Paid to Please Him

By hayley_renee

The offer shouldn't have appealed to me as much as it did, but something in me just couldn't turn it down. Wh... More

1 | Meeting Logan Prescott
2 | Courted by Logan Prescott
4 | Falling for Logan Prescott
5 | In Love with Logan Prescott
6 | In Too Deep with Logan Prescott
7 | Lusting Over Logan Prescott
8 | Hot & Bothered because of Logan Prescott
9 | Time Cut Short with Logan Prescott
10 | Turning of the Tables by Mr. Prescott
11 | Hospital Visits with Biron Montgomery
12 | A Final Farewell to Biron Montgomery
13 | Getting Reacquainted with Sebastian Forbes
14 | Coming Clean to Logan Prescott
15 | Late Night Drinks with Payge Forbes
16 | {Almost} Going All The Way with Sebastian Forbes
17 | Intimate Phone Calls with Sebastian Forbes
18 | Rude Awakenings from Payge Forbes
19 | Caught with Sebastian Forbes

3 | Pleasantly Surprised by Logan Prescott

18.1K 399 30
By hayley_renee

I feel like I'm in a trance as he leads me out of my apartment building and down the street where his car's parked.

"So where exactly are you taking me?" I ask as he opens the passenger side door for me.

He smirks. "You'll see, I have the whole night planned out."

I sigh and figure that he wasn't going to give me much information about our little date so I gracefully slide into the passenger seat of his sleek black BMW.

"Are you always this mysterious?" I ask as Logan pulls out into the street.

I can see the smirk that tugs at the corner of his lips and I can't even explain the feeling of how on edge and alive my body feels.

"How do you mean?"

"I don't know. Do you always send your dates designer dresses and jewelry that I'm sure cost more than the rent of my apartment and surprise them with a night out at some five-star restaurant?"

A chuckle escapes his lips as he takes his eyes off the road to briefly look at me. "Well I must say, Miss Montgomery, I'm feeling quite insulted."

"How do you mean?" I retort, using his phrase from just a few moments earlier.

"You think I treat all the girls I take out the same and it's actually the contrary. I usually don't waste my time with all this." He takes his right hand off the steering wheel to briefly motion to me. "I usually just did the whole bar scene and see if I could get lucky."

"So then what exactly makes me different from any of those other girls?" I ask curiously.

"I'm surprised you'd even have to ask that." He says before putting the car in park and climbing out of his seat. I watch as he comes around the front of the car to get my door before the valet attendant comes to take the car away to park it.

"What's that supposed to mean exactly?" I ask, searching his eyes for an answer.

"You'll find out soon enough."

Without another word being said, Logan takes my hand in his and leads me into the restaurant. As soon as we cross the threshold it's like stepping into an alternation universe and I can honestly say I've never felt more out of place in my life. I was dressed like any other woman in the room, yet I didn't feel like one of them. You can put lipstick on a pig, but at the end of the day a pig's still a pig.

"You okay, Bailey?" Logan whispers in my ear breaking me out of my trance-like state.

A shiver runs down my spine as my name rolls off of his tongue. "Yeah, sorry."

"Are you sure? You seem...distant."

"No, I'm good. It's just a little overwhelming in here." I admit, feeling like every woman in the room was looking in our direction.

"You get used to it." He said as his thumb delicately and soothingly rubs circles on the back of my hand. Looking up at his face, our eyes lock and I can't help but get lost in his cornflower blue eyes. I see his lips twitch like he was fighting the urge to smile and when I least expect it, he places one of his large warm hands on my cheek. "God I want to kiss you right now." He says in a tiny whisper.

I swallow the nervous lump in the back of my throat as I feel my heart rate spike at just the thought of his lips on mine. "Logan,"

"Mister Prescott, your table is ready." The hostess says, our little moment interrupted.

Looking at the blonde dressed in a form-fitting pencil skirt and black blouse, I can tell by the way she just looked at Logan that she was definitely interested in what she saw – her and every women who could catch a glimpse of him.

"You know you don't have to worry about them," he whispers into my ear as he keeps us a decent distance behind the hostess who was escorting us to our table. "I'm not interested in her or any of them."

I can't help the blush that crosses my cheeks as soon as those words leave his mouth. I don't exactly know what it is about him, but he drives me crazy – but in a good way.

As the hostess arrives at our table that's located in a somewhat secluded area toward the back of the restaurant, I can feel Logan's hand on the small of my back steering me toward the one side of the table before doing the gentlemanly thing and pulling my chair out for me.

