After ✔

Por rain9939

- PTBB #2 "Who the hell are you?" Valencia Morgan has dedicated two years of her life caring for the guy she... Mais

Foreword and Cast
01
02 | Dani
03
04
05
06
07
08 | Dani
09| Gabriella
10
11 | Dani
13
14
Ultimatum
15 | Dani
16
17
18
19 | Nate
20
21
22
23
26
27
28 | Dani
29
30
-
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
Epilogue
p l a y l i s t
A/N

24

8.2K 346 16
Por rain9939

"I didn't expect to stay."

"I'm telling you to."

"Who are you, my dad?"

"If you wanna call me that, I'm fine with it."

A wink, a groan and a shove.

Then a chuckle.

"I barely know you." I huff. "And it's already nine. I'm going to sleep."

"Wow, way to live life at it's fullest." Zach crosses his arms, attempting to mock me.

I lean next to the counter. Mr and Mrs. Philips had retreated to the dining area with some friends, leaving us 'youngsters' to do whatever we want except to disturb them.

The microwave chimes, which means my dinner's ready. I come to get it, but Zach beats me to it.

"Here you go." He says, handing me the plate of ravioli.

"Spoon?" I ask, eyeing the rack behind him.

"That you'll have to get yourself." He says. "Unless you promise to come to a party with me in..." he glances at the clock. "An hour."

"For a spoon?" I ask dryly.

"Use it as an excuse." He shrugs.

I mutter something unintelligible before shoving my elbow at him. Hard.

It works.

He gasps for air. "Wow, I don't think I've been hit this hard by a girl before. Are you sure you're not a domina--"

I slap my hand on his mouth before he can finish the sentence. He narrows his eyes and pulls his face back.

"Still want me to come to that party?" I hiss.

"Totally."

I throw him a glare before grabbing a spoon and sitting down on one of the bar stools. I didn't know whether to leave or to sit and argue with him - both were pretty pointless.

"You're not having dinner?" I ask him.

"Nah, gets in the way of alcohol." He says. He grabs the stool right next to mine and sits down, and I edge myself away.

"Why are you here then?"

He shrugs. "Is it hard to believe I enjoy your company?"

"We literally just met."

I dig into my food and immediately want to stop. These people looked like they had tigers on gold leashes yet nothing remained in the refrigerator except frozen take-outs.

"Where's Mason?" He asks.

"With Gabriella, I think."

Zach smiles. "She's pretty excited to show him all her stuff. Never mind the fact that he's barely three years old."

"You've grown quite fond of him." I notice.

"Yeah, I've always wanted a little brother. Mason's as close as it gets."

"And..." I pause, not sure of how to ask this question. "What do you think of Nate?"

His shoulders rise, then drop again. He seems to be thinking. "I don't know the guy like you do, obviously, so I can't say anything." He replies. Damn, was he actually actually trying to say he didn't hate Nate?

I wouldn't blame him though. Mr. and Mrs. Philips have a pretty tainted image of him.

"My parents over-exaggerate everything." He rolled his eyes. "And honestly, I don't like Nate very much, but also, I don't care."

"But he's trying very hard." My voice drops to a whisper.

He purses his lips. "I can see that, as his girlfriend and their son have left his house."

"Temporarily." I squeak.

"Love is pointless." He says. "Give me booze and one-night-stands any day."

"What? Why?"

"They don't hurt as much."

I tilt my head. I'm about to say something then shut my mouth.

Look where love had got me in life.

"Anyways, I better get going." He gets up and ruffles my hair. I swat his hand away.

When he's gone, and I've just about finished my small plate of dinner, my phone rings a familiar tune and I know exactly who it is.

Claire thought it would be pretty funny if she switched my ringtone to the tune of The Little Mermaid months ago, and I still haven't got around to changing it.

"Hey, Claire." I say, shaking away the hair that had fallen onto my face and angling the phone so I could see Claire.

Her face pops up on video chat, all bright smiles. "Hey, Val!" She squeaks.

Her blonde hair is perfectly curled and her lips are painted scarlet.

"Are you going somewhere?"

"No, just came back." She grabs a pillow. Now that I notice, she's wearing an over-sized shirt and sweatpants.

"Plan on sleeping with makeup on?" I chuckle. "Is that a new thing, or..."

"Liam's just taking too long in the bathroom." She says, rolling her eyes. "That guy, I swear..."

