Chapter 10

For her helpful mommy to mommy advice:) Plus, her book Broken is amazing, you should check it out if you haven't had a chance!

Sorry guys, I know I promised a longer chapter, but with my son being sick it was difficult to get any writing done. Now, as is usually the case, my daughters are getting sick as well. I didn't want to make you wait any longer so I squeezed some writing time in today and here's what I have. Thank you for all your well wishes for my son. His fever is gone and his sniffles have gotten better. I truly have the best fans ever:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devin

She was close, I could feel my wolf’s excitement. I may not be able to feel and know what she’s thinking, but I do know when she’s near. I can feel the pull my wolf has towards hers. I also felt a new pull, that of my daughter.

As they drove up, I had to hide my excitement. I couldn’t risk letting them see how eager I was for them to be here. I had to work on winning Samantha over and getting Tristan distracted. If I could get him to mess up, winning Samantha would be easy.

Tristan got out of the car first, then walked over to Samantha‘s side to open her door. It was a struggle for me to not run over and rip him to pieces, but I had to be smart about this, and killing her husband would not win me any points. I needed to put my acting skills to the test, and hide my true feelings from Samantha. After he opened the door, Samantha got out and I felt the ground disappear from beneath me.

She was beautiful. 

She had a pair of light blue skinny jeans on that shaped her rear nicely, and an off the shoulder shirt that made my mouth water. Her shiny black hair was up in a bun, and a pair of flats were on her feet. For the fiftieth time, I wondered what possessed me to cheat on my beautiful mate. I wanted to touch her in the worst way, it’s been so long, and I missed the closeness of her body and mine. It’s times like these that I wish I listened to my wolf.

She went to the back of the car and got out Ariana’s car seat. From what I could see, she was sound asleep. I longed to hold her, and inhale her scent again. They headed my way, looking very much the picture perfect family.

My family.

My heart hurt at the thought, but I hid it as I greeted them, “Hi, glad you made it safely.” I offered.

“That we did. I’m Tristan, nice to meet you.” Tristan said offering his hand for a shake.

I wanted to break every finger on his hand, just knowing that very hand touched my mate everyday, put a ring on her finger, and held my daughter. I clenched and unclenched my fists for control, then extended my hand to accept. “Devin, as I’m sure you already know.”

We stared at each other in a silent challenge until Samantha, ever the peacemaker, spoke, “Would you like to hold Ariana while you show us where we’ll be living.”

The thought of holding my daughter again released all the anger I was holding. “Yeah, I really would.”