Company Wars(major editing;DO...

By katdeen17

Alexis Regan Howard is not one of the typical society girls. If you think she's spoiled and mean, you're dead... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's Note
Chapter 10

Chapter 4

326 13 4
By katdeen17

Author's Note: Hi guys! I hope that you liked the pass chapters and I'm going to wait for any comments if any of you want me to continue or you just don't like my story. Just comment in here and tell what you think. Thank you for actually reading this. So......on with my story :)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 4 

"I'm going to miss you sis." Amanda said hugging me. 

"It'll only be for three weeks sis." I told her reassuringly and hugged her back. 

"Make sure to bring me a gift, 'Kay?" She asked and I nodded while smiling. 

"Mom, dad, I'd better go." I said to my parents and kissed each of them on their cheek. 

"Be careful, okay?" My mom said and I nodded. I went in the limo since I couldn't take my car with me.  

I opened the window and waved good bye at my family. When Luis drove the car towards the gate, I faintly heard my dad say "Have a fun time there!"  

I shouted out the window and yelled, "I will! Thank you again!" 

When we arrived at the airport, Luis parked and took my bags out. I'll be traveling with just one luggage since my parents were sure I would buy a lot of clothes there and I know they're right. I thanked Luis and went in the airport doors. 

Once I was inside, I saw my best friends and went near them.  

"So what time are we taking off?" Cameron asked me 'cause I was the one holding the tickets.  

"We take off at seven-thirty." I replied and looked around. Most of the seats are taken and I don't want to stand there waiting for our flight. After a while of looking for seats I found three unoccupied ones. 

"Guys, I found us some seats." I told both of them and they nodded. 

We sat there for half an hour before our flight was announced. All three of us stood up and walked towards the doors that led towards the plane. 

When we went in first class, the flight attendant greeted us and smiled. We asked her if she could take us to our seat and she smiled and said, "Follow me please." 

When we finally settled in our seats we ordered food, since we haven't eaten dinner yet. When we were done eating we just chilled and waited for the plane to take off. It took a really long time and I wondered why, but I never bothered to ask. 

Once the plane took off, I just relaxed in my seat and closed my eyes. Obviously the gut dropping, ear popping feeling occurred during the take off but we were all used to it since we travel a lot. The only thing that made this trip exciting and different is that it was just the three of us traveling independently. 

When we arrive in New York, we would use my family's house there since it's much more near the airport and we don't want to wait for hours before arriving at Bree's or Cameron's. 

I slept in my seat during the whole flight because of the exhaustion I felt. I didn't even do anything exhausting. 

I didn't know how many hours it took for us to arrive in New York from California 'cause I wasn't awake all the time. I just woke up to eat and sleep or read. 

When the plane landed we happily got off of it and went in the airport. It was seven in the evening and we hoped our driver was already here. Our parents hired us a driver in advance to pick us up. 

When he spotted us he introduced himself. 

"Ms. Howard, Ms. Adler and Ms. Hamilton, I am Stan and I will be your driver for your stay here in New York. Where would you want me to drive the three of you to?" Stan doesn't look that bad at all. I even think he's cute. He has light brown hair that falls over his right eye, he has hazel-green eyes and he seems to be at the age of twenty. I don't like boys though so I just shoved it at the back of my head. 

"Hi Stan. We're pretty exhausted, could you just drive us directly to where were staying?" I asked him and both of my best friends nodded. 

"Of course miss. Would you want me to bring your bags?" He asked the three of us and we shook our heads. "Okay. Then follow me." He said and walked off. 

We followed him towards a limo and he took our bags and put them in the trunk. He opened the door for us to get in and closed it when we were all in. 

It took us about thirty minutes to arrive at my house and I never felt happier in my life knowing that I would be sleeping in a comfy bed soon. 

Stan drove up our driveway and stopped directly in front of our front door. He opened our door and told us he'll send the bags up. We nodded and went up our rooms. Camie and Bree know where to stay since they already claimed a room of their own in this house before. Last time we came here was last year, but the house was still maintained and used by our other relatives when they come here in New York. 

"Good night guys. See you two in the morning." I told them and they said, "Good night" to me too. 

~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~ 

When I woke up it was ten in the morning. 'Wow, traveling can be so exhausting.' I said to myself and got up. 

I went to my bathroom to take a hot shower. I turned to look at myself in the mirror and I noticed that I look like someone who had the weight off of her shoulders lifted from her. I look like a new me. I smiled at myself in the mirror and went in the shower. 

After taking a shower, I went to my luggage that was near my bedroom door. I opened it and looked for an outfit. I grabbed my black skinny jeans, a white tank top, and a baby pink crop top. I grabbed my silver pumps, which are really comfortable. 

