Triple is Better (ongoing; Ed...

By redmonsterr

Meet The Matthews triplets: short-tempered Arielle, Belle the beauty and Snow White the pink-haired tomboy. D... More

before u start reading...
Meeting The Matthews Triplets
01 | Ari
02 | Belle
03 | Snow
04 | Ari
05 | Belle
06 | Snow
07 | Ari
08 | Belle
09 | Snow
10 | Ari
11 | Belle
12 | Snow
13 | Ari
14 | Belle
15 | Snow
16 | Ari
17 | Belle

18 | Snow (part 1)

27 2 0
By redmonsterr

song : american authors // i'm born to run •

'I'm honestly contemplating between scolding you or walking away like I've never seen it,' Belle yawns behind my back on her way to the bathroom.

I ignore her and plop myself on the kitchen chair, dropping my head in my palms. I feel like someone repeatedly hit me with a hammer.

'Mornin' girls! I know you're hungry, sammiches should be done in a minute so hang on a little more. I'm going to change,' Sophie greets us cheerfully and disappeares in her room. 'And one of you should wake up Ari!' she adds, closing the door softly.

Belle will gladly do it, but she's gonna exaggerate and pretend she was forced to do it. We all know she loves pissing off Ari.

'Oh well, I'll handle that,' Belle pauses, sighs gravely, and bangs on Ari's door several times before Ari curses her and starts to unlock the door.

Yeah, she has a habit of doing that 'cause we kinda forget to knock like, always, and for some reason it's a huge problem.

The Sleeping Monster herself opens the door and pushes Belle out of her way, groaning when she realizes breakfast isn't ready yet.

'I'm taking the bathroom!' she announces hoarsely and marches inside, shutting the door in Belle's face, who quickly drops the preppy mask and starts to panic.

'Ari! Get out!'

There a low grunt, as if a wild animal couldn't be bothered more. 'Wait your turn, idiot!'

'Sophie!' Belle cries, checking her wristwatch and banging on the bathroom door again, just in case. As expected, nothing happens.

'Sammiches are done,' Sophie says, carefully avoiding Belle who looks like she might get a panick attack, and opens the microwave.

She slides the plates on the table and, humming under her breath, sits down to eat. I happily dig into my own, texting with Tate.

Apparently the Chess club is coming to London in two weeks for a competition, and as he's the leader of it he has to go. He said that maybe he'll jump on a train to Liverpool as they have a whole day to explore the city on their own.

'Ari! Breakfast is ready!' Sophie calls for her, pouring herself a big glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.

'Yeah well...hang on now!'

'Belle, just sit for the fucking table,' I groan at her after she does a fifth circle 'round the room, waiting for Ari to leave the bathroom.

'Language!' Sophie sing-songs, biting into her veggie sammich and opening the BBC app on her phone. She says it's the only news channel she trusts.

'I can't sit, I have to get ready.'

'You ain't gonna 'cause Ari's inside. And if you keep buggin' her she'll stay in triple long,' I snap impatiently, my eyes burning holes in the back of her head.

'Ugh, I hate it when one of you two is rigt. Fine,' she finally sits down and bites in her sammich, narrowing her eyes at me suddenly. 'What's wrong with you this morning?'

'It's just that...Fisher's at us this week, and I'm so tired all the damn time. The projects take away all my spare hours and me and Ren haven't had time for a single date.'

'Oh, that's bad. But, it's not an excuse for your horrific hairstyle.'

I look up at her. 'Thanks Belle. Not everyone has a spare hour in the bathroom every morning.'

'Wake up earlier and you'll have it. If only you'd let me-'

'No. And that's my final. You ain't messing with my hair. Ever.'

The door of the bathroom flies open and just like that Belle bolts inside, leaving Ari to stare at the closed door with a raised eyebrow.

'Are you sure she doesn't need some medical help? I mean, this can't be normal.'

'Ari, I think you're the only person here who has no right to say that,' Sophie points at her with a fork, referring to Ari's specific behaviour she's not giving up anytime soon.

'You people just jealous 'cause you're not nearly as cool as I am,' she sits down on Belle's spot and downs her vanilla milkshake, cringing her nose. 'Ugh, I can almost taste pink in this.

Sophie only gives her a look of disgust.

'God forbid. I still don't understand how you're not dead yet.'

'Experience. 'S all I'm gonna to say. Hey Snow, shouldn't you be downstairs already?' she asks, checking her beaten wristwatch.

We all got matching white watches for our tenth birthday but she broke hers and I lost mine. Belle's the only one whose is still in perfect conditon, no surprises there.

I turn to look at the kitchen clock and sure thing, it's 8:15.

'Dammit!'

'Language!' Sophie yells, scrolling down her phone. Her shift starts at 9 so she's in no hurry.

'I'm so so late! She'll kill me! See you at school sis, bye Sophie!'

'Mhm, have a nice day!'

I shut the door close and slide down the handrail, jumping down when I reach the bottom, and running outside like Hela's at me.

