Betrayed By My Mate (Book 1 o...

By kauigirl

What do you do when the mate destined for you, repeatedly breaks your heart with his endless affairs? The onl... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Epilogue

Chapter 14

95.4K 1.9K 288
By kauigirl

Dedicated to Dragonair99 for making me this beautiful cover right before I went MIA...lol

I know what you're thinking...ITS ABOUT TIME! lol! sorry but I keep getting major writers block with this story and I'm not quite sure how I feel about this chapter but if I kept changing things I would drive myself crazy so here it is, the much awaited new chapter and I hope it was worth the wait. Thank you dedicated readers for sticking with me, you all inspire me to keep writing=)

kauigirl

p.s. fancover on the side is by an awesome reader MysteryMagic who surprised me with it in my inbox! Thanks:)

Devin

As the lunch hour passed I grew more and more anxious imagining what was going on right now. Samantha must have walked in on the planned scene and should be on her way to me. As if I conjured her up myself, I heard a vehicle approach the pack house and headed towards the front door to greet my mate with open arms. A car door was opened and slammed shut, she must be really upset and I should feel guilty for being a part of that hurt but I was too happy to finally be getting my mate back that I couldn’t dwell on the cause of the situation, just the outcome, which had me itching to scoop her up and put my mark back on her body.

Just as I was about to reach the door to greet Samantha, it splintered open with the force of a kick, my mates kick to be exact. I covered my face to avoid getting hit by random pieces of broken wood, so I was unprepared for the jolt my body received as my little mate used all her force to shove me, sending me sprawling on the floor in shock.

This wasn’t the greeting I was expecting. Something must have gone wrong and I bet it was all Evelyn’s fault, never send a whore in to do a real woman’s job. 

Knowing I had some serious explaining to do, if she would even here me out, I stood with my hands pleading in front of me and tried to reason with her, “Samantha, honey, let me explain…”

“EXPLAIN?!” she shouted, “Explain what exactly? How you’ve been doing nothing but lie to me while you schemed behind my back to wreck my marriage? How you set up my husband, HUSBAND, to cheat on me, fully expecting me to catch him in the act. How you deliberately set out to hurt me after all the pain you’ve already caused?” with each new point she advanced on me, her eyes growing more animalistic with every step and I knew her wolf wanted out. Saying she was pissed was an understatement.

“I didn’t want for you to get hurt.”

“Oh really Devin, so what did you think I would feel after seeing the man I love with someone else? Did you think I would be relieved that I finally had an out of my marriage and I could run into your arms so we would live happily ever after? If you did then you are seriously delusional!”

“I knew you might be hurt at first, but I was hoping that our bond would help erase that pain.” I answered honestly.

In an instant all the anger left her, and her shoulders sagged in defeat, giving me a tiny ounce of hope that I was right and she was going to give in to me. 

“That’s what’s sad Devin. You still have no idea what I went through after your betrayal, the blows my heart took every time, because if you did, and you truly love me as you say you do, you would never have tried to inflict that type of pain on me again. This time it would have hurt twice as much because Tristan was my second chance at love after the damage you caused. You keep talking about our bond, but you forget that I no longer feel connected to you that deeply. You still have the desire to be with me, because you’re still connected through my mark, but the desire for me to be with you is gone, I made sure of that when I cut your mark from my body.” tears fell from her eyes as she tried to make me understand, and each word was a twist of a knife deep into my heart. 

I knew she could feel my pain because I was still marked by her, but I couldn’t feel what she was going through. I looked into her eyes and realized I didn’t need our bond to know what she was feeling. The pain, misery, and disappointment were written all over her features and sadness poured from her eyes with every tear that fell. 

Almost as if she was defeated and the fight had completely left her, she slumped against the living room wall and slid to the floor, shoulders drooping. Then she looked back at me, right into my eyes and asked, “Is this how our lives are going to be? You constantly scheming to get me back, hurting me every chance you get for your own happiness? Will I have to question your every move? Is this the type of world we’re going to give our daughter? I can’t keep doing this with you, Devin, yet I can’t leave my pack or my responsibilities again. I won’t do that to these pack members, but how can I continue to stay in this situation and not go crazy? It just hurts too much.” As she said her last statement, she brought her knees up to her chest, burying her head between them and sobbing as if the struggles had finally taken it’s toll on her. She seemed broken.

