Hey Hailey ✓

Від veneventer1

"I know right? Did you feel it? Did you feel the blood rushing through your veins? Have you ever felt this be... Більше

Hey Hailey
1. I'm Leaving ~Hailey~
2. I'm Apologizing ~Sam~
3. I'm Recovering ~Miles~
4. I'm Coming ~Hailey~
5. I'm Laughing ~Miles~
6. I'm Depressing ~Sam~
7. I'm Panicking ~Hailey~ Part 1
8. I'm Learning ~Hailey~ Part 2
9. I'm Eating ~Sam~ Part 1
11. I'm Lying ~Miles~
12. I'm Babysitting ~Hailey~
13. I'm Living ~Sam~
14. I'm Hurting ~Miles~
15. I'm Protecting ~Ben~
16. I'm Cleaning ~Hailey~
17. I'm Fighting ~Sam~
A/N
18. I'm Talking ~Hailey~ Part 1
19. I'm Betting ~Hailey~ Part 2
20. I'm Something ~Mason~
21. I'm Saving ~Sam~
22. I'm Crying ~Hailey~ Part 1
23. I'm Blushing ~Hailey~ Part 2
24. I'm Marrying ~Sam~
25. I'm Running ~Hailey~
Epilogue
Full Cast & Dedications
Sequel news!

10. I'm Waiting ~Sam~ Part 2

264 19 8
Від veneventer1

A/N: Chapter dedicated to bluemoon365 Thanks I love your comments!

Chapter 10: I'm Waiting

We did get back just in time. Timing is everything. As soon as we took our seats the teacher came in and told us that detention is over.

Hailey took her bag and waved me a goodbye which I didn't return, instead I followed with her till we're outside the school building. "Thanks, for everything," she said punching my shoulder.

"No problem, is this the part where I give you a ride home?" She shook her head.

"No actually, I'm walking home."

"You sure, because I can always take you to your house?" She shook her head again.

"No I'll manage and besides I ate a lot. I need the exercise." I can't just leave her, I mean that's just not right, it's rude. I offered her one more time, but she refused again. So I let her go. It would be kind of weird if I kept on nagging.

When I got home, mom wasn't home. I stopped and almost swear, mom forgot again! I rushed back to my bike and took off as fast as I could. Detention is about three hours or so and we were gone for two. Shit.

I jogged to the door and knock on it, a lady opened it and she checked me out as if I'm the weirdest being on two legs. An alien. "I'm here for my s- mom's kid." She closed the door in my face and a few seconds later she opened it.

"Hey there JB," I said taking the baby. "Did mommy forget you again?" She made a weird baby sound and I almost laughed at her, but then I realized, babies can't ride on motorcycles, can they? I texted Andrew, but he's busy with football so that helps...

I can't call Hailey, I don't have her number anyway. I will have to the one thing that I don't like at all, call him. "Hey it's me Sam. Uhm I need a ride, please."

"Sure, where are you?"

That's way easier than I thought. He came in his fancy car. "Hey Samuel, hop in."

"Hey Dad," I said climbing in. "This is JB. So, what about the bike?" He shrugged and start driving.

"I'll send someone to pick it up for you. So how're things going with mom and her husband?"

"Uhm, she's actually divorced and this is junky's child. Well, I don't think he is anything more than a sperm donor. Oh didn't I tell you he's in prison?" Dad shook his head.

"We haven't talked since the deal you made. How are things without him?"

"Better. Mom's on one work and this one can be at a daycare, but the problem is that she forgot her again and they close like two hours ago. So that's a problem."

"Can't you guys just get a nanny or something? I mean I would like to help you guys."

"Thanks, but mom already told me that she doesn't want anyone to look after her."

"Sounds like your mother."

"Dad, I know she may be cheated on you and everything, but do you still care about her?"

"Well I did, but we won't be getting back sooner. I've met someone new and I think that maybe it'll work out."

