looking at Andy.

"Plan B then."

****

I stepped out the staff room, avoiding any eye contact with Alec as I knew he was still mad with me. When Mark came from nowhere.

"What have you said?! You lying bitch!" He shouted aa the plain clothes officers escorted him along.

"I-"

Alec cut me off by yanking me out the way and pushing me behind his frame. "You're being dismissed with immediate effect from your position."

"Lets step back in here.." Judy advised taking me back into the staff room as it all kicked off in the hallway.

I looked at her alarmed at the yelling and the banging until Alec stepped back in fixing his suit.

"Well he'll have to handle prison with assault to an officer." He said coming over.

Judy stepped in front of me catching my attention, "You can change your mind on this, no matter what he was being removed from his job."

"I- I can't really think clearly at the moment." I replied sitting against the desk.

She nodded understandingly before pulling out a card and handing it to me. "Think about it."

When Judy left, I looked over to Alec who was watching me carefully.

"I should slap you so hard."

He blinked "What did I do?"

"Company director! Why did you lie?"

He sighed "Because... Because I panicked okay, you made me nervous and I kinda panicked. I was only here for a HR matter whilst Judy was away. Then I got too involved. Besides if I told you I was the company director, you would have shut me down and out instantly."

"Uh yeah! It's like an unwritten rule in every store." I answered.

"I know. But I wanted to help you, I still want to help you... If you'll let me."

I grumbled before picking up my bag and heading towards the door. "Luna? Where are you going?"

"You're buying me lunch, after the director stunt. Come on." I replied making him get us with a grin.

I planned to consume my own weight in chocolate and ice cream when I get the opportunity.

Bridget Jones will have to wait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 5.6K 110
They're back by popular demand! Catch up with Zak & Maria! The paranormal power pair are working together, living together and hanging out together...
62.1K 2.2K 46
"What do I want?" I ask sucking in a breath. Zak's eyes seem to glow, even in the low lighting. Between his body and the wall, I was finding it hard...
131K 4.7K 91
*Sequel to Splintered Hearts* ********** "Bro where you going now?" Aaron asked standing up as well. "Home." "To- to do what Zak? We need to find he...
58.1K 2.7K 66
This story will be removed on Feb 1st to make way for new work** "Come on then." He pushed annoyed at my silence. "Say it." "I don't know what you m...