When The Fate Strikes In

By saa_naleem

City girl meets country boy ... cliché? NOT!! Meet Khaleesah Ahmed > a loving, innocent and free spirited gir... More

- Description -
- Title -
- Dedication -
- Author's Note -
- Prologue -
- Chapter 1 -
- Chapter 2 -
- Chapter 3 -
- Chapter 4 -
- Chapter 5 -
- Chapter 6 -
- Chapter 7 -
- Chapter 8 -
- Chapter 9 -
- Chapter 10 -
- Chapter 11 -
- Chapter 12 -
- Chapter 13 -
- Chapter 14 -
- Chapter 15 -

- Chapter 16 -

225 20 11
By saa_naleem

Khaleesah and Yaasir had no contact with each other. They longed to hear the other's voice and to see the one who they exchanged their heart with.

The only way Khaleesah knew about Yaasir was through his Facebook updates. But Yaasir had no way of knowing how Khaleesah was or what she was doing. He missed her a lot, but there was nothing he could do. She was still studying and he wasn't ready to get married, so marriage wasn't an option for them.

Khaleesah on the other hand missed Yaasir terribly. He would consume her thoughts completely when she wasn't doing anything. Therefore, she didn't allow her mind to wander and tried to keep it occupied as much as possible. She tried to absorb herself in a book like she used to, but nothing made sense to her, she'd shut the book and lie down, and soon she'd be asleep. Her mind too exhausted to think of anything that would keep her occupied.

Khaleesah had forgiven Hind, the next day, forgiving her for the harsh way she had spoken to her. Hind on the other hand, had ignored her completely, Khaleesah pleaded and begged her to forgive her for not speaking to her properly and crying when Hind had actually said what was for her own good.

"I stopped speaking to him or texting him, Hind! I did what you asked me to, please don't ignore me like this, you know I care for you a lot!"

"Don't repeat your dialogue over and over again! Its like a record being repeated!" Her tone was acidic, But Khaleesah's heart had been burned with the acid for quite a while now, that her heart was numbed to the pain of it burning her.

Hind was satisfied that Khaleesah had done what she had asked her to. But she had to make her plead a little more to grant her forgiveness. How good it felt to have control over Khaleesah like this. How could she have ignored her, when she actually gave her beneficial advice?

She made Khaleesah plead for a whole day before she finally forgave her.

Hind became nice to her and everything  was quite smooth between them. But nothing could fill up the space and time Yaasir had taken up so easily from her heart and life.

When she missed him too much, she would read their conversations over and over again until she had memorized them all.

• • •

After a couple of months had gone by without any sort of communication with Yaasir, a day they hadn't expected to come so soon had dawned upon them.

Khaleesah was speaking to her friends after school, while they were waiting for their school van. Since there were too many children, their school van driver went two rounds. Khaleesah usually went home in the second round.

"Khaleesah Ahmed! Khadijah Ahmed!" she heard their names being announced through the speakers. She was surprised to hear her name called because usually it was her van driver's name which was called out and they would rush to their van, impatient to get back home.

"Assalamu Alaikum! see you'll tomorrow." Khaleesah called out to her friends before she left the school with her sister. She saw her home vehicle parked outside the school gates, she got onto the backseat while her sister got in front, both of them uttering the salaams.

"Walaikum salaam!" her mother replied.

"How come you are here today, Ummi?"

"I went out for shopping and since it was two o'clock already, I thought why not pick you up."

"Oh, ok!" Khaleesah smiled relaxing on the seat, the our conditioner making her tiredness fade a bit.

Khaleesah was lost in her thoughts, thinking about all that had happened in school. Their throwball tournament was approaching and Khaleesah was excited.

"Who are you bringing for lunch ma?" A pause "Oh...Ok! Then i'll have to buy a curry since there isn't anything special made for lunch today!" Another pause "Assalamu Alaikum!"

"Who is coming for lunch with Abi, Ummi?" Khaleesah asked curiously.

"Abi's friend." her mother replied quickly.

"Oh, Ok!" Khaleesah uttered, wondering who this friend was.

They stopped outside the restaurant and Salma told their driver what to buy.

"Before you go to the shop, get the money from Dora (sir/boss). He said he will be coming here!" Salma said in Tamil looking around and pointing at Ahmed's jeep. "Oh there he is!"

Khaleesah turned around and saw her father in the driving seat and next to him on the passenger seat was his "friend" whose face wasn't visible but something felt different. She looked at her mother again.

"Ummi!"

"Hmm... Yeah?"

"Who is that?"

"Abi's friend."

"Friend? Really?"

"Yeah! Who else can it be?"

"Is it Yaasir Nana?" She asked softly feeling awkward to utter his name.

"Yes. He had come for some work to Colombo and there was something your Abi wanted to send to Waapumma, so Abi invited him home for lunch!" Salma finally told Khaleesah without beating around the bush.

Khaleesah was glad nobody could see her face under the niqab as a blush covered it. She couldn't stop smiling, happiness spreading all over her. Only one thought crossed her mind.

I'm finally getting to see Yaasir nana! Alhamdulillah!

She was bubbling with happiness and excitement. She decided to keep quiet because she didn't know what she would utter. She couldn't wait to see him. Finally!

Salma knew her daughter longed to see her fiancé since they had never seen each other directly after they were proposed to each other. So she did the only sensible thing she knew.

