The Player

By JustAlilfan

Robert Lockhart is a 20 year old football lover living in the UK, with his parents. He never went to college... More

Double shifts
Just another day
Parties and Punches
The expected call
Doubts and Dates
Not yet
You are an idiot
Movies
So...?
The game - Part 1
The game - Part 2
I need you
Six months anniversary
Why?
The mysterious case of the sneakers
Baby girl?
You cannot control your feelings, right?
You create your own demons
Sheila's fantasies
Sudden Encounter - Part 1
Sudden Encounter - Part 2
Don't you like needles?
Stay
Stressful times
Past or Present?
What happened to Sheila?
You are ok!
London is waiting
New Places
Kings
Methadone
What is happening?
Bobby
Only human
Coming back
A little big issue
The results
Where we belong
News
The Player
Author's Note
Sequel
Trailer of this book!

Cocaine

439 18 4
By JustAlilfan

Elsie, Robert’s mother,'s POV

“Robert hasn’t said anything in the last two days. Do you think everything is alright?” I said, cuddling with my husband on the couch

“Of course it is. I’m sure they’re both having fun right now” he smiled at me “If it had turned out wrong, he’d be back already, don’t you think?”

“I don’t know…” I whispered, worried “He doesn’t pick up my calls”

“That’s because he’s too busy for that” he smiled “Don’t worry”

“I hope you’re right…”

Adam’s POV

Oh my God.

I honestly don’t know what to do. I need to stop him.

But how?

Damn.

Don’t blame me. This guy could beat the shit out of me in a second.

He was completely wasted, though. This is not good.

He took all the weed I had.

If he’s stoned when he comes ask for more, I don’t think I’ll have a problem declining. But if he’s sober, I’m going to the hospital. Or maybe I'll just get a beating anyway.

Ah, f*ck it. He cannot do this to himself.

Third person’s POV

“Hey, kid, we will close soon” The waiter warned the guy who was leaning against the table, his head hidden between his arms.

The guy raised his head, his eyes red and pupils dilated. His serious face somewhat intimidating and his breath accelerated.

“Uh, we really need to close”

“Why don’t you say ‘get out’ once and for all” he snapped

“Uh, I was trying to be…”

“F*ck you”

The boy was obviously junkie, the waiter didn’t want him to get too aggressive. Fortunately, the boy stumbled out of the club without causing the poor waiter any trouble. It hadn’t been like this the previous night.

Robert Lockhart, Sr.'s POV

The kid’s phone is off for a few days now. I’m starting to get worried. I don’t want to show that to Elsie, but it’s weird. He was never the kind of kid to disappear and not say anything.

I probably should go, see the guy’s training and ask if his colleagues have any news from him.

Adam’s POV

It’s been a few days since I last saw Robert. I hope he is ok. He didn’t come back to ask for more weed, but he had a good amount with him, anyway.

I cannot lie and say that I am ok. I’m everything but that.

I feel like the worse guy on Earth for giving him that weed when he clearly wasn’t fine. And thinking he wasn’t ok in the first place was my fault crushed me even more.

I decided I should go a join the guys for the training. I’ve been missing some and I don’t want to. The truth is that I only play because of them, for the fun. It’s not really a passion as it is for many of them. For Robert, for instance. 

When I arrived there I heard he hasn’t shown up in the past days either. I remain silent, afraid to say a word. I think I should say something though. What if he needs help?

At the end of the training, I was one of the last to leave the shower. It was by then I saw Robert’s father there, asking for him

“So, he hasn’t been saying anything for days and I’m starting to get worried. Does any of you know anything? He hasn’t spoken to any of you?”

“No, sir” spoke Jude, his best friend “he commented he was going to London with me. But anything after that”

“Maybe he’s just there fornicating with the girl” Chris giggled

My eyes widened. They thought Robert’s in London?

“Uh?”

Shit. I said that out loud. Everyone’s looking at me now.

“What is it, Adam?”

Just tell them. He needs help. Your friend needs help, coward.

“Robert is not in London…” I whispered

His father approached me “What?”

“I-I…I was with him a few days ago and… he wasn’t ok…”

Holy shit. How exactly am I going to tell his father I gave him cocaine?!

Robert Lockhart, Sr.'s POV

“Spit it out, kid”

My heart was now beating faster than ever. If my boy had returned from London some days ago, already, then where the hell was he? HOW was he?

“He… well, you know, Robert’s pretty intimidating when he wants to be…”

The kid was scared, I could tell, but I had to know where my boy was.

“He… asked me for cocaine”

My eyes widened “W-What?”

“I-I’m so sorry Sir… I was scared. I still am”

I felt Jude and Chris bodies in front of me. That was when I realized I was approaching the other boy. “You… gave cocaine... to my son”

His eyes were full of tears now “I’m… sorry”

“Sir, we’ll help you find him. Right now” Jude spoke to me “We’ll just finished getting dressed.”

Jude’s POV

As Robert’s father went to wait for us outside, completely scared and broken, I turned to Adam

“WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE?!” I yelled

“I’m sorry Jude… I… he was… I’m sorry!”

I couldn’t believe this! I didn’t even know what to think!

If Robert was back, and if he was having this behavior, obviously things with Jessica hadn’t turned out well. I’m afraid of what my friend can do.

Please be fine, Robert.

Adam’s POV

I ended up offering to go with them to look up for Robert, but they angrily declined. The feeling of futility invaded my entire body, I was a complete looser.

I was entering my house when I was pulled back and abruptly dragged against a wall. I finally came face to face with Robert. May I say, I completely wasted Robert.

“Do you have more?” he snapped

“Robert, no, I don’t. I wouldn’t give you even if I had”

“Adam, c’mon” he looked at me with those eyes that, despite the redness, scared me

“No, Robert. Everyone is looking for you, where the hell have you been?”

“Give. Me. More!” he darkly said

His arm went to squeeze my neck, my breath caught in my throat.

Cocaine side effects. Think Adam, please think.

“Robert, look at me”

“F*ck you, Adam. You heard me the first time”

“I-It’s expensive Robert! You need to pay me!” I tried to slightly stop him from giving me a beating. He looked at me closely before letting me go

“I don’t care. I’ll find a way” he said

“Robert!” I stopped him from going away

“Get the f*ck away Adam!” he yelled “You don’t give it to me, I’ll find it somewhere else!”

Holy sh*t. He was going completely delusional. This is not anywhere close to my case. His start with cocaine was heavy. You don’t need to do much to get addicted with that substance. 

“Your father is sickly worried about you!” I snapped

He looked at me “I’m fine.” He snapped before trying to leave again.

As I tried to stop him once again, he turned back and punched me so hard I fell to the floor.

I was dizzy for some moments. When I was finally back to myself, Robert was no longer there or anywhere in sight. I picked up my phone and called Jude.

Robert can’t be far away from here.

So, what is going to happen?!

Will Robert be stopped?

Will he be able to get more cocaine?

I'm sorry Jess is not in this chapter :c

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 902 32
"and what if i get my hopes up? what if i start believing i have a change, just to be crushed by rejection?" "that's theatre" the story of a girl who...
254K 5.8K 57
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
5.5K 118 6
A Lewis fanfiction because there aren't enough on Wattpad and because he's a cute little baby - Thanks for reading this, i really didn't know what to...
21.7K 1.8K 39
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.