Alter Ego// Calum Hood x Read...

By spreadyourawkwardnes

Y/N, a girl who was a victim of a heartbreaker. A heartbreaker who left her in this world alone, and would ne... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- Living With A Tragedy
Chapter 2- Starbucks
Chapter 3- Could It Be?
Chapter 4- The Fam
Chapter 5- Kicking and Screaming
Chapter 6- Alec Smith
Chapter 7- Iced Coffee and Ice Cream
Chapter 8- With Me
Chapter 9- Movie Credits
Chapter 10- Mountainside
Chapter 11- Don't Take
Chapter 12- Forget It
Chapter 13- Rainy Streets of London
Chapter 14- Out of the Ordinary
Chapter 15- Things Unsaid
Chapter 16- No Regrets
Chapter 17- COD
Chapter 18- Is Anyone There At All?
Chapter 19- Kinda Alone
Chapter 20- You Left
Chapter 21- Cameron
Chapter 22- Straight to the Couch
Chapter 23- My Life
Chapter 24- Lies
Chapter 25- A Quick Stop
Chapter 26- An Explanation
Chapter 27- No Choice
Chapter 28- Final Decision
Chapter 29- Innocent and Sweet
Chapter 32- Just You
Chapter 32- The Answer
Chapter 33- Too Late
Chapter 34- I Remember
Chapter 35- Chance
Chapter 36- Sunsets, Fields, and an Air Mattress
Chapter 37- Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 38- What You Want
Chapter 39- His Decision
Chapter 40- The Aftermath
Chapter 41- Birthday Surprise
Chapter 42- The End & Future
Useless A/N

Chapter 30- His Promise

881 25 1
By spreadyourawkwardnes

"How am I supposed to believe you?" I asked.

"If I do something that hurts you. Anything at all. I'll take you back to America, back to your apartment, and you'll never see my face again," he said, looking at me through the rearview mirror. Eyes filled with emotion and solemnity.

"Do you promise?"

"I promise."

~~~

"Okay, I guess we should eat. I don't want you passing out again," Calum said, getting out of the car. I followed and he took my hand in his as we walked into iHop.

"Table for two," he said to the waitress.

"Right this way," she said, walking towards a booth. She set the menus on the table as Calum and I sat down.

"Can I get you two started off with some drinks?" she asked. Her voice was really high pitched and full of enthusiasm. She reminded me of a cheerleader with an outgoing personality and blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail.

"I'll have (chocolate milk or juice)," I said.

"And you, sir?" she looked towards Calum.

"Just a water would be fine," he said.

She nodded, and walked off. We sat in silence for awhile while we looked over the menu.

"Do you know what you're going to get?" he asked, looking at me.

"I think I'm just going to get the strawberry banana pancakes," I said, "what about you?" I shut the menu, and placed it at the edge of the table.

"I'm not gonna get anything," he said.

"Oh, how come?" I asked.

He shrugged, "not that hungry today."

"So are we in Canada yet?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, we crossed the border while you were sleeping," he said.

"Oh... Aren't I supposed to have a passport?" I asked.

"Yeah. I got it the morning I got you. I got your passport, your phone, your ID, and some of your clothes," he said.

"Y-," I got cut off by the waitress setting our drinks down, "are you two ready to order?"

"I'll have the strawberry banana pancakes," I said.

"And you, sir?"

"Umm... I'm okay," he said.

"Alright, well if you need anything, let me know," she said with a smile on her face and walked off.

"You have m-my phone?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's in a duffel bag with the rest of your stuff," he said, taking a sip of his water.

"Where's th-"

"In the car, Love," he said with a smile. I nodded.

"So you're birthday's in a few days," he said.

"Yeah? I forgot about that," I said.

"19... " he said to himself, "what do you want to do?"

I shrugged.

"C'mon, you have an idea," he said. And he wasn't wrong, I knew what I wanted to do.

But I shrugged.

"Okay, if you had the chance to do anything for a day, what would you do?" he asked.

"Anything?" I asked.

"Anything," he smiled.

"Well, I guess it would start off with breakfast in bed; waffles, orange juice, and bacon. Then a walk on the beach. Maybe a couple hours of shopping. And maybe a long drive somewhere pretty. Dinner under the stars in a field... I don't know," I shrugged.

"Sounds nice. I'll see what I can do, Love," he said with a smile as he placed his hand over mine on the table.

"Strawberry banana pancakes," the waitress said as she put the pancakes on the table.

"Thanks," I said.

She smiled and walked off. I quickly ate the stack of pancakes surprisingly fast.

"Damn, you were hungry," he said.

"Apparently," I said.

The waitress came back and took my plate. She gave us the check and Calum paid. We walked to the car and Calum told me to get in the passenger seat while he got something from the trunk. He came back and turned the key in the ignition.

"So where to next?" I asked.

"We're going home, Love."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.4K 1.1K 27
Her world was perfect. Until her parents became her worse nightmare, lost her brother due to suicide. She lost her closest friend due to a rumour. Sh...
377 1 17
"I thought about you all this time Calum and you probably don't even think about me. It hurts me to know that you were hurting, but what's the point...
491 36 15
lone·ly /ˈlōnlē/ adjective 1. without companions; solitary
405 38 9
Time of death 12:02am..... Victoria... How will I get through without you... I miss you sis... Baby I need you... I never got to tell you how I felt...