What happened to my old perfe...

By the_mysterious__girl

At the age of 20, now I am living alone, away from family, away from friends and mostly away from my village... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 - Last chapter!

Chapter 20

134 13 10
By the_mysterious__girl

In the wardrobe there was Nick, my little brother! How could Mariam and her gang be so heartless to tie him up like this?

He had tape on his mouth, so if he'll yell no one would listen him, even though I heard him. Probably because Mariam's gang don't know how much my brother is capable to yell. 

His hands and legs were tied up so he won't be able to get out of the wardrobe or to kick the door of the wardrobe. 

Quickly I untied him and removed the tape that covered his mouth, leaving him moaning with pain. I pushed him out of the wardrobe and without saying a word we ran out of my grandma's house but before we go out I grabbed the note that was hanging on the mirror and placed into my back pocket of my jeans. Thankfully my grandma hasn't arrived yet or else I'll end up in big problems with her, probably her accusing me of stealing something from her house. 

We got in Robert's car and I drove up to home. In the mean time Jake was quiet, he didn't even say one word instead he kept pointing at his tummy. 

"Nick, what are you doing?" I asked him. He didn't answer me but he kept pointing at his tummy.

"Answer me! What's wrong with there?" I asked him firmly. 

After about two minutes of perfect silence in the car, me not asking him another question and he didn't bother to answer me, I heard him whispering to me "Mobile"

"You want it?" I asked him, trying to make up a conversation with him. In response he nodded to me.

"Let's make a deal then! I'll give you my mobile but then you have to answer my questions. Deal?" I told him. He nodded again.

"Keep your promise!" I said. He got out his little finger and kissed it afterwards he linked it with mine. I smiled to myself and gave him my mobile.

He hid the mobile with his left hand while he tapped on the screen of my mobile with the right hand, not enabling me to see what he was doing. 

After what felt like ages he handed me the mobile and I saw that he wrote a text message, which said: "I have a recorder on my tummy :( " 

I looked at him and gave him the look if he is serious but in response he shrugged his shoulders. I placed my index on my lips and mouthed to him to don't talk.

I sped up the gas pedal and in a few seconds we arrived. Silently we ran up to my room and I told him to stand up and come in front me. I removed the sort of recorder and I noticed that it was on, meaning that Mariam's gang  heard our conversation, well sort of conversation as we didn't talk a lot. 

Somehow I managed to switch it off and I hid it in a drawer in my room.

"When did they kidnap you, Jake?" I asked him. 

"At the hospital" he answered me slowly.

"How?" I asked him again.

"I went to buy some sweets from the shop that's in the hospital and as I was going back to my dad's room someone grabbed me from here" he explained to me while touching his waist "I couln't yell as the boy placed his hand on my mouth"

"Where did he take you after?"

"I couldn't see past the corridors as he covered my eyes but after getting out of the hospital he placed me in a car but not in the seat of the car. He placed me where daddy puts our school bags when he drives us to school. After placing me there they talked a lot and then they drove up to grandma's house" 

"Did you discover something new?" I asked him, hoping that he did.

"Like what?" 

"Like why they placed you in grandma's house instead of ours?"

"I don't know but they said they left some clues in her house" he commented.

"Clues?"

"That's what they said" he answered me.

So this means that there are other notes in my grandma's house apart from the one that I found, which was in my back pocket of my jeans, I took it out and read it again. Lost in my thoughts of how the sticky notes and the handwriting where pretty recognizable, meaning that I saw them before, the front door of our house was slammed, probably someone came in. 

"Whose there?" I yelled.

"It's me Samantha!" Robert's voice was heard.

"Jake go and hide behind the bed and stay there until I come back" I ordered him but in a low voice. He nodded and leaned on the floor behind my bed.

I left the room and as I was walking down the stairs Robert yelled again "Sam I need to talk to you urgently!"

"I'm coming!" I yelled again and ran down the stairs, I was curious about what he was going to tell me. Was he going to tell me about Jake, how they stole him? Or was he going to tell me that he discovered that he is not my brother?

I walked towards the kitchen, where he was leaning on the counter waiting impatiently for me.

"What do you need?"

"Nothing. I just want to tell you the truth" he confessed.

"About what?" I asked him suspiciously.

 "About your family..." he said in a low voice.

"What is it?" I asked him. So this was the time where he was going to tell me that he is not my brother and it was all just a lie?

 "I... I... know ..." he began to say but then stopped.

"What do you know Robert?" I asked him angrily.

"Where your parents are!" he said loudly.

"Where?" I asked him but he didn't answer me.

"I asked you where are my parents! Answer me!" I yelled at him.