I went out my door and went to the door across mine, which was Cameron's bedroom. I knocked and heard a faint, "Come in." from inside. 

I opened Camie's door and peeked in. She was curling her hair facing the mirror. 

"Hi. Where are we going today?" I asked her while getting in and closing the door. I went towards her bed and sat at the edge. 

"Well, I don't know yet. How 'bout we ask Bree?" She suggested and finished curling her hair. 

"Sure. Come on." I stood up from the bed and walked towards the door. Cameron followed after me and we went out her bedroom. 

We knocked on Bree's door and we went in even though she didn't say "come in". 

The lights were off, so we concluded that she's still asleep. Typical.  

Cameron and I planned to turn on the lights to surprise her. 

I flicked on the lights and instead, we were the one surprised. My jaw literally dropped to the floor. 

'She slept with Stan last night!' I told myself shocked. 

There on the bed, is Stan and Bree.  

Stan has his arm around Bree and she snuggled closer to him. Bree was laying on Stan's chest- which was sculpted and toned, may I add-and she seemed to notice that the lights in her room was on 'cause she blinked and looked around. She spotted us and blinked a couple of times before her mind registered and her jaw dropped. 

"I-I c-can explain!" She told us with nervousness in her eyes. Because of how quiet the room is and how Bree literally screamed the words out, Stan stirred and sat upright. He blinked a couple of times and he became aware of our presence in the room. He stared wide eyed at us. We waved and smiled.  

I don't really mind her sleeping around 'cause it's really normal in my book. 

I turned to Camie and shared a look with her, then turned to Bree again and looked at her with a stern expression. But we were just really acting to have fun with Bree. 

Bree looked so scared and she opened and closed her mouth again and again. Cameron and I couldn't take it any longer, we burst out laughing and had two pillows thrown at us as a consequence. 

"That was mean of you guys, you know?" She told us and pouted. I threw back the pillow she threw at me earlier and received a glare in return. 

"Hey, even when we're here, just don't share the sex covered pillows, okay?" I told her, and then shuddered. 

She blushed, and Cameron and I giggled uncontrollably. 

"Okay, we're going to wait outside until you're done dressing up. Bye Stan!" I said happily after giggling so hard. I waved at Stan and he waved back. I pulled Camie out of the room and closed the door. 

"Wow! That was unexpected." I said and giggled again. 

"Yeah. Who would have thought she'd get him in bed instantly?" Cameron asked, amusement lacing her tone. 

"Obviously not us." I said and calmed down. 

"We start going towards the dining room. I'm hungry." Cameron said rubbing her stomach.  

"Yeah, me too." I said and we both skipped towards the dining room. 

~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~ 

"Hey guys." Bree came in. 

"Morning. Where's Stan?" Cameron asked trying to look pass Bree. 

"Showering." 

"Oh, I thought you'd shower with him." I told Bree and smirked, seeing the blush on her cheeks. 

"Well, I got out before he finished, knowing you guys would be anxious to hear what happened last night."  

"OMG! You really did shower with him?!" I said shocked. 

"Hush! Now, do you want me to tell you both or not?" 

"Later, after eating breakfast. We'll go to my room." I said and chewed fast. 

~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~ 

When we were done eating, we directly went to my room to gossip. 

"Okay. Spill and don't leave out the details." Cameron said. 

"Okay, so, we all went directly to sleep last night right?" Bree asked us and we nodded. "Okay. When both of you went to sleep, I still couldn't. So I was laying in bed, staring at the ceiling when I heard my door open. I sat up and saw Stan bringing my bags in. I smiled at him and said thank you. He looked at me and said "can't sleep?" so I nodded at him and said yes. He told me to come with him to the swing near the garden. He told me I can find peace there so I could go to sleep after staying there for a couple of minutes. So, I followed him downstairs and went to the backyard. There, we had a conversation and I realized I like him." She said and blushed. Cameron and I looked at each other and giggled. Bree mock glared at us and continued. "So we just kept talking and talking, until he told me he likes me. Obviously that was unexpected so I stared at him as if he had grown another head. After just gaping at him I asked "are you sure?" and then he nodded and said, "Positive." You both know that I don't like long distance relationships, so I told him about it and gave him an offer. I told him I would sleep with him for a night and just be friends after. He accepted and the result is what you guys came upon this morning." She said and smiled. 

I know Bree a lot and she's more of a "Life's too short so let's have fun before it ends" kind of girl. Cameron is the patient one and I don't know what I am anymore in the group since I lost my vulnerable side. I'm not the vulnerable and sweet girl anymore. I don't really care though, as long as I don't get hurt anymore. 