"You guys are back together?"

Last I heard, they had a nasty breakup.

"Yup." Her shoulders rise. Well there's no surprise, really. Liam and Claire fight like two cats over a ball of yarn.

But they have their own thing, and it levels above their incompatible personalities which score less than a zero.

They actually got together right after Dani and I did, and Claire moved into an apartment with Liam two months after I left for Spain.

"Where are you?"

"You remember Gabriella?" I ask. She nods.

"Dani's brother's fiancé?"

"Girlfriend." I correct. "Her house."

Her smile softens and she leans against the headboard of her bed. The curtains behind her sway a little.

"When are you coming back?" She whines. "We miss you so much."

There's the sound of a door opening and closing in the background, and then I hear a familiar voice. "Is that Valencia?"

"No, it's Behati Prinsloo." She says stiffly "She's asking for you. She heard you called her a sexy VS angel."

"Babe, you're still mad about that?" He asks. "Well, that's what she is anyways."

Sheets ruffle, and then Liam's face comes into view. His brown hair is still badly in need of a cut, and the lower part of his face is dark with a shadow.

"Hey, Val." He greets with a small smile. Claire narrows her eyes at him.

"Did anyone tell you that you take longer than a girl in the bathroom?" She asks him.

He puts her arm around her. "Would you like to join me next time?"

I think I barf a little in my mouth. "TMI, guys, TMI."

"Sorry," says Liam. "So when are you coming back to town?"

"I already asked her that." Claire snaps.

He throws her an irritated look.

"Tomorrow, maybe." I say.

"Is Dani coming with you?"

"Most probably."

This causes a huge grin to break out on Liam's face. Liam, Dani and Kevin used to be really close.

"Is he okay, though? Really?" His tone implies that he's worried. "He doesn't like, wear a helmet with wires attached to his brain, right?"

I purse my lips. "His personality's still shit." I point out, and Claire laughs.

"That's never going to change, honey. These men, they're all the same."

Liam looks at her cheekily. "What did you say?"

Her eyes widen a little. "I'll catch you later, Val. Bye!"

Liam jumps on her, and the phone lands on the floor. The last thing I hear are muffled giggles before I end the call.

I put the empty plate in the sink and walk out the kitchen. I'm too tired, and I guess it's time for bed anyways.

I'm just climbing up the stairs when I hear voices from the dining room. Gabriella's parents have finished dinner with their friends and are coming out.

I climb faster, wanting to avoid them. If they see me here, they'll just assume I'm sleeping with their only son.

When I'm safe in the guestroom, I close the door and go to the bathroom. Too tired for a shower, I brush my hair and change into my pyjamas, heading to bed.

Sleep arrives as soon as my head hits the pillow.

I wake up in the middle of the night, for no reason other than agitation.

At first, it's too hot so I push the blanket off, then it's too cold and I get irritated. I toss and turn, then finally sit up, craving a midnight snack.

So I get out of bed and trudge down the stairs to the fridge. The curtains are open - no clue as to why - and the light of the moon is enough.

I sigh as I bend down towards the fridge and grab a bottle of water. I unscrew the cap and gulp down the cold liquid.

A door squeaks behind me and I nearly scream, choking on the water.

What the heck was that?!

My heart starts beating really fast, and I grab a fork laying nearby as a weapon.

Oh God, it was a robber wasn't it? Or worse.

"You're still up?" Comes a voice.

But at this point, I'm so scared I lunge forward and I'm just about to attack before the person grabs my arm, holding me back.

"Calm down, you crazy woman. It's just me!"

"Zack?!" I hiss.

He eyes the utensil in my hand. "You thought I was a robber? And you were going to fend me off with a plastic fork?"

I'm fuming. "What are you doing sneaking into your own house at two in the morning?!"

But he only winks. "I brought some new friends home."

So when the door squeaks again, I'm not surprised, thinking Zach brought home a bunch of girls to have a foursome with or something - barf! - but the footsteps are heavy, like they belong to a male.

And sure enough, when I whip my head to see who it is, it's my bloody boyfriend - well, ex - and his crazy brother.

"What the f*ck is going on?!" I whisper.

Dani's eyes land on me, and I realize Zach's hand is still on mine. I yank it back.

Nate swayes on his feet, his eyes only half open.

He leans against the counter and knocks down a vase. It breaks into a million shards and the crash is so loud, I'm pretty sure it woke up everybody.