Logan settles into his seat across from me and our eyes lock again for the second time tonight. "Why do you keep looking at me like that?" I ask, tilting me head to the side slightly.

"Just admiring the view."

I look down at the satin napkin on my lap before meeting his gaze again. "Does that line work on all the girls you date?"

He laughs and shakes his head. "Weren't you paying attention to anything I said in the car before we got here?" When I don't answer him he smirks and shakes his head again. "I never dated – this is actually my first date since I was in high school."

"Hi, my name's Richard and I'll be waiting on you this evening. Can I interest you in something in our wine selection this evening?"

I look at Richard and then back at Logan who is scratching the stubble on his chiseled, define jaw line. "Yes, we'll take a bottle of Goût de Diamants – if you have it."

"Very fine choice, sir. I'll be right back with your bottle and your menus."

I'm so out of my league. I think to myself as I anxiously await the return of the waiter and the arrival of whatever outrageously priced bottle of alcohol that Logan had just ordered.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"I hope you don't think the night's over just yet." Logan said with a devilish smirk on his face as he signed the check for our dinner.

I leaned back into my seat and looked at him in disbelief. "Why am I not surprised? You seem to always have something up your sleeve."

He chuckled and stood up. "Indeed, I always do." Logan offered me his hand and helped me out of my chair before leading me out of the restaurant. As soon as we emerged from the restaurant, the valet immediately went to fetch his car.

"So this is what your life is like all the time?"

Logan shook his head. "No, not particularly. I enjoy ordering out sometimes."

I rolled my eyes at him. "You know what I mean."

"Nope, not particularly."

"I mean, this lifestyle. All the luxury and elegance. Doesn't it ever – I don't know – get old?"

Logan looked down at me. "You know, despite what you may think, I'm not about all the luxury twenty-four seven. I like simplicity – things you can only appreciate away from the city."

"Things like what?"

He smirked. "That, Love, is what I'm about to show you."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I relaxed back into the black leather seat of Logan's BMW as he weaved through traffic on the highway.

"So where exactly are you taking me and why are you driving like a madman?" I asked looking at his profile as he kept his eyes trained on the road.

"I suppose I should tell you where I'm taking you, but then I'd have to kill you."

"No seriously," I whine. "Please tell me."

Logan lips quirk up into a smirk. "I'll tell you one thing about where I'm taking you, but that's it."

"Fine," I say as he merges into the right lane to get ready to take the fast approaching exit.

"I'll have you know that I'm taking you to one of my favorite getaway spots."

I tap my fingers against my chin as I try and figure out why he's taking me a few hours out of the city and in the total opposite direction of my drab apartment, but I guess I shouldn't be complaining since anywhere was better than being alone in my apartment.

"So this getaway spot, do you go there often?"

Logan let out a heavy sigh. "As soon as I graduated college I bought it with the money my parents gave me as a graduation present. I spent most of the time up here just renovating the place, but after I finished I've tried and come up here every other weekend just so I could clear my mind from real world drama."

"Real world drama? What drama could you possibly be involved in?"

"Family drama."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Aren't we all?"

That peaked Logan's interest considerably as he pulled the car over to the side of the road and parked the car. "I'm scared to ask what you mean by that."

"Don't be because you're not going to find out about my family drama unless you're around for a long time." I reach up to grab the door handle to open my door, but Logan grabs my other hand keeping me in my seat.

"Well I'll be here when you're ready to tell me."

I look back at him and blush at his words. For us knowing each other for barely a short amount of time he was so sure that he was going to be around long enough for me to talk about something I never told anyone about: my family – my very messed up family.

"Oh –" I look back out the window and see nothing but a dark abyss awaiting us. "Uh, are we here?" I say awkwardly, suddenly feeling the dire need for some oxygen.

"Yes, we are actually." Logan released my hand so he could get out of the car and open the door for me.

"Are you sure?"

He chuckled and took my hand again in his before leading me up a very rocky driveway. "I'm positive. I still need to work on paving the driveway so be careful."

"That's easy for you to say. You're not the one wearing six inch heel stilettos." I felt my ankle wobble underneath me and I was almost positive that I was about to fall on my face until I felt Logan's hand wrap around my waist keeping me from falling and scraping my knees on his unpaved driveway.

"Alright, Love, before you hurt yourself I think it's time for me to play Prince Charming and sweep you off your feet."

"Oh is that so – oh!" I squeal when I feel him suddenly – and literally – sweep me off my feet. God he's gorgeous, I think to myself as I let the intoxicating scent of his musky cologne fill and infiltrate my senses.

