Texting Him. | COMPLETED ✔️

By sage_reed

❝what was your first clue?❞ * Copyright © 2017 -#1 under... More

authors note #1
0 1
0 2
0 3
0 4
0 5
0 6
0 7
0 8
0 9
1 0
1 1
1 2
1 3
1 4
1 5
1 6
1 7
1 8
1 9
2 0
2 1
2 2
2 3
2 4
2 5
2 6
2 7
2 8
2 9
3 0
3 1
3 2
3 3
3 4
3 5
3 6
3 7
3 8
3 9
4 0
4 1
4 2
4 3
4 4
4 5
4 6
4 7
4 8
4 9
51
52
53
54
55 | final
author's note #2

5 0

45.5K 2.3K 1.6K
By sage_reed

so this is it. where my every word for the last 49 chapters have led you. after this is 5 chapters of epilogue, and trust me, I will be crying through each chapter because I am so thankful for each and every one of you who have taken interest in this book and I hope in the future when I have more time and inspiration, you'll begin another journey with me in a different story.

here's to the good 5-0.

     Chapter 50 - The Meeting.

Hey, babe.

DON'T HEY BABE ME.

Sorry I just really wanted to say that.

What's up?

I was just wondering if you were here yet.

Depends where 'here' is.

I think it may be a little obvious.

A little?

A lot.

Sloane laughed down to her phone, making Bea smile as she continued to drive.

Bea could tell how much Sloane felt for the mysterious Parker, and would absolutely be lying if she said she hadn't made sure previously that he wasn't an absolute creep, or one of the guys who continuously stare at Sloane, waiting to ask her out.

While Sloane was completely oblivious to the eyes that were always on her, Bea knew.

Everyone Sloane knew could see how much people admired her, and wondered how she couldn't tell.

Sloane didn't notice those people because she didn't care.

She didn't care what they thought of her, even if it were good things.

The only opinions she cared about were her friends and family's.

And, of course, Parker's.

Vincent watched from a distance as Parker nervously tapped his foot.

He found it amusing to watch his best friend acting so differently.

Vincent knew that Parker would not be disappointed upon meeting Sloane.

He had definitely found her beautiful, but had been completely distracted by the girl who stood behind her, tapping on her phone carelessly.

Andy.

He felt his heart flutter at the thought of her deep brown eyes hidden behind glasses and deep red hair.

When Sloane spoke to him, most of her words didn't get past him as he continued to stare at the red head.

Then she was introduced to him.

and he couldn't say a word.

Sloane only grinned, realising that he may have a thing for Andy, while Andy herself was staring at Vince like he was crazy.

He was, but that's beside the point.

From then, he had made it his personal goal to steer clear of the girl, just to make sure he would make himself seem like any more of an idiot than he already had.

Truth be told, Andy found Vincent cute.

And Andy wasn't the type who just found every second guy cute.

She was the most anti-social of Sloane's friends, and wasn't one to take much notice of anyone.

But that's what Sloane knew that Vincent could change about her - not that it was a bad trait - but she wanted Andy to really experience the world, but she always seemed so lost in what she was doing, she never found the time.

But she would, Sloane was sure of it.

I'M IN.

My god what have I done.

Oh shush.

I'm great.

Where are you?

You know that space of grass near the back of the science labs?

...

No?

I'll call you, hold up.

Sloane waited in baited breath until she saw his contact blink up at her.

She answered immediately, a wide smile on her face as she waved off Bea "So where am I going?"

"Do you know where the science block is?"

"Yeah?"

"Go there and then go down the locker corridor to a door-"

"Give me a dang second, gosh. I'm not a fast walker"

Parker felt his palms become sweaty as he heard the white noise from the other line, the sign she was about to meet him.

Vincent smirked, deciding it was his time to leave so the two could have, ahem, 'alone time'.

That morning, he and Mark had made a bet that Sloane and Parker would hook up within the next 24 hours, while Mark thought it would be at least a week if not longer.

"Okay, I'm at the science block, down the corridor... THERES THE DOOR! I AM AN EXPLORER!"

"The fuck?"

"Sorry, I was proud"

Parker laughed softly, shaking his head as he looked down to the grass at his feet.

"Are you shaking your head at the ground?"

Parker's eyes widened, as he lifted his head to meet Sloane's hazel eyes.

They both still held their phones to their ears, disbelieving of the situation.

Sloane was the first to drop her phone down and shove it into her pocket, hastily followed by Parker.

She cleared her throat awkwardly, unknowing of what exactly to say.

She was utterly shocked.

"You're Parker?" She asked incredulously, staring at the boy, her perfect boy "As in my Parker?"

Parker furrowed his eyebrows, sensing a slightly disappointed tone in her voice "Yeah..." He cleared his throat, attempting to bring make his natural monotonous voice to cover up how hurt he was "I am"

She shook her head "You're lying to me"

"Sad thing is, I'm not"

"You can't possibly be"

"And why's that?"

"Because you're exactly who I expected you to be!"

"And that's a problem...?"

"Yeah! It is!" She ran a hand through her hair, an action that made Parker desperately want to kiss her "I don't get things in life! I don't talk to the cutest guy ever, I don't text the most sought after boy in school, and I don't get an accidental text from a guy I've had a low-key crush on since Freshman year!"

"Even when we're talking face to face you're confusing"

"You're way out of my league, Parker"

"Am I now?" He asked, his tone strong, angered. He stepped closer to the disbelieving girl, so much that they were only a couple of inches away.

