Family Habits ( Percy Jackson...

By inlovewithLife101

Percy moves in with his long lost uncle, the great Tony Stark, a year after his mom and step-dad's disappeara... More

Family Habits ( Percy Jackson and the Avengers)
Short Intro
Meet the Tony Stark
The Scars
The Other Scars
Of All Times to Get Sick
The Wrath of Fury
Nothing Like Fast Food
Picking Apart the Truth
Hellhounds and Poptarts
Angel-O's for Breakfast
"You Could Have Just Said Please"
Hacking SHIELD
Family Bonding
Author's Note: Important!
Can You Say Awkward Much?!
Let's Get Back to the First Problem
A/N Family Ties Info

"It's Not LIke I Was Alone"

106K 2.2K 1.6K
By inlovewithLife101

Everything turns out to be a good two hour long story in which to Nico's distress Percy seems to focus on the negative (not that there is as much as he believes). He looks weary by the end of it and the Avengers just stare at him in utter shock. Well except for Thor who looks so childish with his wide eyes and way-too-large grin. So the great God of Thunder and Savior of Earth has probably just found his own hero.

Steve's expression finally changes from the disbelief to one of sadness and concern. "You're so young. I can't believe that they have forced you to go through so much. " As an afterthought he nods at Nico. "All of you."

"So you created that giant freak storm in Greece last year?" Tony asks. He turns to the others. "You realize he inherited all his awesomeness from me right?"

Natasha rolls her eyes and Bruce simply shakes his head and says, "Didn't anyone ever tell you that creating natural disasters and blowing up volcanoes is bad?"

"They might have," Percy admits. 

"Hold on," Clint says, raising a hand in a 'stop everything now' motion. "Are we just going to ignore the part where you went to hell?!"

"Yes." Percy says with finality. If looks could kill Clint would've just died fifty times over.

"Such heroic tales!" Thor booms and Percy groans. So far for whatever reason the Asgardian has only served to annoy him. Perhaps it's because he's so honest and very much not reserved with his actions or speech. Not only that what but he never seems to understand when Percy just wants to be left along.

"More like life," Percy grumbles. At the stern looks he shrugs. "You adapt and move on."

"Oh come on Percy. You are making this way too difficult. Just take their compliments and for once admit that what you did saved everyone." Nico complains.

"It's not like I was alone. I would've failed before I got started if you guys weren't there," Percy argues and maybe he has a good point, but still Nico suspects that he would have managed. He always has.

"Yeah but we were replaceable. You weren't." Nico knows this isn't entirely true, however he can't help but believe it somewhat. Percy was everything in those fights and at the camps. Still is.

"No. You aren't." Percy's voice is low and dangerous, serious and unrelenting. Nico knows this is one of the few times Percy has been truly angry and he honestly has nothing to say in response. Percy's tone of voice now is final, as if he is without a doubt correct and if he isn't that he will make it so that he is.

Silence. No one knows what to say to the cousins' argument. Thor looks worriedly between them as if he wants to say something. It's good that he doesn't.

Finally Nico sighs and nods, giving in. "Okay so now that that's settled, I'll just being going."

He turns around and before anyone can stop him ducks back into the shadows, heading to who knows where. Percy rolls his eyes but says nothing. Nobody speaks. There's so much to say and at the same time no room to say it with heavy atmosphere. 

Surprisingly it's Thor who breaks the tension. He claps his hands making everyone besides Bruce jump ( even the carefully composed Natasha). " That was a good story! Time for some poptarts!"

Percy looks up at him and smiles. For once he agrees. Poptarts don't sound half bad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annabeth lays in her empty cabin, tucked away in her bunk. She has her leather camp necklace in her hand and carefully twirls a small black bead from the summer five years ago. She can't count how many time her fingers have ran over the glassy surface, stroking lovingly the little green picture. Even now it holds such caring moments, but it bares something it didn't before. Confusion and doubt.

If it hadn't been for that stupid dream she wouldn't being feeling like this. She wouldn't have just abandoned him. But it did and she did. She had the dream only week after returning. Annabeth had gotten to speak to Luke. It was the gift the goddess Aphrodite had given her, but now it seemed more like a curse. She wasn't ready to face those emotions, even after Percy going all the way to Tartarus to be with her. No she didn't love Luke. He felt more like a brother than ever before, but when she woke up to her surprise she began to look at Percy the same. Like a brother and a friend.