"Guys can we go shopping?" I asked both of them and they nodded. "Like, right now?" They nodded again and stood up. 

"Come on let's check the new stores in town." Bree said pulling Camie and me along with her. 

~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~ 

I told Stan that I would be the one driving us to the mall. He nodded reluctantly and gave me the keys to my car. 

We went in and I drove for ten minutes towards the mall. I parked the car somewhere near the entrance and we got out. 

Once we were inside, our jaws dropped. This mall was newly built and only high class people shop here. It's like shopping heaven. The stores are awesome. 

We checked three shops and already have seven bags each. We were walking to Starbucks to chill for a while. 

When we arrived at Starbucks, we directly went to the counter to order. Luckily, Starbuck's just a little crowded. We looked for seats and found an empty couch with a coffee table. We dropped our shopping bags and waited for our names to be called. 

Cameron and Bree were called first, so they went to get their drinks while I waited. When I was called I went to the counter to get my drink. I got my drink and turned towards the direction of our seats. I accidentally bumped into a hard chest. 

"Shoot, I'm really sorry. I wasn't looking." 

"Nah, it's okay." A familiar voice said and I looked up to see Iyan smiling at me. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked a little shocked. 

"I needed a little time off of work so I came here. How 'bout you?" He asked me. 

"Vacation." 

"How long are you staying here?" 

"Just a month. You?" 

"A month and a half." 

"Well, I have to go. My friends are waiting for me." I told him just when a blonde hugged him from behind. 

"Hey baby. Who's she?" She asked him and looked scornfully at me. I'm not fazed though so I stared her down until she looked scared and looked down. 

"She's a friend. Britney meet Alexis. Alexis, Britney." He said, gesturing to each of us. I don't want to seem like a bitch, so I offered my hand. 

"Nice to meet you." I said cheerily but she didn't take my hand, so I dropped it. 

"Not likely." She told me with bitchiness in her tone. If there is even a tone called bitchy. I don't like her attitude and I simply don't want others looking down at me. I am going to be the CEO of a major company so I better be good at standing up to others. But just as I'm about to respond to her someone grabbed my waist and spoke. 

"Hi, I'm Alexis' boyfriend, Nate. Nice to meet you." He said and I instantly knew who he is. He offered his hand to Iyan and they shook hands. I opened my mouth to tell them he's lying but Iyan spoke before I could say anything. 

"I'm Iyan. He looks different in the picture." Iyan asked me. I opened my mouth again but Nate spoke before I could. 'Why does everyone cut me off before I could speak?' I asked myself. 

"She dumped him the other day." Nate stated and took my hand. "We should go. Your friends are waiting." He told them and we walked hand in hand with me in tow towards our table. 

I turned to look at Iyan and saw him exit Starbucks so I turned to Nate. I planned on hitting him but I was soon engulfed in a bear hug. 

"Dude...can't...breathe." I said and he released me immediately. 

"Sorry cuz. You know I missed you so much." He smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his head. 

"Aw...you're so cute!" I ruffled his hair and grinned cheekily. 

"Hey, stop that." He said and swatted my hand that kept on ruffling his hair. 

"Anyway, how did you know I was here?" I asked him after ruffling his hair. Nate's my favorite cousin in my mother's side of the family. I haven't seen him in a month. He started working for my dad the day after he graduated college. He's the youngest person who has the highest position in the company which is the position next to my dad. 

"Your dad told me to check on the New York branch of his company here and told me you'd be here too. When I saw you with her I thought you needed help." He told me with worry in his eyes. So my parents told him about the break up. 

"You know I can handle that bimbo."  

"I know. I just want to see her expression and boy, was it hilarious. It's like she just wanted to jump on me and leave that jerk ASAP." He cracked up and I did the same. He hasn't change one bit. Cocky, fun and adorable. The best cousin a girl could ever have. I noticed that he didn't meet Bree and Camie yet, so I cleared my throat and introduced him to my friends. 

"Nate, this is Bree and Camie, Bree and Camie, this is Nate." I said gesturing to each one of them. Nate smirked and did the unexpected. He took Camie's hand and kissed the back of her hand. 

"Nice to meet you." He said and I saw Camie blush scarlet red. I grinned and realized he likes Camie. Bree also realized the same thing 'cause when I looked at her she grinned at me. But Nate also did the same thing to Bree, so we were confused. 

"Okay. I think we better go shop for another hour." Bree said then stood up. I gave her a puzzled look. "We're going to a club tonight and I want a new outfit for tonight. You two haven't noticed but it's already five in the afternoon. Nate, do you want to come with us tonight?"  

"Sure. I have nothing to do anyway." Nate shrugged. 