"Why would you think that this marriage would last if your first one didn't? I thought you would at least fight for mom or me. You didn't. That's what's really disappointing, you not caring. I know a lot more than you thought."

"What do you mean?"

"I know that you guys struggled to get pregnant. Mom wanted more kids, but- so- but doesn't mean you can't be together."

"Look, Samuel, I know you want us to be back together again, but it won't work. Your mother changed." I took JB and climbed out of the car. I didn't thank him. That's why I don't like talking or being around him, he doesn't even try. If he did, everything would be so different.

JB luckily doesn't look like Drake's child. We both got mom's eyes. Blue. Everyone says that I look like my dad, but he has brown eyes. My dad isn't a bad person, he's a bad father.

A real father wouldn't just leave his child and wife to care for himself. A good father would've done anything to keep them safe. He would've protected both of them. A father would be there for his son.

"Come on JB let's get you some food." I made her some noodles which she ate and she went to bed herself after that. She did that all without her bottle. She's growing up too fast.

I think the reason I don't call her Jelly Bean anymore is that JB sounds much cooler now and she's growing up. Yeah, that's all.

I'm actually shocked that Hailey agreed to the deal. I thought that she would decline the offer, but she always surprises me.

She called me Sam, she called me Sammy. It did felt weird when she said it, but a good weird. Samuel, she says to spite me, but as complicated as it might sound, I like it when she calls me that. Maybe I should also start calling her pet names, Hay, Lee, Hazel, Westie? I don't know, but it doesn't fit her.

I don't know why she always liked to be called Hay. I've noticed that she now introduces herself as Hailey and she doesn't say that I should stop calling her Hailey. Strange.

Haystack.

Haylo.

Hailey.

It was getting late and I was starting to worry about mom. Maybe she's just on a long shift today? I hope she is.

I did homework. Sam Gibson did homework. This is a rare opportunity guys, observe it. I made her food and I sat waiting, waiting, I'm still waiting.

I heard the front door open. Then a stumble and then she switches the light on, "Where were you?"

She turned around and face me. "Sammy! You're home, I was just working." She gave me a hug.

"You reek."

"Don't let me get started with you." I glared at her.

"You forgot."

"But I left you a message to tell you to pick her up, didn't I?" No.

"You're drunk."

"So! It's not like I've never seen you drunk! You and your girls, by the way, is there one waiting for you in your room?" If she wasn't my mom or a lady I wouldn't regret punching her.

"You say stupid things when you're drunk."

"What do they always say? A drunk man's words- I can't remember but it's something about truth."

"Why are you drunk?"

"It's your f****** father. He did this to me. To us. He left me for that-" I covered her mouth before she could say anything else.

"This isn't the first time mom. Here," I hand her a bottle of water. "Drink up, take a shower and go to bed, I'll bring your food." I grabbed the bottle which I haven't noticed in her hand. "You're going to regret this tomorrow."

She took the water bottle and left the kitchen. "Thanks, Sam." I looked at the bottle in my hand, thinking, and then pour all the rubbish down the drain. Thanks for doing this to me again, mom. "Oh and Sam, your father has children too."

My mom is drunk, she's probably not in her right mind. She's crazy when she's drunk. Don't get me wrong, mom isn't an alcoholic, she just couldn't handle something and took alcohol as a solution. It's something about dad. Him moving on, and she's stuck with two children and her ex is in prison.

I'm not on dad or mom's side.

I believe that they both are grown-ups and they make their own decisions. Mistakes we all make them. It's just some, that won't leave.

We're a broken family.

Dad moved on, it's time mom does too.

I know that they both still have feelings for each other, but they won't admit it. They're both just too stubborn.

~*~

Mom did wake up with a huge headache but that's all her fault. She didn't go to work today, but luckily it's Saturday.

I know you guys are probably wondering why would the 'bad boy' not go out on a Friday night? Well, you saw what happened, that's why. Today's Saturday I can do whatever I want because mom takes care of JB.

