The American Dragon

Av RemedysMelody109

Melody is a girl that doesn't talk. Hanzo is a man of few words. Yet the two of them get along quite awkward... Mer

Hamanura Japan
Shopping and People
Three days
The Festival part 2
The American Dragon
Overwatch
A Close Bond
How you say?
Dragon's Eyes?
You Crack Me Up
Hear-ye Hear-ye
Can I Get Some Help Over Here?
Dying of Laughter
What Can I Say?
My Hero
Epilogue

The Festival part 1

82 1 2
Av RemedysMelody109

Over the course of the week leading up to the festival, Hanzo has been spotting Melody and her friend everywhere. While her friend laughed at a few things here and there, Melody remained neutral. Her expression forever remained the same.

He couldn't help but wonder why she hardly did anything. Even he smiled at a few things his brother would say to him. Genji is the type of person to love making people smile or laugh.

Then a thought crossed his mind. What if the four of them, the Shimada brothers, Melody and her friend, went for a walk. Maybe that will lighten her spirit.

"Buraza, merodi to kanojo no furinji o sanpo ni tsurete ikou."

"I don't see why not." Genji replies. He takes a moment to pause before adding on. "Any particular reason why?"

"Just to show the girls the better side of Hanamura."

"Of course. Do you have in mind when you would like to do so?"

"How about now?" Hanzo says pointing over to the girls.

Athena had walked away, leaving Sofia to guard Melody. She is curled up into a ball on a bench that's under a cherry blossom tree. The sunlight peaked through its pink petals while the shade shielded her face from the sun rays.

She seemed to have drifted off to sleep. Sofia laid beneath the bench, watching as strangers passed by chatting amongst themselves.

From where the brothers are, Hanzo can see the dark circles during under her eyes.

She must not get enough sleep, he thinks himself.

Though, Genji watched as Athena comes back, two drinks in hand. She attempts to wake Melody up, but fails. Realizing that she'll have to drag the girl back to the room, she sighs in defeat.

Just as Hanzo and Genji make it over there, Melody wakes up. Stretching, Melody is handed a drink. Genji is the first to speak.

"Kon'nichiwa. My brother and I were introduced to Melody here a few days ago and would like to know if you ladies would like to take a walk with us?" Genji politely asks.

Athena looks to Melody whose petting Sofia. She doesn't act like she's scared or anything.

"Sure. We'd love to. I'm Athena, and you both have met Melody." Athena bowed to the two of them, elbowing Melody in the side. She still refused.

"Are you in town for the Cherry Blossom festival?" Genji asks as they start walking alongside the small river.

"Initially no. We got a deal with Lúcio's producer and manager. Since Mel is such a famous model in two different countries, they all thought it would be a great idea to have her help promote Lúcio's performance for a celebration in Japan." Athena explains.

"That does sound like it would help both sides. Even though they don't technically need it." Genji says. Athena isn't so sure if it's just how he talks or what he says that's most interesting to her.

Though, Melody and Hanzo were behind the two, just listening in to their conversation.

"I believe Lúcio has invited you girls the concert. We could come get you since it will be late when it starts." Hanzo offers.

Athena smiles and agrees.

"We do you girls live?" Genji asks. Athena points to the balcony right above them. The three let's out a chuckle.

"That was a nice walk. I'm actually surprised Mel hadn't ran away yet-" Athena says says as she turns to her friend whose missing from her spot. "Or she could scatter at the last minute. I'm sure she enjoyed it. She's always walking real early in the morning too."

Genji and Hanzo said their goodbyes to Athena and began to walk back. It will be a few hours before the festival is to begin. Lúcio has already left to help set everything up while the girls are doing last minute shopping and the others preparing for an after party.

A few minutes passed as Hanzo thought to himself. Genji has a feeling something might be up with his dear brother.

"Did you hear that some of the girls a making a video with Melody?" Hanzo asks all of a sudden.

"Yes. Isn't it call Lip-Sync syndrome?"

"Indeed. I'm not sure who's going to be in it. Though they are suppose to leave soon."

"How about we tag along. There isn't really anything better to do as of right." Genji asks. Hanzo nods in agreement.

__

At the studio, everything is set up to look like a romantic balcony, but set on the floor for a better view.

Symmetra, Phara, Tracer, D.Va, and Mercy are the five backup singers for Melody. (I won't say I'm in love, Disney). Melody is dressed in formal wear for the festival, just for the video, as well as the other five.

As the music starts out, she slowly walks onto the stage, her hair spiked at the ends to give more volume, her eyes looking at the ground as she began to lip sync.

