Sinister Tales

By AnnaxLove

"Sometimes it's best to stay out where you're not welcome." Demented will chill you to the bone, for these ar... More

A Son's Rage
Kingly Road Myth
Late Night Pick-Up
Layla's Gift
Friends Forever
To Stop A Monster
Help Me
Accused
Run And Hide
Watching
Early Bird Gets The Worm
The Chase
Intruder
The Babysitter
Lockdown
Haunted
Imagination
Halloween
Followed
Cool Kids
Monster
Kidnapped
Trouble
Marie
Nerves
Ugly
Paranoia
Knock
Investigation
Stalked
Stuck
Missing
Island
Home
Spill Your Secrets
Asylum
Outbreak
A Girl Named Alaina
Love Of A Fan
Small Town Terror
A Christmas Story
Unease
Trespass
Sinners
We're getting published!
Pills
Love
Buy the book!
Stowan High
Pain
Sweet Addiction
Buy the second book now!
Aftermath
Captivity
Joe
Cycle
The Hunt
Resurrection
Damaged
Santa Clause Is Coming To Town
Guilty
Nightmares
Inspiration
Tear House
Package
Bathroom Games
Earful
Valentine

Full Moon

47.9K 863 610
By AnnaxLove

Full Moon

2014 © All Rights Reserved

Eleven year old, Wyatt is always told the crazies come out on a full moon, but he never believes them. Will one night change his mind?

"Hey mom!" Wyatt said in a voice too cheerful.

His mother looked at him with a suspicious look, eyeing him up and down. When she was done trying to guess what he wanted, she spoke up, "No."

"You don't even know what I want to ask!" He whined.

"Aha! So you were going to ask something." She stopped chopping up vegetables to focus on her son. "What is it?"

"Well.." He fidgeted with his fingers, looking down at his feet. "I was wondering." His body began to sway back and forth as he procrastinated on asking what he wanted.

"Spill it." Her patience wore down the longer he dragged it out.

"Can I go stay at Zach's house?" Wyatt blurted out.

His mother shook her head, turning back to the vegetables, chopping them into smaller pieces. "No."

"Why not?" His mouth formed into a pouting expression.

"You know I don't like that boy." Her chopping became more aggressive. "He's rude and whenever you're around him, you're influenced to do bad things also."

"No I'm not!" He yelled. His mother gave him a stern look. "I'm sorry. But he's not a bad person, he just does things that make him look bad.." His voice trailed off. "I promise we'll be good tonight."

She washed the knife off in the sink then placed it in a drawer. Her eyes closed as she sighed. Wyatt stood there eagerly waiting for his mother's answer.

As she looked at him, she answered. "Fine, but-"

She was cut off by Wyatt getting excited and thanking her. "Thank you, you're the best mom ever! We'll be on our best behav-"

"Let me finish." She interrupted his moment of exhilaration. "You have to answer the phone when I call you."

"But I don't have a phone." He looked confused.

She pulled out her cell phone, holding it out for her son to grab. "Here. I'll call you from the house phone. And just because I'm letting you use my phone does not mean you can go texting your friends and racking up my phone bill."

"I won't. I promise." He snatched the phone from her hand and placed it safely in his pocket.

"Wyatt." She called out to him before he could go to his room to pack a bag. He turned around. "If you guys go outside, don't stay out too late. It's a full moon tonight."

"Yeah, yeah. I've heard this a million times. The crazy people come out on a full moon." He waved it off and ran upstairs, packed a bag and headed out. "Bye mom!" He yelled before he closed the front door behind him.

Outside waiting for him was his friend, Zach also with a backpack.

"It worked?" He looked surprised, but relieved.

"Yep. My mom thinks I'm staying at your house." Wyatt nodded his head.

"And my mom thinks I'm staying at your house." Zach smiled and they both hopped on their bikes, riding down the road towards the carnival. "Tonight is going to be so fun!" Zach yelled to Wyatt.

"What if we get caught?" Wyatt hollered.

Zach rode in front as they rode along the sidewalk. He looked back for a split second at his friend. "We won't get caught."

"Are you sure?" Wyatt had to be sure they wouldn't get in trouble. Zach stopped the bike without warning. Wyatt had to swerve in order to not hit him and go flying off the bike. "What'd you do that for?"

"If you're not up for it, we don't have to go." A sad look appeared on his face.

"It's not that. I just promised I wouldn't get into any trouble." Wyatt started to feel bad looking at his friend's expression.

