Who Am I (DISCONTINUED)

By georgie-oso

There's many things you don't know about Rudsel Ackerson, and there's many things she doesn't know about hers... More

Who Am I (Introduction)
Who Am I Chapter 1
Who Am I Chapter 2
Who Am I Chapter 3
Who Am I Chapter 4
Who Am I Chapter 6
Who Am I Chapter 7
Who Am I Chapter 8
Who Am I Chapter 9
Who Am I Chapter 10

Who Am I Chapter 5

419 8 0
By georgie-oso

Previously on Who Am I...

I'm being stalked.

This morning when I was going to the car, I saw someone across the street looking at me. At first I thought I was imagining it, but even Steffen noticed.

"Who's that?" He asked me once we were in the car.

"I don't know," I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the hell!" He exclaimed.

"Mr. Clark!" Mr. I Don't Know His Name gasped as if he never heard the word before.

Me and Asher looked at each other trying not to laugh.

"That's a detention young man!"

Asher rested his head down on his desk. He was shaking with laughter. I covered my face with both my hands.

"What!" Brady exclaimed. "I've never had detention in my life!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's make a bet." He said.

"A bet?"

"Yeah, isn't that what I just said?"

I rolled my eyes. "Continue." I said irritated.

"If I win you have to be my servant for a month, and vise versa."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Detention!"

"No, what that's not fare! He was the one with eye brow wiggling, and bet making, and..." The teacher looked at me puzzled. "I'll just leave."

I was almost out the door when the teacher stopped me.

"And Miss. Ackerson take your boyfriend with you." She pointed to Asher.

"What? No. He's not... Gosh no. We're not.... We're not." I blushed. I couldn't say a whole sentence without stuttering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now that, that's done. You three may now go to the principles office." Mr. Bald Creepy old Guy said.

"No, it's fine we didn't ask to go," Asher replied.

"Well I'm telling you to go."

Operation This Was A Bad Idea Failed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Now*

I trudged upstairs to my room. I was not starting Freshman year on a good start. I swung my room door open and dropped my bag on the floor, it landed with a thud. I made my way to my computer on the other side of the room. I clicked the power button. I was about to sign into Facebook when a voice from behind interrupted me.

"Rudsel?"

No. No way. Impossible. Not Possible. I'm going crazy. I was just hearing things. No. This is far beyond craziness.

I turned around slowly scared of what I would see. Or what I wouldn't see.

But I saw it. I saw... Her.

"Anya?"

Who Am I

Chapter 5

Rudsel POV

*After*

"Anya." I said again. Was this a hallucination? Sleep deprivation? No, I couldn't be sleep deprived, I had a goodnights rest last night.

What was it? What is it?

Anya.

Anya alive.

Anya not dead.

She's alive.

Not dead.

Anya D'Amato is alive.

'Anya D'Amato innocent victim of murder' the local newspaper described it.

All the newspaper headlines, all the news reports, all the reporters harassing us. All of that for Anya. And yet this whole time, this whole month and some days...

She wasn't even dead. Not even close from it. From what I'm seeing she looks healthier than ever.

"What are you doing here?"

Me? What am I doing here?

"What are you doing here?!"

"What do you mean?" She asked as she walked into my room and made her way to my bed.

"Anya! Are you mental? Did you plan this? Do you think this is funny? Huh? Faking your death?" I was beyond furious. I was pissed. I had tears of anger going down my cheeks. "Do you have any idea how much you put us through. Me, Caddy, mom, dad, your mom and dad... Steffen?" My voice broke at the last name.

"Well I'm here aren't I? You can see I'm not dead?"

"That's beside the point Anya! Anya we care about you. We cried for you. And then you just come one day and act like everything's all normal. Like nothing happened?"

"Okay. What are you talking about?! Why are you yelling at me? Why are you mad?"

"Why I'm mad," I said under my breath disbelieving. "Get out." I said in a low menacing tone.

"What?!"

"Get out!" I yelled.

She looked at me shocked. "No." She said simply.

"Fine." And with that I made my way out my room, down the stairs, and out the front door. I don't know where I was headed, but I just had to go. I had to get out of there it was too much.

Anya's alive.

I finally found my destination. The park. The place where me and Anya used to hang out when we were little. We still hung out here but not as often as we used.

I sat on one of the picnic table tables. I crossed my legs and sat there thinking.

Why did Anya fake her death? What did she accomplish from it?

She made Steffen emotionally unstable. She made Caddy worse than she was. She made me get suspended for three days. Well that was my fault, but I bet you if she were there I wouldn't have met Asher and Brady. Not that, that would be a good thing. Ugh, see now things are complicated!

I felt someone's presence from beside me.

"Hey," she said here voice drifting off with the wind.

"Hey," I replied without looking at her.

"I heard what happened."

I looked at her. "Why aren't you at school?"

She shrugged. "I didn't feel like it."

"What happened?" I asked worriedly.

"Calm down I'm fine. I just didn't feel like going to school." She looked annoyed.

"Caddy did you-"

"Yes, I took my damn pills! Just leave me ALONE!" She stood up and started walking away.

