Finding Their Fire Within (Bo...

By Ambrosaurus_Rex

More

Finding Their Fire Within (BoyxBoy)

3.4K 51 18
By Ambrosaurus_Rex

****WARNING:

**This is BOYXBOY so it will contain things that homophobic people will not particularly like!

**Leave this page if you don't like it.

**Stay if you do ;)

A/N: Hello everyone!

I know i should be worrying about my other stories that i havent finished, BUT! I realyl liekd this idea of this story!

Tell me what you think!

This is a little different from what i usually write and er uh er uh.. i wanted to write about dragons :D

So! Just tell me if i should continue???

ALSO!!!!! I NEED A COVER FOR THIS BOOK! PM me if you can... :D i'll give you my email address and uhh make sure all the words will fit.... :k

THANKS!

Do your thang and appreciate!

Enjoy!

^^^^^^^^^

Prologue

“Sire, there has been a Macro Dragon seen in the tropical islands.” A messenger says as he rushes into the room.

It was the formal meeting room that all the kings that ruled the East, West, North, and South kingdoms had. It was equipped with pillars going up and down the sides of the room and stairs at the end of the room that ended with my chair resting on top.

I stand from my chair. “That’s the fifth one this week. What are they doing in the tropical?” I muse.

For some reason the Macros disappeared—maybe even died off. When the Macros lived they mostly lived in the East. It was where they were born and over time they migrated around the world. They evolved to suit their surroundings and their colors changed into more unnatural colorings.

Micros are more common because more humans have them as pets. They’re easier to take care of and soon enough minor kings had many of them instead of Macros. The Micros and Macros got along, but they must have had a silent understanding.

Soon the Macros disappeared altogether—except the ones that Kings of the Kingdoms had. They lived with the kings until they died. Some rumors say they are in the mountains of the kingdoms. Other rumors say that they died off after a while.

My lieutenant, Arthur, steps forward. “Sire, maybe something we don’t know about is going on. What if the Macros are meeting together?” He asks.

“Why would they do that? Is there something in the tropical that we don’t know about?” I ask, looking towards the messenger.

He nods. “There is known to be a boy living on one of the islands that lives with his uncle on a dragon farm. His uncle has many Micros born and raised on the farm and the boy has grown up with them. Apparently one of the baby dragons they raised grew up to be a Macro.” The messenger tells us.

“Maybe the Macro’s are going to the one that was born there.” I offer.

“What if the boy’s uncle is using their Macro to call the others? What if they’re doing something illegal?” one of the guards in the room asks.

My nostrils flared. “Arthur.” He straightens and looks up at me from the bottom of the stairs. “Gather up some of your officers and go to the Tropical Islands. Get the uncle and bring him back to me.” I order him.

He nods. “Yes, King James.” He says and promptly leaves the room.

++

Chapter 1        *Aaron’s POV*

“Uncle, look what Kahl did!” I yell, grinning.

My dragon, Kahl, was breathing fire onto piles of sticks that I put out for him to practice on. He was improving well and didn’t have to pause for a few seconds to find the fire within himself, like he had been doing.

My Uncle ran out of our house and saw Kahl’s progress.

“Good work, Aaron.” He says, smiling. He watches us for a few minutes. “Don’t forget to put out the fires or we might get in trouble with the town—again.”

I roll my eyes. “They overreacted.” I state indignantly and he laughs.

“Sure they did.” He chuckles and walks back into the house.

Kahl had accidentally breathed fire onto the side of the road and it made it all the way to the town before we were able to put it out.

Kahl was the first Macro I had ever seen. Uncle had always told stories about them, but even he hadn’t seen one, but he has seen the skeletons of some in the Southern Kingdom.

I grew up with Kahl and I was born just days after he was born. My mother passed away giving birth to me and my father was killed by a robber just a month before I was born. My uncle was there when Kahl was born and then hurried to one of the other islands to where I was born.

When my uncle brought me back to his farm weeks later, Kahl was walking around. Uncle tells me that when I was put on the ground, Kahl was curious of to what I was and walked over to me. He had sniffed me at first and flinched away from me when I had reached out to him. I had grabbed onto his mouth and he tentatively licked my hand.

When he realized I was no threat to him, he licked me all over. Uncle was afraid because I was so young, but then he had realized Kahl was stating that I was his and he was mine.

From that moment we were master and dragon. He learned to fly when I learned to walk. He breathed smoke when I said my first word. It’s like we’re almost one in the same.

We even resembled each other. He was a black dragon with big green eyes. I had long black hair with green eyes. I was tall and he was supposed to be large for a Macro.

I got along with the Micros, too. For some reason all the dragons I’ve met have liked me. I don’t know if it’s because I have a huge Macro that follows me everywhere I go or if they think I have food for them.

The town knows about Kahl—almost every town on the islands knows about him. No one dares to say anything, or mess with us or him personally. I bet all the kingdoms know about Kahl.

 He is the only known Macro in the world that humans know of.

I broke out of my thoughts when Kahl walked over to me and nudged me. I look around and see that he was finished. I patted his head approvingly before we went to one of the ponds.

Kahl stuck his mouth into the water and filled it up with the water. He walked around to all of the fires and put them out with the water in his mouth.

“Good job, Kahl.” I praise, rubbing his neck. He was lying down, resting from our hard work today.

I had him fly through the trees and then I rode him over the mountain and back to the farm multiple times. I just wanted him used to flying with me on his back and flying for long periods of times.