"We're not going to get into any trouble. All we're doing is going to the carnival."

"You're right." Wyatt hopped back onto his bike. "Lets go have some fun."

Both of their faces lit up with excitement. They rode the rest of the ride in silence. When they arrived at the carnival, the sky had turned pitch black. The boys stared at the bright colors of the carnival in awe. "Woah." They said in unison. After they chained up their bikes, both of them took off towards the entrance. As they stood in line, Zach and Wyatt jumped with joy.

"Tickets?" The man at the front asked, looking down at the boys.

Zach pulled the tickets from his pockets then handed it to the man. "Here."

"Go in." He smiled and they ran in without hesitation.

Around were parents with small children. Teenagers hanging on the arm of their significant other. A girl ran past Zach and Wyatt as the parents chased after her.

"What should we do first?" Zach asked.

Wyatt pointed towards a building with bright flashy letters spelling out Fun House. "How about that first?"

Zach didn't answer, just ran inside with his friend following in close behind. There were mirrors along the walls, all different shapes. "Dude look at me." Zach laughed.

Wyatt stared over to see Zach looking like he gained hundreds of pounds. "What about me?" Wyatt looked tall and thin.

Suddenly a girl's scream erupted through the building they were in, echoing. Zach jumped along with Wyatt, feeling chills run through their bodies. "That didn't sound good." He said to Wyatt.

"Lets just go do something else." Wyatt suggested and Zach seemed happy with that idea.

"How about the Ferris wheel? I've never been on one." As Zach said that, Wyatt stared at him with his mouth gaped open.

They walked towards it, the Ferris wheel bursted with color. "You're serious? You've NEVER been on a Ferris wheel? I didn't think that sentence was ever possible to say! Everyone has went on a Ferris wheel at least once."

Zach shrugged. "I guess not everyone."

When they arrived at the Ferris wheel, there was a short line. Within five minutes, they got a spot on the ride.

The ride went up, stopping at times to let others on. Eventually they sat at the very top of the ride, staring down the people at the carnival.

"They look so small. Like I could just crush them with my shoe. Don't you think so?" Zach turned to his friend to see him busy staring at something else. "Wyatt?"

"Something's wrong." He watched as many police cars with their sirens flashing arrived at the front of the carnival.

"Maybe they're just here for extra security?"

"Extra security for what?" His eyes went to people running and screaming. The carnival grounds erupted into chaos. A man in a hospital gown tackled a woman to the ground, slamming her head into the ground until she stopped moving. Groups of people in the same gowns ran after whoever they spotted first and didn't stop until they captured and killed them. "We need to get out of here now!"

Cops ran in, trying to take ahold of the situation, shooting at the people in gowns they could find.

"Staying up here is the best chance we have." Zach's fear mirrored Wyatt's.

"What do we do? What's going on?" He buried his face in his hands. "I shouldn't have come here!" He was on the verge of tears.

"Freaking out isn't going to help us! We need to stay calm and stay up here until the cops get the bad guys." Zach tried to calm down his friend even though he felt the same exact terror that Wyatt felt.

The Ferris wheel started to go down. Their stomachs dropped, staring down at the person pressing the button to make the ride move. A woman in a gown. Next to her was a dead man, the man who let them on the ride. His throat was slit, blood pouring on the dirt beneath him.

"No no no!" A teenage girl screamed as the woman took her from the seat and stabbed her multiple times in the stomach.

The other people on the Ferris wheel watched and screamed in horror of what had happened.

The crazed woman threw the bloody girl back onto the ride and started making the ride spin again. People jumped off before she could make it to them, some injuring themselves in process only to be caught. Wyatt and Zach were almost at the bottom, terror settling in the pit of their stomachs.

"We need to jump." Wyatt looked at the ground.

"Didn't you see the people who jumped before? They ended up dead!" Zach exclaimed.

"It's better to try than just sit here waiting for our turn to be stabbed." Wyatt stood up and readied himself to jump off.

"Don't. Not yet. Wait until we're closer." Zach grabbed his arm and wouldn't let go until he agreed.

As the ride started to go down more, the boys got up and jumped out of the ride, preparing for the impact. Wyatt jumped down with no problem while Zach twisted his ankle. Wyatt grabbed onto Zach, forcing him to move as the woman chased after them.

Around them people screamed and gunshots fired. "Come on Zach, we need to make it to the officers. We'll be safe." He encouraged his friend.