As soon as they reached home she asked Khaleesah to go and have a wash and change out of her uniform while she sets the table for lunch. Khaleesah went upstairs to her room and did just that. She wore her favorite shalwar which was a sunny yellow one. It made Khaleesah look fair and pretty. She adorned her eyes with surma and spraying some mild perfume on herself and she went downstairs.

Khaleesah's house entrance was through the kitchen. The master bedroom was opposite the kitchen and the dining table in the part of the hall which was near the kitchen. The area where the sofa was put was covered by the wall of the room opposite the dining table.

By the time Khaleesah had come downstairs, the men had finished eating and were having dessert. She tried to have a glimpse of Yaasir but since he was sitting on the sofa near the covered wall. She couldn't see him.

Salma served lunch for Khaleesah and gave her the plate asking her to have lunch in the bedroom. Khaleesah was craving to see Yaasir, and due to that she had lost her appetite. But since her mother had already served lunch for her, she obediently took the plate; sitting on her mother's bed she tried her best to eat. Luckily, her mother hadn't served too much and she somehow managed to finish her food.

After lunch, her mother had served dessert and sent it in front through Khadijah. And somehow Khaleesah had no chance of seeing her beloved.

When she had returned to the kitchen her mother informed her that Yaasir had gone downstairs to her father's office. She longed to get at least a glimpse of him and she had a feeling he would want to see her too.

"Khaleesah, call Yaasir and ask him if he wants coffee!"

"Ok Ummi! " she replied, she was glad she got a valid reason to speak to him and listen to his voice which she loved so much.

"Assalamu Alaikum!" She uttered softly, her heart racing.

"Walaikum Salaam!"

There was a pause after that, since both of them were hit with the realization of how much they missed each other and how soothing it felt to hear the other's voice. It was also a tad bit awkward since they had stopped speaking to each other.

Khaleesah stammered as she said,
"Ummi is a... asking if you would like to have some coffee."

"No ma. It's ok!"

"Are you sure?"

"Hmmm..."

Another pause after which she said, "I want to see you, ma!"

"Me too. Ask your Ummi and see."

"Ok ma!"

When Khaleesah asked her mother, Salma told she has to ask Yumna Maami about it. Unfortunately for the two of them. Yumna Maami seemed to be busy and her phone wasn't answered. They tried a couple of times and gave up.

"It must be for some Khair." Her mother tried to comfort her but nothing could stop her heart from breaking bit by bit until she lost all hope of meeting him directly that day.

Only she knew how much she longed to see him in real. She knew it would be nothing like the photographs and that it would definitely be much better.

Salma tried to steer her mind away from Yaasir and decided to make some cupcakes to serve him with tea. They made it as soon as they can and put it in the oven. After it was done, they tried cooling it hastily so she could ice it with butter icing roses.

While Khaleesah was busy doing this, she heard their gate clicking and rushed towards their balcony. Her heart rate increasing, she saw only his head. He was wearing a dark blue and white checked shirt and denim pants. She tried to get a glimpse of his face but couldn't. She wanted to ask him where he was going but was too nervous to do so.

He was leaving and she couldn't do anything about it.

Khaleesah rushed inside to inform her mother. Salma asked her to call Yaasir and ask him.

"What about the cupcakes we made?" she uttered crestfallen, tears filling her eyes. It wasn't the cupcakes she was sad about, she was sad that they couldn't see each other even now.

She clutched her mothers phone in her trembling hands as she dialed his number.

After uttering the Salaams, she asked him breathlessly "Where are you going, ma?"

"Home." He answered simply, his voice with a tinge of sadness.

She swallowed the lump forming in her throat with much difficulty and told him about the cupcakes they'd made for him, but by that time he had already boarded the bus which would take him back home. Her eyes brimmed with tears. She wiped them away and continued speaking to him about how unfair life could be; completely forgetting that she had stopped talking to him.

If Yaasir remembered it, he never showed, instead he ignored the fact and relished in listening to her soft voice as she narrated the stories of her school and family.

He had missed her a lot and he didn't want to let her go. She was his and he was hers. Their hearts joined in a way none could understand except their Rabb.

Even if they hadn't seen each other yet, after their hearts were connected. For the moment, they were content listening to each other and being in their thoughts.

▪ ◻ ▪ ◻ ▪ ◻ ▪ ◻ ▪ ◻ ▪

A/N - Assalaamu Alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakaathuhu my dear beloved readers!

All I can say is I'm EXTREMELY SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING! Life happened..
Hoping to complete my book as soon as possible, at least within an year. In shaa Allah!

Please enjoy this chapter, next one coming soon!❤️ And do lemme know your thoughts on it! Don't forget to press the star at the bottom!

Loads of Love & Duaas,
Saa❤️
7th December 2019

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685K 28.5K 73
"Haath chorein mera(leave my hand)"i said wincing in pain. His smirk grew wider and now he held me by my shoulders and said "you don't have any choic...
25.6K 1K 30
Qaraabat meaning relationship, vicinity, nearness,affinity. The story of Yazaan Ibrahim and Warisha Yazaan. Bound by the beautiful bond of Nikkah. Bu...
77.6K 4.2K 37
Zunaid Khan a well known billionaire , for his parents , he is a perfect son , for his employees , he is a perfect boss , for the girl he always want...
676 34 12
VIHAAN SINGH RANAWAT The biggest billionaire of Asia,and king of the dark world..he doesn't has any space for love in his life, has a loving family...