He suddenly gets up and growls low in his throat. I look up at him, blocking the sun from eyes.

“What is it, King?” I asked him, using his nickname.

He looks over the house and growls again. A thought suddenly occurs.

“Uncle!” I yell and run inside. What if danger was coming?

I walked through the house quickly and find Uncle in the living room. He looks up when he hears me coming.

“What is it?” he asks as he stands up.

“Kahl growled toward the house. I was looking for you and I was going to look out the front window.” I tell him and make my way to the window.

I see horses running our way. “Uncle, people are coming.” I tell him.

 He runs over to the window with a worried expression on his face.

As the horses got closer, I saw that it was the King’s men. It wasn’t the Southern King’s men though.

“It’s the Eastern Warriors.” He tells me, confused.

“What if they’re here for Kahl?” I ask him.

He drags me away from the window and leads me back outside. “You must hide Kahl!” he tells me and starts putting the Micros in their pens.

“Why?” I ask, panicked.

“The Eastern Kingdom is where the Macros came from. If they know of Kahl then they might want him back there. They might think they can use him to start the dragon age again.” He tells me.

He sees me just standing there and grabs me by the arms. He looks up into my eyes. “Listen to me. If something happens to me, I want you to have your Uncle Zeke to watch the farm. I want you to hide Kahl in the secret hideaway we made a few summers ago. I want you to hide behind the thick trees behind the house. I don’t want you close. You are special, you hear me?” he says.

I nod. “Good. Be a good boy and remember, don’t let anyone say you aren’t who you are,” he says and walks back into the house.

I run over to Kahl and make him get down out of sight. It was kind of hard since he was huge.

 “Kahl, I want you to fly to the hiding place, okay? Fly low and be careful.  I’ll call for you when it’s safe.” I tell him and push him towards the trees.

He looks at me worried and licks my face. I smile slightly. “I'm sorry, but we have to keep you safe. I promise I’ll be safe.” I say and he crouches, getting ready to take off.

He looks back at me one more time, pleading me with his dark green eyes for me to come with him or for him to stay. I shake my head and he takes off.

I hear the horses stop outside of the house. Thank goodness for our two story house with a tall roof and tall trees behind the house or they might have seen him.

I run to the thick trees that were behind the farm. I look back and see Uncle pushed outside. I crept closer so I could hear them talking.

“Where’s the boy and dragon?” one of the men asked gruffly.

Uncle shook his head. “What dragon?” he asks.

The man grabs him roughly. “We know there is a dragon.” He states, glaring at Uncle.

Uncle sighs. “He flew away. We don’t know why.” He tells the men.

The man lets him go and Uncle falls to the ground. “Where’s the boy?”

Uncle shrugs. “He comes and goes all the time. Ever since the dragon left he wanders around.” he says and gets up from the ground. “Now can I help you with something?”

Another man steps forward and holds out a scroll. “We have a warrant for your arrest.” He states.

Uncle’s eyes widen. “W-why?” he sputters.

“King James has reason to believe that you’ve been calling other Macros to your farm. He wants to find out why.” He tells him.

Why would they think that?

“I haven’t done anything illegal!” Uncle defends, throwing his arms up in the air.

“Sir, you might not have, but we don’t know that. Just come with us without a struggle and there will be no problem.” He says waving his hand at two men.

They grab Uncle’s wrists and put chains on them.

“Where are you taking me?” he asks, loudly.

Maybe he wanted me to hear this? I saw his eyes subtly flicker towards where I was when the man was looking away.

I nod at him and he looks back at the man as he spoke. “We are taking you back to the Eastern Kingdom for trial.” He says and they start to walk back into the house.

  ~~~~~~

 Once they left, I ran back to the house. They didn’t let Uncle leave a personal note for me. There was just a scroll that had the Eastern sign on it. It said that he was at trial for the same reasons that they had said outside.

I got one of the messenger dragons out of the pens and took him inside. I wrote a note to Uncle Zeke telling him where I was going and what happened and to immediately come and watch the farm. I attached the note the Warriors had left and attached both scrolls to the collar on the Micros neck.

I picked up the Micro and made my way through the front door.

“To Uncle Zeke.” I tell him and throw him in the direction. He calls out to his fellow dragons and flies away.

I made my way back inside and get Kahl’s whistle. I blew it and walked back outside. He flew quickly towards me from the mountain and landed clumsily, rushing towards me.

He sniffed me and licked my face, making sure I was okay.

“I'm fine, King, but Uncle’s not. The Warrior’s took him away and we’re following them.” I tell him.

He growls and I pat his nose affectionately. “I know, King. Let me go pack a bag and then we can leave.” I say and head back inside.

Uncle Zeke should be getting the scrolls by now so I was going to leave. No one dared mess with a dragon farm. The dragons don’t like intruders.

I packed a bag with a few change of clothes and money. I filled a container up with water and head back outside and tied the bag to Kahl’s back.

“Ready to go?” I ask him, climbing onto his back.

He nods and flaps his wings, lifting us off the ground. 

I wave to the other dragons as they flapped their wings. “We’ll be back.” I yell to them. King follows my lead and calls out to them.

He takes us up into the clouds. “Off to the Eastern Kingdom, Kahl.”I tell him and close my eyes as the wind blows around us.

( A/N: EEPPP!!! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!! :D )

Continue Reading