When Sin Moved In...

By Nenerh1

"Tell me you want me, Eva." His breath fans my ear. His close proximity running havoc on my insides. "I-I don... More

Chapter 1: Meeting the new neighbor...
Chapter 3: Antigua Bound...
Chapter 4: Dinner Surprises...
Chapter 5: Back Home...
Chapter 6: Sinful as cake...
Chapter 7: Sorry...
Chapter 8: Post-its and a friendly dinner?
Chapter 9: Dinner, dessert and a coughing fit?

Chapter 2: The bitchy roommate...

16.7K 607 134
By Nenerh1

                              *Rick Hamilton played by Rick Malambri in Media picture above*

Already changed and ready for my trip, I sit and wait for Rick to come pick me up so we can head to the airport. 

"All ready for your trip?" My roommate asks once she walks into the apartment. I was looking through my emails on my phone.

"I am." Smiling up at her.

"Is Rick on his way?" She questions as she sits across from me.

"Yes, he is. He should be here in a while. He was finishing up his work before going home to change and get his things."

"Hmm, let's see if he makes it on time." Hearing her mutter in her usual sarcastic way.

"Hey. He will not be late, like usual." Defending his promptness. Rick is known to be late.

"Yeah, like usual. Eva, that man has no concept of time. He would be late for his own funeral."

Laughing at her statement I respond. "Maybe, but he will not be late for our two-year anniversary vacation trip. We have been planning it since last year."

"You mean you have been planning it while he paid for it." Rolling her eyes at me. She is right, I planned the trip while he paid for it. He insisted on it.

"I was going to pay for half of it, but he insisted on paying for it all." Defending myself which I should not have to. It has always been fifty, fifty between the two of us.

"Yeah, yeah. I forget how perfect Rick is." Using air quotations as she said perfect.

"He is a great boyfriend. Rick is just a perfectionist and likes things to be-."

"His way? Controlled? His way?" She throws out being sarcastic again.

"You already said that. Twice." Pointing out her comment.

"I know that, Eva. Rick is a control-freak and throws a tantrum when things do not go his way. I am shocked that he even let you plan the trip yourself without his approval."

Looking away from her I stand up. Her scoff has me turn around, guilt-ridden on my face. "Of course he had to review it, then approve the trip like a business transaction."

"He had to make sure it was perfect." Shrugging at her statement.

Staring at me she stands up. "Enjoy your perfect trip with your perfect boyfriend. Just make sure you know how to act." Saying it in a snappy way.

"What is your problem, Benny? All of a sudden Rick is an issue with you."

"You do not see how he really is, do you?" Raising her eyebrows she asks, but I really have no clue what she means by that.

We stare at each until there is a knock on the door. "I'll get that." Mumbling as I pass by her to open the door.

Looking through the peep hole, I see Rick standing in the hallway glancing at his Rolex. Unlocking the door, I smile at him when he looks at me. "You are finally here."

"Not late for once you mean?" Raising his eyebrow.

"Maybe." 

Chuckling he pulls me in for a hug. "I was not going to be late for our special anniversary." Kissing me on the lips. "Plus, I have a surprise for you."

"Do you really?" Pulling away from him excitedly.

"I do. Come on, let's get your things. Don't want us to miss our flight." Walking inside past me he comes inside.

Following him to get my things I see Benny scowling. "Hey Benny, how are you?" Rick asks.

"Could be better. But I guess I will just enjoy myself while I have the apartment all to myself. You know, bringing my dates over, having some fun." Smirking at him.

He doesn't respond. They just glare at one another. "What is wrong with the two of you? I know you joke around at times, but this?" Pointing at each of them wondering what is wrong.

"Ask your boyfriend." Turning on her heels Benny stomps off towards her bedroom. A second later the slam of her bedroom door causes me to jump in surprise.

"What does she mean by that?" I glance up at him. Maybe he can shed a light to her attitude?

"Let's go get your luggage. We are going to be late." Being monotone ignoring my question. He sounds mad.

Reaching my room, I grab my carryon bag while he picks up my suitcase. He still has not said a word to me. I was going to say something, but I really did not want us to go on vacation in a bad mood.

I decide to say bye to Benny. Just because she ss in a crappy mood does not mean that I am going to leave for a week and not say goodbye.

Stopping in front of her bedroom door I knock. Rick stops giving me a questionable look. "I will meet you out in the hallway." Pursing his lips he nods and continues walking down the hallway.

Benny opens her door. "I did not want to not say goodbye before I leave."

"Have a great time." She responds dryly.

Sighing I continue to speak. "Look Benny. I am not sure what is going on with you and Rick. He did not say anything to me when I asked, and it seems like you are not in the mood to tell me either. So, whatever it is, I hope you do tell me when I get back. We are friends and if he said something to you that-."

"It's nothing Eva. I am just in a bitchy mood and took it out on you both. I am sorry. I guess I am still trying to get over Chris and seeing you going away to celebrate your anniversary... well, it just reminded me that I am alone for now." Explaining her lash out which in a way makes sense. 

"Sorry that you feel like that. But don't worry, you will find someone else. He was a jerk anyways. You deserve better."

"I guess. Anyways, you better leave before you guys are really late." Bringing me in for a hug, I hug her back.

"Alright, take care of yourself this week and I will see you when we get back. Behave yourself." 

"Yes mom." Whining playfully.

"Bye hon." Waving bye I turn to leave to meet Rick outside.

Closing the door behind me I see Rick leaning against the wall. "Did you say bye?"

"I did. She apologized for her bitchiness. She said it was due to her breakup with Chris." 

"They broke up months ago." 

"I know. Guess she misses him." Shrugging because I know that she really liked him.

"Mhmm." He hums in response not saying anything else.

Reaching the elevator, Rick presses the button to go down. We didn't speak. I could tell he was in deep thought about something.

A few minutes later we hear a ping and the elevator doors open. I had been looking down on the ground then look up once the doors open. A small gasp of surprise leaves my mouth when I see the person stepping out of the elevator. He was smiling widely at me.

"Hello neighbor. Nice seeing you again."

05/14/2017:

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well. Want to wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day to my readers who are Moms and to my younger readers, I hope you love and treat your Mom with Love.

Hope you liked the Chapter. The story will develop more in the next few Chapters so just wait on it. Been wanting to write this story for a while since I needed something new.

Thanks for Reading, Voting and Commenting.

Have a great rest of your weekend and be safe! Good luck to all of you who are doing Finals or did them already.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...
9.4K 213 26
It's not worth it anymore. The fighting, the hurt, the beatings. It was never going to be worth it. But for love...well love makes you stupid. And I...
4K 208 73
"You have no idea how badly I want to make love to you," he responds with a shake of his head. "I love you so much," he continues and my heart melts...
105K 3.7K 52
"I hate you" "Fucking too bad I'm your mate" I glared at him sitting in this damn steel box, I don't wanna get stuck in this freaking elevator with...