The Six ➯ Stand By Me

By riversjude

Six twelve-year-old best friends go on one crazy adventure in search of a dead body in the summer of 1959. On... More

|Introduction|
|Dedication|
|One|
|Two|
|Three|
|Four|
|Five|
|Seven|
|Eight|
|Nine|
|Ten|
|Eleven|
|Epilogue|
|Q&A|
|Thank You|

|Six|

2.2K 56 50
By riversjude

♡♡♡

06 || Chopper and Milo Pressman

After Gordie and Ella left the three remaining boys wrestled and messed around for a few minutes, while Kaitlyn sat alone and in silence, before quitting. Vern and Teddy got wrapped up in a conversation. Chris moved over to Kaitlyn.

"Hey Miller," Chris said sitting close to the girl.

"Hey Chambers," The girl mocked.

He smiled, "you think anything's going on between Ella and Gordie?"

Kaitlyn furrowed her eyebrows, "I'm not sure. They should. They would go well together, though."

Chris nodded putting his arm around her shoulder, "I agree."

Kaitlyn leaned into his arm, "I want to sleep."

"Go for it," he responded, "they won't be back for a little while."

She shook her head, "I don't want to."

"Why?" He asked looking down at her.

"Because I'm hanging out with you," she simply answered, as if it was the most obvious thing.

He beamed, "how kind."

She giggled, vibrating both their bodies, "aren't I always?"

"Sometimes," he answered with a chuckle.

"Well, you aren't wrong," she replied honestly.

Although, they both knew she was always kind unless she was protecting someone or herself.

"You always have good intentions though," he stated with a smile.

"That's good," she laughed.

"I think so," he replied truthfully.

She blushed, "thanks, I guess."

They sat in a comfortable silence and watched Vern and Teddy as they started spitting at the can again.

Meanwhile, around fifteen minutes later the duo finally made it to the store. Ella and Gordie picked out the food as they walked around.

Ella and Gordie each picked up three cola's and put it on the store counter as the worker took out some meat.

"Ain't you Denny Lachance's brother?" The worker asked Gordie.

Ella tensed, knowing it was a sensitive subject for him.

"Yes, sir," Gordie responded as he picked up some bread.

The worker weighed the meat, "Shame what happened to him. Bible says, 'In the midst of life, we are in death.' Did you know that? I lost a brother in Korea. You look like your brother. People ever tell you that?"

Gordie looked up from the bread, "sometimes."

The worker threw more meat on a scale, "I remember the year he was all-conference. Quarterback, he played. Boy, could he throw. Father, God, and Sonny Jesus. You play football?"

Ella could tell Gordie went somewhere else mentally, "No, he doesn't."

Hearing Ella's voice Gordie came back to the present, "Hm?"

"I asked if you play football," the worker responded.

"No," Gordie responded in a harsh way.

"What do you do?" The worker asked.

"I don't know," Gordie responded after a silent moment.

"He writes," Ella said and both the male's looked at her, "and he's good. Very good. He's gonna write a bestseller one day."

The worker nodded but moved on from her statement, "Yeah, well, your brother, Denny, sure could play football."

Gordie threw an eight-pack of buns on the counter and took out the change as the worker finished wrapping up the meat.

Gordie paid the worker and split up the groceries with Ella.

The two kids left the store and made their way back to the junkyard.

"You know," Ella started, "you are incredible at writing. It's a talent and you have it."

"God forbid it's not football," Gordie muttered.

"Hey," Ella started grabbing the boys shoulder, "shut up! I saw your brother play, his talent was football. Your talent is writing. Both are important. Personally, I believe writing is more worthwhile then football."

Gordie looked down and almost smiled, "I don't know."

Ella smiled at the boy and put her hand under his chin so he would look back up at her, "Yeah? Well, I do."

Gordie finally smiled at the girl, "Thanks, Ella."

The two walked in silence back to the junkyard.

Once they got there they both saw the other four were not where they were before - or anywhere in sight, for that matter.

"Where are they?" Ella asked looking around.

Gordie shrugged in response.

They both walked little ways before seeing the other four climbing over the fence.

Gordie and Ella watched confused.

That is until, "Hey! Hey, you kids. What are you guys doing there? Come over here."

Ella and Gordie looked the right and saw Milo, the junkyard owner.

The two kids ran as fast they could to the fence.

"Hey! Come back here! Come back here, goddammit! I'll sic my dog on you!"

The four all yelled at the two to run fast.

"Chopper," the worker called his dog, "sic them! Sic them, boy!"

The two somehow ran faster as they heard the dog barking behind them.