She's already there, waiting for me on the bike. Her face is beautiful in the pale morning light, eyes distant and thoughtful. I study her for a moment, the way her back are always straight and her arms crossed over her chest as she waits for me.

She must've sensed me staring, 'cause she turns and waves, motioning for me to jump on.

'Good morning creeper,' she greets me, smiling.

'Good morning goddess. Sorry I'm late,' I reply and kiss her quickly, hugging her from the behind.

'No worries. What's with the high praising?'

Shrugging, I nuzzle in her neck, feeling pretty good when her breath hitches for a second. 'I just saw you and couldn't help myself. Your beauty is radiating.'

I notice the tips of her cute ears turning red and grin, Ren silently cursing me. No one'd guess 'cause of that serious face, but she's just as immature as I am.

'Bloody flirt. You're spoling me.'

She starts the motorcycle and I tighten my hands around her waist.

'You deserve it.'

Panting like I've been chased by a herd of animals the past ten minutes, I lay down on the bench and gulp large amounts of air.

'Be still my heart.'

Pretty soon Ren and Belle join me wih their faces red, Ren resting her back down on the floor.

'I hate Gym,' Belle moans, her usually perfect hair now flying in every direction.

'Second that. This shit should be optional.'

With a loud groan Becca stops by, all sweaty. "Fucking can't...anymore."

A whistle sounds off nearby and Mrs. Lane jogs up to us, urging us to move.

None of us does.

When they told me she's also doing Career and Guidance, I thought she's gonna be sweet and patient. But from the moment we stepped out on this hellhole of a field I've had an urge to vomit my insides.

In Philly 'twas easy. Coach Friggley was so old he'd remember we have a class the last ten minutes. Then he'd ask which grade he gave us the last time and we'd all say A, 'cause he's senile and doesn't know a difference between me, Belle and Ari.

Speaking of Ari-

"How the hell does she do it?" Ren asks bewildered, staring at Ari who's 'bout to finish her 10th lap, still in charge.

'Polo in the first grade. Swimming in the second and basketball 'til tenth. Boxing ever since. She's got mad stamina,' I reply enviously, guzzling down large amounts of my apple juice.

I throw it down to Ren who blows me a kiss, emptying the bottle right in front of my eyes.

'Lucky bitch. At least I can have fun seeing Sheridan sweat his guts for once,' she grins, her eyes focused on Ari and Alix who are leading the crazy pack.

They've set a tempo and are determined to see the other slow down. And if it's Sheridan, Ren will be sure to film it.

'Damn, if she keeps going like this Lane will free her of Novemberathon.'

Belle chokes on her water.

'A what now?'

Ren and Becca exchange looks again, desperation evident on their faces. Uh huh, this doesn't sound good.

'Every year Lane organizes the November marathon that makes 40% of our grade. After the parents complained of their kids being sick for a month, she agreed to give a free pass to those who manage to do 30 laps 'round the field in 8 minutes.'

'So far only 2 people have managed to do that and were both in vomit up til their necks by the time they've finished,' Becca adds grumpily, fixing her eyeshadow in the pocket mirror.

'Isn't that illegal or something?'

Ren narrows her eyes at me. 'What the hell? You're from Philadelphia. You don't even have seasons, you just have snow all the time. Even your name is Snow. Shouldn't you be used to cold already?'

I give her a stinky look. Yeah we're used to snow alright, but it doesn't mean I'm thrilled to run a marathon in shorts during November. And what does Snow White have to do with snow?

'I could ask you the same y'know.'

'5 minutes and still 10 laps to go. Sheridan and Ari are still leading, he looks a bit tired to me, right Ren? Oh, Dori just quit. Car too. The two of them never could've made it past 20,' Becca says, massaging Ren's shoulders.

It makes me jealous for a bit, but the guys and Ari get my attention again. Can't help it, it's really good.

Ren and Becca probably don't think so 'cause they got used to it, but to me it's a real entertainment. Almost like poker nights at Rhys's bar.

Ari and her hot frenemy Nate always insult each other in the most hilarious way, and every time she wins, which is literally every time, I have to put my fist in my mouth not to burst from laughing when she blows him a kiss.

'Yeah and Accosta's gonna last 'til 25th, maybe 26th. And that's when Sheridan will stop. He almost made it in the first year but he's just been giving up the last two years,' Ren adds, jumping up to her feet as Mrs. Lane approaches us, her face glowing with pride.

Ren told me she hates when people lie 'round on the ground and gives extra push-ups to those poor souls.

'That lad sure is working her feet. 9 more laps and I'd be happy to take her off the Novemberathon list. You girls sure you don't wanna try again?' she asks as if we didn't need half an hour to cool down from just 7 laps.

This field is freaking massive.

'Nope, we're fine,' I smile with closed mouth and she gets the hint and walks away, her hands stuffed in the pockets of her hoodie. She doesn't take her eyes off either Sheridan or Ari even when Car and Dori literally crawl up to us, begging for water.

