Yo-kai Watch: A Rewrite (Book...

Por gamergirl201517

An AU where both Nate and Katie get a Yo-kai from Mount Wildwood. On a typical summer day, two kids from the... Mais

Chapter 1: Yo-kai Are Real!?
Chapter 2: Enter Jibanyan!
Chapter 3: Protect the Seals (Part 1)
Chapter 4: Protect the Seals (Part 2)
Thanks for a hundred reads!
Chapter 5: Timer's and More
Chapter 7: Helping Around Town
Chapter 8: A Ring in the Pond
Q&A Book
Chapter 9: Battles, Favors, and Scams
Chapter 10: Fusions, Nokos, and Files
Chapter 11: What Dad Forgot
Chapter 12: The Guardian of Flower Road
New Cover!
Chapter 13: Preparing for the Confrontation
Chapter 14: The Komainu Brothers and the Construction Battle Site
500 Reads?!
Chapter 15: Ghostly Rumors
Chapter 16: Mirapo's Dilemma
Annoncement!
Chapter 17: Explanations
Chapter 18: The Festival and The Extreme Dare
Chapter 19: Rescues and Fireworks
Thanks for thousand reads!
Chapter 20: Preparing for Nocturne Hospital
Chapter 21: The Hospital of Doom
Chapter 22: To the Yo-kai Realm!
Chapter 23: The Truth about Lucas
Chapter 24: The Three Gates
Chapter 25: Farewell, Yo-kai!
Chapter 26: Back to Normal
Sequel is Out!

Chapter 6: Terror Time and the Hot Springs

799 18 13
Por gamergirl201517

The two kids took a few slow steps away from Nate's house before going in the direction of Blossom Heights.

"So far, so good."

There wasn't many people out that night, but they didn't want to make this a habit.

This is just a one time thing, right?

Suddenly, the kids felt a cold chill run down their backs.

"W-whisper...what's going on?"

Everything suddenly turned gray, fog started to show up, and they heard the most terrifying noise they had ever heard from a giant red Yo-kai.

"Gargaros! Garga...Garga..."

Whisper and Jibanyan started shaking.

"Whisper, what is that?!"

"That's an Oni! No time for explainations, just RUN!"

They took off, trying to hide from the patroling Yo-kai identified as Leadoni and Suspicioni because they had a feeling that if they were caught, it would spell trouble for them.

"Where's the exit out of this nightmare?"

"I don't know, just keep out of sight!"

They sneaked by group upon group of patroling Yo-kai, nearly got within Gargaros's cone of vision a few times, and stopped near the front of the elementary school.

"I don't think we can last much longer, Whisper."

Whisper gently took their hands and said in a calming voice,

"We'll get through this, I promise. Let's just find a way to the hot springs, okay?"

Nate picked up Jibanyan and the kids nodded. As they were about to go towards Blossom Heights, a Yo-kai showed up. They instantly recognized him from the Slimamander battle.

"..."

"Uhh...hi."

"Cut the small talk. I've been watching you, Nate and Katie."

Hi, that's not creepy at all!

The Yo-kai made a yellow glowing door appear, which stood out against the gray background.

"This door will take you back to safety."

"Wait, we never got to thank you for helping us with the Slimamander battle!"

"Yeah, well, I'm not in the government, so don't expect another bailout next time."

He then disappeared and the group went through the door, making everything turn back to normal. They started towards Blossom Heights as Whisper said,

"That Yo-kai sure is a mysterious one. Despite what he said, I don't think that's the last we'll see of him."

"Whisper, what just happened?"

Whisper looked up and said,

"Well, there is only one explaination for what we witnessed. We must have activated Terror Time!"

"Terror Time? Probably going to regret asking, but what's that?"

"It's a special nightmare that kids have. There's three Onis that usually patrol Terror Time, not all at once but still terrifying. We were lucky that we got the weaker Oni, Gargaros."

"He's the weak one?!"

"Yep. I guess we activated Terror Time by having Baku and Whapir sleep in your places, but that's just a guess, I suppose."

"Is this what Mr. Goodsight was worried about? Getting caught in Terror Time?"

"Probably. You two are nice kids, it's just that the circumstances right now require you to break curfew. We'll get you back home before daybreak, I promise."

*****

Luckily, no one that happened to be out in the streets seemed to care that Nate and Katie were out this late. They made their way to the hot springs and walked in.

"You two are out awfully late. If you want to take a dip, you'll have to come back tomorrow."

"No, we're here for a friend. He said he left something here."

"Really? Well, no one's turned in anything today. You're free to check the men's room if you like."