I back away a little.

"Is he... drunk?"

"That wasn't part of the plan." Dani sighs. "He kind of got out of hand. He's pretty out of it."

"What are you doing here?" I ask, still baffled over the fact.

"He's..."

Dani never gets to finish his sentence, because the next moment, I hear Gabriella's voice on the stairs.

"Nate?"

She runs down the stairs. She's wrapped in a shawl with her hair down, and she's not even wearing socks.

"Gabriella." Says Nate.

He walks over to her, and as soon as he's close enough, she brings her hand up and slaps him.

She slaps him hard.

His arm hits the cutlery rack, knocking and clanking even more stuff.

God, we're so done for.

Not a minute later, somebody switches on the most blinding lights I've ever seen, and after I rub my eyes, I see the two most furious faces emerge into the kitchen.

"What on Earth!" Cries Mrs. Philips. Her face is bare of makeup, and she's wearing a purple robe.

The only thing I can say is, the years haven't been kind to her.

"Mom, Dad, go to sleep." Says Gabriella. "I can handle this."

"Like hell." Says his father, crossing his arms.

His wife puts a hand to his shoulder. "I bet they planned this all along." She whispers. "I'll go call the police."

"Fuck, woman, we're not here to steal from you!" Yells Dani.

Mrs. Philips looks aghast.

Her husband grips the counter tightly, turning to Zach. "Did you let them in, son?"

He nods determinately.

Mr. Philip's knuckles turn white. "I suggest you all get out of here if you know what's good for you. Otherwise..."

"Otherwise what." Barks Nate. "She's my girlfriend. I can see her whenever the hell I--"

I step in the middle and throw him the worst glare I've ever given anyone in my life. I'm hoping he realizes he can be charged with breaking and entering.

Gabriella's parents look like they're ready to burn Nate alive. Gabriella herself is looking at the scene unfolding infront of her, horrified.

Mr. Philips picks up his cane and steps forward.

"Listen, son." He says menacingly. "This is my house. Your girlfriend came back here, didn't she? What does that say about you?"

Before Nate can reply, a small voice comes from a distance.

"Daddy?"

Mason is trying to crawl down the stairs slowly, bear clutched in one hand, rubbing his eyes with the other.

I immediately climb up the stairs and help him down before he can hurt himself.

"We don't want you here." Mrs. Philips follows her husband and crosses her arms, looking at Nate and Gabriella. "Take your baggage, your illegimate child and go. All of you."

Gabriella looks shocked, and I feel my heart break a little. "Mom..." she chokes.

"No, Gabriella. Your mother's right. You've caused quite enough scenes."

She clenchs her fists, determined not to cry. "Guess I'll pack my stuff then." She mutters angrily.

She lifts her gaze off the ground and runs up the stairs.

An agonising silence follows.

Dani grabs Nate's shirt and pulls him out of the door before Nate has a chance to say anything else.

Zach takes a deep breath, still shook. Mason is half-asleep and doesn't really acknowledge what's going on.

"You." Mrs. Philips sneers at me. "You called them here, didn't you?"

Oh, hell no. I'm done caring about what they'll think. I open my mouth to spew out whatever garbage is going to come out, but Zach beats me to it.

"I did." He says. "And God help me, I could do a lot more. What you just said to Gabriella--"

"Don't teach me how to talk to my daughter!" Mrs. Philips screams. I'm pretty sure she's going to slap him, but she doesn't.

Gabriella comes down with her bags, and she doesn't look anyone in the eye as she walks out the front gate.

I turn around and follow her.

"Good job, mom." I hear Zach say. "Now you've lost a son too."

And with that, I hear his footsteps heading right towards us, out the door and into the star-lit night.

What are we going to do?

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

203K 5.4K 36
《UNDER A MAJOR EDITING》 Sophia Miami lives loving herself as a bisexual, but never found herself in relationship. She forgotten everything about he...
17.1K 954 31
What will you do when something which is your is not yours anymore? One forgotten promise.. One who remember. One who forget. Heart Break. Betrayal. ...
70.2K 1.1K 21
Lily Pearson was rejected by her mate. Bullied by her pack. And the most hated person in her whole school. So Lily decides that she's had enough from...
Lost Love Por Phoebe

Ficção Adolescente

678K 15.8K 30
They thought their love was infinite, but what if only one of them can remember their past? Imogen Howard has woken up from a head injury suffering f...