|Five|

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

05 || The Junkyard

The six walked several miles before finally reaching the Junkyard.

All six of them stared up at the tall metal fence, looking in you could see a bunch of old beat up cars.

"Hey, Vern looks like your mom's been out driving again," Gordie said looking at the cars.

Ella giggled at Gordie's comment, getting Gordie to send her a small smile.

"That's so funny I forgot to laugh," Vern replies monotone.

Kaitlyn let out a small chuckle at the two's bickering.

Teddy made the sound of a gun's ammo being checked and threw his sleeping bag over the fence, "Stand back, men!"

"Paratroops, over the side," Teddy said before climbing up the fence quickly.

The remaining five followed after Teddy and started climbing up the long fence.

Chris, who reached the ground before Kaitlyn, picked her up so she didn't have to climb the rest of the way down.

She smiled at him, "Thank you."

He nodded with a slight smile, "No problem."

After all of them were finally on the other side they started to pick up their belongings.

"Teddy's crazy," Gordie stated.

Teddy and Vern had already walked ahead, leaving behind Chris, Gordie, Kaitlyn, and Ella.

Ahead of them, Teddy was screaming army remarks - something Teddy often does.

"Yeah," Chris agreed, "He won't live to be twenty, I bet."

Kaitlyn and Ella both frowned at the thought.

"Remember the time you saved him in the tree?" Gordie asked Chris, bringing up a bad memory.

"Yeah," Chris said sadly, "You know, I dream about that sometimes. Except in the dream, I always miss him. I just get a couple of his hairs and down he goes."

To sum up, a long story that isn't very pleasant, all six of the kids were up in a very tall tree a couple years back. Teddy, who was climbing a couple branches above Chris, took a wrong step and ended up falling. Chris, thankfully, was able to grab him by his hair - which was longer then - and saved him from a fall that could've been fatal.

"It's weird," Chris said

"Yeah, that is weird," Gordie replied.

"But you didn't miss him. Chris Chambers never misses, does he?" Gordie asked, lightening the mood.

"Not even when the ladies keep the seat down," Chris said before spitting through his fingers that were making a small circle.

"You're so gross, Chambers," Kaitlyn says shaking her head.