And it made her feel guilty. That is why she turned away and couldn't bare to look at him anymore. She just for whatever reason couldn't see him in the same romantic light.

There is a nock on the door, startling her out of her thoughts. Annabeth sits up just as Piper pokes her head in and closes the door softly behind her.

"Hey," the other girl whispers.

"Hey."

"Nico just dropped in," Piper says sitting down beside her. "I guess Percy told the Avenger everything after all."

"Oh?" Annabeth barely looks up. Piper is one of Annabeth's closest friends these days. She's often the one who brings the latest updates, which almost always surround Percy and his new family of superheros. Chiron had suggested before that it might be a good idea to just to tell them about the demigods, before they found out on their own. This way they can control the situation and the amount of info that is leaked.

Piper shifts slightly. "I just thought you might want to know."

Annabeth looks up and smiles slightly. "Of course I did." She looks down again and hesitates a little bit. "I was just thinking, you know. About him. He was always there. Always so loyal....I destroyed that."

Piper lays her hand on her friend's shoulder. "I know I'm supposed to have all the answers to love and whatnot and I don't, but all I can say is that what is done is done. I may not know him as well as some, but I know that Percy doesn't hate you for it. He's probably already forgiven you. All that's left is for you to forgive yourself so that you two can get over it and just be friends or at least not be so awkward."

Annabeth looks up and her eyes are slightly moist. Oh no she's not crying of course. She's the daughter of Athena and after everything she's been through she does not cry... It's just a little stuffy in the room. "How in the world am I supposed to that?"

"Is the daughter of Athena asking the daughter of Aphrodite how to do something?!" Piper says looking aghast. "I really should have brought a recorder or something. This should be documented."

Annabeth rolls her eyes. "Haha very funny. Just help me."

"Well, why don't you go to him. Stop avoiding him and just face him. It's going to be awkward, but eventually you'll work it out." Piper suggests with a shrug.

Annabeth sighs and retreats into her mind for a moment to think, the way only she can. After severl agonizing moments for Piper, Annabeth looks up and says, "I guess I better catch a cab to Stark Towers then." 

Pipers just smirks. Maybe things will finally return to normal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fury stares hard at the table, his eye glassy and unfocused. His attention is focused solely on the little black earpiece in his right ear, the feed coming straight from the breakfast table of the Avengers.

His fingers tap his leg as he tries to decide what to do with this new information. He's glad he decided to tag Thor with the microscopic microphone last before he left the tower. The Asgardian is perhaps the only of the team who would not notice that he'd been bugged if only because he is not familiar with Earth's technology.

After some time Fury stands and stalks out of the room. He may not be able to target this camp, but he doesn't need to. Nor does he have any particular interest in starting a war with Greek gods and demigods. One is a enough and it just so happens that the right one just happens to be a rather easy pick up.

He presses the earpiece. "Agent Hill. Gather a team and have them ready. Prepare to head out to Stark Towers in an hour."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! Finally an update. Probably didn't expect the last two 'POVs' did you? I wanted to make it a little suspenseful. Hope I managed. Anyway I have so got an idea for another PJO and Avengers fanfic that's like totally separate, where they meet in a different way, and it's killing me. I have too many stories going as it is and I hardly update as it is. 

So vote if you like the story and vote if you think Percy looks hot in the pic a found this time, Percy toting Hera/Juno into Camp Jupitar. She is totally one of those crazy bag ladies. :)

Also don't forget comment and follow me. It's greatly appreciated.

Lastly I just added a new story. It's a Percy Jackson and Supernatural one. Please please please check it out along with my other stories.

As always love

~Halie <3

 *side note- my brother is only fourteen and he just posted some stories. please go check it out and support him. and I give you permission to critique him a tiny bit. He just wrote a short story that is called "Family is Complicate...." It's super sweet and endearing. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 32.7K 33
Percy Jackson knew his 'aunt' since he was a infant. She was weird and her 'boyfriend' was also weird but that was the fun part. The only downside wa...
2.3K 50 20
Warning! Censored cursing! I don't own Percy Jackson or the Avengers. They belong to their respective owners. A demigod daughter of Hemera, Cass...
249K 7.6K 19
After the death of his mother, Percy Jackson runs into a mysterious stranger. Growing up with Bruce Banner is interesting enough, but when you are a...
455K 9.1K 15
Percy is the last standing out of the seven after the war against Gaea. After promised a month of free time, he visits home but gets sidetracked afte...