Emancipated | ✓

By awkwardxfreak

Alexa is still struggling to come out to her parents about her sexuality; but her romance with Claire is too... More

prelude
two: skip
three: blame
four: angel
five: threaten
six: claire
seven: secret
eight: tomorrow
nine: jeremy
ten: proposition
eleven: visitor
twelve: better
thirteen: soul
fourteen: heal
fifteen: r u n
Postlude
#wattpadblockparty

one: baby

213 31 33
By awkwardxfreak

     From what I could see here in the distance, all of the lights in my house were turned on, which meant that everybody was home. I sighed and leaned against the smooth leather, silently wishing for a change of scene.

     "You should go," she whispered, but I could hear the hesitation in her voice.

     "I know," I sighed, not wanting to leave her side. She held my hand and pulled me closer, her lips soft against mine. I held the sides of her face; her skin was so smooth, so beautiful. She smelled intoxicating, really—a heady combination of mint and cigarette smoke and lilacs.

     God, kissing her was the best. It was fucking everything.

     "Will I see you tomorrow?" she asked when she pulled away from me, her blue eyes filled with sadness. She bit her lower lip, trying and failing not to cry. A stray tear managed to escape from her left eye, which I caught swiftly with my thumb, carefully wiping her tear-stained cheeks. "I'm sorry," she sniffed, turning away from me so she could wipe her eyes with a tissue she pulled out from her jacket pocket.

     "I don't know," I admitted, I couldn't help my voice from cracking at the end. "But I promise, I'll find a way. You know that we'll always find a way, right?" I pressed my lips against hers once more for a chaste kiss. "Baby?"

     She tried her best to smile. "Yes, baby. I know that." I pulled her in for a tight hug, and she buried her face in the crook of my neck, her hot breath tickling me. We stayed like that for what felt like hours, but in reality, it was just a quick minute. "I love you, Alexa. No matter what anybody else says."

     I smiled at her words. She sounded so sure, so full of conviction. I forced myself not to cry. Because if I did, she'd cry, too, and it would take me another couple of hours to pull my shit together. It would be harder for me to leave her here, alone in her car.

     "And I love you right back, baby girl. I swear to God, we'll see each other again. Okay?"

     She looked up at me, smiled, and pressed her forehead against mine. "Yeah. Okay."

     We broke apart from each other. I had to stop myself from looking at her again, or else I wouldn't be able to resist the urge to pull her into my arms and shower her with needy kisses and disgustingly sweet words and pick-up lines.

     I quickly got out of the car and stood under a broken streetlight, my thumbs fiddling with the belt loops on my pants, the heels of my feet bouncing forward and backward as I waited for her to say one last goodbye before I crossed the street and went inside my house.

     As if on cue, the driver's window opened up to reveal her beautiful, melancholic face. "You take care, baby," she said, then blew me a kiss, which I caught easily. She giggled.

     "I will, baby. Drive safely, alright?"

     "Of course I will. I love you, Alexa."

     "I love you, too, Claire. Always."

     I waited for her to turn right at the end of the corner,  then I crossed the street, and walked to my house.

-

hello, loves! thank you so much for giving this story a shot! please vote and comment and if you liked it; thanks again! 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 342 12
A bunch of requested oneshots. Sexually explicit. Don't report. If you don't like it, Fuck off.
28.7M 913K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...