Not wanting to let the woman know their identities, just in case they came with their parents in the near future, Nate whispered to Katie,

"Katie, if you want to wait outside, I understand completely..."

She shook her head.

"Let's just check and get it over with."

They walked in and were thankful that there wasn't anyone in the room and searched under the benches and anywhere that the underwear could've ended up.

"Hold on! I'm sensing something!"

"...Is it underwear?"

"First off, no. Second off, why would I have that specific power? Thirdly, point your Yo-kai Watch over there."

They pointed their Yo-kai Watches at the large bath in the corner of the room and they weren't sure if they were supposed to be shocked or not at the giant pig Yo-kai sitting in the bath.

"Ahh...Sproink likes a long soak after a long day..."

"Well, that bath certainly does look relaxing."

"That one Yo-kai was the cause of the aura you sensed?!"

"Why are you so surprised? Remember Slimamander?"

"Ugh...don't remind us. So can we just leave him be? Please say yes."

"Keep it down over thar! Don't make Sproink get out of dis tub and teach you two a lesson hisself!"

"So, Whisper...about leaving and saying that we couldn't find the underwear..."

"Oh my..."

Whisper was turning red as he said,

"I hate to say it, but I think Sproink is wearing Mr. Goodsight's lucky undies."

"Whisper, are you sure?"

"Well, unless someone else wrote Mr. Goodsight's name on the waistband."

"I'm hoping that's unlikely. Also, stop staring, Whisper. It's a bit weird."

Whisper turned his face away as Nate attempted to peacefully finish Mr. Goodsight's request.

"Excuse me, Mr. Sproink, sir? We really need that underwear you're wearing."

This is got to be the most embarassing thing I ever asked someone.

"First you interupt Spoink's soak and den demand Sproink's new undies?!"

He hopped out of the tub, holding two wooden buckets.

"I'm gonna have ta teach you a lesson!"

Steam filled the room and the battle began.

*****

When the steam mostly cleared up, the first thing Nate and Katie saw were the half-naked old men dancing in the background along with some seaweed Yo-kai.

"What in the-?!"

Shocked couldn't even begin to describe how the group felt at the moment.

All of this over a pair of underwear?! Why was Sproink even wearing a random pair of underwear he found in the first place?!

Whisper was looking up information on Sproink to help the battlers out, but the steam made it difficult to read his Yo-kai Pad.

"Hang on, I have to clean the screen off. Try to weaken him until I can get the information. I swear there was something about this Yo-kai that is vital to this battle."

Cadin started by attempting to slash Sproink's face, but it was blocked by one of the wooden buckets, which Cadin bounced off of, getting damaged on the way down. Sproink then threw the bucket at Cadin, weakening his health even more.

"Oww...I'm alright, but this Yo-kai is a strong one."

Jibanyan helped Cadin up and Tattletell quickly slapped Sproink's face multiple time until he started covering his face with both wooden buckets. Jibanyan started hitting Sproink's belly button, not noticing that he was starting to turn red. Whisper finally found the information and shock filled his face.

"Jibanyan! Stop hitting his belly button! Too much pain in that area will activate his Soultimate Move!"

Jibanyan's paw just barely touched the belly button, but that slight touch made Sproink mad enough to prepare his Soultimate Move.

"Quick! Someone try to cancel it! Nate, Katie, make sure you have healing items on hand, just in case!"

The front row did their best to cancel Sproink's Soultimate Move by using their own Soultimate Moves. While they caused a lot of damage, it didn't cancel the Soultimate Move in time. Sproink threw down his buckets and released fire from his snout, burning the front row and lowering everyone's health and making Cadin faint. Nate quickly switched out the front row and back row, gave Cadin some Bitter Medicine and healed him up.

"Everyone alright?"

Cadin, Jibanyan, and Tattletell nodded and seeing that Dimmy, Buhu, and Negatibuzz were handling the battle pretty well, they let them battle Sproink to make up for not battling much in the Slimamander battle. They were careful not to hit the belly button too much after witnessing what it could do, but that was easier said than done. Sproink threw soap at Dimmy, making him trip and unable to concentrate on battling, so Negatibuzz and Buhu did an inspirit/attack combo to slow Sproink down and lower his health until Dimmy could get back on his feet.

"Here, I'll help Dimmy up. Someone cover me!"

Nate and Jibanyan sneaked over to Dimmy and helped Dimmy get back on his feet and cleaned the soap off the floor where he had been standing.

"Thank you, Master Nate and Ally Jibanyan. Now I can deal the final blow!"