Andrew called earlier, said I could hang with him. Perfect. My plan so far is just perfect.

Andrew Reynolds has been my friend since he switched schools. I guess we both have our problems and we understand each other. Andrew's dad also left them, but he died a few years after that. His mom and he both moved on, but why can't my mom?

They didn't move on just because of the time that had passed. They moved on because they had to. Mom needs to.

Flip it's killing me that she isn't doing good. My dad has already met someone new and she's stuck in the past.

She must move on, for me and JB, but mostly for herself. She's falling apart. She's a mess. She's not herself at all.

"How do you get someone's number if they don't have any interest in you?" Andrew takes a sip of his coke.

"What do you mean? Because usually girls give it out as if it's-"

"What if the girl doesn't want anything to do with you?" I ask, taking a bite out of my pizza.

"Hmm..." he said thinking with his hand on his chin. "Why would you want her number?"

"Because."

"Because?"

"Just because."

"Just because?"

"Ugh!" I said throwing my hands in the air. "Not you too! I want her number okay."

"And you, you don't have a temper." He said sarcastically.

"I just- I-I want her number."

"But you never cared enough to get a girl's number."

"Of course I cared." He rolled his eyes. "Just tell me."

"Get her number by a friend or something." Woah that's perfect. Ask Miles -the guy who hates me- for his best friend -who's a girl and his crush- for her number. What a plan.

"What if her friend hates me?"

"Why would any girl-" What is it with him and any girl. Not all girls would do that Andrew! Like Hay.

"You know they have guy friends too," I said as if he's the idiot of the year.

"Then you're screwed. Get another girl's number."

"But I need her number Andrew."

"Woah, repeat that." I rolled my eyes.

"I need her number," I said, getting really annoyed.

"Is this the first time you like someone?" Like?

"Why?"

"You have that face!"

"Which face?"

"That!"

"No, I don't!"

"Yes, you do! Look at those cheeks! Aww who is she?" I'm not blushing you idiot, it's the light.

"You just sounded like a freaking girl, Andrew. She's... Hailey."

"Hailey? Never heard of her." Yeah, that's because you moved here when she already left, guineas.

"The new girl."

"You mean that hot chick with brown hair and-" hot chick? Is she a chicken?

"Yes." I don't want to know what words he was going to use to describe her.

"She kind of looks familiar, but... Why do you have eyes for her?"

"Why do you have eyes for Ella?"

"That's different!"

"I don't know, okay?"

"Me too. But Sam, she must be really special if you like her because you only have flings and... yeah." I nod.

"Yeah."

"So, how's your mom?" I sigh.

"Came home drunk last night, and she forgot to pick up JB again. The woman is going mad."

"That's bad, but I don't understand why you don't let your dad help with anything. He's stinking rich! He could buy you a castle, but you won't let him, why?"

"We don't need his help."

"Okay, whatever you say, but just remember that he's always there. I would kill to have my dad here."

"Maybe you don't understand."

"Tell me, Samuel, what don't I understand?"

~*~

I love Andrew!

Thanks for reading!

Cote!

-V 🐥

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

240K 7.3K 38
Ryan Mitchelle is the girl who really doesn't have friends. She sits in the front of her classes and stays quiet. But that all changes when the most...
Dear Diary... Від forever_Jen_

Підліткова література

72.2K 3.3K 21
WARING: THIS BOOK WILL PROBABLY HAVE YOU WANTING TO THROW YOUR PHONE/COMPUTER OUT THE WINDOW. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! The future makes people run. The...
One of the Boys Від Anonymous

Підліткова література

1.6M 48.1K 21
Ally has always been one of the boys. That is, until she realizes that she has feelings for her best friend, Zac, who happens to be the hottest guy...
sue me Від jaehyne

Романтика

5.6K 383 72
"Are you always this cold " "I'm not cold" ****** When Kat Demar is finally let out of an all girls boarding school to college, she p...