He leant down to her eye level, using every bit of self control he had developed to not finally feel her lips against his.

She blinked at the boy, utterly perplexed "last time I checked," he resisted the urge to brush her stray hairs behind her ear "No one tells me what I am or am not"

Sloane gulped, unable to speak as she felt his breath against her skin, the warmth of his body radiating against her own.

When she found her voice, she spoke again "You still have anger issues"

Parker had an urge to reach out and finally touch her soft skin that was being kissed my the morning sun so gently "That I do, babe"

"Is it bad that I find you really attractive anyway?" She asked, her mouth taking the words she wanted to say straight from her mind without filter.

She had an urge to slap her forehead at what she had just said.

Parker stood to his full height, folding his arms and smirking "Probably"

"Cockier than you seemed" Sloane smirked back, matching his folded arm stance confidently.

Parker's smirk faltered until he caught on that this girl, this flawless, beautiful girl who he'd been so desperate to finally see for himself, was - indeed - flirting with him.

"Quick witted, even in real life"

"Only for you, babe"

Hearing those words roll off her tongue so smoothly was like music to him, a gentle reminder of how much this girl had changed him through the several months they'd spoken.

His smirk faded as he stared into her hazel eyes, eyes that had traces of gold, much like her personality. Her eyes were one's that he felt he could be lost in without even trying.

At the notice of his now seemingly serious expression, Sloane worried that she had said something wrong, something that would make him regret ever talking to her more than he had ever lead on.

"You're beautiful" Parker mumbled before he could even think it through.

Sloane felt as blood rushed to her cheeks, tinting them a light shade of pink at his compliment. She looked away from him with a ghost of a smile on her lips, fiddling with the ends of her hair.

Parker could no longer stop himself, but to reach out and gently cup her chin and attempt to meet her eyes again.

Sloane stared into the endless seas of blues and greys of his eyes, her heart beating to fast she felt it were going to explode from her chest.

"Do you not believe me?" He asked quietly, letting his hand rest at the base of her neck.

He couldn't not touch her at this point.

Sloane laughed softly, the feeling of his hand on her neck something she wanted much more of. She shook her head as she smiled up at him "No"

"No?" Parker asked incredulously, brushing some of her hair behind her ear with his other hand, his heart beating heavily in his chest.

"No, I don't believe you"

"Why's that?"

"Because it doesn't seem likely that someone like you would find someone like me beautiful"

"Someone like me?"

"Yes, someone like you. Someone who is so effortlessly gorgeous and so uncomplicated"

"If you think I'm uncomplicated, you're definitely wrong" Parker laughed, almost bitterly, to himself "And if you don't believe you're beautiful, you're just plain blind"

"Are you flirting with me?" Sloane asked, even though she could definitely

Parker smirked, feeling ever so slightly more confident "What was your first clue?"

Sloane bit her lip, making Parker's heart rate rise, before raising an eyebrow "Is that a yes?" She asked confidently, closing the small gap between them as she leant up on her toes to meet his eyes better.

"Yes"

"Yes?"

"I am most definitely flirting with you" He whispered, his hands subconsciously falling to her hips as his lips almost grazed hers.

"Then for god's sake, just kiss me" She whispered, her eyes closing at his closeness.

Parker listened, leaning forward and pressing his lips softly against hers.

Sloane felt her entire body melt into his gentle touch, almost sighing dreamily at the feeling.

Parker's heart beat fast in his chest, daring to leap out and express everything he felt for the girl infront of him.

He was in disbelief that she was even really here right now, and was convinced that it was just his mind playing evil tricks on him.

But it was happening.

When Sloane felt her bones once again instead of the jelly they had seemingly been replaced with, she wrapped her arms around Parker's neck, pulling him closer to add needed pressure to their kiss.

They had both long forgotten that they were still at school, and that in a few minutes, they would have to go to class once again like they had routinely done for their whole lives.

This kiss, however, was unlike any routine, and spelled love in a way that had never been written before.

Parker's arms tightened around Sloane's waist when he felt himself more desperate for more of her, for all of her.

He wanted her, he wanted to know her, he wanted to touch her.

Now that he could, he didn't believe it was true.

And neither did she.

As his arms pulled her closer, her cheeks flushed once again, the butterflies exploding in her stomach.

This wasn't her first kiss, hell, it wasn't even her second, but in the moment, it felt like Parker was the only person in the world.

In their world.

Unwillingly, Parker left her lips, slowly opening his eyes to stare into hers.

His fingers lifted up caressed her cheek as she too opened her eyes, her lips feeling bare at the loss of his.

As they stared at each other, smiles curled their lips, as small laughs escaped from their mouths.

Things would be okay from now on.

Even without each other there every second if the day, if they had each other in the other line,

Things would be okay.

______

all I need now to be content is money because i'm broke lol, anyone wanna paypal me $300? (i'm kidding but like,,, i'm so broke)

all my love,

sage xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 24 43
Charlie: Hey Zee! I finally added your phone number on my new phone. Stranger: This is not Zee. Charlie: Stop messing around Stranger: I'm not...
216K 10.1K 44
❝ 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘭.❞ ❝ 𝘴𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘥'𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘮.❞ 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐚...
2.7K 185 33
This is how my life changed forever He was framed I was in love They were after us So we ran MATURE CONTENT COMPLETED Comment, vote, share
1.3M 66.7K 37
We all have someone who is hidden in the bottom of our hearts. When we think of him, we will always feel a little pain inside, but still we can't for...