Dimmy used his Soultimate Move to defeat Sproink and the battle was finally over as Sproink fell onto his stomach.

*****

"Why? All Sproink wanted was ta take a long soak..."

He disappeared into a puff of purple smoke and the other Yo-kai left to get some sleep. Nate and Katie found twenty-two bucks and much to do their surprise, the men's room was empty with no sign of those weird dancing old men or seaweed Yo-kai.

"So, was that real or was it because we were up really late?"

"I don't know and I don't care. I want to get the Yo-kai Watches upgraded, go home, and get some sleep."

"Gah...I got the underwear. Let's get out of here..."

Whisper threw it into a plastic bag and the group started off towards Timer's and More, which was thankfully nearby.

*****

They walked in Timer's and More, tired and relieved to be in a safe area.

"Well, would you look at that! You found my lucky underwear! I was beginning to lose hope!"

Whisper quickly handed the underwear over to Mr. Goodsight.

"Thank you! My muse is coming back faster than a freight train! Now, let me see your Yo-kai Watches and I'll upgrade them for you!"

They handed over their Yo-kai Watches and sat on the couch, waiting for the upgrade to be finished.

"Should we tell him that Sproink was wearing his underwear?"

Whisper and Jibanyan shook their heads really quickly.

"No need to tell him that! Besides, he'll probably wash them before he goes to the hot springs again!"

"Okay! I finished the upgrade!"

Nate and Katie walked over and picked up their Yo-kai Watches.

"You can now battle tougher Yo-kai! Use this power wisely, kiddos!"

"Thank you, Mr. Goodsight!"

"It's no problem, really. Unfortunately, I only had enough energy to do one upgrade for each of your Watches tonight, so if you want to battle even tougher Yo-kai, you'll have to come back later for the other upgrades. I would explain it to you, but it's getting late and you need to get home before daybreak."

They waved good-bye to Mr. Goodsight and went back home.

*****

After sneaking back into Nate's house, Nate and Katie filled their respectives books about what had happened that night before waking up Baku and Whapir. They bid their goodbyes before putting their pajamas on and going to sleep for real. Only Whisper and Jibanyan were awake and as Whisper was about to settle down and sleep, he heard Jibanyan say,

"Sorry for nyot stopping in time."

"It's not your fault, Jibanyan. I should've gotten the information to you sooner."

"It was steamy in that room, it wasn't your fault that you couldn't read the screen."

Jibanyan cuddled next to Whisper and asked,

"Do you think that the four of us will be together forever?"

All Whisper could do is shrug.

"I don't know, Jibanyan. That's for the future to decide."

Jibanyan rested his head on Whisper's shoulder and yawned.

"It's just...I can't imagine what life would've been like if you guys hadn't shown up that day..."

Whisper felt a pang of sympathy and whispered,

"Honestly, I feel the same way. I've been stuck in that capsule for 190 years and thought that I would never get out. It was thanks to Nate and Katie that I'm even here now and learning about how things have changed since then."

"Yeah...Nyate and Katie are the best. We met because of them and I'm learning so much about the other Yo-kai along with them. Thank you, Whisper."

Whisper blushed slightly before rubbing the space between Jibanyan's ears. Jibanyan purred before closing his eyes and whispered,

"Good nyight, Whispy."

Whisper placed a soft kiss on Jibanyan's forehead, his blush increasing a little.

"Good night, Jibby."

With that said, Whisper soon fell asleep with his arm around Jibanyan.

*****

Nate: So, what exactly are we going to tackle next? Another Yo-kai?

Whisper: Actually, Nate. I've been thinking about having you and Katie help people and Yo-kai around town. It'll do some good in the long run, trust me.

Katie: That sounds good! We've helped Jibanyan and you did say that you wanted to help people and Yo-kai, Nate.

Nate: Alright! That's going to be our next goal! Help as much as we can before we're dragged into another battle with a extremely strong Yo-kai!

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

286 12 6
"Who are you?" After Sakusa Kiyoomi gets in a bad accident and loses his memories Atsumu miya has to help him piece them back together, but he's run...
16.7K 338 15
Sorry for the terrible cover, I rushed it. Slow updates yay (KO and Tko are aged up to 17, and this is another twin au) ~~~ Y/n was always the advent...
1.1K 31 7
Most people would call Nate Adams an average guy with an even more average life. However, that could not be further from the truth, for Nate Holds th...
328K 9.1K 36
❝Sakusa Kiyoomi x fem!reader❞ A story in which Sakusa meets his cousin's best friend Y/N He was first taken aback by the mention of a new roommate, e...