"Caddy." I called out. I caught up to her. I stood in front of her. I took her face in my hands and forced her to look at me. "It was a question now calm down!"

She looked at me frustrated. "Rudsel." She started in an irritated voice.

I let go of her face. "When your calm I'll speak to you."

She closed her eyes in concentration.

"Okay, I'm calm," She said as she opened her eyes. Her voice still sounded annoyed.

"No you're not. Try again."

She closed her eyes again and this time when she opened them tears ran down her cheeks. "I can't." she whispered.

I pulled her into a hug. "I know it's hard, but you have to try. Caddy it's hard. I mean it's really hard. For all of us it is, but when you do shi... stuff like this you don't make it any easier."

She pulled back and looked down at the ground. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine." I shook my head. "Just don't do stuff like that, then you'll be fine, and I wont have to shove your medication down your throat."

She laughed through her tears. I joined her.

"Come on." I towed her towards the swings.

We sat in silence for a while. Both of us in our own thought.

"You overreacted." Caddy said randomly.

"Hmm?"

"You overreacted with the whole Anya situation." She looked at me with a sincere look.

I nodded then sighed. "I know I did."

"She's crying."

Ugh now I feel bad. Anya's my best friend but she can act so... so.... Ugh! Sometimes.

Caddy stood up. "I have to go now."

"Caddy, what do you mean you have to go," I whined.

She giggled. "I have things to do. People to see. Places to go. I am so very sorry my darling, but I'll be home as soon as possible." She said mocking Aunt Judith.

We laughed together.

I gave her a hug. " Be careful. Don't do anything stupid."

"I'll try," she said walking backwards.

"Hey! You better be home at a reasonable time for Mom and Dad to actually believe that you went to school."

"I will."

"And remember what I told you about-"

"Okay, okay." She walked away.

"Thanks Grandma!" She called over her shoulder.

*After*

I was walking home slowly dreading the talk I was going to have with Anya. Ugh! I'm mad at her! I can't just act like I'm not. That would just be hypocritical.

I bumped into someone and you wouldn't guess who it was.

Anya?

Nope your wrong.

It was some guy. He was pretty hot.

He had brownish orange hair. It was... different. His eyes were this weird green and had a mixture of brown in it. But once he saw me it changed to a more lighter, more softer color... His eyes changed color just like...

"Anya?"

"I'm so sorry Rude!" She bellowed as she threw her arms around me. "I didn't know. I didn't mean to hurt you." She whispered.

I stiffened. "Anya I-"

"No, Rude listen. I'm sorry. You have to forgive me."

"Anya I can't-"

"No! Rudsel you need to forgive me. Just let me-"

"Anya!"

She covered her ears, and instead of being a normal human being and singing 'I'm not listening. I'm not listening,' she quotes Shakespeare. Weirdo. "From fairest creatures we desire increase, That thereby beauty's rose might never die, But as the riper should by time decease, His tender heir might bear his memory: But thou, contracted to thine own bright eyes, Feed'st thy light's flame with-"

"Anya," I whined. "I can't breathe. Your choking me!"

"Oh! I'm so sorry." She pulled away. "I'm such a bad friend I shouldn't have ran away. If I knew that people would assume that I was dead I wouldn't have ran away."

"How did you do it?"

She looked at me shocked. "You really think I faked my death." It wasn't a question. More like a statement of disbelief.

"What do you mean?" I was confused. "You didn't..."

"No."

"But they found your 'body.'"

"It wasn't my body." She shook her head. "Obviously."

"Why did you run away? Did you even plan on coming back? Why would you leave without telling me? I thought we told each other everything I told you everything Do you not trust me Did I do something for you to not trust me?" I said in one breathe. "Why are you dressed like a guy?

She laughed. "I ran away because I had to take care of business. I was going to come back, and much sooner for that matter. But once I saw the news I figured it would be a bad idea since they already found my supposedly body."

"But you don't trust me." I whispered.

She looked away. I looked down.

"You don't..." I looked at her. "You don't trust me? So you've lied to me, before."

She didn't answer.

"Okay. I get it." I started to walk away.

Wow I guess me and Anya's friendship was all a lie.

One thing she said was true. She was a bad friend.

*Family History*

Caddy was born on September 10th in the year of 1997. I was four years old, Steffen six.

When Caddy reached the age of three she started having difficulties sleeping. Then she would be really energized at one moment then calm the next. We didn't think much of it, but over the years she started getting worse and we got worried.

When Caddy was nine we decided to bring her to a specialist who figured out what her problem was. The doctor told us that Catalina had bipolar disorder, which meant that she had racing speech and thoughts, increased energy, decreased need for sleep, and other stuff like excessive irritability, aggressive behavior, and impatience.

The doctor told us that she would have to take medication. He also said that she would need to see a therapist often.

It was hard for all of us at first, but mom took it the hardest. She had rules. Not only for Catalina but also for us.

1. No arguments  

2. No drugs (not like I'll EVER do drugs)  

3. No boyfriends (especially Steffen)  

4. No being lazy

And the Rule number five the Golden Rule.