The two quickly made it to the fence and jumped on and climbed over it for dear life.

Chris, Vern, and Teddy all laughed as the dog jumped at the fence.

Kaitlyn helped Ella up, "Are you okay? Jesus."

Ella nodded, "Barely."

"That's Chopper?" Gordie asked from the ground.

"Come on, Choppy," Teddy says, mocking the dog, "kiss my ass, Choppy. Kiss my ass. Come on, bite shit. Come on, Choppy. Sic balls, Choppy!"

"Teddy, come on," Kaitlyn said to the immature boy.

Milo ran to the fence, "You kids stop teasing that dog. You hear me? Stop teasing him! Sonny, I'm gonna beat your ass, teasing my dog like that."

Kaitlyn, who stood next to Chris, took a step back from the fence and Chris sent her a reassuring smile as he put his arm in front of her - protecting her from Milo, even though nothing would probably happen.

"Try climbing this fence to get me, fat ass!" Teddy said.

"Don't you call me that, you little tin weasel. Peckerwood loony's son," Milo responded.

Teddy was smiling and laughing until Milo's last sentence.

"Hey!" Kaitlyn said, her protective instincts kicking in. Chris held his arm against her still.

"What'd you call me?" Teddy asked.

"I know who you are," Milo started, "You're Teddy Duchamp. Your dad's a loony. A loony up in the nuthouse at Togus."

Chris and Kaitlyn gave each other a look. They both knew this wasn't going to end well.

Milo continued, "He took your ear and put it to a stove and he burnt it off."

Chris put a comforting hand on Teddy's shoulder while also pushing Kaitlyn away from the fence as she had taken a step forward when he first insulted Teddy.

Teddy spoke up, "My father stormed the beach at Normandy.

"He's crazier than a shithouse rat," Milo said. "No wonder you're acting the way you are.. with a loony for a father."

Ella rubbed circles into Teddy's left shoulder.

"You call my dad a loony again and I'll kill you," Teddy dared.

"Loony, loony, loony, loony," Milo repeated.

"I'm gonna rip your head off and shit down your neck!" Teddy yelled jumping up the fence.

The five other kids all held him back so he wouldn't end up in a brawl with someone five times his age.

"NO!" Teddy shouted, "I'm gonna kill him!"

"You come on and try it, you little slimy bastard," Milo said.

"He wants you to go over there so he can beat the shit out of you and then take you to the cops!" Chris yelled at Milo, whilst holding back Teddy.

"You watch your mouth, smart guy. Let him do his own fighting," Milo said to Chris.

"Sure, you only outweigh him by five hundred pounds, fat ass!" Gordie yelled.

"I know your name," Milo said pointing at Gordie, "you're Lachance. I know all you guys. And all your fathers are gonna get a call from me. Except for the loony up in Togus."

His last sentence was all it took for Teddy to get even angrier and try and climb up the fence again.

"Teddy!" Ella called. "Don't listen to him."

"I'm gonna kill you! I'm gonna kill you!" Teddy repeated to Milo as he ignored Ella.

"You little-foulmouthed whoremaster," Milo yelled.

"You son of a bitch!" Teddy shouted, "I'll kill you."

"Come back here, you hear me?" Milo shouted at the six as they all walked away.

"Nobody ranks out my old man," Teddy said, crying.

Kaitlyn stopped walking and turned back to Milo, "Some man yelling at some twelve-year-olds. Real manly of you. You're disgusting."

"Oh, shut up you stupid bitch!" Milo yelled at Kaitlyn.

"You shut up!" Chris yelled back at Milo.

Chris held onto a crying Teddy, ushered Kaitlyn over to him, and sent a deathly glare at Milo, because of what he said to not only Teddy but Kaitlyn, at the same time.

"My father stormed the beach at Normandy! He stormed the beach, you faggot!" Teddy yelled at Milo before they all walked off.

♡♡♡

a/n and chapter six is here! Hope you liked it! Make sure to vote and comment :) chapter seven coming nextttt week!

- With love, Hannah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 200 39
Ophelia had the perfect life. A big house in the View, loving parents and soon to be wed to Castle Rock's best detective Xavier. Until a series of b...
62.8K 1.2K 35
it's 1959 and Y/N, Chris, Gordie, Teddy, and Vern, are going on a thrilling adventure that will change them forever. it's full of adventure, friendsh...
10.1K 327 14
Its time for your family to start out new. New home, town, and friends. Not the ideal situation until you meet a group of boys,Teddy Duchamp definite...
10.2K 484 25
set in 1960, in which two best friends have a weekend getaway- more like long car trip - to confess their sweltering compassion for one another