"Light as a feather." he quips happily as he takes long strides up the rocky path until a small, very quaint cabin started to appear out of the darkness. "It isn't much, but it's like a second home."

I glance at the modernized cabin in awe. It was like the perfect getaway. I immediately understood why Logan wanted to come up here so often. It was so quiet and serene it felt like I was in another universe – a perfect, peaceful universe.

"Wow," I breathe as Logan finally places me back on my feet. "This is amazing."

"You haven't even see the best part yet." a wide smile spread across his lips as he unlocked the front door and pushing it open. I stepped inside first and took one look around the tiny cabin in complete awe.

"You did all this?"

"You sound so surprised."

I could feel Logan's presence close behind me – so close in fact, that I could feel the warmth radiating off his body and onto mine.

"Don't be insulted, but I didn't take you as the interior decorating type of guy."

He heartily chuckled at my comment making me blush furiously with embarrassment. "I'm not an interior designer, I'm a contractor. Got my Architecture degree from Harvard and everything."

"Oh?"

"Don't sound so shocked, I'm more than just a pretty face you know." he stated walking around me to flip the light switch.

"I wouldn't say I'm shocked just pleasantly surprised. This –" I lifted by hands up gesturing to the room around me. "This is amazing."

"Well I'm glad," he said stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Because you're the first to see it."

"Really?" I take a moment to stop gaping at the clear, star-filled night sky through the skylight to look at him. "You make a girl feel so special."

"I don't do this for just any girl, just so you know. So you should feel special."

Logan wrapped his arms around my torso and pulled me into his strong muscular chest. "The night's still young, Love."

My heart skipped a beat when he called me Love – just like it did the first time I met him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Logan had his arm draped over my shoulder as we curled up on the couch in front of the TV. I was happy to finally get out of that little black dress and those heels and just lounge on the couch snuggled up to Logan in a long sleeve button-down flannel shirt and an over sized pair of shorts.

"You made a fine selection. That movie's a classic."

I smiled as he pressed his lips to my temple and we both watched the credits start to roll on the screen.

"What can I say? I know my movies."

I turn my head to look up at him just in time for his lips to land on mine. To say I was totally taken back was an understatement. I was frozen in my spot as his hand moved to cup the side of my face. Finally feeling like I got my bearings back, my lips begin to move in sync with his.

"You are literally perfect. Everything about you is unbelievably perfect. And can I say that you look good in my clothes."

I blush. "I'm not perfect. Please don't call me that."

"It amazes and pains me that you don't know how amazing you are."

"I guess I'm just not used to hearing it, especially from a guy who barely knows me and calls me all these kind and wonderful things on our first date."

Logan and I sat in a comfortable silence in the dimly lit room as the screen on the TV went black. His hand still cupped my face as his thumb gently stroked my cheek. His blue eyes gazed into mine as the moonlight streamed in through the skylight right above us.

"I'm infatuated with you, Bailey Montgomery."   

My lips curl upward in a smile as his lips hover just centimeters away from mine. I could feel his breath fan over my face as I lean in to kiss him again, but he decides to be a tease and pull away.

"The feeling's mutual, Logan Prescott."

"Good," was all Logan said before closing the distance between us and pressing his lips to mine as he pressed me back into the cushions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Well, well, well look who finally updated her story! I'm sorry it's been a while, I've just been really preoccupied with school and trying to keep up with midterms and papers because I only have a week before spring break.

Can I just say thank you to everyone who still comments and private message me asking me to update or asking me when I'm going to update and it means a lot that people like my story. Keep those comments and votes coming, they really mean a lot and they really make my day!

So I have no idea when I'm going to update again, but possibly look or an update in a week or so because I'll be on spring break then! Thanks for voting and keeping up with my story and hopefully you enjoyed this long-ish chapter that took me weeks to write, haha. Until next time, my lovelies! – Hayley   

**Also, please keep in mind that these chapters have not been edited yet, so please pardon the grammar errors and spelling mistakes!**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 10.4K 31
"Skylar I'm asking u to give us a real chance . I know I screwed up but I'm asking you to take a chance and start over ......What do you say ?" My bo...
555K 14.5K 29
When Imani helped little Matteo, who is mute, find his daddy, she did not expect meeting her boss in such a different way and neither she expected fa...
84.4K 2.6K 20
You'd been looking for a job, and someone emails you saying they're looking for a servant. You accept the job, but when you get to the house, you can...
69K 1.7K 13
I was not so normal, my planet was dying, and I wanted an out. When the RDA offered me to go to a new planet and learn, I decide to go, what I didn't...