Artemis

By shayschiesler

Artemis Lily is a witch in a werewolf town, and it seems like she's the only one that knows that. Running fr... More

just a warning
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Willow

1

27.9K 872 333
By shayschiesler

I gasped as soon as my hand touched the palm of the realtors, my eyes glazing over and turning the ugly white I hate so much.

He was going to get killed when an open house he hosted would be robbed, two twenty year old boys foolishly thinking they could get money from the patrons. The realtor was the only one even in the house, and accidentally tripped, causing one of the idiots to shoot him out of fright.

I grimaced as I took away my hand, giving him an awkward smile at his concerned face. Unless they're supernatural, they don't see my eyes flash the white that they do, and even if they are they only see it for a second. I usually look like I just zoned out for a millisecond, since that's how fast the vision flashed through my sight.

I shut the door behind me, staring out at all of the boxes covering the two story home I now occupied. I waved my hands around, sliding my shoes off so I stood upon the wood underneath me. It wasn't Mother Earth itself, but it was close enough.

In a flash, my boxes were unpacked and everything was in place. I heard shuffling in the woods outside my house, sighing as the smell of pine and fresh bark entered my nose.

Werewolves.

I shifted my scent the slightest bit just as the wind blew to the pack, the shuffling growing louder as they crept closer to my house. I stepped outside the glass door in my living room, take the hammock I kept out with me. I set it up as nonchalantly as I could, climbing into it as the air swirled around me.

As a witch, Mother Nature was a big part of my life, just as it was to wolves. It practically fueled my powers, so when I was away from the moon or the sun for long, I practically turn powerless. But I was a Moon witch, meaning I was especially close to those of the wolves and the Moon Goddess herself. I draw all of my powers predominantly from the Goddess and her home on the Moon, so when it's a full moon, my powers can go a bit crazy.

I came to my new home halfway through the lunar cycle, so I have a while before the full moon happens again.

I came back into my home from my hammock as the early morning sun began to rise, looking at myself in the mirror. I had dark purple eyes that always seemed to lure people in, with hair as white as the moon itself. I had the occasional rune etched on my body, a few running down my my forearms requiring me to wear long sleeves even during the warm months. My hair curled down my back in crazy frizzy ringlets that practically had a mind of its own, my chest round and my body curvy. I stood at 5'7, not too tall, not too short.

I groaned as I tugged on the worn black cardigan I kept on me at all times, making my way towards the local high school to get registered. I didn't start till tomorrow, but I hadn't even notified the small school I would be starting.

I stepped out of my Aston Martin V8 Vantage, a very expensive car that drew the attention from the teenagers around me. I ignored their gazes as I walked to the office, nodding at the receptionist. A plaque was nailed onto the door beside the door, Principal Knight. I knocked on the principals office, walking through the thick oak wood door when he called for me.

It was obvious he was the Alpha to the pack surrounding me, the power practically radiating from him. He looked at me like he was calculating me, undoubtedly from the magick radiating from me. I was one of the last remaining Lily, a powerful family that kept ourselves secret from the world around us. I had grown to be one of the most powerful in the family before my family was slaughtered by wolves, another reason I moved to this small town.

"Excuse me, who are you?" His voice was gruff with age, although he himself didn't look over 35; another perk to being a wolf.

"My name is Artemis Lily, I'm enrolling in your school Alpha." He shot up from his desk, his eyes narrowed at me.

I hated having to tell him what I was, but it was law between all supernatural. If you step within ones territory, you have to tell the leader of what you are so it doesn't cause wars in the future. I'd rather suffer through him know than end up getting myself killed.

"What are you?" He used his Alpha voice at me, earning an eye roll from me.

"That shut isn't going to work on me doggie, but I'm a Witch. I'm here because Hunters slaughtered my family, I want to be human to your pack though." He eyed me, taking over me to make sure I wasn't a threat.

"You'll be on probation before I fully accept you on my land, you understand, correct?" I nodded before reaching into my bag and pulling out my file from my previous school, placing it onto his large desk.

"Here's my file, I am to remain human to these wolves. If I find out you told anyone, I will reign hell upon your pack." He growled at me, stalking out from behind his desk.