"It hurts." He complained, trying to keep up with Wyatt.

"Don't give up." He forced him to move faster.

A cop appeared in front of them, shooting the woman behind them. "Can you please take us home?" Wyatt asked. "My friend can't ride his bike, he twisted his ankle."

"Lets go." The boys ran in front of him. "That one's mine." He pointed to one of the police cars. Zach sat in the passenger seat while Wyatt sat in the back. "What's your address?"

"557 Fowler Road." Wyatt said.

"What's going on?" Zach asked painfully. He stared back at the carnival, still able to hear screams and gunshots.

"A big group of dangerous patients in the mental hospital escaped and decided to go on a rampage at the carnival." The cop explained. "But you're okay now."

"What's that?" Zach pointed to the officer's wrist. Wyatt looked over to see a hospital band around his wrist.

The man slammed down on his brakes, both of the boys being yanked forward.

A realization made Wyatt kick at the door, trying to get out, but it didn't budge. "Jump out Zach!"

Before he could get out of the car, the man grabbed him by the back of his head, smashing it into the dashboard. Zach screamed, clawing at the man at an attempt to make him stop. Wyatt kicked at the window that separated him from them.

"Stop hurting him!" Wyatt yelled, but it was too late. Zach's body slumped to the ground and the man turned back to look at Wyatt.

"What're you going to do?" He laughed loudly.

He got out of the car, opening the back car door. "Stop! Please, don't hurt me!" Wyatt's back was pressed against the other door.

The man reached in, grabbing his foot. He got his foot free, but it was grabbed once again with a tighter grip and he was becoming more aggressive. Wyatt held onto the seat, digging his fingers into it. Wyatt's grip loosened and the man forced him out of the car.

Wyatt hit the man in the face with adrenaline pumping through him. As the mental patient fell to the ground, Wyatt took the gun from his waistband and fired at the patient only to discover no bullets remained in the gun. "Go ahead, run." He laughed, watching the boy run down the road.

He didn't stop running until he reached home. When people offered him a ride, he declined. Throughout the run home, he could hear the crazy laughter of the man who killed his best friend and almost killed him.

Wyatt busted through the door of his house, locking the door behind him.

"What happened, Wyatt? I thought you were at Zach's house?" His mother who was sitting on the couch, reading, jumped up to see the distraught look on her son's face.

He spoke between breaths. "Zach. Carnival. Crazy people. Cop. Dead." The words came out as nonsense to his mother.

"Calm down honey and speak to me." She sat him down on the couch.

"Me and Zach went to the carnival and when we were there a bunch of escaped mental patients were killing people. A cop decided to take me and Zach home. The cop was really a mental patient, he killed Zach and tried to kill me but he let me go for some reason." Wyatt cried in his mother's arms as he tried to comfort him. "Haven't you seen the news?"

"No." She shook her head. "I've been reading the whole night."

"Zach's dead.. I can't believe he's gone." Tears fell down his face. "I wanted to help him.. I tried to, but I couldn't."

"I'll have to call Zach's mother soon and tell her. I'm just happy you're okay." She pulled him in for a hug. "I'll be right back, I have to go to the bathroom."

The house phone started to ring.

Wyatt walked over to answer it, but before he did, he stared at the number with a confusing look. It was his mother's cell phone number. Wyatt reached in his back pocket to find the phone missing.

Hesitantly, he answered the phone to hear a raspy voice in his ears. "I'll see you soon."

The line went dead and he could hear his mother scream. Along with her scream, a familiar maniac laughter filled the house.

Author's Note: What'd you guys think? I hope you enjoyed it! And thanks again so much for all of your support, it means so much to me. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Shelbyville By Paige

General Fiction

9K 466 35
Katie signs a 26-week travel nurse contract at Shelbyville, a psychiatric hospital notorious for housing some of the most dangerous, violent, and hor...
The Follower By Yassin Yasser

Mystery / Thriller

367 48 10
Life has evolved and more technologies appeared. The internet is the main brain of these technologies, but that doesn't mean that it's safe. It is sa...
394 35 22
Don't open a scam email, or risk being trapped of what it put you in, and there's no way of escape... But how much would you go by saving a friend, j...
Killer of the Men By Raj

Mystery / Thriller

161 107 17
When I moved to the family, they seemed completely okay. But soon I found that someone was following me with a knife every night. A Girl. She wanted...