 "Parents? Meaning daddy and mummy?" Jake asked slowly.

"Jake" Robert whispered in a very low voice.

I looked at him suspiciously and I walked near Jake and grabbed his hand, I couldn't lose him as well. 

"Where are my parents?" I asked him in a rude voice.

"Isn't Jake supposed to-"  

"To be tied up in my grandma's house?" I asked him and in response he nodded "I don't know why don't you ask your gang about that" I told him angrily.

"Samantha, I promised you that I will never hurt you" he stated and approached us.

"Get out of here Robert and give me the keys of this house!" I ordered him.

"I can't lose everything now" he said sadly.

"And I can't lose more people" I told him. 

"Here" he said handing me the keys "Give me my car key" he commanded me and I got them out of my pocket but as I did the sticky note fell out of my pocket and it landed on the floor, precisely in front of Robert's legs.

"You was the one who saved him right?" he asked me quietly. 

"I was" I answered him while picking up the note.

"Just a little hint: there are more sticky notes that you have to find in that house" he whispered and then began to walk away.

"Robert" I yelled his name as he left the kitchen and was opening the door.

"Yeah?" 

"Can we maybe make a deal?" I said slowly not sure why I was doing this.

"What is it?"

"You can keep staying here if you want and you can keep telling them that I don't know anything and all that stuff so they'll tell you who your real parents are, but on one condition" I explained.

"Which is?" 

"You have to tell me whatever they say and tell you" I stated. As he heard me saying this he stared at my face and I wasn't sure what he was going to say.

After a few seconds staring at me he looked at the window and then back at me, without looking at my eyes he said "I can't to that to my friends but one thing that you should know is that you heard other people talking not us because I'm your brother and I don't know who Mariam's gang is" and after saying that he got out and drove away.

"Samantha" Jake called me.

"Yes?"

"I'm scared" he said slowly.

"There is nothing to be scared of" I told him trying to make him some courage even though I was scared. How could he be so mysterious and a big liar? 

I'm sure that it was them who were talking and I'm positive that I heard well.

*                        *                        *                        *                        *                        *                        *

"I'm bored watching cartoons" my brother groaned.

"Me too" I admitted.

"What shall we do now?" he asked me. 

Before I could answer him my phone buzzed and as I unlocked it I saw that it was a message from Robert. What did he want now?

To: Samantha

From: Robert

If the deal is still on I want to accept it and by the way your parents are living in Oak street, Apartment 26 flat number 3. 

He sure changes his mind fast!

"I know what we can do, Jake" I told him.

"What?" he asked me.

"We're going to visit mum and dad" I commented and smiled at him.

"Yuppie" he said with happiness.

*                        *                        *                        *                        *                        *                        *

"I'm tired" he groaned again.

"There's only a few buildings left and then we'll arrive"

"Okay" he said.

We stopped at apartment 26 and then we pressed the lift button and I pressed number 3. As we arrived there I knocked on their door, as there was no doorbell, and I crossed my fingers hoping that they are at home.

"I'll check whose there" someone yelled and the door opened.

"Mummy!!" my brother yelled and jumped on her for a hug.

"Jake" she said while hugging him back "Hey there Samantha" she greeted me.

"Hi mum" 

"Did you say Jake and Samantha?" my father asked.

"Yes, they are here! Come in guys" she welcomed us.

"Jake come and give your daddy a big hug" he ordered him and my brother ran to hug him.

"How did you find him?" my mum asked me while pouring some coffee for us.

"You won't believe me when I'll tell you"

"Try me" she begged me.

"Okay but don't say that I didn't warn you. He was tied up in grandma's house!" I told her and as she heard me the kettle fell from her hands leaving hot water on the floor and the kettle broken.

"Mum?" I yelled.

"It can't be" she said.

"It is. I'm telling the truth" I told her honestly.

"What happened honey?" my father asked her as he saw the disaster that was in the kitchen.

"Jake was stolen and tied up in your mother's home!" she yelled.

"In my mum house?" my father asked as he couldn't believe it. 

"I think she is in this as well" she commented. 

"In this? In what?" I asked her.

"I think its time for you to know..." she began to say slowly and my father agreed with her as he nodded his head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 595 39
A couple years ago, my older brother and I saw something that we shouldn't have seen. Ever since then, we have been on the run from our father, const...
184K 3K 29
He was My best Friend, i could tell him anything . We were Like Brother and Sister. Which is why I wasn't Expecting What was about to happen to me or...
15.5K 574 64
There are few things that humble Allie Carson. As a senior, she is a central part of the popular crowd and can have any guy she wants - and she knows...
35.3K 726 41
They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you. And that's what he brought me, Heaven. We were terribly perfect for each othe...