"Is that a threat?" I gave him a small smile, spinning my finger around in a circle. In a second he was back into his seat, his bones frozen in place. I leaned over his desk while his face grew red, his wolf obviously urging to take over and kill me.

"I will help your pack in exchange for your secrecy." He visibly calmed down as he pondered over my words, before nodding his head, the only bones I had left unfrozen.

I released his body completely, watching as he stretched out his sore muscles. He grit his teeth while looking back at me, his fingers rubbing along his wrist.

"You will put up protection spells, I don't care whether it's obvious or not. I want my pack protected, we're small, but we're still powerful and sought after." I smiled as I nodded, turning around on my beat up combat boots.

"If any of your wolves mess with me, I will not be afraid to neuter them." I called out over my shoulder, smirking as he growled at me.

I walked through the halls to go towards the door when a boy rushed around the corner and bumped into me, my eyes flashing white as the vision spiraled into my head.

He was the Beta of this pack, a wolf, and he was going to die because he didn't look both ways while crossing the street. You're seriously fucking kidding me.

I looked back up when I realized he was staring at me with his eyes narrowed, obviously having seen my eyes flash. Stupid supernatural mutts.

"Uh, hello?" It sounded so awkward when it reached my ears, and I max sit even worse when I tried to smile at him. His eyebrows just furrowed deeper, causing me to awkwardly chuckle before spinning and walking away.

"Wait!" I turned back around and really took him in, his body tense as he jogged to catch up to me. He was tall, at least 6'2, with blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes. He scratched the back of his neck nervously, ruffling up his already messy hair. "I'm Riley, are you new?"

I laughed a bit before giving him a true smile and nodding, moving a piece of hair away from my vivid green eyes. "Yeah, I'm Artemis. I don't start till tomorrow though."

He grinned, showing off his pearly whites that came with being a wolf. "Well, you'll at least have your first friend tomorrow. I can introduce you to my group, they're all pretty cool people."

I nodded before looking around as he bell rang, students beginning to crowd he already small hallways. "Well, I'll see you later Riley."

I began walking when someone started shouting far behind me, shaking my head as I ignored it.

"Where is she!?" I heard a growl farther behind me, the sound of an Alpha radiating through his words. It caused me to shiver, my body practically drawing in the energy like moths to a flame.

Guess the wolfie found his little mate.

I chuckled as I stepped into my car and revved the engine, drawing the attention from the few humans standing around the front of the school. I pulled out and sped off to my home, breathing a sigh of relief when I no longer smelt wolves around my property.

I started to paint runes around the walls of my house, pouring salt along each barrier and burning sage in each room. I walked outdoors and carved runes into trees before making my way deeper throughout the packs territory, carving protection runes on the occasional tree.

I dressed in my traditional dress once the Moon rose, leaning my head back and closing my eyes to the light. The wind began howling as I chanted, spinning the dead leaves that surrounded me into a tycoon.

Light permitted from my palms as a barrier began to rise, mainly protecting the pack itself from supernatural; demons, vampires, anything under the sun pretty much. The light was a pale blue, mainly the blue of the moon, and it rose from each tree that I had carved a rune into.

I smiled once I finished, and the magick within me practically bubbled in excitement. I made my way home in the daze that using my magick gives me, pretty much flopping into my bed once I walked in.

I flipped the lights off with my powers before I yawned and snuggled deep into my comforter. I was asleep faster than I could fathom, letting the blanket of darkness wash away my stress and recharge the magick from within me.

But all I could feel was a pang of sadness as the thought of the wolf today hit me, the way his shouts sounded so desperate, I just wanted to find him and curl into him.

I just didn't know why.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 75.7K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...
21.7K 287 16
"What don't you understand? I cant have an omega as my Luna! It would be an absolute disgrace to the pack!" my mate shouted, shattering my heart to b...
10.2M 327K 49
BOOK 1 OF THE GIFT CHRONICLES ••• When the Moon Goddess created the first werewolves, she split one soul between the two of them, thus creating a per...
10.1M 349K 51
"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. Don't cry, please Han...