And it was all my fault.

How could I do this to someone I was meant to love and protect? Why was I so blinded by my need to possess that I ignored her need to be free. I sat next to her and as our arms brushed I felt the tingles I missed so much, but instead of leaning into my warmth, she flinched away as if the mere contact burned her skin. The tightness in my chest was overwhelming. I caused the love Samantha once felt for me to blacken because of my betrayal, and I lost what little respect she had for me with my scheming.

I really was a sorry excuse for a mate. 

I licked my dry lips, wanting to say so much to her, and tasted salty wetness. It was then that I realized I was crying too, but this time it wasn’t for myself, I was crying for Samantha. For all the pain I inflicted, the struggles I created for her. My wolf wept as well, because he knew there was only one way we could fix this, the only way we could set our mate free, but could I go through with it?

I glanced once more at my mate, who’s beauty shone even through her misery, and it was then I knew that I could. I would do it for her. It could be the one thing I do right by her besides being the best father I could to my daughter.

Decision made, I got up and fished my cell phone out of my pocket and made a call. It was picked up immediately. Ten minutes later Tristan rushed through the broken door, scooping Samantha up into his arms and speaking soothing words into her ear, instantly ending her sobs. Seeing this reaction from her made me more certain I was doing the right thing but it didn’t stop the ripping of my heart to know that another man, a human at that, was able to give my mate the comfort I couldn’t. He looked at me, silently asking if I was sure of what I was about to do.

“Yeah, it’s about time I put her first. Just keep a close eye on her. Something like this has never been done before and I’m not sure how our bodies will react.”

He nodded in understanding, and I saw something I never thought I would see in his eyes. Respect. He started to leave, but I had one last request of him, “Tristan wait.”

He turned to face me, and I soaked in the sight of my mate, “Promise you’ll take good care of her, and love her better than I did, and as much as I wanted to. Make her happy, and keep her happy and if you ever hurt her, you’ll have me to deal with.”

He smirked at my threat, but said, “That’s a promise I have no problem keeping.” and with that said he left with Samantha in his arms.

I watched their retreat, and once I was sure they were gone, I headed up to my room, sat down on the bed, and opened the night stand drawer removing the key to Samantha’s release.

The silver knife.

I found it after she left me and put it here as a reminder of what I lost and hoped to find again. I knew for a fact now it was lost forever, and maybe by doing this I would free us both from our misery.

I rearranged myself on the floor and brought the knife up to my right shoulder. As I did this I let myself remember the good times we had together. Our first meeting where our bond was instant and the love all consuming. Our wedding day, when we looked into each others eyes and saw nothing but the bright future ahead of us. Our first days as a married couple where we rarely left the bed. This very house was full of my mates laughter, it was the most beautiful sound I ever heard. That’s how I wanted to remember us. The happy times before power consumed me, and bad choices were made. This is what I would be giving back to my mate after all that I’ve taken from her. I could do this for my baby girl as well, so that she would know that despite all the bad her daddy had done to her mommy, in the end he put her happiness first, and loved her enough to let go.

With that last thought in mind, I carved an x into Samantha’s mark, and watched my tears mix with my blood, officially ending our bond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No this isn't the last chapter but the story will be ending soon, there's just not too much more I can do with it but I do have some ideas for a sequel about Samantha and Devin's daughter, nothing concrete yet but hopefully something for you betrayed fans to look forward to. You guys are the best=)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

666 84 27
Secrets, don't stay hidden forever. They will come out even if they are buried. Sometimes it's better to tell the even if it is going to hurt you or...
914K 20.1K 19
After having a miscarriage and being asked for a divorce by her husband. Elizabeth builds her life from scratch. She disappears to a new country whe...
482 4 17
You and Sam are now doing things you never expected. Get into arguments that were thought to never be possible. Lose people you would never want to l...
7.9K 332 26
I looked into his eyes and Cammie screamed mate. AGAIN? I've heard of a second chance mate, but why was mine the SAME PERSON? Can 3 girls accept the...