'They're freaking insane,' Dori nods at the two flecks on the track and I have to agree. Only Ari'd go to such legths to prove the point to somebody.

'Shut up. She's amazing,' Car stares at her in adoration and Ren and Becca snort, his head snapping in their direction.

'What?'

Becca quirks an eyebrow. 'Pal, the day Ari Matthews goes out with you is the day I'm free of Novemberathon.'

He pouts and even I have the urge to pinch his cute cheeks.

'Way to ruin the hope, Ora.'

'Thank me later, Ferra Jr.'

They continue bickering and outsmarting each other while Belle starts a conversation with sweaty Wyck who has just got off the field.

'3 more minutes!' Lane yells, blowing into her whistle thrice.

Ari raises her thumb to signal she got it, focused on the air in front of her.

It seems as if Sheridan's saying something and using his precious breath, but Ari couldn't care less. She won't fall for his stupid little games.

'Yeah, that's my girl!'

We all turn to look at Car. His girl?

'Y'all can fuck off now,' he murmurs, obviously caught in the wrong moment.

'Go babe, go! Woohoo! That brat ain't gonna stop her now,' Becca dances on her seat, and Car opens his mouth to say something but one look from Dori and he's mute again.

She runs past us in a blur, her knuckles white and nostrils flaring, but she doesn't show how exhausted she is.

Alix trails after her, the veins on his neck looking as if they'll burst every second. It's obvious he has a hard time following her demanding tempo.

My sister is the one who'll keep the stone face on even if her world is falling apart. Her pride won't let her appear vulnerable to others, and she still has to discover the consequences of not opening up.

'A minute!'

'Alright, that's what I'm talking about! C'mon babe, 4 more laps and you're free!' Car shouts, unable to keep his fat mouth shut.

'She's not gonna make it,' Belle states matter-of-factly and Car glares at her, which doesn't seem to faze her one bit.

'Yeah, I hate to agree with the posh sister but 4 laps in a minute? Nah.'

'Dorian, you've been warned. If I hear another- OH HELL YEAH YOU SUCKER!' Becca goes crazy when Alix stumbles and loses his balance, falling on his ass.

Ren and Becca starts dancing, dragging me into it too. I laugh and let Ren twirl me, marvelling at how her hair catches the sunlight. Belle notices it and winks conspiratiously, handing Ren her phone back.

'All filmed.'

I'm kinda bothered when she gazes at Belle as if she's an angel or something. Why is it that everyone is suddenly atta my girlfriend?

'Becca, take it all back. This woman is responsible for the clip of the century. I'm uploading this to YouTube pronto. How much you wanna bet that by lunch the whole school will have watched it?'

'All my lunch money.'

'Good choice Carlisle.

'Don't call me like that, Renée.'

'I'm gonna call you whatever I want you ars-'

'OH C'MON! ARI, WHAT THE FUCK?!' Becca screams, staring at Ari in horror. I realize she stopped in the middle of the field, hands in the pockets of her sweatpants and eyes glued for something in the distance.

The whistle goes off and Mrs. Lane calls her over, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

'What happened lad? Tired?'

Ari just shrugs, laid-back as usual and ignoring Becca and Car's gaping mouth.

'Didn't feel like it.'

Mrs. Lane sighs gravely, motioning us to pick up the balls and start practicing. Ari gets in pair with Dorian, leaving Car to pair with Wyck.

Becca on the other hand, has to train with Belle, something both of them seem to dislike.

I tap her shoulder and she turns, her eyes slowly focusing on me. It's almost as if she was somewhere else, and was forced back to reality too soon.

From this close I can see how heavily she's panting and how pale her face is. I'm kinda worried further workout is not what she needs right now. But that's Ari, and if you want to keep your dignity you don't tell her what to do.

'Why have you quit? You had a lap to go and you just...stopped.'

She looks me straight in the eye, and I realize it's been a while since the two of us had a conversation as serious as this.

I get ready for some lame excuse and for her to turn me back and smack the ball at Dori, but she puts a hand on my shoulder and my eyes widen.

'You know Snow, sometimes you just gotta let go.'

Hi, hullo!

Hmhm, what's all that about? Any clues? So I say we make this super sweet and short and do Part2 next.

That one's gonna be way more intense, and I mean, khm, intense.

Stay tuned and please drop a vote /COMMENT if you liked this chapter, thanks!

T✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

619K 14.8K 34
Everleigh Dolan was going to be attending a new school, living in a new house, set in a new room, her mother wouldn't speak why but she was optimisti...
16.2K 657 20
When the Styles triplets go to a special school for teens like them, will they figure out how to use their gifts? What if they make enemies? Who woul...
2.1K 37 11
ππŽπ€ π‚πŽπ‹π‹πˆππ’ a girl who was forced to move out of her college and transfer to the same one as her brother π‹πˆπ€πŒ π€ππƒπ„π‘π’πŽπ the popu...
1.8M 52.8K 32
Harper Williams has never been one to follow the rules, so it's no surprise she lands herself in a court-ordered delinquent bootcamp for two years tr...