The Only Promise

By _rareleo

Kadence Rae Emerson has always been the popular girl at school getting asked out by guys. She doesn't find he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 7

22.9K 566 61
By _rareleo

NOTE:-----------> That's Kadence's homecoming dress. Remember that for the next two chapters (Part 1 and 2 of Homecoming)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                 "What about this dress?”

            I hold up a dark purple dress that is strapless, has a strap with a bow around mid-stomach, and has a ruffle look on the other part of the dress under the strap. I hold the hanger by the hook part with my finger and I look at my friends for opinions.

            We decided to go shopping a day before homecoming and before the homecoming parade at 5:00. We’re going to be in the parade, because we played powered puff football. Of course the main focus is the football players who have a winning streak of 11 games out of 11. I’m excited to throw candy to random people; hopefully to not hit them in the head.

            “I like that dress.” Terry says and she holds the dress by its side.

            “You should try it on.” Hannah says. I look over at her and she starts pushing me towards the dressing rooms.

            “Hannah!” I say loudly.

            “Well, go on!”

            I open the door in the dressing room and glare at Hannah before I shut it. I lay my stuff down on the bench in the small room. I take off my shirt and casual skinny jeans after I slide my shoes off. I unsnap my bra since this dress doesn’t need one, and I slip on the dress slowly staring at myself in the mirror. I bite my lip wondering if I look really good in this dress. I grab on the door handle and open the door. All of my friends turn their attention to me with their mouths opened.

            “What? Does this look bad on me?” I look down at the dress and grab each side of it.

            They all come up to me saying a bunch of things at once. I try to listen to each of them, but all I hear is ‘it’s amazing’, ‘beautiful’, ‘loving it’.

            I feel my face turning red from all of the attention and eyes on me.

            “Okay, I’m taking this off now.” I say and quickly get into the dressing room. I grab my phone out of my purse and I take a picture. I pull up Aiden’s number and send her the picture.

            Me: (Attachment): This is the dress! :).

            I take off the dress and put it on its hanger. I put my clothes back on and leave the dressing room to pay for the dress.

            “Did you find everything okay, miss?” The lady behind the counter asks as she ring’s up my dress.

            “Yes, M’am I did.”

            I stare at the screen facing me. My eyes widen as the price pops up. I forgot to look at the price. I take a deep breath and pull out 156$ from my wallet and hand her the money. I have never spent that much money on one dress before. I grab my dress and receive a receipt from the lady.

            “Thank you. Come again.” She smiles at me. I smile back and walk away to my friends while they browse through a bunch of dresses.

            “Okay everyone! The parade is beginning now.” Mrs. Skeens, our school principal, says.

            The float starts to move and I stand with my friends holding candy in a basket. We’re all wearing our powered puff football jerseys. I fought to have the number 15, because that’s my favorite and lucky number. I smile and wave as we pass by people cheering. I throw candy out in front of the sidewalks so it’ll be easier for people to see. All in the meanwhile, our cheerleaders are cheering in front of us, there’s the cheering from the crowd, music is playing, and banner’s are held up in the street celebrating the football team.

            “Come here, girls!” Seth calls out from the football team. The football team breaks in half down the middle and allows the girls to sit on the edge of the float with them. I constantly look to see if Aiden is anywhere in the crowd.

            I hear random little boy’s and girls screaming candy. I smile to them, because they’re so cute and I throw candy to them. I’d be so upset if I accidently hit them or something.

            “Let’s get some pictures!” The yearbook committee calls out when the parade ends and the float has returned back to the high school. I move in front of the float and I put my arm around the middle of Hannah’s back and the other girls do the same. I shake my hair a little out of my face.

            “Smile girls!”

            I smile big exposing my teeth. I hold it until I hear the shutter from the camera. I relax my mouth and move my arm from Hannah’s back.

            “Okay, let’s get the girls with the football players.”

            I look over at the guys as they approach us. I smile at them and chatting with some of them until the yearbook committee tells us what to do.

            “Let’s put the girls in front of the guys.”

            I take a deep breath. They take so many pictures its ridiculous. I line up with my powered puff team trying to see if I’m even up with them.

