Katniss&Peeta-Forever&Always

By mrsmellarkable

5 years after the rebellion, Katniss and Peeta are together and living in district 12. They are both happy al... More

Katniss&Peeta-Forever&Always
Flashback
New District 12
Wedding Planning
Wedding day
Authors Note
Honeymoon part1
Honeymoon Part2
Shopping
Snow Day
Memories
Train journey
District 4
The Accident
Don't leave me
Surprise
Pregnant
I love you
Hospital
Coming Home
Phone Call
Authors Note
Travelling
Prep Team
Interview
The Scan
News
Will our lives ever be normal?
New Story - Please Read
Bed rest
Anniversary
Birthday Party
Lunch
Family
Truth
Tired
Merry Christmas!
Not the only one
Problems
Nursery
Today
Visitors
Home
Long nights, exhausting days.
Haymitch? Effie?
We couldn't be happier
Lake
This is our life now
Not an update//Sorry
District 10
Crash
The funeral
The Big, Big, Big Day!
Crashing Down
Without You
A Mellark Christmas
All good things

Happy Birthday!!

13.7K 272 314
By mrsmellarkable

KATNISS POV

I wake up and hear rustling downstairs, must be Peeta as he isn't here beside me.

I walk down the stairs and the smell of cheese buns fills my nostrils and my mouth begins to fill with saliva.

When I enter the kitchen I see Peeta is putting another batch of them into the oven.

I smile and wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him softly.

"Morning, why are you making so many cheese buns?" I ask him with my arms still around his neck.

"For our picnic when we go to the lake."

I look up at him and smile the biggest smile, I nearly dislocated my jaw.

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! I love you so much Peeta." I say pulling him into a huge hug.

"I love you too." he says, laughing slightly.

I then pull away from the hug and kiss him passionately. The kiss then deepens, as I push harder onto his lips. Peeta then grazes his tongue along my bottom lip, asking to enter. Of course I accept. After a bit I break away knowing full well what would happen if this carries on.

+++++

I look through my wardrobe and pick out a black skater skirt and tuck in a floral top into it as it is warm outside and it's my birthday so I thought I'd make an effort.

I get changed, brush my teeth and braid my hair and walk out of the bathroom, and see Peeta sitting on the bed waiting for me.

"Ready to go?" I ask him.

He just sits there staring at me .

"Peeta?"

"Oh, sorry. What did you say?" he says, coming back to reality.

I giggle and say, "Are you ready to go?"

"Oh, yeah." He says standing up.

We walk through the victors village and towards the lake, hand in hand.

"Peeta, what were you looking at earlier before we left?" I ask him curiously.

"Oh, you just look so beautiful I couldn't help but stare." He says looking at me.

I blush and just look down at my shoes, I still can't take a compliment.

Peeta just laughs slightly.

When we reach the lake, It's still as beautiful as ever. I smile taking in its beauty.

It's around 12.30 so we decide to eat, after that we both lay under a willow tree, me with my head in his lap while he plays my hair.

At that moment the whole world is above me, it is just Peeta and I, nobody else. I forget about everything, just enjoying every second because I know it would last forever.

After an hour or so of this I remember I put on my bikini under my clothes and decide I want to go swimming like my father and I used to do, I want to share that with Peeta now too.

"Come on." I say standing up to a confused looking Peeta.

"We're going swimming!" I tell him taking of my clothes.

"Katniss, I haven't got my swimsuit." He says.

"Well your gonna have to go in in your boxers!" I smirk, pulling him up by his hand.

"Fine!" He says laughing and taking his clothes off.

I pull him over to the lake and push him in.

He comes up, spitting water everywhere, laughing with me.

Then he goes back under the water for about 10 seconds, which is a long time if you don't actually know if the person can swim.

"Peeta" I say, starting to get worried.

Then the next second he pops up out of nowhere at the edge of the lake where I was standing and jumps out and starts running after me.

I run away laughing and give up when the laughter overtakes me. Then he picks me up and spins me around, I laugh and kick my legs which then leads to us both crashing into the water together.

~~PEETAS POV~~

After a while of messing around in the water and kissing, we get out and dry off.

We both lay next to the lake, Katniss in my arms. I have waited for this moment since I was 5 years old. I still can't believe she loves me and is mine, I feel like the happiest man alive to have a girlfriend as loving and gorgeous as Katniss.

I feel her head fall onto my shoulder and realise she's fallen asleep, I decide to join her.

I put my arm around her and fall asleep like that.

When I wake up, Katniss is already awake, still in the same position she fell asleep in.

"Hey." I say

"Hey." She says with a smile and kisses me.

"Come on, we better start heading back, it will be getting dark soon."

I nod, and sit up. She gets up too and starts collecting our clothes as we are still in our swimsuits, well I'm in my boxers.

As she picks up my jeans the box falls out.

SHIT!

She's seen it, how can I forget? I have been panicking about it for the last week!

"What's this?" She asks, picking up the box with a confused look on her face.

Okay, this is it. I'm going to have to do it now. Come on Peeta!

I take a deep breath and get down on one knee.

"Katniss, I have loved you ever since I laid eyes on you, you were my first and only love. You are my whole life, and I wouldn't be able to survive without you. We have been through so much together and I still love you, and that will never change no matter what happens. Katniss Everdeen, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

She just stands there looking at me with a blank expression. After a minute my heart drops and I begin to loose hope, until a smile creeps onto her face and a single tear rolls down her face, and she starts nodding.

"YES! Yes Peeta, of course I'll marry you!" She squeals, still crying and jumps into my arms.

She said yes, SHE SAID YES!

It doesn't seem real!

We hug tightly, never wanting to let go. She pulls away and kisses me passionately. I then open the box and place the ring on her finger.

~~KATNISS POV~~

Peeta places the ring on my finger and I look at it closely in astonishment, it must of cost a fortune! It is gorgeous, it has a beautiful diamond in the middle, with two tiny pearls each side, which reminds me of the pearl Peeta gave me on the beach in the Quarter Quell.

"Peeta it's gorgeous, I love it! I really, really do!" I say "How much did it cost?" I add.

"A lot!" Peeta replies with a smile on his face. "But it was definitely worth it."

When I look closely at the ring I notice it has the word 'always' engraved into it.

Nobody else will understand its meaning, this one word means a hundred to me and Peeta.

+++++

We both lay in bed, wrapped in each other's arms, when Peeta breaks the silence.

"We should probably tell people tomorrow." He says

"I know." I reply "We'll go and see Haymitch first thing."

"Okay. Goodnight love you." He says.

"Love you too." I smile and kiss him goodnight.

That's when I realise that every time we kiss it sends shivers throughout my whole body, just like in the cave and on the beach. I really, really do love my boy with the bread.

AUTHORS NOTE-

Everlark are getting married!

Sorry for not updating for so long, I hope you enjoyed this chapter anyway. Thank you for reading, commenting and voting.

- Megan x

- Twitter - @_hutcherwife

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.9K 1.6K 31
Katniss's life is normal, she has two children, Prim and Rue, and she is happily married to Peeta Mellark. But then her old friend Gale comes back t...
22.6K 621 39
This is a story about some of the characters from the hunger games. It's is mainly Hayffie and Everlark with a few twists. Hope everyone enjoys it...
14.6K 253 32
Katniss and Peeta have survived 2 Hunger Games, a rebellion, and had many loved ones lost. Their relationship will be tested more than ever. Will the...
2K 71 25
Katniss and Peeta are now back in district 12 after the 74th Hunger games. They are trying to deal with their relationship and the problems they are...