"Okay. See you at eight o'clock at Lexi's." Bree said and grabbed mine and Camie's hand. We waved bye at Nate and walked out of Starbucks. 

~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~ 

We found cool outfits after an hour or so of shopping. I got an awesome dress 'cause it's not slutty at all. It was decent 'cause it reaches mid thigh but it's also good for clubbing. 

Camie and Bree found good dresses too. We were heading towards home and only had an hour and a half for Nate to arrive. We haven't even eaten dinner yet. 

I reached the gates and drovbe up the driveway. I parked the car infront of the front door and got out.  

We climbed the steps and I bumped my shoulder with Camie's intentionally. 

"So, you like Nate huh?" I asked and she blushed. I laughed and said, "Nevermind. Don't answer that." 

When we reached the front doors it was opened by Stan. 

"Good evening miss. May I take your shopping bags upstairs?" He greeted us and closed the doors when we got in. 

"Thank you. And Stan, my cousin's coming here at eight. Please let him in and lead him to the living room." I said before handing him my bags. 

"Yes, miss. And dinner's also ready." He said as he took our bags and left. 

We walked towards the dining room and chatted. 

We took our seats and Bree asked me who was the dude that Nate saved me from. 

"Oh, I met him at California, the day when we were shopping for dresses for Camie's party. His name is Iyan." I stated. 

"Well I hope we meet him again." She said. 

"I don't. He's such a douche and I don't want to see his lousy excuse of a girlfriend ever again." I said and frowned. Bree instantly knew I don't like the topic so she changed it. 

When dinner was served we ate quickly. When we were finished, we sped walk upstairs and went to each of our rooms. 

I got dressed and curled my blond hair. I don't really like the idea of going to a club but I don't want to rain on my friends' parade, so I agreed. 

~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~ 

A couple of minutes later, Nate arrived. We were just finishing up. 

We all went down and planned that we take both cars 'cause Nate and Bree planned on getting laid tonight.  

I just can't get Bree and now Nate's the same thing. When he mentioned it I saw the crushed look on Cameron's face and I might have to tell Nate about Cameron's little crush on him later. 

We went out and Nate got into his car, while we went into mine. 

We drove to the club that Bree picked. She said that her cousin owns it and that we could go in anytime. Well, bright side is we don't have to wait in line for thirty minutes. 

When we arrived, it was really packed. I'm glad Bree picked this club though 'cause it looks really high class. 

I parked my car to a spot that has my name on a reserve sign. I don't even know how. I think Bree told her cousin to reserve a parking space for me. 

We got out of the car and we went in.  

Thankfully, there are just a few people inside. This club looks really exclusive. It has strobe lights, a white wall with black patterns painted all over it. The brightest light is coming from the bar located at the far side of the huge room. Music was pounding around the club and it makes everyone want to dance to the beat when they enter. 

Camie and Bree took each of my hand and lead me to a table with Nate behind us. The table was right in front of the dance floor and it seated four people. We sat down. Cameron was at my left side, Bree was on her other side, while Nate occupied the seat next to Bree. I tapped Cameron and leaned near her ear 'cause the music's too loud. 

"Hey, do you really like Nate?" I asked her and almost shouted because of the music. 

"Nah, I got over it." She said and shrugged nonchalantly. 

"Really?" I asked, looking at her. 

"Uh-huh." She nodded her head. I shrugged. 

I looked at Bree and she looked at me asking about our conversation. 

I gestured at Nate then at Cameron with my eyes and shook my head and smiled. I mouthed 'she's over him' to her and she understood completely. She nodded and started bobbing her head to the music. 

I looked around.  

"Hey guys. I think I need a drink. Who want some?" I shouted over the music to them. 

They all shook their heads so I shrugged and stood up. 

I walked over to the bar and sat on a stool. The bartender turned to get my drink. 

"What will you have?" She asked and I can tell she's the same age as me. 

"One apple martini please." I said and she turned to make my drink. I was drumming my fingers to the beat when someone sat on the stool beside mine and grabbed my hand that was drumming on the counter. I scowled and turned. 

I came face to face with the person I don't want to see in my entire life with because of the bimbo incident.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 366 38
Alexis Patterson isn't your average girly girl, she's the captain of the BOYS Varsity Soccer team, she swears like a sailor, she doesn't care about w...
156K 6.1K 62
Blythe, an independent girl with wild dreams, pretty face, raging intelligence and a carefree attitude to her life has fallen for her bestfreind Alex...
279 71 15
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
70.9K 2.4K 36
Hot Boss? ✔ Love-Hate Relationship with Boss? ✔ Weird Best Friends? ✔ Complicated friendship with Best Friend? ✔ History with Best Friend's Ex Boyfri...