“Hey, Kadence, could you move back a little bit? The line isn’t even.” A guy says from the yearbook committee.

            Okay, I guess I wasn’t even with them. I step back a bit and accidently step on Derek’s foot. I look back at him and apologize. He smiles and looks at the camera. I turn my head around quickly and get ready for the camera to take a picture. I smile big.

            “Alright, great. Now we want to do something different than last year’s pictures.”

            We all look around at each other wondering what the hell they’re going to do this year.

            “The tallest guys will pick up a girl from the powered puff team and hold her kind of in a cradle form.”

            I watch as most of the girl’s are dating guys on the football team, and they are tall so they pick them up underneath their legs and hold their back. I look around to see if anyone is going to pick me up. I see Derek being the only one who could do it. ‘Great. Awkward.’ I think to myself. I walk over to Derek.

            “Pick me up.” I demand in a joking tone.

He shakes his head and lifts me up from underneath my legs and holds my back easily. I wrap my arms around his neck. I remember the way it felt to be lifted up by Aiden, and the way it felt to carry her. It felt softer and sweeter… than the way a man feels holding me right now. I move the hair of my face with my hand and wrap it back around his neck. I feel a bit uncomfortable with Derek’s hand on my thigh while he holds me. I take a deep breath waiting for this to end. Finally, they take a picture of all of us smiling.

“Alright, let me down strong one.” I say patting his chest. He sets me down slowly and gently. I start to walk away, but he grabs my wrist. I turn around looking at him as he lets go.

“Talk to me over here for a minute, please.”

I walk with him away from people that are scattered around. I sit down on a bench next to him.

“I’m sorry for being a douche bag. Actually,-“ He pauses and stares in my eyes getting really serious. “Actually, I’m sorry for everything. Sending dirty pictures, saying sexist things to you, being a douche sometimes, and-“

I put my hand on his knee and stare in his eyes. “Derek, you have been trying to get with me since 8th grade. I’m not the one for you. There’s a girl out there waiting to be with a sweet guy like you. And hey, I’m your first step to leading to the ‘one’, the girl you’ll love forever, and if the girl you end up going out with breaks up with you, that’s another step closer to the ‘one’.” I smile and remove my hand from his knee. “I’ll hunt you down if you hurt a girl in anyway. Got it?” I smile again.

“Got it. We’ll never be a couple, but I know I’ll always have a special place for you in my heart. You are the first and only girl I’ve fallen in love with.” He looks down at the ground. I stare at his shaggy bangs that hang down towards the ground.

“I thought you were only trying to get with me, because of my boobs and ass or something.” I laugh.

“No, oh no I wouldn’t do that.” He looks at me.

I stand up and so does he. “Come on, give me a hug.” I smile and open my arms.

He wraps his arms around me and gives me a quick hug.

“Good luck tonight at the game.”

“Thanks, I’ll need it.”

I walk over to my friends while they talk to random people. A few of my friends shoot me a look ‘what we’re you guys talking about?’, but I try to ignore it, because I think that conversation is between Derek and I only. I cross my arms and I stay quiet listening to people talk around me. I have thought of dating a guy before, but it wasn’t something I’d follow through with. Of course to this day I’m still considered a lesbian, but I don’t care what people say, because I am who I am. I’m only human asking to be loved; to be loved by a girl...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter is probably short, but the next two will be very long, because it's Homecoming. There will be 2 parts. I'm pretty busy today with writing my big report (stupid Advanced English lol =l), so it'll be hard to upload part 1 of Homecoming.

Thank you for reading!

Love.Peace.Vote.Comment. Fan. (Ohhh, the fan part is new =] lol.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.4K 3.9K 14
Myra McCaffery, budding actress and model, has been chased by boys her whole life without the slightest idea why. Most girls would dream to live in h...
1.4M 37.7K 31
Jordyn is the younger sister of Alexis. They are only a year apart... Paige is Alexis's best friend and feels like she is stuck in her shadow... Alex...
302K 7.5K 109
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
134K 1.5K 98
Tips & Tricks to Survive the Broom Closet: Those who hide their true magickal identities from friends & family are known as dwellers in "the broom cl...