"If there's a price for rotten judgement, I guess I've already won that. No man is worth the aggravation. That's ancient history- been there, done that."

Each phrase is met with the perfect expression. Then the five girls come out. Their voices following her.

"Who you think you're kidding? He's the earth and heaven to ya. Try to keep it hidden. Honey, we can see right through ya. Girl you can't conceal it. We know how you're feeling- who you're thinking of."

"Oh no." Melody drags out the two words and then starts up. Folding her arms cross her chest, she faces away from the group.

"No chance. Now way. I won't say it- no, no."

"You swoon, you sigh. Why deny it uh-oh?" The groups sways left and right, coming closer and walking around her for her attention.

"It's too cliché. I won't say I'm in love."

"Oooo~"

"I thought my heart had learned its lesson. It feels so good when you start out." Placing her hands on her hair before clenching them through her hair. And then bending over to the beat, acting like a real heartache. "My head is screaming get a grip girl! Unless you're dying to cry your heart out. Ooh~"

"You keep on denying who you are and how you're feeling. Babe, we're not buying. We saw you hit the ceiling." Wiggling a finger before pointing it upward. "Face it like a grown up. When you going to own up, that you got- got- got it baaad?"

"No chance. No way. No, no."

"Give up. Give in." Symmetra stands out and shows the line by itself. "Check your grin you're in love."

"This scene won't play- I won't say I'm in love~"

Then the group comes back with "You're doing flips. Read our lips- you're in love." As she drags out the sentence.

"You're way off base, I won't say it." She says. Tracer does her job by rounding her. Making her 'aggravated. "Get off my case! I won't say it." She swings her body one way and the other way.

"Now don't be proud, it's okay you're in love." The group gathers by her, leaning down on one another as she says.

"Oohh~ at least out loud, I won't say I'm in love~" she holds onto a flower, gazing at it towards the end of the song.

"Shalalala ooo~"

The lights cut off and the girls get up. Tracer, as per usual, has upbeat energy that she has to get out.

"Didn't anyone else think we did great?"

"We won't know until we watch the video" says Symmetra. Phara nodding in agreement.

"Well I think we did pretty good for ametures." Mercy says and grabbing a water bottle.

"I think you all did fantastic! Absolutely beautiful! I think I'm going to cry." Carl says, using his hands to fan dry the incoming tears.

"It's okay." Athena says as she walks up to Melody, wrapping her arm around her. "He's always like that."

"Um, love? I've been wondering something but I think I'm wrong about it."

"Shoot. I don't like sugar coated things. Unless it's donuts."

"Well I was wondering if you two are a thing?"

"A couple? No we're not. But that's okay, at least you asked, ya'know. But nah, I'm just protective over her. She's...been through a lot. Let's leave it at that. Anyway we got to go. See you all at the festival and concert."

Melody and Athena gathered their things before heading to the dressing room. Athena stops by Carl and asks him a question.

"Where did that flower come from?"

"An anonymous donation in representation of her beauty. So said the guy that left it. I don't know his name but I have met him once before, if that helps." Carl explains in his most causal/dramatic way possible.

She thanked him before heading over to the dressing room door, waiting for her friend to come out. Melody changed her clothing and they headed for the door. Just as they are leaving through the double doors, Genji and Hanzo come in. Spotting the pink flower in her hands, Hanzo smiled.

He doesn't smile as often as one would think. It's a rarity to see Hanzo Shimada turn his frown upside down. For a second, Melody's eyes flashed a different emotion for once. Yet he can't decide what it could have been.

"Are you all ready? Lúcio has just left for his concert rehearsal." Hanzo says.

"Yeah, we are. Are we leaving before it starts?" Phara asks.

"Yes. But that will be another hour or two."

Genji holds the doors open for the girls to come through and shuts it after Hanzo.

At the rehearsal, D.Va waits backstage as he practices. Hearing his music always makes her heart flutter. He even sang his song he made for her. After the third time of going through what he'll do and when, everyone began to prepare for the real thing. Jogging over, he gave her a quick peck on the cheek and went to his spot. D.Va met all their friends by the entrance and got to their spots as soon as the lights dimmed down and the beat exploded.

People have already rushed in and started dancing. His songs and his person. The beat is electric and the vibrations are sensational. Everyone cheered. Everyone danced. Even the group started to dance- every one but Ana and Soldier.

Not to long after they had arrived, so did Athena and Melody, and the Shimada brothers in tow. Of course Melody didn't look to thrilled. In fact so looked terrified. Keep in mind that Hanzo is seeing these emotions within her eyes and not her expression.