5. No caffeine! Including candy

I know right. No candy. Yeah right. Man you don't know how much candy I have in my room right now. I'm loaded! I have the best stash ever!!! We all do. Mom found Caddy's stash recently so she's grounded. I've only been caught once and it was not pretty. The candy wasn't even mine! It was Anya's. She left it one night when we were studying. Mom went psycho. She still brings it up till this day.

When Caddy has one of her 'mood swings' I'm the only one who can calm her, and trust me you do not want to see her have one of her tantrums, especially if it's that time of the month.

Caddy would sometimes not take her medication and I could always tell, because her eyes would bounce from one object to another. Never focusing on one thing. Always going to something else. She told me that every time she took the pills that they made her feel sad and depressed. She said that she wasn't herself, anymore.

She would also skip her therapy sessions, and of course we would find out. She would miss her therapy session on days she took the pill more then on the days that she didn't take the pills. Some times we would let her slide but more often then not she would get a super long lecture from mom.

Ugh! How much I hated those lectures.

Caddy is now twelve years old and is stuff suffering with this horrible disorder that I hate. We all do. It's our enemy.

When people say life's not fair they mean it.

*After*

I could fell the tears going down my cheeks, but didn't bother wiping them. I just lost my Best friend, and it hurts. A lot.

I was now walking down our neighborhood. It was late. After I had walked away from Anya I didn't feel like going home just in case she wanted to give me an apology I wasn't going to accept.

As I got closer to my house I saw flashing red and blue lights. The cops. Oh no did they figure out that Anya wasn't really dead and that she faked the whole thing? Not that I cared or anything, cause I could care less about Anya. But the thing was that I did care about Anya. She was my best friend regardless. No matter how much she hurt me I will always love her like a sister.

I heard frantic voices as I got even closer.

"What's going on?" I said to myself.

Everyone turned around once I came to view.

My mother ran up to me and engulfed me in a hug. She was crying and mumbling nonsense that I couldn't understand.

"Mom what's going on?"

She pulled away and slapped me on the face. She slapped me!

My cheek burned. I gasped, shocked at her actions and so did everyone else.

"How dare you do this to us! After what happened to Anya you think you could do what ever you want! Huh? You get yourself suspended from school then you run away! You know how worried we were young lady? You are-"

"I'm sorry Mrs. Ackerson. I didn't mean to keep Rudsel this late. We would have called but we kind of lost track of time." A deep voice said from behind. Then out of no where arms were wrapped around my waist. I didn't dare look behind me.

Was this creepy stalker guy from yesterday? Or this morning?

"And who are you?" My mom asked more calmly.

"My names Chet. Chet Michaels." The guy replied.

Steffen came into view with a protective facial expression. Oh no he was going to go big brother on me.

Steffen was about to say something when dad cut him off.

"Well Chet, this is obviously not an great way to meet our daughters first boyfriend, but next time you decide you want to take her out, make sure you have our permission." Dad said as her put a reassuring arm around mom.

After that everything cleared out. The cops were gone. Dad forced mom inside. And Steffen slowly made his way inside still glaring at Chet who was still standing behind me with his arm around my waist.

Once the door shut I sighed. Relieved that the situation didn't go any further then it did.

I slowly turned around with Chet's arm still around me. I looked up at him and man was he hot. He was also the guy from yesterday. The guy that was behind the tree. I don't think it was him this morning it was probably Anya since she was dressed like a guy this afternoon.

Chet had black 'skater dude' hair and sparkly green eyes that you could probably see from afar. He was a head taller then me and had the cutest smile. With dimples!

"Hi," he said in his deep sexy voice.

"Hey."

He released one of his holds on my waist and gently reached out and brush a piece of hair out of my eyes.

"Thanks," I said breathless.

He shifted his eyes from my hair to look me in the eyes. "No problem," He replied.

"Uh... and thanks for... before. When you... uh." I stuttered.

He smiled at me. "No problem." He said again. And those words made my heart tighten a little.

"So I should..." I trailed off. This guy and his gorgeous looks made me nervous.

He nodded. "You probably should go inside." He then touched my cheek wiping away the left over tears.

I smiled. He smiled back.

He released his hold on me and watch as I walked away.

I was about to enter the house when I heard him say,

"See you tomorrow." I turned around about to ask him what he meant by 'see you tomorrow' but he was gone.

Weird.

I went inside and was bombarded with questions that I had to answer. Like Where I was, where I went, was Chet my boyfriend, how I met him, and other stuff like that.

May I remind you of Rule number 3 under the heading of: Unreasonable Rules, Ways to ruin your kids life.

No Boyfriends

I took a shower once in my room. I then brushed my wet hair, then slipped on my PJ's. I laid in bed lost in thought.

The last thing on my mind before falling asleep was Chet's words.

"See you tomorrow."

I hope I did.

Ooooooooo Georgie Oso this was the best chapter EVER!!! Yeah right!!! This chapter was alright not that good but hey what can you do... Oh I'll tell you what you can do. You can VOTE COMMENT AND FAN!!!! BY!!!

*(No I don't want your Broccoli!!!)*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 7.2K 66
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
4M 86.9K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
936K 21.3K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
1M 53.7K 34
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...