Early Bird | ✓

By vividaydreamer

The early bird gets the worm. Or, in Lizzy's case, a text. More

part one
01 | robin
02 | sparrow
03 | raven
04 | blue jay
05 | cardinal
06 | eagle
07 | crow
08 | goldfinch
09 | seagull
10 | dove
11 | parrot
12 | crane
13 | hummingbird
14 | penguin
15 | owl
16 | heron
17 | pigeon
18 | ostrich
19 | stork
20 | swallow
21 | mockingbird
22 | woodpecker
23 | goose
24 | duck
25 | falcon
26 | blackbird
27 | chickadee
28 | hawk
29 | quail
30 | puffin
31 | pelican
32 | loon
part two
33 | ibis
34 | swan
35 | finch
36 | vulture
37 | warbler
38 | wren
39 | swift
40 | parakeet
41 | egret
42 | pheasant
43 | partridge
44 | flamingo
45 | emu
part three
46 | cuckoo
47 | toucan
48 | peacock
49 | spoonbill
50 | kiwi

before

2.5K 103 125
By vividaydreamer

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SYNOPSIS

Lizzy leads a boring life that's typical of any American teenager. She goes to school; she arrives home after a long day of academic torture; she stuffs her brain with random information that she will supposedly use someday.

She gardens to take her mind off of trivial gossip and school; she stresses over homework and college applications and her job at a florist's shop; she sleeps in on Saturday mornings and is counting the days until summer break.

Then, she gets a text, which is still pretty typical. However, the boy behind the text isn't typical at all.

Lizzy just wishes that his text hadn't come at such an ungodly hour in the morning.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EPIGRAPH

"The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the color that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again."
- Ram Charan

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DEDICATION

For early birds
and night owls
alike

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TIMELINE

May 25, 2017 - July 22, 2018 [writing]
June 6, 2017 - December 30, 2018 [posting]
completed

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CAST

Skandar Keynes as JJ

Amandla Stenberg as Lizzy

Adam Dimarco as Mateo

Lana Condor as Teagan

(Imagine the characters any way you wish! This is simply how I picture JJ, Lizzy, Mateo, and Teagan; however, they probably wouldn't be this handsome/gorgeous in their actual world. Also, picture credits go to their rightful owners.)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

COPYRIGHT

Copyright © 2017 by Payton
All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof
may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever
without the express written permission of the publisher
except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ONE MORE THING...

"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
    the name of the Lord is to be praised."
Psalm 113:3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A/N:

Welcome to Early Bird!

I am very, very excited for this story. Super excited. Like, I-am-about-to-explode-into-confetti-and-sprinkles excited. I can't wait for you to read Lizzy and JJ's story!

Vote and comment if you enjoy this story! Your feedback is appreciated! Although, please do not be rude or unkind; all of my stories have special places in my heart.

Please do not steal my story! I've worked very hard on this and every word you read beyond this point (unless stated otherwise) is my own, original work. Thank you for respecting my story!

In case you were wondering, Lizzy is from one of my previous short stories called "The Candy Shop." Go check that story out if you want to see a little bit of younger Lizzy. (Yes, that was shameless self promo.)

I hope you enjoy this story! Feel free to create fan art or covers for this story. Let me know if you have any questions!

Warning: there are going to be some triggering moments in this book.
Also, there are going to be some TLS spoilers!

My private message box is always open to questions or concerns or friendships!

Current cover is by @peachspit ! I love it!

(Updates for this book will most likely won't be coming until late June or July. I just really wanted to post this because I'm super excited about it and I want you to see what I've been working on!)

- Payton

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424K 18.7K 20
Eve: I get that some friendships aren't supposed to last forever. I was naive to think my best friend since 1st grade would always be there for me. B...
Junior Year By Jess

Teen Fiction

389 27 17
Love, Friendships, and high school. These things should be easy. Find a boy and fall in love. Meet some friends and they will be with you until the e...
3K 93 49
Knight smith a young teenage boy still in high school has started getting random text from someone he doesn't know Saying that there watching him he...
That Guy By d

Short Story

78.8K 3K 45
A short story about a girl that receives a text from an unknown number and decides to reply. The prequel to That Girl copyright© 2017 BabyBluesInJuly