Melody stuck close, if not right behind Athena. Hanzo shoe the Athena on the side lines.

"You seem to not be enjoying yourself?"

"I'm only nervous because Mel is freaking out on the inside." She admitted, gesturing to the statue she calls a friend.

"Perhaps she can watch the performance from the backstage room. It has a tv there."

"Just her?" Athena isn't so sure about it but it would be better than her by herself. Her...thoughts seem to cause her anxiety.

"I can stay with her if that will make her feel safe?" Hanzo offers. It won't bother him one bit. This is giving him the excuse to get out of the crowd himself.

"Yeah...yeah. Do that. I appreciate it." Athena and Hanzo walked back to the two. She told Melody that she'll be with Hanzo backstage watching the performance from the tv. Melody seemed to calm down a bit, thinking it over. She waited for Hanzo to lead the way.

Melody did her best to keep up with the Japanese man. She squeezed through a few people and stumbled right into Hanzo. Her cheeks felt hot but soon brushed it off.

He held the door open and they sat down on the couch. She sat up straight, knees forward, hands in lap.

He isn't sure why she's sitting like that, then again that could be how she sits. Hanzo and Melody sat on either end of the couch. For a long time, Hanzo finds its fabric very interesting. The rose pink color reminds him of Melody's lips.

A light blush tints his cheeks at the thought. What was this girl doing to him? He barely knows her, yet he finds her intriguing.

She doesn't talk, which there is reason, and that reason will lead to her past, which will also lead to who she is as a person. He hasn't felt the need to understand anyone in such a long time.

She's a bit too quite for his tastes, but beautiful on the outside. It just makes him wonder if she's as equally a remarkable person on the inside as she is on the outside. He assumes that that's what makes him so interested.

Glancing over to her, he can tell that she's bored. He looks at the table next to him and sees a stack of orange paper. He takes a single piece and begins to fold it in various of ways and directions.

Unknown to him, he has a audience. Melody watches him turn the sheet of paper into a crane. And another into a flower, just like the one she was given for the video. Hanzo sees that she interested in his origami skills.

"If you want, I can teach you." He says. This startled her. Melody didn't think he saw her staring.

Hanzo grabs some paper and scoots over a seat so he's sitting next to her. Melody becomes nervous but soon over comes it when he starts teaching her how to fold.

As time passes, Melody has made a little crane and a dragon. Hanzo had to admit that she's a fast learner. She had trouble with the dragon but eventually got it right. He smile at her accomplishment. For a second, so quick that he thinks he's seeing things, that her lips twitched in an attemtpt to smile. And yet, this makes him happy.

A second later, Athena and everyone else comes barging through the door. Lúcio is complemented left and right about tonight's show and how well it went.

"My manager is planning another one but isn't too sure just yet. But this one was kick start the begining of the festival." Says Lúcio.

"Still, it was an amazing concert. Glad we were there." Reinhardt says. Everyone began chatting amongst themselves. That's also when he noticed Hanzo and Melody sitting next to each other. "We're you two not in the crowd?"

Melody sunk into the couch as the seven foot man towered over her. She feels extremely tiny.

"Hey, love. How ya feelin'?" Tracer asks, seeing the girl becoming distressed.

"She's fine." Athena says. Melody gets up and walks over to the door.

"You're not going to stay?" D.Va asks.

"Sorry. We'd love too, believe me but we have things to do tomorrow that need to get done if we want to enjoy the festival." They said their goodbyes and left.

"Those two never stay for very long." Zarya says crossing her arms. The others either shrugged their shoulders or nodded in agreement.

Hanzo on the other hand hummed to himself. Just as he gets up, he notices a small dragon on the cushion. He smiles as he knows it's from Melody. He picks it up, admiring it.

Maybe she isn't as stone faced as I thought she was.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

12.8K 316 17
Genji wants to cheer up his brother, but Hanzo is very shy. Genji has tried bringing girls in but his brother always kicks them out. So then Genji tr...
40.9K 655 15
Female reader. Probably smut. Definitely smut. This story takes place at the time Genji and Hanzo are in the age of their "young" skins. So you're a...
329 6 1
Genji Shimada, left in shreds by the hands of his brother Hanzo, is slowly brought back to health and must fight his inner demons. Warning Gore, viol...
52.8K 1.9K 18
(WARNING: IT GETS GAY) It all started with a mysterious man infiltrating the OverWatch base. After being captured, famous cowboy McCree takes over fo...